Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

Your first choice 11...

I''d like to get others opinions on what our best team should be, when fully fit of course.

Mine is :

Ruddy
Martin Barnett Whitbread* Drury
                 Crofts 
   Lansbury          Surman
             Hoolahan
          Holt      Martin

*Swap for Nelson or Ward, either of the 3 I am happy with.

I''d like to see this. As far as I know, Lansbury has started about 4 games at the tip of the diamond or ''in the hole'', and hasn''t really done much. I aint criticising him, I just don''t see why we would move Hoolahan when he is so effective in this position. Also yesterday for example, I''d like to have seen the king of Spain to come on, to run down the wings. He might not be the quickest, but he knows exactly what to do, and can put in a quality cross from time to time. As much as I love Russell Martin, he didn''t put in one good cross yesterday. We had no one who did. So hopefully Surman will do this, and maybe Lansbury if he was given a chance on the right?

Anyway yeah, your opinions please. [:)]

I think that is the starting 11 everybody is awaiting to see. There is so much attacking threat and creativity and the defence looks solid as well...let''s hope Surman gets fully fit and back to his top game, as if so, we could be passing our way around all opposition.

That would be my team as well Barnett. Whitbread would start for me. The last two clean sheets we have had he has played. Is that a complete coincedence? I think he has been supreb.

[quote user="Jacko"]That would be my team as well Barnett. Whitbread would start for me. The last two clean sheets we have had he has played. Is that a complete coincedence? I think he has been supreb.[/quote]

No, but Nelson and Whitbread kept a clean sheet against QPR.....

And to the next poster, why Jackson? Your choice, fair enough, but i just don''t see why anyone would want him to start, he doesn''t add anything to the team what so ever.

HE doesn''t do anything with that pace..... Why do you think Daley isn''t in the team?

why do you think Usain Bolt doesn''t play football?

I think I''d go with the OPs 11, bringing on Jackson for Martin if we''re lacking something in the final third / opposition defenders slow or being to tire.

GK - Ruddy

RB - R Martin

LB - Drury

CB - Barnett

CB - Whitbread

DMC - Crofts

MRC - K Smith

MLC - Surman

AMC - Hoolahan

SC - C Martin

SC - Holt

Subs - Rudd, Tierney, Ward, Lappin, Fox, Lansbury, Jackson.

If we get Bennett:
                    RuddyMartin    Barnett    Whitbread    Drury                    Crofts              Lansbury  HoolahanBarnett                                   Surman                    HoltSubs: Rudd, Tierney, Nelson, Fox, Martin, Lappin, Jackson

I''d start Cody McDonald up front. By himself.

He''s awesome apparently. Scoring goals in a sh** league (which is precisely what Jackson was doing) is enough to justify bringing back Cody and starting him EVERY SINGLE GAME!

Apparently.

I''d like to see Korey Smith get played a lot more.  So for me it is same as the OP but swap Lansbury for Korey Smith.

With Korey Smith not getting hardly any game time lately I think we are missing the trick.  He has bags of potential and he is already quality.  He wins the ball, no midfielder has a comfortable day against him, he and Russell Martin have a brilliant understanding and link up well together and despite getting a bit of criticism for it I think he is half decent in the final third.  I think if we had played him a lot more this season then he would have been able to take the step up to the Prem but now I''m not so sure, thats only IF we go up though.  I hope this doesn''t stutter his progress.

[quote user="Pabs"]GK - Ruddy

RB - R Martin

LB - Drury

CB - Barnett

CB - Whitbread

DMC - Crofts

MRC - K Smith

MLC - Surman

AMC - Hoolahan

SC - C Martin

SC - Holt

Subs - Rudd, Tierney, Ward, Lappin, Fox, Lansbury, Jackson.[/quote]This one, Korey to play instead of Landsbury.

Depends really. If we signed Bennett I would be interested to see a 4-3-3/4-5-1. A major feature of last season was that the diamond suited the abilities of our best 11 players. I am not sure it does anymore. Which I why would potentially like to see....

----------------------------------------------Ruddy---------------------------------------

R.Martin-------------------Barnett---------------------Whitbread-------------------Drury

---------------------------------------------Crofts-----------------------------------------

----------------------------Surman----------------------Lansbury-------------------------

Bennett---------------------------------------------------------------------------Hoolahan

------------------------------------------Holt----------------------------------------------

RuddyR.Martin   Barnett  Whitbread  Drury               K.smith      Crofts Lansbury      Hoolahan      Surman                        HoltMaybe something like that?

[quote user="Boyo"]

I''d like to see Korey Smith get played a lot more.  So for me it is same as the OP but swap Lansbury for Korey Smith.

With Korey Smith not getting hardly any game time lately I think we are missing the trick.  He has bags of potential and he is already quality.  He wins the ball, no midfielder has a comfortable day against him, he and Russell Martin have a brilliant understanding and link up well together and despite getting a bit of criticism for it I think he is half decent in the final third.  I think if we had played him a lot more this season then he would have been able to take the step up to the Prem but now I''m not so sure, thats only IF we go up though.  I hope this doesn''t stutter his progress.

[/quote]

I''m sure we''ve probably been over this before but I really don''t think Korey has that good. I don''t think he''s "already quality" and I really don''t think he''s got "bags of potential".

To me he is a decent player, a great athlete and has a bit of potential.

You can see why Arsenal let him go but held on to Henri Lansbury (Lansbury can do something with the ball but, at this level, Korey comes up a bit short).