Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Forget anyone signing now!

[quote user="Dicky"][quote user="First Wizard"]

quote user="?????"

attention seeker alert

Coming from you with your stupid rumours and dumb posts thats rich pal.

Oh and Dicky, I thought that you were dead.

[/quote] You really are a horrid individual aren''t you.[/quote]

No I''m not, now, if I wished you dead you''d have grounds to moan........but most clearly I didn''t. [:|]

"Its just that I''ve seen it all before, its traditional mate, like Easter. "

And like Easter, wiz''s ''on the third day he came back from the dead'' is a tradition on this forum.

Out go the toys, off goes the wiz - and then, lo and behold, he is back. Back with his predictable attacks upon the integrity of the club, his attacks upon individual board members ..... or just some inane attention seeking drivel. Gone and back far more frequently than an annual event, I''m sad to say.

Unfortunately others seem to have got caught up in what is no more than TV ran, Premier League hype. It matters little to us. Loans can come in next week. Players can join on a loan that is to all and intents and purposes a transfer.

Neither is ''going for it'' determined by some show signing on the last day of January. Going for it is what has got us to where we are now, has kept Carrow Road almost sold out and given us fans a renewed sense of belief and pride once again.

I think that is what isr eally upsetting wiz at this time, that we are second. There is little else for him to criticise so he is left to clutch at some fabricated claim of a failing on the part of the club.

Perhaps it is not too late to transfer wiz to our ''friends'' down the A140. His endless attacks on the club would fit in well, as would his non appearance at games. Their fans don''t appear to be going for it either, as far as supportng the club is concerned.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Some ''going for it'' I must say.

Unless Poyet is lying today, you can all forget Bennett too.

If the the board don''t, can''t or won''t back the best manager we''ve had, then trust me, he''ll go to someone who will! [:(]

[/quote]Patience, Wiz... I expect something around 10:30 tonight.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Patience, Wiz... I expect something around 10:30 tonight.[/quote]Cocoa and your medication?

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Patience, Wiz... I expect something around 10:30 tonight.[/quote]Cocoa and your medication?[/quote]I''m allergic to Cocoa.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Harry"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Patience, Wiz... I expect something around 10:30 tonight.[/quote]Cocoa and your medication?[/quote]I''m allergic to Cocoa.[/quote]Just your medication then.

Firstly, we have absolutely no idea how much money has been spent on transfers so far. All the fees have been undisclosed, so how do you know that the board aren''t "backing" Lambert? I remember him coming out in the press when we were looking to sign Barnett and saying something like, "We need to make certain signings or accept mediocrity". WBA bought Barnett for something like 2.5 million, so I doubt he was exactly cheap. Maybe Lambert sees him as one of his "key" signings. I don''t blame him either. Barnett has been nothing short of astounding.Secondly, the interest in Bennett has been made patently clear. I would imagine Bennett would like to make the step up, hence the transfer request, but Poyet has said he doesn''t want to sell him and they''re not short of a few quid so don''t really need to. He is integral to Brighton''s plans and you can''t force a club to sell. Can you blame them? If one of our best players was snatched from under our noses, we''d be pretty miffed too.Thirdly, we have a fantastic player in Surman coming back from a lengthy spell on the sidelines and he will be like a new signing.I can''t say that I don''t want to see another player come in, as I feel we need a little extra push to maintain our position. But, as a fan who pays for a season ticket, I am unbelievably happy with what we''ve achieved this season. The team plays with utter passion and the spirit is clearly amazing. I think that goes a long way.

I dont think we''ll sign anyone now either, still think in the position we''re in that we should have pushed the boat out for another striker and a right back to cover for R Martin, but if we''re lucky with injuries for the next 3 months we still have enough decent players to get us past the winning line.

We can sign players from 8th February, it''s just we have to call them a loan

That facility ends on the 25th March, as did the previous transfer market

This is merely Premier League hype and has no real impact upon us

Remember us signing Barnett, R Martin, McNamee

On another point, that bird on SSN now, think her names hayley mcqueen, whooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ! Defo better than Georgie and Charlotte

[quote user="City1st"]"Its just that I''ve seen it all before, its traditional mate, like Easter. " And like Easter, wiz''s ''on the third day he came back from the dead'' is a tradition on this forum. Out go the toys, off goes the wiz - and then, lo and behold, he is back. Back with his predictable attacks upon the integrity of the club, his attacks upon individual board members ..... or just some inane attention seeking drivel. Gone and back far more frequently than an annual event, I''m sad to say. Unfortunately others seem to have got caught up in what is no more than TV ran, Premier League hype. It matters little to us. Loans can come in next week. Players can join on a loan that is to all and intents and purposes a transfer. Neither is ''going for it'' determined by some show signing on the last day of January. Going for it is what has got us to where we are now, has kept Carrow Road almost sold out and given us fans a renewed sense of belief and pride once again. I think that is what isr eally upsetting wiz at this time, that we are second. There is little else for him to criticise so he is left to clutch at some fabricated claim of a failing on the part of the club. Perhaps it is not too late to transfer wiz to our ''friends'' down the A140. His endless attacks on the club would fit in well, as would his non appearance at games. Their fans don''t appear to be going for it either, as far as supportng the club is concerned.[/quote]

Nice piece of fiction mate, you should contact ''Womans Weekly'' with it.

[quote user="dejanstenfanovic"]On another point, that bird on SSN now, think her names hayley mcqueen, whooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ! Defo better than Georgie and Charlotte[/quote]

Nah, it''d be Charlie Webster I''d be inviting to tuck in my microphone.

My name''s Andy Gray...good night!

This isn''t grasping at straws because I''m ok either whether we make a signing or not but.......

Remember how PL played games over the Burnley issue? He just loves sounding out sentiment or throwing in a subtle piece of theatre. It really wouldn''t surprise me if something was done and dusted and PL decides to wait until the 11th hour to announce it.

Apart from when he wears his heart on his sleeve in his technical area PL likes a bit of smoke and mirrors.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

This isn''t grasping at straws because I''m ok either whether we make a signing or not but.......

Remember how PL played games over the Burnley issue? He just loves sounding out sentiment or throwing in a subtle piece of theatre. It really wouldn''t surprise me if something was done and dusted and PL decides to wait until the 11th hour to announce it.

Apart from when he wears his heart on his sleeve in his technical area PL likes a bit of smoke and mirrors.

[/quote]

I''d love to bellieve that Ru.

"Remember how PL played games over the Burnley issue?"

errr, no

But nice to think that he has some kind of control over Brighton Football club (and us) over when an announcement is made.

Cant blame people for feeling let down, because love or hate wiz, this wouldnt be what i would call " going for it "

Still typical january window for us.

No last day happy ending.

STILL WE HAVE A GOOD SQAUD; THAT MAY JUST MAKE THE PLAYOFFS YET !

errr, it all starts again next week

today is the Premier League''s deadline, NOT ours

[quote user="First Wizard"]I''m just suprised that a lot of you fell for the hype, it was obvious at noon what the outcome would be.[:S][/quote]

Who were you expecting Wiz?

Apart from a striker- do we really need a new one- we didnt need any new players!

[quote user="CT"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]I''m just suprised that a lot of you fell for the hype, it was obvious at noon what the outcome would be.[:S][/quote]

Who were you expecting Wiz?

Apart from a striker- do we really need a new one- we didnt need any new players!

[/quote]

Well CT, imo we needed a good pacy wideman and a striker, sorry, but I don''t see Wilderbum as a striker of note. But Lambert knows better than us, I just hope finances didn''t force his hand with the ex MK man.

I am advised that Bennett will stay at Brighton until they are knocked out of the cup and he will then come on loan to City with a view to permanent signing in the summer.My South coast informants are watertight.

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]I am advised that Bennett will stay at Brighton until they are knocked out of the cup and he will then come on loan to City with a view to permanent signing in the summer.

My South coast informants are watertight.
[/quote]

Still doubt it. No point keeping him and rejecting a ''very good offer'' (or three) and then loaning him out - would look stupid. Think summer is earliest we could get him, by which time they will probably be in Championship anyway and we may still be too.