Sign in to follow this  
Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

That Stop Press looks interesting......

[quote user="morty"]
Maybe they are stalling till you renew your membership.

At the risk of belittling your question, does it really matter?
[/quote]

Stalling on what? if you mean the question I had to email them, they''ve replied

It obviously matters to me [:)], anyway are you their new PR man Morty you seem to jump to their defence at every opportunity [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="morty"]Maybe they are stalling till you renew your membership.At the risk of belittling your question, does it really matter?[/quote]

Stalling on what? if you mean the question I had to email them, they''ve replied

It obviously matters to me [:)], anyway are you their new PR man Morty you seem to jump to their defence at every opportunity [:)]

[/quote]No, I''m not their new PR man. Yes I have jumped to their defence from idiots that seem to hold grudges from years ago, all seems very petty in my opinion attacking people for things, when they have clearly stated that they want to take the group in new directions.It seems that some just want to have a pop, regardless of what NCISA say, and that they will never win. Also theres a part of me that thinks about the detractors that if they are so smart why don''t they step up to the plate instead of just bumping their gums.Please don''t think I am including you in this, its a general rant.[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="morty"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="morty"]Welcome to your new job Mr Butler.

[:D]
[/quote]

I assume thats a dig at me Morty [:$] Just to be clear I have no problem with Butler, he''s a nice person as are the rest of the committee, but you can''t post that you dont want the pinkun used for ncisa chat/questions one minute then use it to advertise ncisa when it suits them.

[/quote]

Haha, maybe just a little friendly one [;)]

I think its good that you have taken it upon yourself to keep them all on their toes, there will be no slacking from them!

[/quote]

I wont be keeping them on their toes [:)] as I haven''t renewed my membership yet, just find it puzzling when I asked a couple of simple questions on here I had to email them as they didn''t want ncisa chat on here but in the last week they''ve started 3 threads on here about themselves.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Actually, Morty, I think it does matter, because, at the moment, the only way to interact with NCISA is through email and, as Butler points out, only members get a copy of the reply. I personally think that NCISA would benefit significantly from having their own message board, as many people prefer to interact on this basis than through the more formal email channels. There are several committee members who regularly use this forum to express both personal and NCISA views on matters. Often the two become confused to outsiders and, in my humble opinion, that does the organisation little favours.

I was only teasing you Morty, I know you''re one of the nice guys,  although I don''t find Mr Chops as funny as you anymore [:)]

[quote user="GMF"][quote user="morty"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="morty"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="morty"]Welcome to your new job Mr Butler.[:D][/quote]

I assume thats a dig at me Morty [:$] Just to be clear I have no problem with Butler, he''s a nice person as are the rest of the committee, but you can''t post that you dont want the pinkun used for ncisa chat/questions one minute then use it to advertise ncisa when it suits them.

[/quote]Haha, maybe just a little friendly one [;)]I think its good that you have taken it upon yourself to keep them all on their toes, there will be no slacking from them![:D][/quote]

I wont be keeping them on their toes [:)] as I haven''t renewed my membership yet, just find it puzzling when I asked a couple of simple questions on here I had to email them as they didn''t want ncisa chat on here but in the last week they''ve started 3 threads on here about themselves.

[/quote]Maybe they are stalling till you renew your membership.At the risk of belittling your question, does it really matter?[/quote]

Actually, Morty, I think it does matter, because, at the moment, the only way to interact with NCISA is through email and, as Butler points out, only members get a copy of the reply. I personally think that NCISA would benefit significantly from having their own message board, as many people prefer to interact on this basis than through the more formal email channels. There are several committee members who regularly use this forum to express both personal and NCISA views on matters. Often the two become confused to outsiders and, in my humble opinion, that does the organisation little favours.

[/quote]So if people have a genuine interest in NCISA the answer then is to join! If they had a message board I personally think it would be very sparsely populated, I don''t see anything wrong with using this one. I would suggest that anything said on here would be the personal view of the poster, unless other wise stated. Its not like the NCISA posters here have NCISA included in their username to identify themselves, so I don''t see how it could be confusing. Unless people were going out of their way to make it a big issue I guess.

[quote user="cityangel"]I was only teasing you Morty, I know you''re one of the nice guys,  although I don''t find Mr Chops as funny as you anymore [:)][/quote]Blimey, the long knives seem to be out for Choppsy right now lol![;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"]Careful guys, it''s that independant lot that Bly warned us about! [+o(][/quote]

Independant? No, no, no that was the independent lot.

[;)]

OTBC

[quote user="morty"]
 I don''t see anything wrong with using this one.[/quote]

Nor did I until they said if you had a question you had to contact them by email rather than keep using this site, seems daft to me if its just a simple question. 

[quote user="morty"]
I would suggest that anything said on here would be the personal view of the poster, unless other wise stated. Its not like the NCISA posters here have NCISA included in their username to identify themselves, so I don''t see how it could be confusing. [/quote]

Think GMF was refering to ncisa committee member''s posts not ncisa member''s posts.

If they aren''t going to have a small forum for their members to use for opinions/questions/chat on their own website maybe they could ask Pete for a sub section on here for ncisa stuff then it will all be kept together for people to find but guess that would defeat having their own website.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="morty"] I don''t see anything wrong with using this one.[/quote]

Nor did I until they said if you had a question you had to contact them by email rather than keep using this site, seems daft to me if its just a simple question. 

[quote user="morty"]I would suggest that anything said on here would be the personal view of the poster, unless other wise stated. Its not like the NCISA posters here have NCISA included in their username to identify themselves, so I don''t see how it could be confusing. [/quote]

Think GMF was refering to ncisa committee member''s posts not ncisa member''s posts.

If they aren''t going to have a small forum for their members to use for opinions/questions/chat on their own website maybe they could ask Pete for a sub section on here for ncisa stuff then it will all be kept together for people to find but guess that would defeat having their own website.

[/quote]I guess it depends on your interpretation of what constitutes a simple question really, how many times have you seen a simple question turn into a ten page thread by the time all the NCISA haters chime in lol!!??I think that there really isn''t an issue here (in my opinion) the committee members surely must be allowed to take their NCISA hat off occasionally and post their own opinions here! The fact that they want to answer specific questions by E-mail shows where the line of demarcation lies for me.

[quote user="morty"]I think that there really isn''t an issue here (in my opinion) the committee members surely must be allowed to take their NCISA hat off occasionally and post their own opinions here! The fact that they want to answer specific questions by E-mail shows where the line of demarcation lies for me.[/quote]Let''s try a simple question Morty. The article that the opening post refers to states "Several new and younger members have joined the committee". If you look at the AGM report it says "Those standing for re-election for the Committee were introduced to the meeting and re-elected" yet no mention of new committee members. There is nobody new on the committee members page either. So who are these "new and younger" committee members. Are they working as undercover Agents? [^o)] [;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="morty"]Maybe they are stalling till you renew your membership.At the risk of belittling your question, does it really matter?[/quote]

[/quote]No, I''m not their new PR man. Yes I have jumped to their defence from idiots that seem to hold grudges from years ago, all seems very petty in my opinion attacking people for things, when they have clearly stated that they want to take the group in new directions.It seems that some just want to have a pop, regardless of what NCISA say, and that they will never win. Also theres a part of me that thinks about the detractors that if they are so smart why don''t they step up to the plate instead of just bumping their gums.Please don''t think I am including you in this, its a general rant.[:)][/quote]Bucket anyone?..........[+o(]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="morty"]I think that there really isn''t an issue here (in my opinion) the committee members surely must be allowed to take their NCISA hat off occasionally and post their own opinions here! The fact that they want to answer specific questions by E-mail shows where the line of demarcation lies for me.[/quote]Let''s try a simple question Morty. The article that the opening post refers to states "Several new and younger members have joined the committee". If you look at the AGM report it says "Those standing for re-election for the Committee were introduced to the meeting and re-elected" yet no mention of new committee members. There is nobody new on the committee members page either. So who are these "new and younger" committee members. Are they working as undercover Agents? [^o)] [;)][/quote]I would E-mail them that question if I were you.[;)]

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="morty"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]No, I''m not their new PR man. Yes I have jumped to their defence from idiots that seem to hold grudges from years ago, all seems very petty in my opinion attacking people for things, when they have clearly stated that they want to take the group in new directions.It seems that some just want to have a pop, regardless of what NCISA say, and that they will never win. Also theres a part of me that thinks about the detractors that if they are so smart why don''t they step up to the plate instead of just bumping their gums.Please don''t think I am including you in this, its a general rant.[:)][/quote]Bucket anyone?..........[+o(][/quote]Quelle suprise.[;)]

[quote user="morty"]I would E-mail them that question if I were you.[/quote]Surely that''s CA''s point. The article was put on here so everyone should have a right to question it.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="morty"]I would E-mail them that question if I were you.[/quote]Surely that''s CA''s point. The article was put on here so everyone should have a right to question it.[/quote]What actually gives people the right to question it? Why do people that apparently couldn''t give a flying fig about NCISA feel the need to scrutinise every single word they say or type? Whats their motive exactly?Maybe they realised that an open forum wasn''t the ideal place to field questions and decided on the E-mail option?I honestly have no idea, as these opinions I am expressing are my own, and are in no way linked to any official NCISA policy.[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="morty"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Please don''t think I am including you in this, its a general rant.

[:)]

[/quote]

What twaddle you do post.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="morty"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]Please don''t think I am including you in this, its a general rant.[:)]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]Fu ck off you pathetic old troll.

[quote user="morty"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

And this from the fool who has single handedly mastered the art of twaddle himself.

[quote user="morty"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

And this from the fool who has single handedly mastered the art of twaddle himself.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="morty"]I would E-mail them that question if I were you.[/quote]Surely that''s CA''s point. The article was put on here so everyone should have a right to question it.[/quote]I think it''s an ecumenical matter.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="morty"]I think that there really isn''t an issue here (in my opinion) the committee members surely must be allowed to take their NCISA hat off occasionally and post their own opinions here! The fact that they want to answer specific questions by E-mail shows where the line of demarcation lies for me.[/quote]Let''s try a simple question Morty. The article that the opening post refers to states "Several new and younger members have joined the committee". If you look at the AGM report it says "Those standing for re-election for the Committee were introduced to the meeting and re-elected" yet no mention of new committee members. There is nobody new on the committee members page either. So who are these "new and younger" committee members. Are they working as undercover Agents? [^o)] [;)][/quote]

The opening post refers to STOP PRESS not the following article which were my initial thoughts following the AGM.

(Tangy was pleased that some of our first actions on behalf of members had already started.Particularly as you and CA said you would wait and see what happened)

So again you haven''t bothered to look, as one new member is already on.

Not arguing Lapp because it is just not worth the 23 pages and insults that will surely follow as night follows day!!

We have our FIRST committee meeting on Wednesday night, the FIRST opportunity to bring/ propose/confirm new committee members.

Just remember I was only voted in at the AGM!!

It is encouraging that you Lapp, a confirmed non member, should take (together with CA) such interest.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="morty"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="morty"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

Fu ck off you pathetic old troll.
[/quote]

Unpleasant chap aren''t you.

Can''t deal with your nonsense being fingered so you resort to the playground.

The sooner you''re off to Angola the better I reckon.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="morty"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="morty"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]Please don''t think I am including you in this, its a general rant.[:)]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]Fu ck off you pathetic old troll.[/quote]

Unpleasant chap aren''t you.

Can''t deal with your nonsense being fingered so you resort to the playground.

The sooner you''re off to Angola the better I reckon.

OTBC

[/quote]Senile old fool.Oh and I shall have full internet access while I am there, so I can remind you, on a daily basis, of what a complete tw@ you are.One love.[:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I put the Challenge on here weekly not only because several posters have entered, but also the PUPs have two entries (albeit not doing great NN!) and if in the event they should win the prize money goes to Rays funds.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="GMF"][quote user="morty"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="morty"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think its good that you have taken it upon yourself to keep them all on their toes, there will be no slacking from them!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So if people have a genuine interest in NCISA the answer then is to join! If they had a message board I personally think it would be very sparsely populated, I don''t see anything wrong with using this one. I would suggest that anything said on here would be the personal view of the poster, unless other wise stated. Its not like the NCISA posters here have NCISA included in their username to identify themselves, so I don''t see how it could be confusing. Unless people were going out of their way to make it a big issue I guess.
[/quote]

Surely one of the principle objectives of NCISA is to engage with both members and non members by as many means as possible. A NCISA message board would be one means to do so and is more likely to generate more interest in the organisation and therefore increase membership accordingly.

[quote user="GMF"][quote user="morty"][quote user="GMF"][quote user="morty"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="morty"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="morty"]Welcome to your new job Mr Butler.[:D][/quote]

[/quote]Haha, maybe just a little friendly one [;)]I think its good that you have taken it upon yourself to keep them all on their toes, there will be no slacking from them![:D][/quote]

[/quote]Maybe they are stalling till you renew your membership.At the risk of belittling your question, does it really matter?[/quote]

[/quote]So if people have a genuine interest in NCISA the answer then is to join! If they had a message board I personally think it would be very sparsely populated, I don''t see anything wrong with using this one. I would suggest that anything said on here would be the personal view of the poster, unless other wise stated. Its not like the NCISA posters here have NCISA included in their username to identify themselves, so I don''t see how it could be confusing. Unless people were going out of their way to make it a big issue I guess.[/quote]

Surely one of the principle objectives of NCISA is to engage with both members and non members by as many means as possible. A NCISA message board would be one means to do so and is more likely to generate more interest in the organisation and therefore increase membership accordingly.

[/quote]My personal opinion is that an NCISA message board would be sparsely populated, and boring as hell lol. I don''t see something like that attracting new members really. I think we cover a lot of the relevant issues here anyway.

[quote user="GMF"][quote user="morty"][quote user="GMF"][quote user="morty"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="morty"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So if people have a genuine interest in NCISA the answer then is to join! If they had a message board I personally think it would be very sparsely populated, I don''t see anything wrong with using this one. I would suggest that anything said on here would be the personal view of the poster, unless other wise stated. Its not like the NCISA posters here have NCISA included in their username to identify themselves, so I don''t see how it could be confusing. Unless people were going out of their way to make it a big issue I guess.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I fully agree GMF and it is one of our tasks to try and arrange this.

I have explained to several posters (CA many times) that we cannot undertake any further changes to the website until the New Year as the programmers are fully booked earning money until then!

In the interim we are trying to be as accomodating as possible, with give and take on this site and ours.(hosting the PUPS page as an example).

Answering questions via our contact@ncisa.co.uk address means that the individual gets the attention and detail they require,from the person best suited to answer , without boring the pants off everyone else. Also helps to stop some of the stupid, ill informed abuse that is targeted at NCISA.

[quote user="Kathy"]

I put the Challenge on here weekly not only because several posters have entered, but also the PUPs have two entries (albeit not doing great NN!) and if in the event they should win the prize money goes to Rays funds.

[/quote]

Not doing well but I already have ideas how we can make a better entry next year [;)]