Sign in to follow this  
Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

That Stop Press looks interesting......

I''m afraid some of us just don''t like ''organised support''.... which fundamentally is what this small group is about.  If this were going on elsewhere I wouldn''t have an issue, but what is clearly emerging is a clique'' with ambition to ''oversee'' others using the PinkUn message board as a vehicle.  Certain members are already hounding one poster in particular (as a pack) and it says everything about the petty minds of those involved.By all means be part of the whole as individuals.... but leave your little NCISA hats by the door.

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]I''m afraid some of us just don''t like ''organised support''.... which fundamentally is what this small group is about.  If this were going on elsewhere I wouldn''t have an issue, but what is clearly emerging is a clique'' with ambition to ''oversee'' others using the PinkUn message board as a vehicle.  Certain members are already hounding one poster in particular (as a pack) and it says everything about the petty minds of those involved.By all means be part of the whole as individuals.... but leave your little NCISA hats by the door.

[/quote]I personally hound him because he''s an attention seeking troll, and an enormous co ck into the bargain. Not because anyone tells me that I should, tis all my own work.Oh, and you''re talking poop cluckster [;)]

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="morty"]I think that there really isn''t an issue here (in my opinion) the committee members surely must be allowed to take their NCISA hat off occasionally and post their own opinions here! The fact that they want to answer specific questions by E-mail shows where the line of demarcation lies for me.[/quote]Let''s try a simple question Morty. The article that the opening post refers to states "Several new and younger members have joined the committee". If you look at the AGM report it says "Those standing for re-election for the Committee were introduced to the meeting and re-elected" yet no mention of new committee members. There is nobody new on the committee members page either. So who are these "new and younger" committee members. Are they working as undercover Agents? [^o)] [;)][/quote]

The opening post refers to STOP PRESS not the following article which were my initial thoughts following the AGM.

(Tangy was pleased that some of our first actions on behalf of members had already started.Particularly as you and CA said you would wait and see what happened)

So again you haven''t bothered to look, as one new member is already on.

Not arguing Lapp because it is just not worth the 23 pages and insults that will surely follow as night follows day!!

We have our FIRST committee meeting on Wednesday night, the FIRST opportunity to bring/ propose/confirm new committee members.

Just remember I was only voted in at the AGM!!

It is encouraging that you Lapp, a confirmed non member, should take (together with CA) such interest.

[/quote]

It is also encouraging that Morty should take such an interest[;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="morty"]I would E-mail them that question if I were you.[/quote]Surely that''s CA''s point. The article was put on here so everyone should have a right to question it.[/quote]

What actually gives people the right to question it? Why do people that apparently couldn''t give a flying fig about NCISA feel the need to scrutinise every single word they say or type? Whats their motive exactly?

Maybe they realised that an open forum wasn''t the ideal place to field questions and decided on the E-mail option?

I honestly have no idea, as these opinions I am expressing are my own, and are in no way linked to any official NCISA policy.

[:)]

[/quote]

Why the flip not?  You obviously feel you have the right to scrutinise and comment on everything posted on here because you reply to it.  So what gives you the right and not others?[:@]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="morty"]I think that there really isn''t an issue here (in my opinion) the committee members surely must be allowed to take their NCISA hat off occasionally and post their own opinions here! The fact that they want to answer specific questions by E-mail shows where the line of demarcation lies for me.[/quote]Let''s try a simple question Morty. The article that the opening post refers to states "Several new and younger members have joined the committee". If you look at the AGM report it says "Those standing for re-election for the Committee were introduced to the meeting and re-elected" yet no mention of new committee members. There is nobody new on the committee members page either. So who are these "new and younger" committee members. Are they working as undercover Agents? [^o)] [;)][/quote]

The opening post refers to STOP PRESS not the following article which were my initial thoughts following the AGM.

(Tangy was pleased that some of our first actions on behalf of members had already started.Particularly as you and CA said you would wait and see what happened)

So again you haven''t bothered to look, as one new member is already on.

Not arguing Lapp because it is just not worth the 23 pages and insults that will surely follow as night follows day!!

We have our FIRST committee meeting on Wednesday night, the FIRST opportunity to bring/ propose/confirm new committee members.

Just remember I was only voted in at the AGM!!

It is encouraging that you Lapp, a confirmed non member, should take (together with CA) such interest.

[/quote]

It is also encouraging that Morty should take such an interest[;)]

[/quote]As a member of NCISA I think I should.[;)]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="morty"]I would E-mail them that question if I were you.[/quote]Surely that''s CA''s point. The article was put on here so everyone should have a right to question it.[/quote]What actually gives people the right to question it? Why do people that apparently couldn''t give a flying fig about NCISA feel the need to scrutinise every single word they say or type? Whats their motive exactly?Maybe they realised that an open forum wasn''t the ideal place to field questions and decided on the E-mail option?I honestly have no idea, as these opinions I am expressing are my own, and are in no way linked to any official NCISA policy.[:)]

[/quote]

Why the flip not?  You obviously feel you have the right to scrutinise and comment on everything posted on here because you reply to it.  So what gives you the right and not others?[:@]

[/quote]Because I am doing so on an open public forum, whereas the NCISA, as far as I''m aware, elect a committee to represent peoples views and opinions, so why give people the responsibility to make decisions on your behalf then endlessly criticise and question the decision?Two completely different things really.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="GMF"][quote user="morty"][quote user="GMF"][quote user="morty"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="morty"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="morty"]Welcome to your new job Mr Butler.

[:D]
[/quote]

I assume thats a dig at me Morty [:$] Just to be clear I have no problem with Butler, he''s a nice person as are the rest of the committee, but you can''t post that you dont want the pinkun used for ncisa chat/questions one minute then use it to advertise ncisa when it suits them.

[/quote]

Haha, maybe just a little friendly one [;)]

I think its good that you have taken it upon yourself to keep them all on their toes, there will be no slacking from them!

[:D]
[/quote]

I wont be keeping them on their toes [:)] as I haven''t renewed my membership yet, just find it puzzling when I asked a couple of simple questions on here I had to email them as they didn''t want ncisa chat on here but in the last week they''ve started 3 threads on here about themselves.

[/quote]

Maybe they are stalling till you renew your membership.

At the risk of belittling your question, does it really matter?
[/quote]

Actually, Morty, I think it does matter, because, at the moment, the only way to interact with NCISA is through email and, as Butler points out, only members get a copy of the reply. I personally think that NCISA would benefit significantly from having their own message board, as many people prefer to interact on this basis than through the more formal email channels. There are several committee members who regularly use this forum to express both personal and NCISA views on matters. Often the two become confused to outsiders and, in my humble opinion, that does the organisation little favours.

[/quote]

So if people have a genuine interest in NCISA the answer then is to join! If they had a message board I personally think it would be very sparsely populated, I don''t see anything wrong with using this one. I would suggest that anything said on here would be the personal view of the poster, unless other wise stated. Its not like the NCISA posters here have NCISA included in their username to identify themselves, so I don''t see how it could be confusing. Unless people were going out of their way to make it a big issue I guess.
[/quote]

Surely one of the principle objectives of NCISA is to engage with both members and non members by as many means as possible. A NCISA message board would be one means to do so and is more likely to generate more interest in the organisation and therefore increase membership accordingly.

[/quote]

My personal opinion is that an NCISA message board would be sparsely populated, and boring as hell lol. I don''t see something like that attracting new members really. I think we cover a lot of the relevant issues here anyway.
[/quote]

Well if that is true -

What is the point of NCISA, do we need it?  Would we be any poorer without it?

Why do NCISA feel they have a right to start laying down the law on a forum not affiliated to them?

[:^)]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="morty"][quote user="GMF"][quote user="morty"][quote user="GMF"][quote user="morty"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="morty"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="morty"]Welcome to your new job Mr Butler.[:D][/quote]

I assume thats a dig at me Morty [:$] Just to be clear I have no problem with Butler, he''s a nice person as are the rest of the committee, but you can''t post that you dont want the pinkun used for ncisa chat/questions one minute then use it to advertise ncisa when it suits them.

[/quote]Haha, maybe just a little friendly one [;)]I think its good that you have taken it upon yourself to keep them all on their toes, there will be no slacking from them![:D][/quote]

I wont be keeping them on their toes [:)] as I haven''t renewed my membership yet, just find it puzzling when I asked a couple of simple questions on here I had to email them as they didn''t want ncisa chat on here but in the last week they''ve started 3 threads on here about themselves.

[/quote]Maybe they are stalling till you renew your membership.At the risk of belittling your question, does it really matter?[/quote]

Actually, Morty, I think it does matter, because, at the moment, the only way to interact with NCISA is through email and, as Butler points out, only members get a copy of the reply. I personally think that NCISA would benefit significantly from having their own message board, as many people prefer to interact on this basis than through the more formal email channels. There are several committee members who regularly use this forum to express both personal and NCISA views on matters. Often the two become confused to outsiders and, in my humble opinion, that does the organisation little favours.

[/quote]So if people have a genuine interest in NCISA the answer then is to join! If they had a message board I personally think it would be very sparsely populated, I don''t see anything wrong with using this one. I would suggest that anything said on here would be the personal view of the poster, unless other wise stated. Its not like the NCISA posters here have NCISA included in their username to identify themselves, so I don''t see how it could be confusing. Unless people were going out of their way to make it a big issue I guess.[/quote]

Surely one of the principle objectives of NCISA is to engage with both members and non members by as many means as possible. A NCISA message board would be one means to do so and is more likely to generate more interest in the organisation and therefore increase membership accordingly.

[/quote]My personal opinion is that an NCISA message board would be sparsely populated, and boring as hell lol. I don''t see something like that attracting new members really. I think we cover a lot of the relevant issues here anyway.[/quote]

Well if that is true -

What is the point of NCISA, do we need it?  Would we be any poorer without it?

Why do NCISA feel they have a right to start laying down the law on a forum not affiliated to them?

[:^)]

[/quote]That is my personal opinion, and not the opinion of the NCISA, I am not on the committee and do not speak for them.Sorry, who is laying down the law exactly lol?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="morty"]I would E-mail them that question if I were you.[/quote]Surely that''s CA''s point. The article was put on here so everyone should have a right to question it.[/quote]

What actually gives people the right to question it? Why do people that apparently couldn''t give a flying fig about NCISA feel the need to scrutinise every single word they say or type? Whats their motive exactly?

Maybe they realised that an open forum wasn''t the ideal place to field questions and decided on the E-mail option?

I honestly have no idea, as these opinions I am expressing are my own, and are in no way linked to any official NCISA policy.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Because I am doing so on an open public forum, whereas the NCISA, as far as I''m aware, elect a committee to represent peoples views and opinions, so why give people the responsibility to make decisions on your behalf then endlessly criticise and question the decision?

Two completely different things really.
[/quote]

No it''s not. 

NCISA have posted on an open public forum, therefore EVERYONE has a right to comment, and not just members of NCISA.  NCISA''s don''t have and as a non member neither have I given them, responsibility to make decisions on my behalf.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="morty"]I would E-mail them that question if I were you.[/quote]Surely that''s CA''s point. The article was put on here so everyone should have a right to question it.[/quote]What actually gives people the right to question it? Why do people that apparently couldn''t give a flying fig about NCISA feel the need to scrutinise every single word they say or type? Whats their motive exactly?Maybe they realised that an open forum wasn''t the ideal place to field questions and decided on the E-mail option?I honestly have no idea, as these opinions I am expressing are my own, and are in no way linked to any official NCISA policy.[:)]

[/quote]

[/quote]Because I am doing so on an open public forum, whereas the NCISA, as far as I''m aware, elect a committee to represent peoples views and opinions, so why give people the responsibility to make decisions on your behalf then endlessly criticise and question the decision?Two completely different things really.[/quote]

No it''s not. 

NCISA have posted on an open public forum, therefore EVERYONE has a right to comment, and not just members of NCISA.  NCISA''s don''t have and as a non member neither have I given them, responsibility to make decisions on my behalf.

[/quote]Yes, you''re right, everyone does have a right to comment.

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]I''m afraid some of us just don''t like ''organised support''.... which fundamentally is what this small group is about.  If this were going on elsewhere I wouldn''t have an issue, but what is clearly emerging is a clique'' with ambition to ''oversee'' others using the PinkUn message board as a vehicle.  Certain members are already hounding one poster in particular (as a pack) and it says everything about the petty minds of those involved.By all means be part of the whole as individuals.... but leave your little NCISA hats by the door. [/quote]It always hurts a little when you have to agree with Cluck but he does get it right occasionally [:D]

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]I''m afraid some of us just don''t like ''organised support''.... which fundamentally is what this small group is about.  If this were going on elsewhere I wouldn''t have an issue, but what is clearly emerging is a clique'' with ambition to ''oversee'' others using the PinkUn message board as a vehicle.  Certain members are already hounding one poster in particular (as a pack) and it says everything about the petty minds of those involved.By all means be part of the whole as individuals.... but leave your little NCISA hats by the door. [/quote]It always hurts a little when you have to agree with Cluck but he does get it right occasionally [:D][/quote]

nudge, nudge [;)] [;)] know what I mean!

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]I''m afraid some of us just don''t like ''organised support''.... which fundamentally is what this small group is about.  If this were going on elsewhere I wouldn''t have an issue, but what is clearly emerging is a clique'' with ambition to ''oversee'' others using the PinkUn message board as a vehicle.  Certain members are already hounding one poster in particular (as a pack) and it says everything about the petty minds of those involved.By all means be part of the whole as individuals.... but leave your little NCISA hats by the door. [/quote]

By definition support is organised .... as you all go along at the same time to sit (or stand) in your allocated spot and join in with singing and clapping!

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]I''m afraid some of us just don''t like ''organised support''.... which fundamentally is what this small group is about.  If this were going on elsewhere I wouldn''t have an issue, but what is clearly emerging is a clique'' with ambition to ''oversee'' others using the PinkUn message board as a vehicle.  Certain members are already hounding one poster in particular (as a pack) and it says everything about the petty minds of those involved.By all means be part of the whole as individuals.... but leave your little NCISA hats by the door. [/quote]It always hurts a little when you have to agree with Cluck but he does get it right occasionally [:D][/quote]

nudge, nudge [;)] [;)] know what I mean!

[:)][/quote]I think so [;)][:D]x [;)]

[quote user="morty"]
 NCISA, as far as I''m aware, elect a committee to represent peoples views and opinions, so why give people the responsibility to make decisions on your behalf then endlessly criticise and question the decision
[/quote]

The ncisa members don''t choose the committee members who represent them Morty, the committee itself invites people to join them or head hunt suitable candidates.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="morty"] NCISA, as far as I''m aware, elect a committee to represent peoples views and opinions, so why give people the responsibility to make decisions on your behalf then endlessly criticise and question the decision[/quote]

The ncisa members don''t choose the committee members who represent them Morty, the committee itself invites people to join them or head hunt suitable candidates.

[/quote]Well clearly they know more about this than you or I do, we can''t just have any old idiots getting voted on, its not about popularity, more ability to do the job. Have you ever considered getting on some commitee action? You seem very interested.

[quote user="morty"]
. Have you ever considered getting on some commitee action? You seem very interested.
[/quote]

No thanks, I don''t see what they are ever going to achieve with 350 members out of our 24,000 fan base.

But I think you should, you seem to have taken on the role as their spokesman by replying to every question addressed to them nowadays.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="morty"]. Have you ever considered getting on some commitee action? You seem very interested.[/quote]

No thanks, I don''t see what they are ever going to achieve with 350 members out of our 24,000 fan base.

But I think you should, you seem to have taken on the role as their spokesman by replying to every question addressed to them nowadays.

[/quote]What would you like them to achieve? Perhaps, as a fan, if you effectively communicate to them what you would like them to do for you then they may be able help you out.I am purely an unofficial spokesman who deals with the ones with unexplained grudges against NCISA, and calls them cocks.[:)]

If you read back through the thread Morty  I was merely making the point that they can''t just use the pinkun when it suits them, they either embrace chat/questions/issues on here or they divert all ncisa traffic to their own website. They can''t just use this to tell us about the nice things and then tell us to use email for the more searching not so nice things.

You really should join their committee Morty you  have sounded very devoted to their cause in the few months since you joined.

I''ll leave you to have the last word Morty, the sun is shining here in North Norfolk and its too nice to be indoors.

Enjoy the game tonight. [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="morty"]
. Have you ever considered getting on some commitee action? You seem very interested.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Our fan base is much bigger than 24,000 CA

[quote user="cityangel"]

If you read back through the thread Morty  I was merely making the point that they can''t just use the pinkun when it suits them, they either embrace chat/questions/issues on here or they divert all ncisa traffic to their own website. They can''t just use this to tell us about the nice things and then tell us to use email for the more searching not so nice things.

You really should join their committee Morty you  have sounded very devoted to their cause in the few months since you joined.

I''ll leave you to have the last word Morty, the sun is shining here in North Norfolk and its too nice to be indoors.

Enjoy the game tonight. [:)]

[/quote]Oh right, you don''t want to join NCISA, and don''t actually want them to do anything for you, you just like asking them lots of questions?Not devoted at all, just sticking up for my friends when I see idiots giving them stick on here for no apparent reason. Work commitments would preclude me playing a full part in the committee anyway.You going to the game?

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="morty"]. Have you ever considered getting on some commitee action? You seem very interested.[/quote]

[/quote]To be fair CA, morty replies to every question addressed to everyone on here [;)]...

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]To be fair CA, morty replies to every question addressed to everyone on here [;)]...

[/quote]Subtle.[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]Subtle.

[:)][/quote]See !  Told ya ! [;)]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="morty"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]Subtle.

[:)][/quote]See !  Told ya ! [;)][/quote]Your post wasn''t a question.[:)]

[quote user="morty"]Your post wasn''t a question.[:)][/quote]Not as such, but it did ask a question of you, which you have answered.  You can always trust people to be what they are. [;)]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="morty"]Your post wasn''t a question.[:)][/quote]Not as such, but it did ask a question of you, which you have answered.  You can always trust people to be what they are. [;)][/quote]Okay, we have established that I''m a know it all, who spends more time than you consider appropriate on this forum.What are your plans for these stunning findings?[:)]

[quote user="morty"]Okay, we have established that I''m a know it all, who spends more time than you consider appropriate on this forum.What are your plans for these stunning findings?[:)][/quote]None really, mission accomplished - Now I''m off to go and do something (debatably) less boring instead.  Which will involve sitting very still and typing for most of the day.But I have to.