Sign in to follow this  
Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

That Stop Press looks interesting......

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="morty"]Okay, we have established that I''m a know it all, who spends more time than you consider appropriate on this forum.What are your plans for these stunning findings?[:)][/quote]None really, mission accomplished - Now I''m off to go and do something (debatably) less boring instead.  Which will involve sitting very still and typing for most of the day.But I have to.[/quote]Well after I finish my coffee I shall have a shower and walk to the city and post a letter, I may browse some clothes shops, I fancy some new jeans.So you will have to manage without me for at least part of the day.[:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="morty"]
 NCISA, as far as I''m aware, elect a committee to represent peoples views and opinions, so why give people the responsibility to make decisions on your behalf then endlessly criticise and question the decision
[/quote]

The ncisa members don''t choose the committee members who represent them Morty, the committee itself invites people to join them or head hunt suitable candidates.

[/quote]

Wrong again.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]I envy those who are permitted to walk during the day.[/quote]I have just been away working every single day for 3 weeks, mostly 10 and 11 hour days.I am enjoying my leisure time.[:)]

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="morty"]
 NCISA, as far as I''m aware, elect a committee to represent peoples views and opinions, so why give people the responsibility to make decisions on your behalf then endlessly criticise and question the decision
[/quote]

The ncisa members don''t choose the committee members who represent them Morty, the committee itself invites people to join them or head hunt suitable candidates.

[/quote]

Wrong again.

[/quote]

What a constructive response [:O]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="morty"] NCISA, as far as I''m aware, elect a committee to represent peoples views and opinions, so why give people the responsibility to make decisions on your behalf then endlessly criticise and question the decision[/quote]

[/quote]

Wrong again.

[/quote]

[/quote]But stunningly accurate. I believe that CA was actually present at the AGM when the democratic votes were cast.So "Wrong again" just about covers it.[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="morty"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Wrong again.

[/quote]

[/quote]

But stunningly accurate. I believe that CA was actually present at the AGM when the democratic votes were cast.

So "Wrong again" just about covers it.

[:)]
[/quote]

Didnt see you amongst the 45 people present at the AGM Morty but from memory weren''t their names read out, they were asked to stand up and then someone was asked to nominate them and second them.

I''m not going to argue anymore, up to last month I''d been a member for years but you having being member for all of a coupls of months obviously know a lot more than everyone else about how committee members get onboard , either that or you''re being fed your lines  from someone.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="morty"] NCISA, as far as I''m aware, elect a committee to represent peoples views and opinions, so why give people the responsibility to make decisions on your behalf then endlessly criticise and question the decision[/quote]

[/quote]

Wrong again.

[/quote]

[/quote]But stunningly accurate. I believe that CA was actually present at the AGM when the democratic votes were cast.So "Wrong again" just about covers it.[:)][/quote]

Didnt see you amongst the 45 people present at the AGM Morty but from memory weren''t their names read out, they were asked to stand up and then someone was asked to nominate them and second them.

I''m not going to argue anymore, up to last month I''d been a member for years but you having being member for all of a coupls of months obviously know a lot more than everyone else about how committee members get onboard , either that or you''re being fed your lines  from someone.

[/quote]I never said I was there, merely pointed out that I knew that you were. If the democratic process of voting people onto the committee was so fatally flawed wouldn''t it have been better to raise the point at the AGM, seeing as you were there?No, I don''t profess to know everything about it at all, but seriously, what is your continuing interest in all this about, seeing as you have no need for NCISA, as they won''t achieve anything (your words) and are no longer a member, why the need to pick holes?Lol, great, now a conspiracy theory that I''m being fed lines. Seriously, have a word with yourself.[:)]

And, anyway. I thought you were going to let me have the last word on this as you were off out?[;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="morty"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Wrong again.

[/quote]

[/quote]

But stunningly accurate. I believe that CA was actually present at the AGM when the democratic votes were cast.

[/quote]

Accurate or not it is not very constructive and it is certainly not the type of response one would expect from a Chairman hoping to attract new members.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Wrong again.

[/quote]

[/quote]But stunningly accurate. I believe that CA was actually present at the AGM when the democratic votes were cast.So "Wrong again" just about covers it.[:)][/quote]

Accurate or not it is not very constructive and it is certainly not the type of response one would expect from a Chairman hoping to attract new members.

[/quote]If you read the rest of the thread it is pretty obvious that CA isn''t someone who is looking to join NCISA, rather someone that was a member for years, but has recently left.[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="morty"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Wrong again.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If you read the rest of the thread it is pretty obvious that CA isn''t someone who is looking to join NCISA, rather someone that was a member for years, but has recently left.

[/quote]

While that may be the case, it is posted on an open public forum that potential new members can read and does not come across very well.

1. The Chairman of NCISA is getting involved in petty arguements on an open forum.  Is this appropriate?

2. His response comes across as rather aloof and flippant

Will the above encourage any new members to join?

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Wrong again.

[/quote]

[/quote]If you read the rest of the thread it is pretty obvious that CA isn''t someone who is looking to join NCISA, rather someone that was a member for years, but has recently left.[:)][/quote]

While that may be the case, it is posted on an open public forum that potential new members can read and does not come across very well.

1. The Chairman of NCISA is getting involved in petty arguements on an open forum.  Is this appropriate?

2. His response comes across as rather aloof and flippant

Will the above encourage any new members to join?

[/quote]Perhaps there are other mitigating circumstances regarding CA''s interaction, I have no idea. To be honest mate, I really don''t blame Chris, or anyone on the committee getting involved, they have every right to defend themselves from the bucket load of idiots that seem to have some sort of axe to grind with the NCISA.To be honest, strong leadership that refuses to pander to a hysterical few is a good thing in my book.Whats your story then? Are you an NCISA member? Potential member? Disgruntled ex member? Or just another interested party?

[quote user="morty"]
I never said I was there, merely pointed out that I knew that you were. If the democratic process of voting people onto the committee was so fatally
Lol, great, now a conspiracy theory that I''m being fed lines. Seriously, have a word with yourself.

[/quote]

So if you weren''t at the AGM Morty but you know what happened???

As for being fed lines, I posted in their defence just over a week ago and received an email from the Butler within minutes, thanking me for the friendly words so I assumed you''re getting the same treatment [:)]

See you in the pub Sat Morty and we can continue the discussion face to face rather than bore everyone on here.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="morty"]I never said I was there, merely pointed out that I knew that you were. If the democratic process of voting people onto the committee was so fatally Lol, great, now a conspiracy theory that I''m being fed lines. Seriously, have a word with yourself.[/quote]

So if you weren''t at the AGM Morty but you know what happened???

As for being fed lines, I posted in their defence just over a week ago and received an email from the Butler within minutes, thanking me for the friendly words so I assumed you''re getting the same treatment [:)]

See you in the pub Sat Morty and we can continue the discussion face to face rather than bore everyone on here.

[/quote]It has been discussed to death on here, I have gleaned how it went from that. No, Butler isn''t mailing and feeding me lines lol.Cool, I''ll let you buy me a beer.[;)]

I''m always right Shack........Learn to live with that fact and you will have few problems in life.  [Y]

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]I would just like to clarify that the opening post was made in a personal capacity.[/quote]Does that mean you sometimes use a ghost writer? [^o)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]I would just like to clarify that the opening post was made in a personal capacity.[/quote]Does that mean you sometimes use a ghost writer? [^o)][/quote]

Watch it Tangy, the Hound of the Basketcases is peeing in your wellies again!

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]I would just like to clarify that the opening post was made in a personal capacity.[/quote]Does that mean you sometimes use a ghost writer? [^o)][/quote]Watch it Tangy, the Hound of the Basketcases is peeing in your wellies again![/quote]Why did I know that would bring Chairman Mao out? [;)]