Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Doncaster v Norwich City match thread

Is anyone else wondering why we changed a successful formula?

Is Tony just an impact player?

For me Lappin should have started and we should have stuck to our usual slow build into a game whilst wearing down the opposition ready for a change. How do we change offensively from here?

0 - 0 is never a bad half time score for Norwich so why not be patient?

I really hope I am wrong. Come on Tony and come on City!!

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Is anyone else wondering why we changed a successful formula?

Is Tony just an impact player?

For me Lappin should have started and we should have stuck to our usual slow build into a game whilst wearing down the opposition ready for a change. How do we change offensively from here?

0 - 0 is never a bad half time score for Norwich so why not be patient?

I really hope I am wrong. Come on Tony and come on City!![/quote]Beginning to think you''re right.

Seems odd to abandon a system after only 25 minutes but there seems to have been absolutely no pressing. Letting Donc control the ball and shoot from distance..

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Is anyone else wondering why we changed a successful formula? Is Tony just an impact player? For me Lappin should have started and we should have stuck to our usual slow build into a game whilst wearing down the opposition ready for a change. How do we change offensively from here? 0 - 0 is never a bad half time score for Norwich so why not be patient? I really hope I am wrong. Come on Tony and come on City!![/quote]

Yes I wonder that every time a winning team is changed, why fix it if it ain''t broke.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Is anyone else wondering why we changed a successful formula? Is Tony just an impact player? For me Lappin should have started and we should have stuck to our usual slow build into a game whilst wearing down the opposition ready for a change. How do we change offensively from here? 0 - 0 is never a bad half time score for Norwich so why not be patient? I really hope I am wrong. Come on Tony and come on City!![/quote]

I had the same thoughts. Lappin is a solid away from home and Macca can be an impact player. Oh well we shall see.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Sounds like were awfull, I can see donny giving us a real thrashing tbh. There a very good team and my dark horses for promotion this season.[/quote]

Let''s hope you are wrong

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Have we switched back to the diamond?

[/quote]More or less. Mac on the left, Korey on the right, Wes and Crofts in the middle in their usual positions.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

God alone knows what formation they are playing now lol but sounds like the defence have nodded off

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Sounds like were awfull, I can see donny giving us a real thrashing tbh. There a very good team and my dark horses for promotion this season.[/quote]

[/quote]

I hope so too, but i do feel weve over achieved slightly so far this season so a defeat or two wouldnt suprise me.

[quote user="thirdlion v2"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

More or less. Mac on the left, Korey on the right, Wes and Crofts in the middle in their usual positions.
[/quote]

Much better.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

I hope so too, but i do feel weve over achieved slightly so far this season so a defeat or two wouldnt suprise me.

[/quote]

A win''s a win''s a win in my eyes, we need points on the board as we did last season, however they achieve that I don''t care lol

[quote user="Yellows"][quote user="thirdlion v2"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]More or less. Mac on the left, Korey on the right, Wes and Crofts in the middle in their usual positions. [/quote]

Much better.

[/quote]Seems to have woken them up a bit. Mac is often anonymous and always was when he started last year. His pace is great late in the game and he may well come good tonight, but it''s a ballsy change to make, especially away from home. Contrary to the belief of some, the diamond isn''t broke.

I wonder if the reason for going more attacking with Tony and Wes in the side is the form of Grant Holt.

Holt looks a shadow of last season so far so maybe Lambert is trying to get him more supply?