Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Doncaster v Norwich City match thread

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]I was worried about having so many luxury players and it''s been the case, only Crofts & Smith to disrupt the Donny pasisng.[/quote]I don''t consider any player a luxury player but they are very attacking. In pure attacking/defending terms, we''re basically playing a 4-2-4, away from home, because of the number of attacking players. We''re playing much, much better in this last 10 or 15 minutes as we''re actually on the ball more, and playing in their half. The problem seemed to stem from a complete lack of pressing and letting Donny play their game, shoot at will and just pass it about. Big mistake. To me, the half was poor no doubt, but improved as it went on. Only 1 down so it''s clearly possible to get back, but they really need to work a lot, lot harder. Oddly, that seems to be a theme of this season. Against Barnsley there was a lack of effort up front, and against Swansea we were content to let them play their own game. Until City start learning to press from the front they''ll always be like this. Still, 45 minutes to go, and we are on the up.

From the live text thing;

thomas: are ips*** playing tonight
MB: Home to QPR I believe.

FFS, what a stupid, pointless bloody question, and even more stupid of MB to put it up.

The point I was trying to make thirdlion, we''re lacking a body in the engine room to press and disrupt the Donny passing.It''s no use having McNamee, Hoolahan, Holt & Martin if we can''t get control of the ball in midfield.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]

The point I was trying to make thirdlion, we''re lacking a body in the engine room to press and disrupt the Donny passing.It''s no use having McNamee, Hoolahan, Holt & Martin if we can''t get control of the ball in midfield.

[/quote]

Crofts and Korey.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

From the live text thing;

thomas: are ips*** playing tonight
MB: Home to QPR I believe.

FFS, what a stupid, pointless bloody question, and even more stupid of MB to put it up.

[/quote]

Yeah, it''s typical.

You submit a decent & relative comment & it doesn''t appear. Then, on the other hand you get rubbish like this. Unbelieveable.

[quote user="Yellows"][quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]

[/quote]

Crofts and Korey.

[/quote]

yes, i know full well who the 2 midfielders are, they need an extra body in their if we''re to get on the ball.

Playing only Crofts and Smith in front of the back four isn''t enough.Lambert normally works it out though, and I wouldn''t put it past him to engineer a win tonight through tactical nous. But with Surman injured, both Fox and Lappin not making the grade, our squad looks a bit bereft of quality alternatives at the moment.

[/quote]I totally agree. It''s a risky selection, particularly away from home.

[/quote]

What about KS and Crofts?

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"][quote user="Yellows"][quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]

[/quote]

Crofts and Korey.

[/quote]

yes, i know full well who the 2 midfielders are, they need an extra body in their if we''re to get on the ball.

[/quote]

You said we need a body in the engine room so I said who is in there. I know were losing but theres no need to be like that. Jeez.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Seconded.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

They need some help in midfield, we''ve been successful because we''ve had 3 in the midfield. No use having attacking players if we don''t win the midfield.

[quote user="Yellows"][quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"][quote user="Yellows"][quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]

[/quote]

Crofts and Korey.

[/quote]

[/quote]

You said we need a body in the engine room so I said who is in there. I know were losing but theres no need to be like that. Jeez.

[/quote]

No need to be like what? Understand a post before you ask silly questions, sorry if you took offence.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"][quote user="Yellows"][quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"][quote user="Yellows"][quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]

[/quote]

Crofts and Korey.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No need to be like what? Understand a post before you ask silly questions, sorry if you took offence.

[/quote]

Hmm I just stated who was playing in the ''engine room'' as you believed no one was playing that position, that is all.

[quote user="Yellows"][quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"][quote user="Yellows"][quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]

[/quote]

Crofts and Korey.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I replied with eactly the same post. I think two peolpe to get a grip of the ball is enough to get the job done. And clearly so does Lambert, hence there being no subs.