Sign in to follow this  
Shyster

Lambo - you anus!

[quote user="Shyster"]What have I been saying for what seems like a millennium already? Last season we lacked pace in the squad, but the diamond that caters for slower players (specifically slower and less technically gifted players of Third tier standards) came good, predominantly in the first half of said season -- we all know what happened in the latter stages of that season; the diamond was sussed by the opposition in return encounters and more often than not, we had to revert to a 4-4-2 involving McNamee coming on to inject pace and goals that arguably garnered the 9 to11 points that secured promotion.A lesson learned one would''ve thought, but no - all bleedin'' close season and the beginning of this one and here we are, still, with one fu*king player who is fleet of foot! And that in a Division that has always required pace.What do we do now when we inevitably have to revert to a flat 4-4-2, Lambo? Surman''s injured; not a speedy player, but wouldn''t it be fantastic if we had at least another skillful and pacey wide man to replace him on either wing and play the opposing flank to McNamee?  We''re yet to play a form side this season, and I''m far from confident with the strategy that entails McNamee coming off the bench as the sole impact player to bolster a lop-sided and makeshift 4-4-2 when the diamond has once again faltered.[/quote]

This is what we get when morons play championship manager.

Bugger off and get a life, do you REALLY think your opinion matters, or is more intelegent than paul lambert´s ?

Your just some fool that thinks he knows better with a big fat 0 of achivments in the big wide world of life.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="morty"]Remind me, we won and gained 3 points today, didn''t we?[/quote]

Yes, morty, and I''m hugely pleased about that, but you really have to look further than the end of your arm.We''re only five games into the season and apart from Watford, Doncaster are the only form side and sternest opposition we will meet to date.I''m sure you''d agree that it''d be a bastard shame to see us balls up a good beginning to the campaign through Lambo''s lack of foresight?  [/quote]

Maybe he should fall back on you should he be stuck for ideas, hope you have passed on your contact details to the club, Because your clearly the "missing link" ohh ohh, ahh ahh.

[quote user="Shyster"]What have I been saying for what seems like a millennium already? Last season we lacked pace in the squad, but the diamond that caters for slower players (specifically slower and less technically gifted players of Third tier standards) came good, predominantly in the first half of said season -- we all know what happened in the latter stages of that season; the diamond was sussed by the opposition in return encounters and more often than not, we had to revert to a 4-4-2 involving McNamee coming on to inject pace and goals that arguably garnered the 9 to11 points that secured promotion.A lesson learned one would''ve thought, but no - all bleedin'' close season and the beginning of this one and here we are, still, with one fu*king player who is fleet of foot! And that in a Division that has always required pace.What do we do now when we inevitably have to revert to a flat 4-4-2, Lambo? Surman''s injured; not a speedy player, but wouldn''t it be fantastic if we had at least another skillful and pacey wide man to replace him on either wing and play the opposing flank to McNamee?  We''re yet to play a form side this season, and I''m far from confident with the strategy that entails McNamee coming off the bench as the sole impact player to bolster a lop-sided and makeshift 4-4-2 when the diamond has once again faltered.[/quote]

Shut Up!

Er......what''s changed? Do we all of a sudden have an effective Plan B, for that''s the gist of my argument? Are you people seriously suggesting Lambo should stick with the diamond all season long? Don''t you want promotion?The players played much better today than they did against Doncaster - simple as that - nothing to do with the sodding formation.

[quote user="Shyster"] Er......what''s changed? Do we all of a sudden have an effective Plan B, for that''s the gist of my argument? Are you people seriously suggesting Lambo should stick with the diamond all season long? Don''t you want promotion?The players played much better today than they did against Doncaster - simple as that - nothing to do with the sodding formation.[/quote]

Thats right it is, and it works both ways, not just when it suits your argument matey.

[quote user="Shyster"] Er......what''s changed? Do we all of a sudden have an effective Plan B, for that''s the gist of my argument? Are you people seriously suggesting Lambo should stick with the diamond all season long? Don''t you want promotion?The players played much better today than they did against Doncaster - simple as that - nothing to do with the sodding formation.[/quote]Top, top cop-out.  Come on now, stop playing silly buggers.

[quote user="Shyster"] Er......what''s changed? Do we all of a sudden have an effective Plan B, for that''s the gist of my argument? Are you people seriously suggesting Lambo should stick with the diamond all season long? Don''t you want promotion?The players played much better today than they did against Doncaster - simple as that - nothing to do with the sodding formation.[/quote]You said this all last year, you bell-end.

Shyster''s basic point is sound. With a lack of pace and Surman injured I''m not totally convinced that we have enoough to break down the best sides in this league. Lappin is a great pro and works his socks off, but is never going to unlock a defence with a moment of brilliance. We are still two players light in my view.

If somethings not broken - don''t fix it!

We''d of probably done better at Doncaster if we''d of had the diamond!

Play to your strengths and with our lack of pace and Hoolahan in the side, the diamond is the best way to go about things!

[quote user="Beauseant"]Shyster''s basic point is sound. With a lack of pace and Surman injured I''m not totally convinced that we have enoough to break down the best sides in this league. Lappin is a great pro and works his socks off, but is never going to unlock a defence with a moment of brilliance. We are still two players light in my view.[/quote]This is practically, word for word, my view on the matter. There''s an element to Shyster''s argument that is agreeable, and without the personnel to quite implement what he''s proposing there''s no way we can empirically discover the validity of it unfortunately. However, i find that from a purely analytical perspective there is a lot to sympathise with in it.Yet, despite this his idea''s were delivered in the typical angsty Shyster fashion, and as a result i don''t think he can have any qualms with the general theme of responses here, especially with another fancy looking win in the bag.

[quote user="Beauseant"]Shyster''s basic point is sound. With a lack of pace and Surman injured I''m not totally convinced that we have enoough to break down the best sides in this league. Lappin is a great pro and works his socks off, but is never going to unlock a defence with a moment of brilliance. We are still two players light in my view.[/quote]

The ever insightful, Beauseant  [img]http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img]

[quote user="John"][quote user="Beauseant"]Shyster''s basic point is sound. With a lack of pace and Surman injured I''m not totally convinced that we have enoough to break down the best sides in this league. Lappin is a great pro and works his socks off, but is never going to unlock a defence with a moment of brilliance. We are still two players light in my view.[/quote]This is practically, word for word, my view on the matter. There''s an element to Shyster''s argument that is agreeable, and without the personnel to quite implement what he''s proposing there''s no way we can empirically discover the validity of it unfortunately. However, i find that from a purely analytical perspective there is a lot to sympathise with in it.Yet, despite this his idea''s were delivered in the typical angsty Shyster fashion, and as a result i don''t think he can have any qualms with the general theme of responses here, especially with another fancy looking win in the bag.[/quote]

You do have some wonderful turns of phrase, John  [img]http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img]

[quote user="Beauseant"]Shyster''s basic point is sound. With a lack of pace and Surman injured I''m not totally convinced that we have enoough to break down the best sides in this league. Lappin is a great pro and works his socks off, but is never going to unlock a defence with a moment of brilliance. We are still two players light in my view.[/quote]I think as long as Hoolahan stays fit we do have enough to break down the best sides more often than not. Still leaves a big problem if he does get crocked though, not an easy player to find backup for either.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Beauseant"]Shyster''s basic point is sound. With a lack of pace and Surman injured I''m not totally convinced that we have enoough to break down the best sides in this league. Lappin is a great pro and works his socks off, but is never going to unlock a defence with a moment of brilliance. We are still two players light in my view.[/quote]I think as long as Hoolahan stays fit we do have enough to break down the best sides more often than not. Still leaves a big problem if he does get crocked though, not an easy player to find backup for either.

[/quote]And listening on the wireless (always a dangerous way of formulating an opinion on a match), it sounded like Lappin offered at least as much as Surman has done this season, in terms of quality deliveries and good wide play.

[quote user="Beauseant"]Shyster''s basic point is sound. With a lack of pace and Surman injured I''m not totally convinced that we have enoough to break down the best sides in this league. Lappin is a great pro and works his socks off, but is never going to unlock a defence with a moment of brilliance. We are still two players light in my view.[/quote]

Surprised at this from you Beau.  Wasn`t it Lappin`s moment of brilliance which won us the points at Scunthorpe?  Couldn`t he have had three assists today if others finishing had been better?  Didn`t he have one of our highest assist ratios last season?

[quote user="Beauseant"] Lappin is a great pro and works his socks off, but is never going to unlock a defence with a moment of brilliance. [/quote]

Moments of brilliance maybe not but what he does provide the best defensive platform to support the diamond while still regularly creates goals, which is what unlocking defences is all about - 11 assists last season I think,  and more than Chris Martin - not bad for a fundamentally a defensive minded midfielder.

What MacNamee gives us is a wonderful option if the proven preferred plan A is not working. He contributed an excellent 5 last season, a wonderful return from his appearances and is repeating that impact from the bench again this season. That sounds like a pretty sound, but more crucially effective, plan a & b to me 

Yup we can still do with another target man for a possible plan c,  and a little more pace in all positions would be good - but actually our current direction is looking pretty solid. 

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

Didn`t Lappin have one of our highest assist ratios last season?

[/quote]

His total assists of 11 was second only to Hoolahan (16),  but as a ratio of total appearances he was 4th behind, in order,  Hoolahoop, McNamee & Holt.  McNamee gave an assist roughly every 3.4 appearance, while lappins was each 4.5. 

But it shows that you done just need pace or quick feet to create goals,  a eye for a pass and a decent cross are just as important as moments of brilliance - they are just not so memorable.

Just back from the game, diamond worked very well, lappin playd very well, made a great tackle first half on the edge of our box, i been to every game home and away and i must say lappin when played has been very good and has contributed more then surman, i am not saying lappin is better, but he certinley is a team player, excellent work rate and offers a lot defensively, i must admit i though he would be awful this year but i think he is brilliant in the diamond

The point about needing more pace is reasonable- however if we start our first choice 11 there is Jackson and McNamee to come off the bench. However our resident tactical genius seems to be stuck back in the 1970''s- all the suggestions seem to be 4-4-2 with pace down the flanks.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

Surprised at this from you Beau.  Wasn`t it Lappin`s moment of brilliance which won us the points at Scunthorpe?  Couldn`t he have had three assists today if others finishing had been better?  Didn`t he have one of our highest assist ratios last season?

[/quote]

Not knocking Lappin, Mr C. As I said, he''s an honest pro, but I don''t believe that he''s in Surman''s class in terms of creativity/

[quote user="king canary"]The point about needing more pace is reasonable- however if we start our first choice 11 there is Jackson and McNamee to come off the bench. However our resident tactical genius seems to be stuck back in the 1970''s- all the suggestions seem to be 4-4-2 with pace down the flanks.[/quote]

Right - you agree that my argument about needing more pace in the squad is a reasonable one - so where on the field do you suggest we need that speed?Do you think we should sign a pacy goalkeeper? [:P]

I''d suggest pacy full backs if we''re going to continue with the diamond. But I''ve been suggesting that for a long time now and nobody ever listens [:''(][;)]

[quote user="king canary"]The point about needing more pace is reasonable- however if we start our first choice 11 there is Jackson and McNamee to come off the bench. However our resident tactical genius seems to be stuck back in the 1970''s- all the suggestions seem to be 4-4-2 with pace down the flanks.[/quote]It''s more of a 4-2-4, he wants 2 out and out wingers. Imagine McNamee on 1 flank and Huckerby on the other, how many goals would we concede? how would we get the ball and then control it in midfield?

[quote user="Shack Attack"]I''d suggest pacy full backs if we''re going to continue with the diamond. But I''ve been suggesting that for a long time now and nobody ever listens [:''(][;)][/quote]

We can''t afford the quality of player all over the squad to accommodate swift fullbacks, Shack.Watch Watford destroying Millwall with wingers in a 4-4-2 later on the box.

So we play well and its nothing to do with the tactics, the players just played better. And if we play bad, the tactics are failing and we need a plan b. Got it.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Shack Attack"]I''d suggest pacy full backs if we''re going to continue with the diamond. But I''ve been suggesting that for a long time now and nobody ever listens [:''(][;)][/quote]

We can''t afford the quality of player all over the squad to accommodate swift fullbacks, Shack.Watch Watford destroying Millwall with wingers in a 4-4-2 later on the box.

[/quote]Who are those wingers? I''ve seen the 11 they''ve selected but not sure how they lined up, they were either playing:a 4-4-2 with Buckley & Cowie wide, Cowie isnt an out and out wingerora 4-5-1/4-3-3 with Sordell pushed out wide rather than up top.Either way they had a solid 3 of midfield players in the side rather than the 2 you''d have us set up with.