Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

If I were a PNE season ticket holder.....

......I wouldn''t be too impressed at the generosity afforded the Norwich fans visiting Deepdale later this month.Yes, at only £5 an adult ticket it''s a brilliant deal for the away fans but not so brilliant, if, as a home season ticket holder, you''re coughing up something like £15 - £20 a match.For once it''s our good fortune but I somehow can''t see the new Carrow Road philosophy of  '' Squeeze the punters ''til they squeak '' being relaxed when Preston play the return fixture at our place, can you ?

I wonder whats made them drop their prices so low. I know the North West has always been a major hotbed for football clubs but recently their attendances have fallen quite sharply. Its not because Blackpool have made the Premier League by any chance? Because that really would hurt.

Blackburn have reviewed their matchday tickets too

[quote] Blackburn Rovers are at it again – this time with a ‘dynamic pricing policy’ which looks set to further swell attendances at Ewood Park.

Renowned for innovative marketing, Rovers have now devised a scheme that will see games offered at varying price levels after many key factors have been analysed.

Traditionally, fixtures at Ewood are banded into categories and priced according to the perceived status of the opposition. However, this new ‘dynamic’ initiative takes into account a number of issues which can influence the decision to attend a match or not. These range from whether or not the game is to be screened on live TV, the day of the week and kick off time, how crucial the match is in terms of league position, the ‘attractiveness’ of the opposition – even the dreaded weather forecast!

Simon Williams, Head of Commercial and Marketing says, “We are constantly trying to find ways to make watching football at Ewood Park as attractive and appealing as possible

“The move to introduce ‘dynamic pricing’ comes after discussions with supporters. Feedback to our research has provided us with a clear understanding of the many factors which determine whether someone attends or not.

* Adults £10 with all concessions £5. [/quote]

Guess clubs with low attendances are listening to their fans and reducing their prices to get more people in.

Just had a friend of mine whos a barnsley fan and he said he aint coming cause he aint paying £20 for a ticket to see his team getting thrashed by us, which has happened everytime we play them.

and about preston, i do feel for them and how much we only have to pay. seems a bit crazy, but hey in the end, who would turn down a bargain, when you have to pay over £30 for coach

At the end of the day they''re just trying to make as much money as possible. They know that Norwich is a hell of a long way from Preston and that a fair few fans would have thought twice about going. By making it a fiver I know a lot of people that have decided it''s worth the £5 match ticket and petrol money for the trip now as it''s the same cost as a London game.

Had we returned a load of tickets due to the distance and quality of opposition, Preston probably wouldn''t have been able to sell them to their own fans so they might as well make it as cheap as possible to get as much from the away fans as they can.

We have the opposite view at this club that if the away fans don''t want them, then our own fans will buy them instead. Unfortunately our casual ticket prices are putting paid to this notion.

[quote user="barclaybabe"]

Just had a friend of mine whos a barnsley fan and he said he aint coming cause he aint paying £20 for a ticket to see his team getting thrashed by us, which has happened everytime we play them.

and about preston, i do feel for them and how much we only have to pay. seems a bit crazy, but hey in the end, who would turn down a bargain, when you have to pay over £30 for coach

[/quote]loyal fan. I paid £35 to see us lose at Palance once, and lose at sheffield united, and forest, and Derby (Twice) and many more games!i have only ever seen 7 away wins in nearly 20 years.. 4 of them against Ispwich, 2 against Reading and 1 against Coventry... and he whignes at a reasonably priced ticket for a short journey to watch a good side....

I can remember when Norwich did adult tickets for £5 when crowds were very low. It was just a few years before the new Jarrold stand was built.Those £5 games were one of the things that helped attract so many new fans to he club, and then the club turned a lot of those into season ticket holders.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]They hardly get any fans these days and they have got off to a really poor start. Panic button i think[/quote]PNE attendances have been very consistant since they were promoted to the Championship,http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/pne.htm  However, this season they made a mistake and put prices up by too much for some fans so they are lowering prices again.

More and more clubs seem to have started offering these cheap tickets.......Amongst all the acres of coverage about Wayne '' Einstein '' Rooney''s alleged hanky-panky with a woman while his wife was waddling around eight months pregnant elsewhere, there was also an article about ticket pricing in today''s '' Times '' newspaper.Apparently Blackburn have decided that this weekend''s match v Fulham is such a poor draw that they''ve priced the casual seats at £10 with £5 concessions. Instead of pricing fixtures according to the supposed attractiveness of the opposition they intend to price games on a match-by-match basis to include things like whether it''s live on TV, kick off time and what day of the week the match is to be played. Even the weather forecast was mentioned.Wigan Athletic - who we all know attract pitiful attendances - are offering a family of four admission for £25 and a seaon ticket holder can bring a friend for only £7.50. Of course it''s not cheap at every stadium. The article says that if Arsenal pass on the VAT increase coming up in January then a top price general sale ticket, including booking fee and postage, will break through the £100 barrier. ( They must be doing something right at The Emirates as it''s full every time ).I know Blackburn and Wigan aren''t most peoples idea of attractive teams, including those who live there, but I wonder if many other clubs are about to upset their own loyal season ticket holders by offering these '' giveaway '' prices to casual fans on a regular basis. 

I am sure I read somewhere that because Preston had now finished their ground they were going to start looking at ways of getting it full to increase the attending fanbase and improve the match day experiance.

I am sure we have been chosen as the cheapest game of the season as a one of, but I am fairly sure they are doing a lot more cat C games than they have before.

Good on them, if you have the seats you may as well use them, something NCFC ought to start remembering.

As a Norwich fan living in Preston (about 500 yards from the ground) I can tell you that the Norwich fixture has been selected as PNE''s annual super-saver match. Its done as a way of trying to offer a taster for potential PNE supporters. However, as the league rules say that away seats have to be the same price as the lowest priced home seats of the same type (in this case home and away supporters share a stand) they have to offer the £5 seat price to us as well.

Even with this cheap match, my mate''s season ticket still works out significantly cheaper over the course of the season.

I also live very close to Deepdale, just off Moor Park in Preston. I have to say the average attendance at PNE is around 10,000 and when your ground holds 20,000 plus incentives are made to draw in the crowds.

I have my tickets and at a fiver its a bonus but as a city fan I would of been prepared to pay standard prices. However it is nice to see a club like PNE showing generosity to both home and away fans alike.