Sign in to follow this  
Swaffham Boy

Andrew Surman signs for Norwich City

Wolves sites are saying City paid 1.2m for Surman. Obviously some of that would be add-ons for appearances and promotion and such, but that''s a lot for yet another mid-fielder when the GK and striker situation still hasn''t been resolved. Jackson may yet come off, but back-up/competition for Holt is still crucial. Hopefully Lambert is sorting that out and Forster will return. OTBC!

[quote user="ron obvious"]
Daily Mail says £500k! I wonder if any in the media really know ...
[/quote]

That''s the beauty of an undisclosed fee, isn''t it? You know, because it''s , like, undisclosed........

The problem with the views of fans on that Wolves forum is they have seen him play 15 times in the PL for them.

On the other side, Saints fans rave about him after seeing him play over 100 games in the Championship.

Perhaps we could sell him back to Wolves next season when we swap divisions.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1288723/Andrew-Surman-departs-Wolves-Norwich-balance.html?

500k isn''t too bad considering they paid 1.2 million for him.  However if we bought Jackson for the same price that adds up to 1 million and if you asked me for 1 million pounds for Simeon Jackson and Andrew Surman I would think that maybe thats a little over priced.

500k for Surman yes, 500k for Jackson, is the maximum.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Gazza"]

Top, top signing! One of the best young players on the scene a few years ago bar none, well done Lambert!

What was that yest Tilly??? ;0)

[/quote]

All i will say is Gazza that everybody is "biggin" this chap up when i doubt nobody has seen him play more than 90 minutes football against us which must have been over a season ago.Now don''t get me wrong as i pray he will turn out to be a terrific signing and i trust PL 110% but what i cannot get my head around is "experts" popping up on here talking about players as though they watch them play week in and week out.

[/quote]

Well i 1st spotted him when stuck in hampshire for 10 months..Asked saints mate,as he stood out,about him..and believe me,i thought he would become an excellent player,but at time 1 fault,he never tracked back!.As i said to mate at time,as we had failed to qualifer for the euro`s, He could be Englands future missing link that we need on the left! ..I posted this yesterday when most thought he would sign for leeds or another northern club,so was bigging him up even though i thought we had no chance of getting him! ...Coincidently,we buy him on the day ENGLAND needs to win! An omen ..:):):)

hasnt anyone considered that they might still owe us a chunk of the jason shackell money? we may have had that taken off the cost of surman

[quote user="Smeg"]hasnt anyone considered that they might still owe us a chunk of the jason shackell money? we may have had that taken off the cost of surman[/quote]

Yes, I considered that, a few pages back.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Smeg"]hasnt anyone considered that they might still owe us a chunk of the jason shackell money? we may have had that taken off the cost of surman[/quote]

Yes, I considered that, a few pages back.

[/quote]

{Tips hat to GJP}

I got this feedback from my Southampton mate:

"He will be class in the Championship, the Premier League was probably a step to far for him at the time he moved. He would be been at a massive low after our relegation and being sold by the administrators (He''s a Southampton lad and fan) I also don''t think going to a newly promoted club was the best move for him.

If we got promoted after being a star in a Championship club he could probably hack the step up but being chucked in at the deep end with a club like Wolves was a terrible idea.

As a player he''s a very cultured ball playing midfielder with a decent shot on him, his only real downside is that he''s not the strongest when he plays in the middle and not the quickest if he plays on the wing. His best position is in the centre of midfield next to a destroyer, pinging the ball around and taking a few long range shots.

Very good signing, was hoping we might be able to tempt him back."

Sounds very promising.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Great singing i think  [:D]

But why is old Mick McCarthy selling players while out in SA? (Also won''t he be missing out on some players as well? seems a strange time for a manager to go out and commentate....)
[/quote]

I think they have just acquired Hunt from Hull and he plays on the left hand side.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]What the hell do the Gold Scum know about footballers?! Really pleased with this signing, he might not have pace but it''s not the be all and end all for a wide player. Who would you rather have in the England team, Beckham in his prime, or Lennon? No contest.[/quote]

Milner hasn''t got pace but he put over a lovely cross for DeFoe to score.......

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"]

I got this feedback from my Southampton mate:

"He will be class in the Championship, the Premier League was probably a step to far for him at the time he moved. He would be been at a massive low after our relegation and being sold by the administrators (He''s a Southampton lad and fan) I also don''t think going to a newly promoted club was the best move for him.

If we got promoted after being a star in a Championship club he could probably hack the step up but being chucked in at the deep end with a club like Wolves was a terrible idea.

As a player he''s a very cultured ball playing midfielder with a decent shot on him, his only real downside is that he''s not the strongest when he plays in the middle and not the quickest if he plays on the wing. His best position is in the centre of midfield next to a destroyer, pinging the ball around and taking a few long range shots.

Very good signing, was hoping we might be able to tempt him back."

Sounds very promising.

Think this description from the Southampton fan is absolutely spot on. From what we''ve seen of him in his year and a bit with us is that he is quite a cultured player would a good range of passing and a decent shot but lacks enough pace movement and trickery to play on the wing. Interseting that the Southmapton fan said his best position is in the middle next to a crofts/johnson type player, could he do a job for us in this role maby similar to Fox? Sadly i think this guy was right where he says class championship player but the Prem is a step to far. Just think he hasnt got the pace to be involved in the game enough and also looks a bit lazy when tracking back and i think he was a passenger for the majority of the West Brom game.

[/quote]