Sign in to follow this  
YellowBlood

Marshall

[quote user="morty"][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Tim Allman"][quote user="CDMullins"]

You dont have to show loyalty to a company you work for because you dont have 25,000 people screaming your name and idolising you!

You owe every club that gives you a chance a certain degree of loyalty,

He showed none, he was the first person to leave when we went down!

Hes not great anyway, forget about him!

[/quote]

So you wanted loyalty from him, but I assuming you also wanted Marhsall out because he wasn''t very good. Sorry you can''t have it both ways.

Would you rather he stayed and pick up money as an expensive luxury in the reserves, and then leave on a free transfer or a lesser fee than we would have received for him?

It was much better that he left quickly, we got an early transfer fee, and it freed up wages.

[/quote]

He would have been a capable league one goalkeeper, and would have had Lambert as a coach instead of Roeder/Gunn.

Loyalty is a word very few footballers these days understand

[/quote]

They have about 12-15 years to make enough money to last the rest of their life.

And whats wrong with showing ambition by going to a club that has better prospects?
[/quote]

Marshall is in the exact same League next year, that he would be if he had stayed with us!

do think he''s no better than an average keeper - and has shown that again today

he also showed hes a top championship keeper this season by helping Cardiff to finish 4th and reach the play off finals....a mistake today doesnt mean hes been crap all season.......not arguing....just my opinion.

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="morty"][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Tim Allman"][quote user="CDMullins"]

You dont have to show loyalty to a company you work for because you dont have 25,000 people screaming your name and idolising you!

[/quote]

So you wanted loyalty from him, but I assuming you also wanted Marhsall out because he wasn''t very good. Sorry you can''t have it both ways.

Would you rather he stayed and pick up money as an expensive luxury in the reserves, and then leave on a free transfer or a lesser fee than we would have received for him?

It was much better that he left quickly, we got an early transfer fee, and it freed up wages.

[/quote]

He would have been a capable league one goalkeeper, and would have had Lambert as a coach instead of Roeder/Gunn.

[/quote]They have about 12-15 years to make enough money to last the rest of their life.And whats wrong with showing ambition by going to a club that has better prospects?[/quote]

Marshall is in the exact same League next year, that he would be if he had stayed with us!

[/quote]And he came within 90 minutes of being in the Prem today.Which we couldn''t offer him this season/[:|]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="morty"][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Tim Allman"][quote user="CDMullins"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

They have about 12-15 years to make enough money to last the rest of their life.

And whats wrong with showing ambition by going to a club that has better prospects?
[/quote]

[/quote]

And he came within 90 minutes of being in the Prem today.

Which we couldn''t offer him this season/

[:|]
[/quote]

And, what division is he in next year?

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="morty"][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="morty"][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Tim Allman"][quote user="CDMullins"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]They have about 12-15 years to make enough money to last the rest of their life.And whats wrong with showing ambition by going to a club that has better prospects?[/quote]

[/quote]And he came within 90 minutes of being in the Prem today.Which we couldn''t offer him this season/[:|][/quote]

[/quote]Forget it mate, you''re just being a bell-end now.He left for better prospects, deal with it.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="morty"][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="morty"][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Tim Allman"][quote user="CDMullins"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And he came within 90 minutes of being in the Prem today.

Which we couldn''t offer him this season/

[:|]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Forget it mate, you''re just being a bell-end now.

He left for better prospects, deal with it.

[/quote]

Maybe the Grass isnt always greener!

Marshall is in no better position now than he would be had he stayed

Were both in the same league

and we dont have the dark cloud hanging over us that Cardiff seem to have!

[quote user="CDMullins"] 

[/quote]Talk about simple [:$]

So if we get relegated or Brighton get promoted.......you will be behind Brighton fans slagging off Crofts???

Marshall has come and gone. He''s an ex- player now-and won''t be the only one returning to Carrow Road next season, what are we going to do, boo them all?

Should we boo Crofts for not showing any loyalty to Brighton and moving onwards and upwards in joining us, just as Marshall did when he joined Cardiff?

Energies and focus should be on the players who wear our shirts now, not those that used to.

Spot on Old Shu8ck...players come and go but the club remains ......im sure some people havent actually got a clue about transfers....seems to be a portion of fans on here think its ok for a player to come here and leave another club....but heaven forbid a player leaves us.....christ!!!

Sorry Arthur, I think we''ll have to agree to disagree about Marshall.

Yes, he''s been the keeper in a team that''s come fourth. But the season prior he was keeper for a side that was relegated.

Marshall is a world class shot stopper - one of the best I''ve seen. However, his command of the box, indecisiveness and inability to come for balls seriously undermines his strengths.

For me, he needs to be keeper in a team with a strong defensive unit. Cardiff, in my view, are well organised and that''s why he''s done well for them

get over it shuck! christ!

...no hang on, i''m going to start boo-ing Cody Mac...not only did he leave Dartford in the lerch, that scaffolding firm he worked for ended up being a man light for nearly a week...there''s no loyalty these days!

Sorry Arthur, I think we''ll have to agree to disagree about Marshall.

Thats fair comment thegoogler....whats pissing me off is people moaning about Marshall moving.......yet did any of them moan about Grant Holt not showing Shrewsbury any loyalty....NO!!!

There is no such thing as loyalty nin football anymore....hasnt been for years....the last player of that kind was Le Tisser..for over 10 years players do whats best for there career....Rooney...lifelong Everton fan, left for man Utd...why??? because he can have a more successful career with them.....when marshall left there was no gaurentee that we would bounce straight back........people need to get over players leaving us....players come and go thats football....if you dont like it stick to golf!!!

So Marshall gets slagged off for leaving us shortly after we get relegated but it appears alright for us to put the boot on the other foot and sign Crofts from Brighton before the play offs for this current season are decided.Double standards come to mind.

So Marshall gets slagged off for leaving us shortly after we get relegated but it appears alright for us to put the boot on the other foot and sign Crofts from Brighton before the play offs for this current season are decided.Double standards come to mind.

Ive said this about 5 times on this thread now Tilly my friend, but the Marshall haters seem to be ignoring it.........blinkered is one of many words I could use.

Marshall was one of our few decent players in last seasons debacle!

Hes good enough to play in the Championship, we got money for him and we ended up with a better keeper this season anyway and I''ve largely forgotten about him so who gives a shiny shite?

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="morty"][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="morty"][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="morty"][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Tim Allman"][quote user="CDMullins"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]And he came within 90 minutes of being in the Prem today.Which we couldn''t offer him this season/[:|][/quote]

[/quote]Forget it mate, you''re just being a bell-end now.He left for better prospects, deal with it.

[/quote]

[/quote]I''m not sure I get your point. So, just to clarify, what league will he be in next year?The CDMullins guide to arguing.1) Make a very simplistic and flawed point.2) Repeat the same point to make your point.3) Repeat step 2.4) Get the last word in.

No-one seems to have highlighted that we sold him because.....we got an offer and needed the money!!!! Bloody hell, how idiotic are some fans. Welcome to the real world. Huckerby''s are very few and far between, but even then we would have sold him if someone would have offered £3m.

We had been relegated and Cardiff offered money we couldn''t refuse, and we didn''t fight too hard to keep him. Thats the long and short of it. Thank him next time you see him because he enabled us to buy Holt!

Wasn''t he our most expensie signing for several years, and still is? So he must have been on one of the highest wages. I''m sure he was strongly encouraged to leave by the club.

Marshall left a league one team which ended up winning its league to one which competed for a place in the prem and came within 90 mins of doing just that.

He , and clingan,  were a key part of the fire sale needed to bring funds into the club once we were relegated;   and were a couple of the players who actually had a sale value with interest from other clubs.   Together with his desire to play at the highest level (dont see anyone criticising Clingan for the same thing) it was not a surpsise he moved on.

He did his job ok with us, saved us more points than he lost, and kept his career going.  I wont be criticising him when he comes back. 

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Marshall left a league one team which ended up winning its league to one which competed for a place in the prem and came within 90 mins of doing just that.

He , and clingan,  were a key part of the fire sale needed to bring funds into the club once we were relegated;   and were a couple of the players who actually had a sale value with interest from other clubs.   Together with his desire to play at the highest level (dont see anyone criticising Clingan for the same thing) it was not a surpsise he moved on.

He did his job ok with us, saved us more points than he lost, and kept his career going.  I wont be criticising him when he comes back. 

[/quote]

Spot on Zipper.