Sign in to follow this  
25overpar

More cause for concern

No sooner we begin to feel a little more confident that Paul Lambert is staying with us, we now find McNally is on the Scottish FA''s most wanted list!

Can''t see him going yet. He''s been here for less than a year-no doubt he will move on, but he''ll do so at a time and point when it might be considered that its a case of "job done" -promotion to the Premiership or new investment for example?

Would think the appeal of working day to day with one club and one board etc is more appealing than being answerable to lots of clubs and an infinite number of suits anyway...

Let''s hope the tartan bastards do not get  hold of him! Together with Lambert he''s the one who''s turned round our fortunes... I would be devastated!

[quote user="First Wizard"]Its old news, but if he does goes, just pray that Doomy doesn''t come back![:''(][/quote]

I''m not convinced that he will go, for reasons of his past statements now I know everyone has his price but the things he said about long term plans and the Stadium''s needs give me the impression that he will want to see out his contract here, and If  I''m correct in saying he has never left a job undone. I may be wronge but don''t think s  

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]Its old news, but if he does goes, just pray that Doomy doesn''t come back![:''(][/quote]

I''m not convinced that he will go, for reasons of his past statements now I know everyone has his price but the things he said about long term plans and the Stadium''s needs give me the impression that he will want to see out his contract here, and If  I''m correct in saying he has never left a job undone. I may be wronge but don''t think s  

[/quote]And a plus must be he''s a board member..................   I think!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]And a plus must be he''s a board member..................   I think![/quote]

He is I beleive but not a shareholder - I suggested on the other thread that Delia should be giving him some of her shares

After what McNally has done for this club, I would hope that the board can offer him anything that keeps him here. I normally go along with nobody is more important than the club itself, but in this instance you have to wonder how would you replace the guy.  Maybe Delia should be giving away some of her shares to him as the ultimate commitment.

Why give shares?

He had a very good pay off from Al Fulham and Gardening leave.

Drives a fantastic expensive sports car so not short of the odd pound.

He will buy shares when he sees that doing so would give him the best return[:D]

At present he is enhancing his reputation, to leave now would not look good and I think he is a man that likes to complete the job as much as possible.

[quote user="The Butler"]

Why give shares?

He will buy shares when he sees that doing so would give him the best return[:D]

At present he is enhancing his reputation, to leave now would not look good and I think he is a man that likes to complete the job as much as possible.

[/quote]The Butler, if he''s that loaded[<:o)] then he can do the decent thing[A] and pick up the tab for however many thousands of pounds the Tom Jones fiasco, which has to be his responsibility, cost the club![:P]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="The Butler"]

Why give shares?

[/quote]

The Butler, if he''s that loaded[<:o)] then he can do the decent thing[A] and pick up the tab for however many thousands of pounds the Tom Jones fiasco, which has to be his responsibility, cost the club![:P]
[/quote]

Oh come now PC I said he had money I did not say I knew the combination to his sporran[;)]

If McNally left, it would be a serious problem for us.  I hope he stays.  To be honest, if Doncaster can get a job in Scottish football then McNally''s massively overqualified anyway.

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]Let''s hope the tartan bastards do not get  hold of him! Together with Lambert he''s the one who''s turned round our fortunes... I would be devastated![/quote]

Tartan Bastards... Does that include you, Robert Fleck of scotchland?

It''s Scotland we''re talking about here, for goodness sake. Football''s graveyard. No one goes there willingly.

Remember Lambert''s comments on the subject?