Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Sammy Clingan??

yes,guilty,  I swore I wouldn''t get involved in any of the inevitable endless summer threads of "transfer suggestions", but 2 days after the end of the season, I''m already bored and have caved in...

I wouldn''t care if I never saw any of the gutless b@stards who contributed in getting us relegated 12 months go,especially those who jumped ship both during and at the end of that season. However one possible exception would be Sammy Clingan. Appranatly didn''t want to leave us and the start of this season, is it a good time to test the water with Coventry managerless?, Would Clingan prefer to come back here instead of playing in the vacuous half-empty Ricoh arena?. Midfield is a key area to strengthen next season IMO , I''d have him back like a shot!....thoughts?

One of the few I''d have back, though I have no idea of what his form has been like since he left us.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

yes,guilty,  I swore I wouldn''t get involved in any of the inevitable endless summer threads of "transfer suggestions", but 2 days after the end of the season, I''m already bored and have caved in...

I wouldn''t care if I never saw any of the gutless b@stards who contributed in getting us relegated 12 months go,especially those who jumped ship both during and at the end of that season. However one possible exception would be Sammy Clingan. Appranatly didn''t want to leave us and the start of this season, is it a good time to test the water with Coventry managerless?, Would Clingan prefer to come back here instead of playing in the vacuous half-empty Ricoh arena?. Midfield is a key area to strengthen next season IMO , I''d have him back like a shot!....thoughts?

[/quote]i dont think we could afford him TBH...i think he would slot in nicely.

It would be nice to have another player pulling the strings

According to the wondrous site that is soccerbase.com it would appear he has started 32 this season, making a further 2 appearances from the bench. Has also scored 5, 1 down on last seasons efforts with us. Not been a terrible season I would say.[url=http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=34929]Clickety click[/url]

I would love to have him back, didn''t want him to leave. I think we''d have been mathematically relegated at xmas last season if it wasn''t for him. I know there are a few on here who disagree that he was good for us but I really can''t relate to their arguments in the slightest. I realise it doesn''t say much but he was by far my player of the season. If he wasn''t doing the work of at least two other players we might have seen an even better player.

Yes please. I think that holding midfield role within the diamond would tailor made for him. Fantastic player. One of the few I would welcome back with open arms.

I wouldn''t want any of the ex players back, very rarely is it that a player returns to a club and are as good as they were in their first spell. Plus we have a different manager now and I''m sure he has his own ideas on players he''d like to bring in.

He left us at our lowest ebb and i would not wish to see any of the players whio jumped ship then wear a Norwich shirt again regardless of how good or otherwise they are. He left Forrest to us on a Bosman and imo is a journeyman who shows no loyalty whatsoever. He will jump ship from Coventry as and when he gets a better offer

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]He left us at our lowest ebb and i would not wish to see any of the players whio jumped ship then wear a Norwich shirt again regardless of how good or otherwise they are. He left Forrest to us on a Bosman and imo is a journeyman who shows no loyalty whatsoever. He will jump ship from Coventry as and when he gets a better offer[/quote]

QFT

He is no better than Rusty and I would be looking to get better.  He is consistently ineffective in the break up role and does not pout in the effort to track midfielders breaking into our box. but does hit a decent dead ball.   However so does lappin, and bell still got more assists questioning the true value clingan may bring.

He is the worst of posturing players - he ran around lots but too often he finished the game with his shirt as clean as when it started

[quote user="morty"]One of the few I''d have back, though I have no idea of what his form has been like since he left us.[/quote]

He''s still putting in those lovely free kicks :) Scored a few goals for them, but he''s been injured for a fair bit of the season, I know a couple of Cov fans and they love him.. I''d be delighted to have him back.

I''d love him back but it''s not going to happen, Coventry i''m sure would want well over £1m for him, i would hope Lambert & the current regime wouldn''t splash out that much on 1 player without looking seriously for alternatives, there are bargains to be had elsewhere.

Jimmy Abdou is a good shout, has looked really good for Millwall this year and if they dont go up they may sell....

Lita is on a free I believe, he was a pretty tidy player if memory serves...

He is just another rat that left the sinking ship last season. I for one am looking forward to booing him along with croft and marshall when they come back to carra rud next season. All of them are a disgrace

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]Still a good player, and i beleive rated at Coventry... but has had an injury prone season unfortunately.
[/quote]

So injury prone that he managed 32 league starts and 2 sub appearances during the 09-10 season. During those appearances he managed to score 5 league goals.