Sign in to follow this  
SUPER YELLOW CANARY

Re: The Doc is on his bike......

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"]Thank God, one of the worse defenders I''ve ever seen play for City, a happy day.[Y][/quote]No he''s not, don''t be silly.[/quote]No its not Morty, this is based on me being in the Barclay actually watching him, he was a damn liability at times.[/quote]He is not one of the worst defenders to play for Norwich City.I shall take some time and easily come up with at least ten worse for you.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"]Thank God, one of the worse defenders I''ve ever seen play for City, a happy day.[Y][/quote]No he''s not, don''t be silly.[/quote]No its not Morty, this is based on me being in the Barclay actually watching him, he was a damn liability at times.[/quote]He is not one of the worst defenders to play for Norwich City.I shall take some time and easily come up with at least ten worse for you.[/quote]The Barclay doesn''t have wheelchair access.  Don''t get trolled.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"]Thank God, one of the worse defenders I''ve ever seen play for City, a happy day.[Y][/quote]No he''s not, don''t be silly.[/quote]No its not Morty, this is based on me being in the Barclay actually watching him, he was a damn liability at times.[/quote]He is not one of the worst defenders to play for Norwich City.I shall take some time and easily come up with at least ten worse for you.[/quote]The Barclay doesn''t have wheelchair access.  Don''t get trolled.[/quote][:D]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"]Thank God, one of the worse defenders I''ve ever seen play for City, a happy day.[Y][/quote]

No he''s not, don''t be silly.
[/quote]No its not Morty, this is based on me being in the Barclay actually watching him, he was a damn liability at times.[/quote]

He is not one of the worst defenders to play for Norwich City.

I shall take some time and easily come up with at least ten worse for you.
[/quote]

The Barclay doesn''t have wheelchair access.  Don''t get trolled.

[/quote]

Idiot...............I wasn''t born in a wheelchair..............only just recently.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"]Thank God, one of the worse defenders I''ve ever seen play for City, a happy day.[Y][/quote]

[/quote]No its not Morty, this is based on me being in the Barclay actually watching him, he was a damn liability at times.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Idiot...............I wasn''t born in a wheelchair..............only just recently.

[/quote]

I used a wheelchair for distance, but until recently I could manage stairs etc............now just F*ck Off!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"]Thank God, one of the worse defenders I''ve ever seen play for City, a happy day.[Y][/quote]No he''s not, don''t be silly.[/quote]No its not Morty, this is based on me being in the Barclay actually watching him, he was a damn liability at times.[/quote]He is not one of the worst defenders to play for Norwich City.I shall take some time and easily come up with at least ten worse for you.[/quote]The Barclay doesn''t have wheelchair access.  Don''t get trolled.[/quote]

[/quote]

I used a wheelchair for distance, but until recently I could manage stairs etc............now just F*ck Off!

[/quote]Sorry if I touched a nerve - one of the ones that still works...

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry if I touched a nerve - one of the ones that still works...

[/quote]

I herd that one before from a cocky lad years back Chops, he eventially ended up paralysed himself.

One day.......................................................

I''m really hoping this is a joke, and that Wiz doesn''t use a wheelchair. Otherwise you should be ashamed of yourself for being utterly out of order.

[quote user="AndyCanary"]I''m really hoping this is a joke, and that Wiz doesn''t use a wheelchair. Otherwise you should be ashamed of yourself for being utterly out of order.
[/quote]These days Andy, I am in a wheelchair permantly.

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="Boyo"]  He has found his level, [/quote]

Yup, because that''s how professional football works.

You play at a higher level for the best part of 10 years and then all of a sudden it turns out that''s not your level.

Deary me, you really are quite clueless.

[/quote]

He has played at a higher level for 10 years or so, but can you honestly say that the years he played for us he was actually any good?

He has been good this season in League 1 after being useless in the Championship for about 4 seasons, therefore, he has found his level.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="AndyCanary"]I''m really hoping this is a joke, and that Wiz doesn''t use a wheelchair. Otherwise you should be ashamed of yourself for being utterly out of order.[/quote]These days Andy, I am in a wheelchair permantly.[/quote]Then Mister Chops should be utterly ashamed of himself. Pathetic.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Boyo"]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]You.  Sorry.
[/quote]

Can I just ask how unearth do you think he is a good defender?  Anyone who has watched Norwich over the past few seasons in the Championship with half a footballing brain cell would see that he is complete and utter rubbish!

[/quote]

If you actually get your head out of your arse for a second and read mine and other peoples'' posts you may get your answer.  I''m sorry but coming out with the sort of stuff you have done tonight doesn''t make you look particularly intelligent.  I mean, "complete and utter rubbish"?  Really?  Or is it more hysterical nonsense, like you claiming that Cody McDonald is miles better than Oli Johnson?

There is one person in our discussion who doesn''t know what they are talking about and it isn''t me.
[/quote]

Complete and utter rubbish? Hmmmm... Yes!

What has happened when all the people were moaning about him giving away needless free kicks, having to use every player as a climbing frame, only having one pass - a long ball out to Huckerby which he still carried on with when Huckerby went and when we weren''t using wingers, constantly giving the ball away in his own half, costing us lots of goals, getting skinned by nearly everyone he comes up agaisn''t and being really slow?

I''m not saying he has done all this, this season but he did it in the Championship, and he was utter rubbish in the Championship so therefore Lambert letting him go was a good decision.

Also Oli and Cody, both different players but again I can''t see Oli making it in the Championship, Cody is a natural goalscorer, if Holt or Martin got injured I would pick Cody over Oli everyday of the week.

As with the Mackay and Huckerby decisions, it''s not the letting go that''s the problem, it''s the replacing. We''ll only know whether it was a good decision when we see who our CBs are next season. If we sign someone better than the Doc, I''ll be delighted.

I like my City players to give their all. The Doc did that, often in very difficult circumstances, every week. Cheers and good luck, Ginger Pele.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="wrathsajoke"]no-seen him there before and you know what hes like[/quote]

Yes I do.

Player of the Season 2005-6
3rd place PotS 2008-9

Both in the Championship.
[/quote]

How does being POTS make you a good player?  By Doherty winning those two awards I think it just shows how bad the team was back then.

[quote user="Boyo"][quote user="GJP"]

You play at a higher level for the best part of 10 years and then all of a sudden it turns out that''s not your level.

[/quote]

He has played at a higher level for 10 years or so, but can you honestly say that the years he played for us he was actually any good?

He has been good this season in League 1 after being useless in the Championship for about 4 seasons, therefore, he has found his level.

[/quote]

Yes, he was good at Championship level. Infact he was doing well for Spurs in the Prem until he broke his leg.

I think that most of us who know our football (that''s not you, by the way) would be able to see that.

You really need to wake up and have a little think if you think the way it works in football is that you play regularly for 10 years or so before you get found out. It''s just naive, ignorant... even stupid to think it works like that.

Doc has been fantastic for us for years now. Ok he''s prone to the odd error but i actually think his passing has inproved immensly this season. His knocked are gingerist biggots! ;0)

I''d like to thank Doc for 6 years of graft...often when many around were not pulling their weight.

Its obviously a money thing and lambert has his eyes on someone else. Its a sad day, but in lambert I trust.

[quote user="Boyo"]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="wrathsajoke"]no-seen him there before and you know what hes like[/quote]

Yes I do.

3rd place PotS 2008-9

[/quote]

How does being POTS make you a good player?  By Doherty winning those two awards I think it just shows how bad the team was back then.

[/quote]

But he''s been up there in POTS this season as well...so from what you''re suggesting that would make our current team bad as well. Oh dear.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="Boyo"]

Yes I do.

3rd place PotS 2008-9

[/quote]

[/quote]

But he''s been up there in POTS this season as well...so from what you''re suggesting that would make our current team bad as well. Oh dear.

[/quote]

No because he has found his level.  Bad in the past 4 seasons in the Championship, good this season in League 1 = League 1 player.

So if a League 1 player gets third in POTS in League 1, well done to him.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Andy Larkin"]Sorry to be a pedant, but if you call someone a moron you need to get your facts right. Doc didn''t play at Old Trafford… he hadn''t signed at that point. I think you''ll find it was against Newcastle.[/quote]Whereas presumably, if you don''t call someone a moron you don''t need to worry about facts [;)][url]http://www.soccerbase.com/results3.sd?gameid=428802[/url][/quote]Fu*k me… epic fail.I would have bet my house on the fact that he signed after the Manure game. Was there and don''t remember him coming on at all. Mind, too busy taunting the Prawnies.But, and apologies to Glenn if he meant that Doc came on and terrorised Manure… he didn''t, did he, if we''re going to be honest about things…the game that he definitely changed away from the Rud was the Newcastle game where he generally made a nuisance of himself.I''ll just shut the f**k up!

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]As with the Mackay and Huckerby decisions, it''s not the letting go that''s the problem, it''s the replacing. We''ll only know whether it was a good decision when we see who our CBs are next season. If we sign someone better than the Doc, I''ll be delighted. I like my City players to give their all. The Doc did that, often in very difficult circumstances, every week. Cheers and good luck, Ginger Pele.[/quote]

Good post.

We don''t even necessarily have to sign someone better than the Doc (which we probably won''t) but if we sign someone who is good enough to do the job and strengthen in other areas then it''ll be ok.

[quote user="Boyo"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="Boyo"]

Yes I do.

3rd place PotS 2008-9

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No because he has found his level.  Bad in the past 4 seasons in the Championship, good this season in League 1 = League 1 player.

So if a League 1 player gets third in POTS in League 1, well done to him.

[/quote]

So you''re basically moving the goalposts to suit your opinion.

If he gets recognition in the Champs it''s because the rest of the team aren''t good enough.

If he gets recognition in League 1 it''s because League 1 is his level.

Doesn''t this make you worry? I mean if Chris Martin, Korey Smith, Wes Hoolahan, Adam Drury etc aren''t in the top 3 for POTS in League 1 then surely there''d be question marks over them in the Championship?

Especially Adam Drury, afterall, he''s been relegated from the Champs too so perhaps he''s now found his level.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="Boyo"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, he was good at Championship level. Infact he was doing well for Spurs in the Prem until he broke his leg.

I think that most of us who know our football (that''s not you, by the way) would be able to see that.

You really need to wake up and have a little think if you think the way it works in football is that you play regularly for 10 years or so before you get found out. It''s just naive, ignorant... even stupid to think it works like that.

[/quote]

If you think he was a good footballer in the Championship then you do not know your football.  He done well for us in the sense that he always gave 100% and wanted to play for the club, but doing well and being a good footballer are two different things.

And you say most of US know our football.  Well actually most of you are hippocrites because two, three seasons ago, the vast majority on here wanted him out.

[quote user="Boyo"]

And you say most of US know our football.  Well actually most of you are hippocrites because two, three seasons ago, the vast majority on here wanted him out.

[/quote]

I don''t think so.

I think a lot of us always liked him as a player but it was just the same clueless idiots who wanted rid back then who are saying the same things now.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="Boyo"]

[/quote]

I don''t think so.

I think a lot of us always liked him as a player but it was just the same clueless idiots who wanted rid back then who are saying the same things now.

[/quote][Y]

[quote user="wrathsajoke"]2 WORDS- LEAGUE ONE[/quote]

Gotta agree league one player does not mean championship player..though some can make the transistion,if lambert thinks he has a better player,either here( nelson and spillane and askou all played blinders at some stage,especially nelson improving over the last quarter,with passing and positional play),or a new cf (pers i dont think we need a new one but lambert is the man),i trust lambert fully! ...he has played in arguably the best league in europe,and at the world cup and champions league..alsoat league one level and league 2...i think he knows better than mpost of the        on here!