Damien Francis has fractured his cheekbone duing training. For more, go to:

http://www.canaries.premiumtv.co.uk/page/FirstNewsDetail/0,,10355~593936,00.html

Heard yesterday that he left Colney with an ice pack on his jaw and hoped it would be nothing serious but two months?!

Worthy, please play Safri or Helveg with Mulryne!

I''m not sure about bringing holt back in. He may do well as he wants to keep his place in the team. personally, i think Worthy should put in Helveg so he might get a regular place in the first team, and not leave Norwich.

This might be the worst news of the whole season, Francis is our most potent weapon and top goalscorer to boot.  Felt sickened when I read the news.  We can only hope he isn''t irreplacable, however think he just might be.

Izzett back from suspension tomorrow, as if it weren''t bad enough already.

This is terrible news - he''s been our best player so far.I think I''d bring Safri in can''t afford to play Helveg in the centre of midfield in such a big game - what if he has a mare like against Everton? Its to much of an important position to risk it, if Helveg is to come back into the side it has to be at right-back but personally I don''t think he deserves his place at the moment... but thats not to say I''ve written him off completely, because I most definitely haven''t.So its Safri for me. Holt is a no as well, just think his confidence would be rock-bottom at the moment.

Gutted when I read about this!!  Thought he has an operation tomorrow and it might be just a couple of weeks - fingers crossed everyone.

Lets hope Mullers keeps his place and put in Safri or Helveg - but Holt might try his little heart out to get his place back.

Difficult choice for Mr Worthington

Worthy will throw Holt back in which is a shame as it would''ve been nice to have seen Helveg and Mulryne - the two most naturally gifted passers of the ball at the club (FACT!!) - in there. The Great Dane seemed much more suited in the defensive midfield position of the diamond against Bristol Rovers so let''s hope Worthy gives him a break (unlikely!).

No 1 - get Safri in - post Ramadam, he should be ready and able.

No 2 - get on E-bay and find a Phatom of the Opera mask for Francis to get him back in quickly.

Now it becomes essential to stiffen up the midfield by giving Drury protection on the left, Jonson on right Bentley left, Leon (who proves his boxing credentials again in the most unfortunate circumstances) and Huckerby to play up front.

That will be a = 10 man Birmingham City Peter!  "No Contest" Safri will definitely put "Robbie (girls hair!) Savage in his place." ;~) 

Web-team: Peter, I''m with you on the Safri vs Savage score. I think Mr Savage could end up with Norwich down to ten men if Worthy puts Safri in the spot. If Worthy wants to continue in the vein of ball players in the middle of the park I would suggest that he gives Helveg a try.

Sods law says you''ll see Doherty drafted in as central midfield cover

Savage has never been sent off in the league (only one red card for Wales) so it''s Safri who I thought would be taking the early bath.

Oh well, unlike everyone else it seems, I''d be quite happy to see Holt back in tomorrow. Still think a lot of the criticism aimed at him has been unfair, and I imagine he''ll really be up for it.

Safri hasnt impressed me yet, maybe he will one day, but given that he''s the sort of player that''s liable to get booked in the car park it would be madness, as others have pointed out, to play him against Savage.

As for Helveg, again not impressed so far. I know he hasnt had much of a run but whatever his past record (perhaps past is the operative word) he''s got to be able to do it in a Norwich City shirt and so far he hasnt. In fact according to all the reports he was pretty poor even in the reserves this week so I just dont see there''s a case to play him.

This is the worst news we could have possibly received. Worse even than Hucks getting injured. I hope Damien Francis has a speedy recovery.Worthy will undoubtedly play Holt in his place and we will once again become a team of losers. Absolutely gutted.

Although I have been crying out to see Helveg given a chance, I am a strong beleiver in the right player for the position and Helveg is not a centre midfielder.

It has to be Safri or Holt and I think Peter was right about the Safri V savage, so Holt is best choice.

On the cheek bone thing it took me 12 weeks to recover after an operation, but mine was fractured in 3 places and I wasn''t a pro.

Obviously this is terrible news but in honesty we were always going to get some vital injuries during the season.
Can somebody please explain what Holty''s done wrong?

I accept he hasn''t taken to the Premiership as easily as some but he''s work rate is never in question and if we recall him surely that allows Mullers a more positive role. They were a good combination for a long time before Francis arrived so let''s stick with the tried and tested with Helveg on the bench as cover.

Can somebody please explain what Holty''s done wrong?

Don''t get them started again pleeeeaaase.

Basically, he was the scapegoat for our failure to win one of our first 13 games. We win our first game without him - at home to Southampton (a shock that one!) and all his detractors are vindicated.

Fillet, on about 4 topics about Holt you keep stating that everyone has made Holt a scapegoat for us not winning a game.   I would ask you who exactly on this messageboard has actually said it is all Holt''s fault that we haven''t lost a game?   No one as far as I can tell.   All the majority have been saying is YES his work rate and loyalty is superb, but NO he hasn''t got the skills required to be a great Premiership midfielder.  Please stop making out that everyone blames Holt for our failures, its not fair on us or him.   If anyone is to blame its Worthy for picking a player that hasn''t proved he can handle the premiership midfielders whilst he has other unproven players on the bench itching for 1 go out of 13.

StevenageFan...no offence but I think in ''one'' topic you have contradicted yourself

ok so some - like yourself - may appreciate Holt but you have admitted a preference for other players who you think would do a better job. That''s fair enough. If you''ve been trawling thru my posts you will have undoubtedly noticed some preferences and criticisms of my own.

But even the most myopic cannot deny, that there has been a mounting campaign for Holt''s removal, implying him as a root cause of our failures, some of which has been very assertive , followed by almost perceived glee when he was omitted and we won without him.

And now a renewed call to leave him out despite Francis''s injury.

Were you not at the Charlton game? The cheers for the Holt/Mulryne substitution were a representation of posts hereon