Sign in to follow this  
canary cherub

PL: "If we struggle next season I won't be here"

That''s what he said in his interview on Radio 5.

Did he mean "if we struggle I''ll get the sack so I won''t be here"

or "if I don''t get the backing to build a squad that won''t struggle I''ll move on"

or ????

[quote user="Queen B"]I would imagine he means he''d get sacked. [/quote]I may be a little blinkered by hope, but in my opinion, Queen B is right. Lambert has constantly noted how big an expectation comes with competing at this club, so the former would seem the more likely to of been implied in my book.

[quote user="canary cherub "]

That''s what he said in his interview on Radio 5.

Did he mean "if we struggle I''ll get the sack so I won''t be here"

or "if I don''t get the backing to build a squad that won''t struggle I''ll move on"

or ????

[/quote]That''s quite obviously what he meant, for crying out loud.

Just watched Lambert''s interview at http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_div_2/8617895.stmAlthough his voice remains fairly unemotional, he seems to almost break into a guge grin after every sentence. Maybe its just me projecting though..wooo! Well done NC! [:)][:)][:)]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]No thoughts on today''s achievement, canary cherub?[/quote]What achievement? We have just done what was expected of us, this division is total pants so anybody should walk it, and besides, a team like Norwich should never have been in the third division...Plus Lambert has clearly stated he is going to leave in the summer as he isn''t going to get financial backing from that witch Delia Smith. Expect to see us back in League One in 2011 - and I will reveal my true identity as we slip further and further down the Championship table.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Oh dear god, give me strength.  Can''t we just enjoy being promoted for this weekend?[/quote]Apparently, not on here mate.

[quote user="dreamteam"]IS

Get a life.[/quote]Ok, I''ll do my best to do that if you will make a special effort to look up the word "irony" in the dictionary.

"What achievement? We have just done what was expected of us "

Not quite binboy. that''s why leeds Forest QPR, Sheff Weds spent so long down here .... and why your bunch of losers lost to a Div 1 club - Southampton.

"a team like Norwich should never have been in the third division."

It is the club that wwa relegated. And yes we should be here. Wew finished in the bottom three last season.

"Plus Lambert has clearly stated he is going to leave in the summer as he isn''t going to get financial backing from that witch Delia Smith"

err no. What has been said on various bin boards is that Lambert was going to Burnley, Hoolahan was going to Middlesboro'', we were going to be relegated this season, we would not stay at the top of the division... etc

Still, nice of you to think that Delia actually owns the banks that are backing us. Shame for you the banks wouldn''t support you paupers back in 2003.

" and I will reveal my true identity as we slip further and further down the Championship table"

Slip ? That presumes we have reached a point from where we can slip down. How would that be then binboy ? As to your identity I think your details reveal that. It is only you sad cockney wannabes with you your fake cockney accents that pronounce our City in that way.

Now why not run along and count your season ticket applications. They might have hit 5000 by now ..... or not.

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="dreamteam"]IS

Get a life.[/quote]Ok, I''ll do my best to do that if you will make a special effort to look up the word "irony" in the dictionary.[/quote]We know what it means, we  just need to find it somewhere.

[quote user="Sausage Bacon Egg Chips Beans Fried Slice"][quote user="I.S."][quote user="dreamteam"]IS

Get a life.[/quote]Ok, I''ll do my best to do that if you will make a special effort to look up the word "irony" in the dictionary.[/quote]We know what it means, we  just need to find it somewhere.[/quote]Aww, can''t we all just get along? Let me state for the record it has been an absolutely magnificent achievement by the squad and Lambert this season -I would think that was obvious, and I am absolutely delighted with the fact we have sealed it today. However, in the spirit of the original post, I just thought I would pre-empt some of the usual responses from the usual suspects. My apologies if it wasn''t quite obvious enough for some people to grasp - next time I will include an ironic "wink" smiley to help those of the Internet generation (you know, the ones who change their name and avatar every few weeks).OTBC!

IS, you should be happy that the Sense of Humour Fail brigade also appear to be enjoying themselves tonight... shame it couldn''t be for the reasons you and I and the rest of the thousands of Norwich fans are enjoying ourselves, but each to their own! [:D][Y]

"and I will reveal my true identity as we slip further and further down the Championship table."You are Barrie Chuckle.C''mon guys, clear sarcasm..

Unfortunately there are too many posters who would make those sort of comments without any ironic intent whatsoever!  I did surmise it was irony, however, from the general tone of IS''s previous contributions.Anyway, I''ve had the perfect day: stunning weather, a visit to cuddle my 12 day old granddaughter, a 5" tracking reflector from the family, a free bus pass from the government (PLUS the promise of a fuel allowance) - & then Norwich get promoted!!!''Tis very bliss to be alive!!!

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]IS, you should be happy that the Sense of Humour Fail brigade also appear to be enjoying themselves tonight... shame it couldn''t be for the reasons you and I and the rest of the thousands of Norwich fans are enjoying ourselves, but each to their own! [:D][Y][/quote]Cheers EM, I appreciate the original post was probably a bit ill-advised given that this has actually been a blinding day that has far exceeded the majority of NCFC supporters expectations, but I thought that it was loaded with enough anti-Norwich cliches that even Houston might have picked up on it.Still, apologies to any of those who thought I was trying to spoil the party - how about we all get blind drunk and celebrate a bit of success in the capital for a change!? [:$]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Oh dear god, give me strength.  Can''t we just enjoy being promoted for this weekend?[/quote]Apparently, not on here mate.[/quote]

Apparently not mate lol

Playing Devil''s advocate here - he could have meant the comment flipped on its head - if I''m not here Norwich will struggle - in a beautiful display of arrogance - not that he did obviously, just saying...

[quote user="Trent Canary"]"and I will reveal my true identity as we slip further and further down the Championship table."You are Barrie Chuckle.[/quote]To me...Seriously, give us your address and I will send you your five pounds! [:D]

[quote user="Twitchy"]What was the question Canary Cherub? and how was it put?[/quote]

This is what I can remember of the interview.  PL started by saying he was pleased for the players and the fans who were the most important element.  Then the interviewer asked whether relegation had made us stronger and PL pooh-poohed this, saying words to the effect that we shouldn''t have got relegated in the first place. 

Then the interviewer asked if he was confident for next season or thought we would struggle.  I can''t remember every word of his reply but he ended by saying "if we struggle I won''t be here" and the interview ended at that point.  I didn''t understand what he meant, but as I hadn''t been listening particularly intently until that point I was wondering if there was someone else who had, that''s all.

Overall I thought PL sounded rather downbeat, but possibly he was sick of idiot questions from journalists and/or absolutely knackered!

The interview or parts of it may be repeated in Radio 5 sports bulletins later on.

I "got it" IS, but did not find it amusing enough to bother responding to or playing along with. What about all those who didn''t? Don''t they get a special mention, too?

[quote user="Houston Canary"]I "got it" IS, but did not find it amusing enough to bother responding to or playing along with. What about all those who didn''t? Don''t they get a special mention, too?[/quote]Except you just did respond! [;)] It was a compliment really - I''m sure you will admit you are a Pink ''Un "character" and therefore worthy of a special mention, sorry if it caused you any offence. Or are you just cranky because you can''t starting celebrating for another few hours?! [:D]

As luck would have it, a friend is having a crawfish boil starting in an hour, so I need to put on my NCFC jersey and let them know what just happened! Of course, I''d rather be over there laughing it up with those who are in on it rather than being the weird guy obsessed over some team nobody''s heard of but that''s the hand I''ve been dealt and I''m a gonna have fun with it!

I understand I am viewed by some as a character by some (and with hatred by some), I wass just surprised to be singled out, but hey, any publicity is good publicity.

Nobody around my house is cranky today!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christ HC, and there''s me thinking I must have looked like a bit of a loony today here in Manchester - shame I wasn''t wearing colours when I was taking the missus to the train station during the game, I''d have properly confused the Manure fans by shouting ''Champions!'' out of the window as I drove past them...

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]No thoughts on today''s achievement, canary cherub?
[/quote]

No thoughts yet, just an overwhelming feeling of relief like waking up from a bad dream.

PS. Shooting the messenger is neither big nor clever.  If you''d heard the interview I think you''d have been as struck by his comment as I was.