Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Tribunal Day is upon us.......

[quote user="2IncH_HigH"]No.[/quote]

That was a loud No Inchy seems the voice is louder some how[:D] (well done mate)

Wiz if the FA deduct a single point I would suggest NCFC join the French League as we will never have a hope of achieving anything under them!

[quote user="Pablo Picarsole"]

No, I think our points are safe. It would be wholly unprecedented to impose a points penalty in a case such as this one.

[/quote]Totally agree Pablo, but, its an Independent tribunal, hell knows who''s sitting on it.

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="2IncH_HigH"]No.[/quote]

That was a loud No Inchy seems the voice is louder some how[:D] (well done mate)

Wiz if the FA deduct a single point I would suggest NCFC join the French League as we will never have a hope of achieving anything under them!

[/quote]Its the FL appointed tribunal Butler, not the FA.[:S]

I dont for one second, but wouldnt it be a slap in the face for Cowling if we were deducted 3 points instead of compensation or fine.

If we were deducted points for me that would be the last straw with the FA for me and nothing would then convince me that they dont just have something against our club.

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

I dont for one second, but wouldnt it be a slap in the face for Cowling if we were deducted 3 points instead of compensation or fine.

If we were deducted points for me that would be the last straw with the FA for me and nothing would then convince me that they dont just have something against our club.

[/quote]Its the Football League NOT FA!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Lambert is King"]

[/quote]Its the Football League NOT FA![/quote]

You are quite right Wiz. Even so if we are deducted points you will have to think that people for some reason have it in for our club. 

I want us to get a little points deduction so we can celebrate winning the league again. That would really rub it in on old whiney cowling.

[quote user="Lambert is King"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Lambert is King"]

[/quote]Its the Football League NOT FA![/quote]

You are quite right Wiz. Even so if we are deducted points you will have to think that people for some reason have it in for our club. 

[/quote]Totally agraee LIK, our attendences give League 1 and Paint Pot credabilty, think about it.[:|]

we will get a fine , no points deduction - if we do we can appeal on the basis that NO OTHER CLUB HAS EVER HAD POINTS DEDUCTED FOR THIS OFFENCE

[quote user="John Morlar"]Will the fact that Colchester finished outside the play-offs, effect any final punishment?[/quote]

Why should it make a difference?

What is to say they would have finished higher with Lambert?  They may have finished lower.  Yes, Lambert took us to the top of the league, but that does not mean he would have done the same with Colchester

[quote user="Matt Juler"]I really can''t see it lasting two days, is there really much of a case to answer?
[/quote]

Depends if the Tribunal members are being paid by the hour or are on a per case fixed rate. If the latter, should last about 5 minutes.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="John Morlar"]Will the fact that Colchester finished outside the play-offs, effect any final punishment?[/quote]

Why should it make a difference?

What is to say they would have finished higher with Lambert?  They may have finished lower.  Yes, Lambert took us to the top of the league, but that does not mean he would have done the same with Colchester

[/quote]Ruddy Cowling did say that they got a better manager in Boothroyd.

I think the fact that worrying solely based on Cowling''s moaning is pointless. As much as he might like to convienently forget it, he doesn''t decide the punishment.

---

1. Only someone (and that certainly doesn’t

include me) who has seen the detail of Colchester’s case (and our defence) will have a really

informed view as to what the outcome will be.

2. We are now in a position where being docked, say, three points would be less

of a punishment for us than being fined, say, £350,000, which is one figure

I’ve seen on this board. That’s the cost of a half-decent player for next

season.

3. The football authorities would dearly like to set a precedent by docking a

club points.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]---

1. Only someone (and that certainly doesn’t include me) who has seen the detail of Colchester’s case (and our defence) will have a really informed view as to what the outcome will be.

2. We are now in a position where being docked, say, three points would be less of a punishment for us than being fined, say, £350,000, which is one figure I’ve seen on this board. That’s the cost of a half-decent player for next season.

3. The football authorities would dearly like to set a precedent by docking a club points.

[/quote]

It''s a dangerous precedent to set though, christ alive clubs would be being docked points and fined all over the place if this case is made an example of.

I agree with you, WAY. Plus if we did have points deducted, we could just use every other time something similiar has happened as a basis to appeal.

[quote user="Queen B"]I agree with you, WAY. Plus if we did have points deducted, we could just use every other time something similiar has happened as a basis to appeal.[/quote]

That''s exactly it QB, dangerous to play games like that, if the panel had a clue they would just fine the club

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]---

1. Only someone (and that certainly doesn’t include me) who has seen the detail of Colchester’s case (and our defence) will have a really informed view as to what the outcome will be.2. We are now in a position where being docked, say, three points would be less of a punishment for us than being fined, say, £350,000, which is one figure I’ve seen on this board. That’s the cost of a half-decent player for next season.3. The football authorities would dearly like to set a precedent by docking a club points.

[/quote]

It''s a dangerous precedent to set though, christ alive clubs would be being docked points and fined all over the place if this case is made an example of.

[/quote]WAY, the point about a precedent is that it acts as a deterrant. The authorities would hope it would then stop clubs from tapping up managers in the future - IF that is what happened here and IF Colchester can prove that.

Even if we got a points deduction, I very much doubt that would stop teams tapping managers up in the future.

[quote user="Queen B"]Even if we got a points deduction, I very much doubt that would stop teams tapping managers up in the future.[/quote]Not that we tapped Lambert up though.[:)]

I think Purple has it spot on.

There must be a risk that we will be docked points.

I think we were demanding the same when Walker went to Everton.

IF Lambert was tapped up and joined Ipswich in the summer would we say - fair enough "thats football" or would be all be baying for blood.

MacNally has aleady said "if Celtic asked we would say NO" but would we think it fair if Lambert spoke to celtic, resigned from us in the morning and joined them in the afternoon?