Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Tribunal Day is upon us.......

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="evertoniancolufan"][quote user="tom1902"]evertoniancloufan

you forget that lambert actually resigned[/quote]and conviently was Norwich manager the next morning, so he resigned before he knew about Norwich being interested did he? How come Owen Coyle didn''t resign then so that Bolton could appoint him quicker and avoid the compensation?

[/quote]Ask Owen Coyle.[/quote]its because its against the rules. If Lambert resigned from Colchester then another job at Norwich came up it would be fine, but he resigned to take the Norwich job, you can''t just avoid the compensation by doing that

No he obviously knew we were interested because your idiot of a chairman ALLOWED us to approach him.... DOH!

[quote user="evertoniancolufan"]Norwich are the only club I can

remember who seemingly had to appoint him immediately and just bulldozed

ahead with their plan without doing it properly. It doesn''t matter if you value him a lot lower than we do because he was ours in the first

place, if you don''t agree with the price of something you don''t go and

steal it then haggle over the price later. [/quote]Hahaha,We asked for permission to appoint him as manager, we were intially refused, but then Lambert said to Cowling that he wanted to speak to us, and Cowling then agreed to allow us to speak to Lambert about a deal with the view that he would move after compensation had been agreed.Following this meeting, Lambert tended his resignation as he wished to join Norwich.At which point did we break rules?We didn''t force Lambert to resign, nor were we unwilling to pay compensation for his and his assistants services - despite the fact that they''d resigned and Colchester were entitled to nothing from us as any contract dispute would have been between Lambert/Culverhouse/Karsa and Col U, the fact that we had become their new employers was irrelevant.It''s nothing more than sour grapes from a miserable excuse of a chairman who''s trying to bluster his way into an undeserved payday for his club.Frankly I think Colchester should be fined for dragging the whole thing out this long, refusing to accept a more than fair offer, and wasting league time with their whining, especially after claiming they had appointed a better man and then chronically failing to justify this statement...

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="evertoniancolufan"]Norwich are the only club I can

remember who seemingly had to appoint him immediately and just bulldozed

ahead with their plan without doing it properly. It doesn''t matter if you value him a lot lower than we do because he was ours in the first

place, if you don''t agree with the price of something you don''t go and

steal it then haggle over the price later. [/quote]Hahaha,We asked for permission to appoint him as manager, we were intially refused, but then Lambert said to Cowling that he wanted to speak to us, and Cowling then agreed to allow us to speak to Lambert about a deal with the view that he would move after compensation had been agreed.Following this meeting, Lambert tended his resignation as he wished to join Norwich.At which point did we break rules?We didn''t force Lambert to resign, nor were we unwilling to pay compensation for his and his assistants services - despite the fact that they''d resigned and Colchester were entitled to nothing from us as any contract dispute would have been between Lambert/Culverhouse/Karsa and Col U, the fact that we had become their new employers was irrelevant.It''s nothing more than sour grapes from a miserable excuse of a chairman who''s trying to bluster his way into an undeserved payday for his club.Frankly I think Colchester should be fined for dragging the whole thing out this long, refusing to accept a more than fair offer, and wasting league time with their whining, especially after claiming they had appointed a better man and then chronically failing to justify this statement...

[/quote]I''ve put what you''ve got right in boldhow on earth can you not thinkg you owe us money? Even Norwich themselves know that, they''re just disagreeing over the price. Cowling rejected Lambert''s resignation and Norwich should not have unveiled him until it had been agreed. Why should every club play by the rules and sort out compo first but Norwich don''t have to? What makes you so fucking special? Its quite simple, if you want another club''s manager you can have him provided you agree a fee, whether he resigns or not.What next? are you going to try and buy one of our players and just add him to your team and then argue over a fee?

[quote user="Mike Grant"]No he obviously knew we were interested because your idiot of a chairman ALLOWED us to approach him.... DOH![/quote]oh so he broke his contract with Colchester to take the Norwich job then? So we''re agreed that compensation is owed

[quote user="evertoniancolufan"]

What next? are you going to try and buy one of our players and just add him to your team and then argue over a fee?
[/quote]

No chance. We''ve cleared out all the bottlers. We just sign men now.

We agree that you let us approach him, we agree that you then placed silly demands for compensation, we agree that Lambert then resigned as is his right, we agree that we then appointed him, we agree that despite our efforts your chairman wants his day in court, we agree that the panel will then decide the level of compensation is any or any other decision and then we''re agreed that we''ll move on to enjoying our promotion.

[quote user="evertoniancolufan"]how on earth can you not thinkg you owe us money? Even Norwich themselves know that, they''re just disagreeing over the price. Cowling rejected Lambert''s resignation and Norwich should not have unveiled him until it had been agreed. Why should every club play by the rules and sort out compo first but Norwich don''t have to? What makes you so fucking special? Its quite simple, if you want another club''s manager you can have him provided you agree a fee, whether he resigns or not.What next? are you going to try and buy one of our players and just add him to your team and then argue over a fee?[/quote]Quite simple really, because we didn''t appoint him when he was under contract to Colchester.He resigned before joining us, and unless you can categorically prove that he was forced/pressured etc into doing this by us, then you have no case.Any arguments over his contract and compensation due would be between Lambert and Colchester, and if they were due for example £50k to pay for the remainder of his contract, then Lambert would have to pay this to them, and if he didn''t they should take him to court over it, it''s still got nothing to do with us.At most we should have to pay whatever the remainder of his, Culverhouse''s and Karsa''s contract were worth in compensation and not a penny more, and I don''t even a agree with this unless you can prove they were ''tapped up'', which is going to be very difficult considering your chairman allowed us to openly speak to Lambert...

[quote user="Mike Grant"]We agree that you let us approach him, we agree that you then placed silly demands for compensation, we agree that Lambert then resigned as is his right, we agree that we then appointed him, we agree that despite our efforts your chairman wants his day in court, we agree that the panel will then decide the level of compensation is any or any other decision and then we''re agreed that we''ll move on to enjoying our promotion.[/quote]he was OUR manager its OUR right to demand whatever compensation we want. If I''m selling a house to you and you think I want far too much for it what happens? Answer: you don''t buy it. You don''t move in immediately and then try to agree a price later

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="evertoniancolufan"]how on earth can you not thinkg you owe us money? Even Norwich themselves know that, they''re just disagreeing over the price. Cowling rejected Lambert''s resignation and Norwich should not have unveiled him until it had been agreed. Why should every club play by the rules and sort out compo first but Norwich don''t have to? What makes you so fucking special? Its quite simple, if you want another club''s manager you can have him provided you agree a fee, whether he resigns or not.What next? are you going to try and buy one of our players and just add him to your team and then argue over a fee?[/quote]Quite simple really, because we didn''t appoint him when he was under contract to Colchester.He resigned before joining us, and unless you can categorically prove that he was forced/pressured etc into doing this by us, then you have no case.Any arguments over his contract and compensation due would be between Lambert and Colchester, and if they were due for example £50k to pay for the remainder of his contract, then Lambert would have to pay this to them, and if he didn''t they should take him to court over it, it''s still got nothing to do with us.At most we should have to pay whatever the remainder of his, Culverhouse''s and Karsa''s contract were worth in compensation and not a penny more, and I don''t even a agree with this unless you can prove they were ''tapped up'', which is going to be very difficult considering your chairman allowed us to openly speak to Lambert...[/quote]I think this is the key issue. If there''s no evidence that Lambert was tapped up then Col Who don''t have a leg to stand on. Funny eh? [:P]

Spot on Indy...

If the idiot Cowling had said we could not approach him then fair enough but he didn''t.

But at least our club is keeping quiet and not hurling petty insults.

Can''t wait for this to be over as it''s soooooooooo dull

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="evertoniancolufan"]how on earth can you not thinkg you owe us money? Even Norwich themselves know that, they''re just disagreeing over the price. Cowling rejected Lambert''s resignation and Norwich should not have unveiled him until it had been agreed. Why should every club play by the rules and sort out compo first but Norwich don''t have to? What makes you so fucking special? Its quite simple, if you want another club''s manager you can have him provided you agree a fee, whether he resigns or not.What next? are you going to try and buy one of our players and just add him to your team and then argue over a fee?[/quote]Quite simple really, because we didn''t appoint him when he was under contract to Colchester.He resigned before joining us, and unless you can categorically prove that he was forced/pressured etc into doing this by us, then you have no case.Any arguments over his contract and compensation due would be between Lambert and Colchester, and if they were due for example £50k to pay for the remainder of his contract, then Lambert would have to pay this to them, and if he didn''t they should take him to court over it, it''s still got nothing to do with us.At most we should have to pay whatever the remainder of his, Culverhouse''s and Karsa''s contract were worth in compensation and not a penny more, and I don''t even a agree with this unless you can prove they were ''tapped up'', which is going to be very difficult considering your chairman allowed us to openly speak to Lambert...[/quote]funny though how its only the Lamber situtation where this has happened. Other managers have resigned to take other jobs, but the clubs they''ve gone to have still paid compensation. We didn''t accept his resignation, he isnt just free to do what the fuck he likes. If he wants to cancel his contract with us we have to accept it

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]I think this is the key issue. If there''s no evidence that Lambert was tapped up then Col Who don''t have a leg to stand on. Funny eh? [:P][/quote]was he our manager? yes, did he then leave to take the Norwich job? yes. Therefore compensation must be agreed. Oh wait no I forgot, Football League rules don''t apply to Norwich silly me, you can just appoint whoever the the fuck you like as manager

[quote user="evertoniancolufan"][quote user="Mike Grant"]We agree that you let us approach him, we agree that you then placed silly demands for compensation, we agree that Lambert then resigned as is his right, we agree that we then appointed him, we agree that despite our efforts your chairman wants his day in court, we agree that the panel will then decide the level of compensation is any or any other decision and then we''re agreed that we''ll move on to enjoying our promotion.[/quote]
he was OUR manager its OUR right to demand whatever compensation we want. If I''m selling a house to you and you think I want far too much for it what happens? Answer: you don''t buy it. You don''t move in immediately and then try to agree a price later
[/quote]

And if I decide to quit because my boss is an idiot and then I ask to join the new employers my ex-boss allowed me to speak to, then my idiot of an ex-boss should sue me not the new employers.....

You could have had compensation, you got greedy and undermined you''re new boss in the process. Well done.

Let''s wait and see the outcome shall we... All you know is one side because we''re not doing our talking in the press

[quote user="Mike Grant"]

Spot on Indy...

If the idiot Cowling had said we could not approach him then fair enough but he didn''t.

[/quote]Cowling said you could talk to him, but not appoint him until compensation had been agreed, you chose not to talk to him but to just appoint him anyway.

[quote user="evertoniancolufan"]you won''t face a points deduction, but you will have to give us subtanstial compensation and maybe a fine as well

I have never known a club appoint a manger without compensation being agreed. Bolton waited to appoint Coyle because they had to agree compensation with Burnley and the same happened with Mark Robins when he moved from Rotherham to Barnsley. If compensation hadn''t have been agreed in those cases they wouldn''t have appointed the manager. Norwich are the only club I can remember who seemingly had to appoint him immediately and just bulldozed ahead with their plan without doing it properly. It doesn''t matter if you value him a lot lower than we do because he was ours in the first place, if you don''t agree with the price of something you don''t go and steal it then haggle over the price later. In getting promoted, you have won, so the compensation shouldn''t really matter because we''d much rather be in your position, but you have done something wrong and that is plainly obvious, you took our manager who was under contract with us and didn''t pay for him, we''d like that money now please
[/quote]

All said and done your season did not implode when Lambert left, in fact lots of your supporters wanted him out. Your season imploded on the day your chairman goaded a club into not just beating you but ensureing that every last bit of confidence was drained from your players and supporters. None of us know the ins and outs of what really happened, and if you really asked for Grant Holt as compensation then your chairman is really stupid. We are in a no lose situation if we lose it was worth it, however if you lose and it is shown your chairman has not been straight then the whole stability of your club is at risk. In the big pond we are small fry and over the years many such things have happened to us with players and managers. I am afraid that is the way of modern football. One day who knows when we will lose Lambert but he will always be able to come back head held high as our success now will simply add fuel to his ambitions, that he has always made clear.

By the way to show our appreciation we are all dressing up as him on the last day of the season, will you all be coming dressed as Cowlings

[quote user="evertoniancolufan"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"]I think this is the key issue. If there''s no evidence that Lambert was tapped up then Col Who don''t have a leg to stand on. Funny eh? [:P][/quote]was he our manager? yes, did he then leave to take the Norwich job? yes. Therefore compensation must be agreed. Oh wait no I forgot, Football League rules don''t apply to Norwich silly me, you can just appoint whoever the the fuck you like as manager[/quote][IMG]http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/qq174/NCFC87/babycry.gif[/IMG]"MUMMY MUMMY! A BIGGER BOY TOOK MY LOLLIPOP! WAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!"

[quote user="evertoniancolufan"]he was OUR manager its OUR right to demand whatever compensation we want. If I''m selling a house to you and you think I want far too much for it what happens? Answer: you don''t buy it. You don''t move in immediately and then try to agree a price later[/quote]WTF has that got to do with appointing PEOPLE???You weren''t ''selling'' an inanimate object, you were looking to agree a price with another club whereby you would end your contract with an individual so that he could get another contract with the approaching club. In the event that this individual cancels their own contract with you, that''s nothing to do with us.A house, car or anything of this nature cannot resign, so your comparison is beyond ridiculous.The fact is that Lambert knew a good thing when he saw it, and jumped at the chance to leave a dump for a much better organisation, it just bitterness that won''t allow Col U and it''s fans to deal with this sad fact...

[quote user="evertoniancolufan"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"]

I think this is the key issue. If there''s no evidence that Lambert was tapped up then Col Who don''t have a leg to stand on. Funny eh? [:P]
[/quote]

was he our manager? yes, did he then leave to take the Norwich job? yes. Therefore compensation must be agreed. Oh wait no I forgot, Football League rules don''t apply to Norwich silly me, you can just appoint whoever the the fuck you like as manager
[/quote]

Calm down son.... If I want to break a contract I can, neither you or anybody else can stop me. I have to live with the consequences but it''s my right, so let''s drop that silly argument.

Also, you don''t know the terms of his contract and YOU can''t prove we offered him the jon whilst under contract to you.

We''ll pay you something I guess, and then this tedious affair can be put to bed once & for all.

(It''s happened to us with O''Neill, Walker but we didn''t bleat about it FOREVER...)

[quote user="evertoniancolufan"][quote user="Mike Grant"]

Spot on Indy...

[/quote]

Cowling said you could talk to him, but not appoint him until compensation had been agreed, you chose not to talk to him but to just appoint him anyway.
[/quote]

Errrr any evidence to support this? Thought not.....

Why are you so angry? It has happened get over it. Your ranting on a message board really isn''t gonna do much except raise your blood pressure sweetie

Spot on Indy...

[/quote]Cowling said you could talk to him, but not appoint him until compensation had been agreed, you chose not to talk to him but to just appoint him anyway.[/quote]TO THE NORFOLK BOYS 5-0- TO THE NORFOLK BOYS 5-0

[quote user="Clean Shirt"]Why are you so angry? It has happened get over it. Your ranting on a message board really isn''t gonna do much except raise your blood pressure sweetie[/quote]cos its like talking to a brick wall, I thought it was obvious compensation is owed, Norwich the club themselves accept that, so its bizarre that some of your fans still think absolutely nothing wrong has been done

[quote user="evertoniancolufan"][quote user="Clean Shirt"]Why are you so angry? It has happened get over it. Your ranting on a message board really isn''t gonna do much except raise your blood pressure sweetie[/quote]cos its like talking to a brick wall, I thought it was obvious compensation is owed, Norwich the club themselves accept that, so its bizarre that some of your fans still think absolutely nothing wrong has been done[/quote]Well if Mr Cowling was switched on and got everything in writing as evidence then you have nothing to worry about.If not then there is no proof and you''ll get nowt.[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="evertoniancolufan"][quote user="Clean Shirt"]Why are you so angry? It has happened get over it. Your ranting on a message board really isn''t gonna do much except raise your blood pressure sweetie[/quote]cos its like talking to a brick wall, I thought it was obvious compensation is owed, Norwich the club themselves accept that, so its bizarre that some of your fans still think absolutely nothing wrong has been done[/quote]Well if Mr Cowling was switched on and got everything in writing as evidence then you have nothing to worry about.If not then there is no proof and you''ll get nowt.[:)][/quote]Problem really is, Cowling seemed to be trying to get to bites of the cherry.  City were negotiating but as he didn''t get what he wanted, so it''s come to this.  It''s like a child, if they don''t like the answer from mummy, they run to daddy.

[quote user="Å¿illy Å¿auÅ¿age"][quote user="morty"][quote user="evertoniancolufan"][quote user="Clean Shirt"]Why are you so angry? It has happened get over it. Your ranting on a message board really isn''t gonna do much except raise your blood pressure sweetie[/quote]cos its like talking to a brick wall, I thought it was obvious compensation is owed, Norwich the club themselves accept that, so its bizarre that some of your fans still think absolutely nothing wrong has been done[/quote]Well if Mr Cowling was switched on and got everything in writing as evidence then you have nothing to worry about.If not then there is no proof and you''ll get nowt.[:)][/quote]Problem really is, Cowling seemed to be trying to get to bites of the cherry.  City were negotiating but as he didn''t get what he wanted, so it''s come to this.  It''s like a child, if they don''t like the answer from mummy, they run to daddy. [/quote]If we are smart with this he really isn''t going to get very much at all.As previously said, his opinion that he ended up with the better manager may just be his undoing.

Spot on Indy...

[/quote]

Cowling said you could talk to him, but not appoint him until compensation had been agreed, you chose not to talk to him but to just appoint him anyway.
[/quote]

actually I beleve we talked to him and appointed him after he resigned. Meaning it wasn''t under Cowling''s durisdiction- basically we found a loophole and used it- why should we be punished for that?