Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Tribunal Day is upon us.......

[quote user="evertoniancolufan"][quote user="Clean Shirt"]Why are you so angry? It has happened get over it. Your ranting on a message board really isn''t gonna do much except raise your blood pressure sweetie[/quote]

cos its like talking to a brick wall, I thought it was obvious compensation is owed, Norwich the club themselves accept that, so its bizarre that some of your fans still think absolutely nothing wrong has been done
[/quote]

Our club only accepted that to make you happy. We realised that we had done something wrong, but we''d done it in a way whereby there would be no/ very little punishment. So when Coling started complaining we offered him a small, reasonable compensation package because we knew that we''d done wrong, however I feel the compensatio package was only offered because of our club trying to be reasonable- Mcnally woul never have gone for Lambert if he felt a big fine/deduction would be incurred. Anyway why do you care so much? It''s ot as though your fans loved Lambert and booed the decision to appoint Boothroyd was it? Just because your club hasn''t been succesful as us in this league there''s no need to act so bitter and arrogant.

Just remind me when col who were ever succesfull? What have they won? ............tin pot club in a tin pot league! enjoy it next season

Evertoniancolufan, you can''t have been a football fan for very long if you''ve NEVER known a club to appoint a manager before agreeing compensation, there have been loads of cases over the last century & a bit. Also as regards agreeing compensation it has become patently obvious that the petty spoiled brat Cowling was not going to accept anything we offerede even if several of the rest of the Col U board would have

Lets just hope the doom mongerers among us, dont see this as a possible points deduction, next season.I literally can''t wait for this stupid affair to be over with.[:|]

Our worst possible out come for us is 10 point deduction for next season. After being on a high this season and then starting behind everyone next wold kill the players morale.

evertoniancolufan, I suspect from your title you are an Everton fan as well, hardly the most principled club in the league are you, 1985, deliberately sending out a reserve team to help Coventry stay up, and also one of the most racist crowds in football.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Queen B"]From Chris Goreham''s twitter:Just been sent the following statement by ncfc http://twitpic.com/1ioicy[/quote]As this was supposed to last two days, has an agreement happened?[/quote]I don''t think an agreement was likely. The tribunal was set up to hear the evidence & arrive at an independent judgement. It''s heard the relevant evidence & will consider its verdict in due course.

[quote user="UEAstudent"][quote user="Barclay hero"]

My colleague has just pointed out (quite reasonably) this is a TRIBUNAL - not a discipliniary panel.  Discipliniary panels deduct points, tribunals decide compensation.

Thats not to say that the tribunal won''t refer to the league and advise a DP should become involved - but the current meeting wont be docking points.....

[/quote] Colleague = FAIL[/quote]

Whys that UEA Student????  Explain more....

BH - Unfortunately the ability to dock points is not in doubt. See below from edp site.

Cowling has already publicly demanded the Football League disciplinary tribunal impose a points deduction on the League One leaders.

The disciplinary body has a sliding scale of powers - including the potential to dock points or even expel a club - but rule 72 clearly states they must deal with cases in ways that are ''proportionate'' to the issue.

[quote user="Suffolk exile"]

BH - Unfortunately the ability to dock points is not in doubt. See below from edp site.

Cowling has already publicly demanded the Football League disciplinary tribunal impose a points deduction on the League One leaders.

The disciplinary body has a sliding scale of powers - including the potential to dock points or even expel a club - but rule 72 clearly states they must deal with cases in ways that are ''proportionate'' to the issue.

[/quote]

Surely a points deduction wouldn''t be ''proportionate''...

[quote user="freddyf105"][quote user="Suffolk exile"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Depends on what we''ve done. If it was proven that we tapped him up without permission, then I don''t think a points deduction is totally unreasonable especially considering the fortunes of each club since. However my understanding is that we were given permission to talk first, if so it is just a question of agreeing reasonable compensation. In the unlikely event we do get a points deduction lets hope it comes THIS season as I''m sure it would not be more than 3 points. 

[quote user="Suffolk exile"][quote user="freddyf105"][quote user="Suffolk exile"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Depends on what we''ve done. If it was proven that we tapped him up without permission, then I don''t think a points deduction is totally unreasonable especially considering the fortunes of each club since. However my understanding is that we were given permission to talk first, if so it is just a question of agreeing reasonable compensation. In the unlikely event we do get a points deduction lets hope it comes THIS season as I''m sure it would not be more than 3 points. 

[/quote]

Well if there is a deduction on the books (which i doubt) it shouldalmost definately be for this season saying that both clubs felt the effects this season...

the problem is that Cowling was totally out of his depth, as is the simpleton on here trying to defend him.

Let''s look at what Cowlingdid/said

" After that, Mr. Cowling agreed that Paul would be able to speak to Norwich only if we could agree a compensation figure that matched his ability. After conversations with the chief executive of Norwich, Mr. Cowling turned down the request for permission to talk to Paul "

However very shortly afterwards.

Reluctantly Mr Cowling let Lambert speak to speak to Norwich but only on the proviso that they did not induce him to directly or indirectly bbreech his contract until a compensation figure was agreed.

Therein lies Cowling''s error. Only a clown of the highest order would now would go to a tribunal with that as evidence.

Cowling agreed (in the later paragraph) that Norwich could speak to Lambert. It would be beholden on Cowling to prove any inducement took place. A counter argument would be that Col Utd were happy for Lambert to go if they got enough money for him. Hardly the conditions to work under, so he resigned.

Cowlings failing is in his insistence that the compensation fee should not be paying up Lambert''s contract with Colchester alone, but also adding some spurious, imagined figure based on Lambert''s ability.

A contract is exact. It can be demanded to be paid in full as the sum is known. Ability is subjective and is not a fixed fee. Had Lambert flopped badly at Norwich ,would Cowling then have entertained us claiming that we paid for an ablity that proved false ? Of course not.

As in the example with Blackpool and Leeds (below) this will be settled for undisclosed amounts. My understanding of contract matters are that City will have offered an amount over an above the total contract. If if turns out that total sum is equal or more than what is awarded then Cowling will cop for all costs. Big risk for Cowling.

But no hefty fine nor points deduction as was with .......

"Blackpool and Leeds were involved in a similar controversy to the one between City and Colchester following Simon Grayson''s move to Elland Road in December last year. Blackpool refused to accept Grayson''s resignation, but he was unveiled as Leeds manager the following day. The Lancashire club reported Leeds, both sides met at a tribunal where a private - and undisclosed - agreement was announced."

So stop panicking and enjoy the last two games

I think it''s pretty clear that we pushed things a little too far in appointing PL but it was the sort of behaviour that many fans, myself included, have been wanting to see for years. Having said that ColU have come across as a complete bunch of amateurs. You don''t just let your manager and coaching staff resign and then run to the Football League. They should have refused to let PL talk to us in the first place until we agreed to pay up.

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Queen B"]From Chris Goreham''s twitter:

Just been sent the following statement by ncfc http://twitpic.com/1ioicy
[/quote]As this was supposed to last two days, has an agreement happened?[/quote]

I don''t think an agreement was likely. The tribunal was set up to hear the evidence & arrive at an independent judgement. It''s heard the relevant evidence & will consider its verdict in due course.

[/quote]

Look East said a while ago that the outcome is not expected for a month

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Queen B"]From Chris Goreham''s twitter:

Just been sent the following statement by ncfc http://twitpic.com/1ioicy
[/quote]As this was supposed to last two days, has an agreement happened?[/quote]

I don''t think an agreement was likely. The tribunal was set up to hear the evidence & arrive at an independent judgement. It''s heard the relevant evidence & will consider its verdict in due course.

[/quote]

Look East said a while ago that the outcome is not expected for a month

[/quote]

The FDC are waiting until the end of the season to deduct you thirty points. It wouldn’t be good PR for the blazers, if there were loads of Norfolk kids crying on the Football League and Late Kick Off programmes, would it?

[quote user="colu_mike"]You budgies will get a THIRTY POINT deduction from the FDC - FACT.[/quote]

I was wondering when this muppett would finally make his way over to the pinkun from the BBC 606 website. This season you have predicted that:

1. Colchester would finish above Norwich. Wrong.

2. Colchester would beat Norwich at the swamp. Wrong.

3. Norwich would lose Hoolahan and Holt in January. Wrong.

4. Norwich would''nt finish in the top two. Wrong

5. Bothroyd would be a better manager than Lambert. Wrong.

So basically I think it is fair to assume you will be wrong again Mike. So could kindly **** off and leave everyone alone.

[quote user="Askounin"]I know my club has broken the Football League rules, and wronged the best club in East Anglia, so I accept we''ll be getting a thirty piont deduction.
[/quote]

You''re speaking a lot of sense too Askounin. [:D]

COL U RULE OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xD

The football league show will be on in a minute, so you can see what it is like to get promoted. Could have been Lambert walking and waving to your fans, only they stopped coming after we stuffed you. 6 point deduction and we can celebrate again against Carlisle.

O they just said apparently you cant go up - shame

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]

[quote user="colu_mike"]You budgies will get a THIRTY POINT deduction from the FDC - FACT.[/quote]

I was wondering when this muppett would finally make his way over to the pinkun from the BBC 606 website. This season you have predicted that:

1. Colchester would finish above Norwich. Wrong.

2. Colchester would beat Norwich at the swamp. Wrong.

3. Norwich would lose Hoolahan and Holt in January. Wrong.

4. Norwich would''nt finish in the top two. Wrong

5. Bothroyd would be a better manager than Lambert. Wrong.

So basically I think it is fair to assume you will be wrong again Mike. So could kindly **** off and leave everyone alone.

[/quote]

1. Southend would have tax problems. Correct.

2. Southend would be relegated. Correct.

3. Wycombe would be relegated. Almost there.

4. Peter Taylor would be gone by Christmas. Correct.

5. Norwich will be deducted 30 points by the FDC. I will be proved correct.

I am right about the MAJOR stuff of the clubs on my hit list to HEX.[li]

[quote user="colu_mike"]I''m a smelly pirate hooker and clearly no points deduction is the only fair decision.[/quote][Y]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="colu_mike"]I''m a smelly pirate hooker and clearly no points deduction is the only fair decision.[/quote]

[Y]
[/quote]

Wash your mouth out with soap, and practise saying ''thirty point deduction'', because that''ll be all you''ll be talking about for the next 10 years.