Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Daftest Comment You Have Heard At A Game This Season?

My favourite is not at the ground but in Sainsburys. Some old boy was standing right in front of the paper stand reading the papers. As I walked over to move him out of the way I could hear him mumbling to himself over the team sheet.

Holt, over rated

Hoolahan, too small

Martin, cocky little prat

Russell, waste of space

I honestly think some people will never be satisfied...

Arthur - ultimately, I''m happy to let this drop - I hold genuine pity for you, if you honestly believe that peoples hair colour has been used to oppress them as much as their race has - and that you see no difference between the two types of "oppression", historically or culturally.

I’m sure you genuinely believe that crap you come out with, that you are too old to appreciate 1/2 of what you say. I know I''m not going to change the mind of someone who''s been wrapped in hatred and ignorance for their entire lives - shame you can''t let it go! Ultimately, you are old, you believe things that will hopefully - like you - will die with your generation. And then hopefully the rest of the human race, without you, can get on with “exploring space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace.”

Ah... if only! :)

[quote user="First Jedi"]"Ha Ha i have a second home in Derbyshire, a business and house in Hungary, lived in Cyprus for 5 years, travelled all over Africa in the Armed forces and now settled back in my home City after years of being away from it. Your ignorance is truly painful. You have a very good way with double standards but most like you do." So what''s your excuse then? Just being old?[/quote]

No not at all. I like Black people. Its you who seems to have a big chip on his shoulder. Where have i been racist?

[quote user="First Jedi"]Arthur - ultimately, I''m happy to let this drop - I hold genuine pity for you, if you honestly believe that peoples hair colour has been used to oppress them as much as their race has - and that you see no difference between the two types of "oppression", historically or culturally. I’m sure you genuinely believe that crap you come out with, that you are too old to appreciate 1/2 of what you say. I know I''m not going to change the mind of someone who''s been wrapped in hatred and ignorance for their entire lives - shame you can''t let it go! Ultimately, you are old, you believe things that will hopefully - like you - will die with your generation. And then hopefully the rest of the human race, without you, can get on with “exploring space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace.” Ah... if only! :)[/quote]

Im wetting myself reading your threads accusing me of being hurtful!! LOL carry on FJ.......

Can U Sit Down Please to Smudger:  Do you fancy having your picture taken with the King of Spain???

[quote user="Smudger"]Can U Sit Down Please to Smudger:  Do you fancy having your picture taken with the King of Spain???
[/quote]But what''s your opinion now smudger, should we still dump Lappin, Nelson and the Doc at the end of the season? [:^)]

The woman infront of me that stops clapping when Martins name is read out before the match.

The bloke behind me at Leyton Orient; shouting the C word at ryan Jarvis EVERY time he got near the ball...

got very repetative, and all seemed rather pointless and unneccesary!

Theres always been a few people behind me (probably late 60''s, early 70''s), who just go on about there shopping; and seem oblivious to the names of any norwich players, with 1 younger women who seems to be put out at having to even be there! I will listen out for some of their classics on saturday!

[quote user="Beauseant"]

There''s a big difference between hair colour and skin colour though, Arthur. I don''t think there are too many historical instances of people being persecuted or sold into slavery because of their hair colour. Whether you want to accept it or not making reference to someone being black or coloured bears the weight of history and can never be non derogatory because of all that''s gone before.

[/quote]

Talking of daftest comments. Sorry Beauseant, but that is an absolute load of bollox!

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Smudger"]Can U Sit Down Please to Smudger:  Do you fancy having your picture taken with the King of Spain???[/quote]But what''s your opinion now smudger, should we still dump Lappin, Nelson and the Doc at the end of the season? [:^)][/quote]I hope that you are not fumbling around looking for excuses to cause a rift that will mean me and Simon have to have our first lovers tiff Lapp??? [:^)]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[quote user="First Jedi"]Arthur - I realise that; a) You''ve never left the county once in your life b) That you''ve only seen black people in pictures and c) That you''re not aware of any history beyond that "that bird, wasser name, Boudica - din''t she go to London to be the queen or summert?" But your ignorance of the world beyond the end of your nose is painful.[/quote]

Ha Ha i have a second home in Derbyshire, a business and house in Hungary, lived in Cyprus for 5 years, travelled all over Africa in the Armed forces and now settled back in my home City after years of being away from it. Your ignorance is truly painful. You have a very good way with double standards but most like you do.

[/quote]

As they say, travel broadens the mind. 

Whatever were you like before you travelled??

Turning to the point of this thread:

Sitting in Mblock of the Jarrold, I am close to the infamous "Wakey wakey" which usually comes in the first 20 minutes and is met now with ironic cheers.

Plus the two guys behind me have a constant downer on Lappin.  Even if he scored the winning goal in the cup final, they would be screaming at  "What are you doing Lambert, you can''t expect a Thunderbird puppet to play football?"

On the way back from Charlton "Would you like a ham sandwich?" reply "What''s in it?"

There was a particularly memorable incident at Brighton, when I was unfortunate enough to be sat next to a guy who seemed interested only in shouting abuse at everyone who wasn''t "getting behind the team" (i.e., sitting down largely in silence - conveniently ignoring that we were constantly forced to sit down, we were miles from the pitch in the freezing cold with no roof and we were playing rubbish).  Basically he started about 486 choruses of On The Ball City and wondered why no-one else bothered to join in - or rather, decided to swear loudly at everyone in the vicinity, because that was really going to encourage the rest of us wasn''t it?Anyway, when Brighton duly took the lead after 20 minutes or thereabouts, the response of this passionate supporter was to disappear buying some crap food from the rather basic stall that was based miles away, returning a couple of minutes before half time.  What a tool.

During the Swindon away game.."That Lappin is fo oking shit" over and over again.Lappin puts in perfect cross for our goal.."Hes got a fo oking brilliant cross on him. To think people want him dropped''And you will either take this one as daft or amusing, but at the JPT round 1 game, a mother and daughter are being walked behind the goal by a steward at the barclay end. The girl has ''MADDIE written on the back of her shirt. Someone shouts ''There she is!!''  I found it rather amusing, not sure the mother did!

For sure, when at the MK Dons game, When Luke Chadwick came over to thank the MK dons fans, Some guy behind me in the Lower Barclay, desperately searching for an insult eventually mustering "You''re... You''re... You''re INJURY PRONE!"

Must admit though, It made me laugh my arse off :)

The stupidest comment I''ve been around was on a thread about the recent spell of games where we didn''t win them all and there was much bellyaching.

RuddyPhucker said he would rather be in Leeds'' and Swindons'' positions since they were coming out of their doldrums, rather than in NCFC''s place 7 points atop 2nd place.

Implied was a total collapse of our team, something that we do not do in promotion chases. What a proud fan he proved himself to be with that comment. You could almost hear him singing, "Off the ball, City. Mind the danger. Unsteady, oh, we''ve given up a goal."

Arthur''s comment re"McNamee was not ill intended.

FJ, your attacks on him for being old seem quite hard-hearted. Don''t you think it is hypocritical for you to bash him for his comment while you openly attack the elderly, you know, the ones who made the country what it is, a haven?

For me, the pair of prats sat behind me in the upper Barclay - every game they arrive 5 mins after kick off & head back to the bar at about 35 mins. The time spent watching the game is usually a torrent of abuse at Wes, for being lazy, Chris Martin the same or Doc for being rubbish! Oh, and they have recently taken to referring to chris/russell as DEAN Martin, 56 times a match! Everyone around us cheers when they stagger out of the stand on 80mins

I think to be honest First Jedi thinks it makes his penis bigger to call a pensioner a racist c*nt over and over again.

The fact I didnt start this debate about calling him Blacknamme doesnt stop a bit of good old Arthur bashing.

No doubt First Jedi celebrated St Patricks day, but is disgusted at those who wave the flag on St Georges day.

Oh wait...im now going to be accused of making asssumption....clearly something First Jedi doesnt do???..........go on first jedi....call me a racist c*nt again and it might grow by 1 cm and double in size.....

Now changing my avavtar for St Georges day....wonder how many complain to Sports desk Pete that its racist....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Oh and by the ay St Georges day is 23rd of April....same every year....just in case the UAF want to protest about it tomorrow I will be in the murderers celebrating with a few before finishing up in the trusty coachmakers.

Now you have had your bit of Arthur bashing despite me not being the one who started this "Blacknamme" thing in the 1st place......can we get back on topic of what was a good thread being ruined by a few grudge holders who have never even met me............

First jedi - page 2 of this thread, Mister Chops started this by saying

"Is "Blacknamee" any worse than "Ginger Pele"?

I mean, his name''s McNamee. And he''s Black. So why would "Blacknamee", while not being funny, become racist?"

Now why didnt you go on a Chops witch hunt??? better to go after the OAP you all hold a grudge against hey, calling me a racist c*nt etc etc......

Anyway lets get this back on topic....any classics from Charlton last week???

Errrr, Whittle and Houston, the thread is about daftest comment heard at a game.[:)]

Errrrr yes I know that Morty....didnt you read the part where i said "lets get back on topic"? You seem to be singling me out, when its first jedi who tried to turn this thread into something else....

It was First Jedi who turned this thread into a argument by calling me a c*nt despite the fact it was Mister Chops who started the whole race issue on page 2.

Now once again...all together now....lets get back on topic..........

That post sums you up Morty.

I will ask you a question....one you had the nerve to ask City Angel last week......what exactly is your problem with me???

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]That post sums you up Morty.

I will ask you a question....one you had the nerve to ask City Angel last week......what exactly is your problem with me???[/quote]I don''t know what you''re talking about Arthur, there are a few posters here I would happily maim, but you''re not one of them.[:)]

No offence Morty, but there seems to be a growing band, who dont get involved in a thread untill or unless ive been on it, ignore previous posts by other pinkuners and go on a whittle witchunt.

Paranoid??/ Maybe, but it seems to be happening more and more. Where have I said anything racist on this thread to justify that abuse???

Classic example is this, First Jedi popped up and started calling me a c*nt when it was actually Mister Chops who made the comment.

Do the youth of today really feel its ok to call people in there 70s a c*nt??? Ok I say what i think, would people rather I lied and played happy familys???

If you have any eldely relatives, would you like it if someone called them a c*nt unprovoked???

To be honest a few people from the coachmakers and also relatives have read this thread and are livid about it.

Perhaps First Jedi should grow some bollocks and go in the coachmakers and call them a c*nt...wont happen...just another example of a little man hiding behind a computer.

I started this thread with good intentions...a bit of lighthearted banter....but as with most of my threads...serious or banter, the same old people turn them into an argument and name calling.....when I resort to the same measures in response i get slagged off, yet some jumped up lillte cock can call me a c*nt???

Water off a ducks back to me, Ive lived a long, hard life, and seen things most of the people on here wouldnt believe, but certain people should be carefull with what they say.

Now back on topic??? LOL.

Just as well you''re not bothered about this Arthur or you''d write a long rant.

Oh......

For what it''s worth Whittle you owl cant, I''m not racist and I don''t remember you making a racist remark on this thread.