Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

Norwich versus Huddersield: Unoffical Match Chat...

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Sounds like Norwich have gone to sleep again [/quote]

The diamond''s riding its luck again - we could''ve been dead & buried already.[/quote]Are you putting your smug hat on already?[;)][/quote]

Thought you''d got that on lol

[/quote]I took it off.[:(]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Sounds like Norwich have gone to sleep again [/quote]

The diamond''s riding its luck again - we could''ve been dead & buried already.
[/quote]

Certainly is, worked nicely for a while but I think it made us too predictable, and once again we don''t have any real width

[/quote]

But with MacNamee on the wing could you see him tackling back and making things any more solid?
[/quote]

Not but he''s pacey and he plays wide

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]Coverage sounds like we''ve gone to sleep and ball watching. Radio listeners'' comments please[/quote]Hudds having best of the game so far, we''re lucky to be only 1 down.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Sounds like Norwich have gone to sleep again [/quote]

The diamond''s riding its luck again - we could''ve been dead & buried already.[/quote]

Certainly is, worked nicely for a while but I think it made us too predictable, and once again we don''t have any real width

[/quote]But with MacNamee on the wing could you see him tackling back and making things any more solid?[/quote]Yes Morty... as I have pointed out many times... McNamee wins as much in the tackle as Lappin for me and the opposition also sit far deeper and double up on him because they are terrified of his pace.I think that it is a myth that we would lose out defensively at this level by playing McNamee instead of Lappin.Good news Southampton are beating Leeds!

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

The diamond''s riding its luck again - we could''ve been dead & buried already.[/quote]

[/quote]

Yep, completely exposed down the flanks - as you know, WAY, I''ve been harping on about the lack of pace and width all season.I feel frustrated at Lambert''s decision to drop McNamee, but not half as frustrated as the latter must be feeling.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]But with MacNamee on the wing could you see him tackling back and making things any more solid?[/quote]Yes Morty... as I have pointed out many times... McNamee wins as much in the tackle as Lappin for me and the opposition also sit far deeper and double up on him because they are terrified of his pace.I think that it is a myth that we would lose out defensively at this level by playing McNamee instead of Lappin.Good news Southampton are beating Leeds![/quote]Lol, your Lappin bashing is becoming boring.

Brilliant news with Leeds. I really think its a case of damage limitation in the next three games.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yep, completely exposed down the flanks - as you know, WAY, I''ve been harping on about the lack of pace and width all season.

I feel frustrated at Lambert''s decision to drop McNamee, but not half as frustrated as the latter must be feeling.
[/quote]

They have 2 wide players who are just scooting past our players, our formation is too narrow.

[/quote]

[/quote]

But with MacNamee on the wing could you see him tackling back and making things any more solid?
[/quote]

In fairness I thought his workrate was good last week and he tackled back well. The thing is that if we went back to the system from last week their wingers wouldn''t have the freedom they''ve got currently.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]But with MacNamee on the wing could you see him tackling back and making things any more solid?[/quote]Yes Morty... as I have pointed out many times... McNamee wins as much in the tackle as Lappin for me and the opposition also sit far deeper and double up on him because they are terrified of his pace.I think that it is a myth that we would lose out defensively at this level by playing McNamee instead of Lappin.Good news Southampton are beating Leeds![/quote]Lol, your Lappin bashing is becoming boring.[/quote]So is yours, Lamberts and the other King of SPAM lovers defence of a player that has not performed for months! [:P]

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="morty"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

In fairness I thought his workrate was good last week and he tackled back well. The thing is that if we went back to the system from last week their wingers wouldn''t have the freedom they''ve got currently.

[/quote]

Exactly my point, but you put it much better lol

[/quote]But with MacNamee on the wing could you see him tackling back and making things any more solid?[/quote]

[/quote]Well said Beau... only the more clever ones of us can see how deep the opposition have been sitting on McNamee''s side of the pitch in recent weeks... [Y]

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]Got a caffeine fix to help calm me down. Come on you Yellows!
[/quote]

If I wasn''t t-total i''d have a beer to 10 for my nerves lol

[/quote]But with MacNamee on the wing could you see him tackling back and making things any more solid?[/quote]

[/quote]I agree, he had a good game but for me it was a really odd game, I don''t think we played that well as a team and only really just did enough to beat poor opposition. I think that we would have been murdered today had we played the same team at the same workrate.We''re away from home, we''re only 1 nil down and theres plenty of time to sort it.Obviously if we are chasing the game in the second half i would expect to see a switch in formation.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Sky Sprts, Peter Beagrie says we are getting a bit battered.....the curse of the away following??/[/quote]

Yes saw that, and he ain''t lying, they are outplaying us and deserve to be winning