Sign in to follow this  
Jem

Orient

I got mine at 9.00 this morning.  There was a bit of a queue and people were buying multiple tickets.  The guy in front of me bought 13.

I think this might be the game where we go up and was a bit surprised at the club''s cavalier attitude to selling the tickets.

[quote user="Stranger44"]

[quote user="adycanary"]I''m on 4.00, gets in at 6.00 ish, gives an hour an and half or so for something to eat and tube to brisbane road[/quote]

Okay, finally all booked and I''ve copied you and gone for the same trains. Thanks for your help!

[/quote]

you''re welcome, glad I could help.

[quote user="adycanary"]

[quote user="Gus"]Does anybody also know the price of the tube. I believe its only 2 stops away.[/quote]

I''ve booked on 11.30 home, someone down there told me it can be a pain to get out so I opted for 11.30 to be on safe side, and if we''ve won promotion that night like I think we will, you''re not going to want to rush back anyway.

[/quote]

Had exactly the same thinknig - won''t mind having a few beers in London on a school night!

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"][quote user="adycanary"]

[quote user="Gus"]Does anybody also know the price of the tube. I believe its only 2 stops away.[/quote]

I''ve booked on 11.30 home, someone down there told me it can be a pain to get out so I opted for 11.30 to be on safe side, and if we''ve won promotion that night like I think we will, you''re not going to want to rush back anyway.

[/quote]

Had exactly the same thinknig - won''t mind having a few beers in London on a school night!

[/quote]

exactly what I thought, prob get back to liverpool street after game, then go in hamilton hall for a couple if there is time, make journey home go quicker

Re: Me too, that seriously annoyed me at the time, prob end up same thing happening for Charlton, One away game a season people taking tickets off proper fans.

Do behave.

How am I not a proper fan?

Oh yeah I forgot - only been going for 38 years most of which I have had a season ticket. The years I could not afford to pay to go I worked selling programmes or on the turnstiles so I could get free entry. Went to wembley in ''73, ''75 & ''85. Wolves numerous times (even the play off games when no doubt I was denying the tickets to "proper supporters"), went to Arnhem, Munich & Milan, was at Charlton last game last year, Fulham last game in prem league. Been to some crappy games all over the country - more away games than I care to remember. Unfortunately, much as I would love to, I cannot go to every away game. Four children brings big fnancial and time constraints. Sorry if this does not make me a proper supporter in your eyes. I will immediately cancel my season tickets for next year, and those for my children, so somebody more worthy such as yourself can go as you are clearly a proper supporter that I am stopping from attending.

BTW - I actually had only managed to get the tickets for col who on the Thursday before the game when someone else returned them and the ticket office did a draw of unsucessful applications. You must really tell the ticket office when putting in your applacations that you are a proper supporter who should go ahead of people such as me who have clearly not shown the same commitment as you

[quote user="Jem"]

Re: Me too, that seriously annoyed me at the time, prob end up same thing happening for Charlton, One away game a season people taking tickets off proper fans.

Do behave.

Oh yeah I forgot - only been going for 38 years most of which I have had a season ticket. The years I could not afford to pay to go I worked selling programmes or on the turnstiles so I could get free entry. Went to wembley in ''73, ''75 & ''85. Wolves numerous times (even the play off games when no doubt I was denying the tickets to "proper supporters"), went to Arnhem, Munich & Milan, was at Charlton last game last year, Fulham last game in prem league. Been to some crappy games all over the country - more away games than I care to remember. Unfortunately, much as I would love to, I cannot go to every away game. Four children brings big fnancial and time constraints. Sorry if this does not make me a proper supporter in your eyes. I will immediately cancel my season tickets for next year, and those for my children, so somebody more worthy such as yourself can go as you are clearly a proper supporter that I am stopping from attending.

BTW - I actually had only managed to get the tickets for col who on the Thursday before the game when someone else returned them and the ticket office did a draw of unsucessful applications. You must really tell the ticket office when putting in your applacations that you are a proper supporter who should go ahead of people such as me who have clearly not shown the same commitment as you

[/quote]

Now that''s all very well and good Jem but the big test is yet to come....

Do you call Canary Call[:^)]

There"s going to be some irate fans on here later in the week who maybe didnt know they were on sale today ,there was probably a hundred sold while i queued at lunch time the phone lines were all full and with the away season ticket holders taking another 400 bet they moved best of 2000 tickets today good thing is i got our 4

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Jem"]

Do behave.

[/quote]

[/quote]

LOL - much to my wifes embarrassment I have been known to call Canary Call - if you have heard the sad stato (my wifes words not mine) quoting stats about goals scored in teh last 15 minutes of games - that''s me [;)]

[quote user="Top of the League Lass"]you don''t have to explain yourself to these people jem, ppl r just strange on here lol[/quote]

Thaks for that. I realise that I do not need to but it p***ed me off a bit. If & when I do perhaps I should use shorter responses and not as many long words [:)] - it doesn;t seem to have engendered a response

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]I must admit I am very surprised tickets have been put on general sale for this one.  Demand was obviously going to be massive.[/quote]

I agree Graham... to make matters worse unreserved seating too... honestly some people couldn''t organise a p. iss up in a brewery!
[/quote]

Are you actually planning on sitting down? [*-)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="First Wazzock"]At ten to nine this morning there were 7 people in the queue in front of me, so my tickets are side B.[/quote]

Good man Wazzy[Y]

[8]Can you hear the A side sing... [:-*]

[:#]

[/quote]

We''re the B side, we''re the B side we''re the B side over here...

[quote user="Jem"]

[quote user="Top of the League Lass"]you don''t have to explain yourself to these people jem, ppl r just strange on here lol[/quote]

Thaks for that. I realise that I do not need to but it p***ed me off a bit. If & when I do perhaps I should use shorter responses and not as many long words [:)] - it doesn;t seem to have engendered a response

[/quote]

Here is your response you''ve been waiting for, do have other things in my life apart from this forum. I stated earlier that applications need to be fairer to allow people who have been to a lot of away games in a season to be assured of a ticket when a ballot takes place, i''m not slagging off other fans all I am stating is that there are a lot of people who jump on the big game band wagon, then other people who have been away many times in a season miss out. for example, I had been to 6 away games before Col Who away including a trip to Exeter and Yeovil but missed out on a ticket to Col who because everyone wanted to go as it was a big game and not far to travel. Are you telling me thats fair. I now have more than enough stubs to ensure a ticket for both Charlton and Bristol Rovers so am happy with that although if I register them now, they expire at the end of the season which is another shafting from the club. I know i''m not the only person to have suffered not getting away tickets thru a ballot but it just needs to be fairer.

I look forward to your response

[quote user="adycanary"][although if I register them now, they expire at the end of the season which is another shafting from the club.[/quote]Is that true though?  I thought that as long as they fall within the twelve-month period, you can register them again next season?  Have I got that wrong?

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="adycanary"][although if I register them now, they expire at the end of the season which is another shafting from the club.[/quote]

Is that true though?  I thought that as long as they fall within the twelve-month period, you can register them again next season?  Have I got that wrong?
[/quote]

When I asked today if I registered them now how long would they last, I was told to end of season, he did not tell me I could re register them for next season, I was told by a mate that they mark them on back so they can not be used again. I hope you are right tho as I''ve got to register them to guarantee a Charlton and Bristol Rovers Ticket.

I thought that they marked them so nobody else could use them for that season... hopefully that is right but I can''t be sure of that.  Suppose I will find out by making myself look a fool in the ticket office come August [:D]

[quote user="Jem"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

LOL - much to my wifes embarrassment I have been known to call Canary Call - if you have heard the sad stato (my wifes words not mine) quoting stats about goals scored in teh last 15 minutes of games - that''s me [;)]

[/quote]

Could be me too Jem! But ain''t it the truth : -

SCORING TIMES
0-15 minGF6
GA5
16-30 minGF9
GA8
31-45 minGF12
GA7
46-60 minGF8
GA5
61-75 minGF15
GA4
76-90 minGF26
GA8

I will phone and ask tomorrow, I really hope you are right, Prob be only way to guarantee a ticket for Ipswich(If they stay up).Thanks for Info.

[quote user="adycanary"][quote user="Jem"]

[/quote]

Here is your response you''ve been waiting for, do have other things in my life apart from this forum. I stated earlier that applications need to be fairer to allow people who have been to a lot of away games in a season to be assured of a ticket when a ballot takes place, i''m not slagging off other fans all I am stating is that there are a lot of people who jump on the big game band wagon, then other people who have been away many times in a season miss out. for example, I had been to 6 away games before Col Who away including a trip to Exeter and Yeovil but missed out on a ticket to Col who because everyone wanted to go as it was a big game and not far to travel. Are you telling me thats fair. I now have more than enough stubs to ensure a ticket for both Charlton and Bristol Rovers so am happy with that although if I register them now, they expire at the end of the season which is another shafting from the club. I know i''m not the only person to have suffered not getting away tickets thru a ballot but it just needs to be fairer.

I look forward to your response

[/quote]

i''m not slagging off other fans

but by your statement that you are "a proper supporter" and I am not because I have only been to 1 away game this season is doing just that.

all I am stating is that there are a lot of people who jump on the big game band wagon

I agree there are though that is not what you said though maybe you were trying to imply it. However, how do you know who is and who is not jumping on the big game bandwagon? I certainly wasn''t it just happened that it was the first away game I have been able to attend this season

other people who have been away many times in a season miss out

I wholeheartedly agree that preference should be given to those who have been to the most away games - that is only fair. I do not run the ticket office and do not know how they apply the criteria but as I remember it there were three disctinct groups into which applications were placed. The first was for those with a certain number of away stubs, the second for season ticket holders and those with a lesser number of stubs than the top group and the third for members. I fell into the second group and got lucky, albeit second time around.

I know i''m not the only person to have suffered not getting away tickets thru a ballot but it just needs to be fairer

There have been many times in the past when I have not been succesful when tickets are short - it is called the luck of the draw. If you feel disenchanted with the current system why don''t you suggest an alternative approach to a fans forum or write into the club? By criticising the ticket office here and doing nothing else the status quo will remain. 

Good luck with your application for Charlton and Bristol - sadly I cannot be there. Rest assured that this is not because they are to far to travel or because they are not big games [;)]  but because I have family commitments.

yawn adycanary that long post was boring... plus it was only about someone doing something that U think that shouldn''t be, is it any of your business what he/she does on here

[quote user="NCFC-47"]How much are the tickets for a 16 year old & a 40 year old? & how much is the coach? thanks [:$]
[/quote]

Adult £20 Junior £13

[quote user="Top of the League Lass"]yawn adycanary that long post was boring... plus it was only about someone doing something that U think that shouldn''t be, is it any of your business what he/she does on here[/quote]

?

Think I was in conversation with Jem, not you, Thanks for good luck with Charlton and Bristol Tickets Jem, I have mentioned about a different system via a letter but got no response from club.

I did not intentionally slag off anyone, prob didn''t put it across right, was just trying to say those who regularly go away should get some preferential treatment as should season ticket holders for geneal sale away games like Orient.

According to the Wrath, ticket office said they were down to the last few hundred tickets mid-afternoon today. Better get on the phone bright and early tomorrow morning if you''re planning on going...

[quote user="Jem"]

[quote user="NCFC-47"]How much are the tickets for a 16 year old & a 40 year old? & how much is the coach? thanks [:$][/quote]

Adult £20 Junior £13

[/quote]Thankya [:)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Jem"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Could be me too Jem! But ain''t it the truth : -

SCORING TIMES
0-15 minGF6
GA5
16-30 minGF9
GA8
31-45 minGF12
GA7
46-60 minGF8
GA5
61-75 minGF15
GA4
76-90 minGF26
GA8

[/quote]

Excellent chart.

Its all down, IMHO, to our being fitter than the opposition. Seem to remember Lambert saying that when he arrived the players were not as fit as they should be

It makes me laugh that some people ask the tickets price on here when It would be quicker go to the NCFC website and look it up for themselves.

Got my Leyton Orient tickets this afternoon. Will be my fourth away game this season if that''s OK with everyone!

PS I missed out on a Col U ticket in the ballot.

[quote user="adycanary"]

[quote user="Top of the League Lass"]yawn adycanary that long post was boring... plus it was only about someone doing something that U think that shouldn''t be, is it any of your business what he/she does on here[/quote]

?

Think I was in conversation with Jem, not you, Thanks for good luck with Charlton and Bristol Tickets Jem, I have mentioned about a different system via a letter but got no response from club.

I did not intentionally slag off anyone, prob didn''t put it across right, was just trying to say those who regularly go away should get some preferential treatment as should season ticket holders for geneal sale away games like Orient.

[/quote]

Have you considered an away season ticket? For those games you can''t get to, perhaps sell them to a mate (or someone you regular see when you go away?)

[quote user="yellow blood"][quote user="adycanary"]

?

[/quote]

Have you considered an away season ticket? For those games you can''t get to, perhaps sell them to a mate (or someone you regular see when you go away?)

[/quote]

Did think about that today when I saw it was £20.00 to become an away season ticket holder, thought it was more than that, so will consider that for next season, maybe get a couple betweeen a few of us so they don''t get wasted to often, do you know how many you can turn down in a season