Sign in to follow this  
ROBFLECK

Is your father a City fan???

my old man is a pompey fan, but has a great belief that you should support your local team, so when I first showed an interest in footy, he took me to carra rud an I''ve been hooked ever since. used to go and sit with him and all the other pompey fans when they played the sc*m at portaloo road, and although i wouldn''t necessarily call them my ''2nd'' team always like to see them do well. have a bit of a soft spot for Grimsby as well cos thats where me mum comes from

Yes.He took me to see my first game in 1959.I can''t remember who we played or if we won but I do remember sitting on his shoulders in the old Barclay stand and I was hooked.THANKS DAD.

Mum and Dad were both huge fans, Mum more so than Dad in her early years, but it was Dad that got me into watching Norwich when I was a youngster. I’ve lived in London all my life but knew that following a different club to City was not allowed.

First game was with Dad, Easter 1971, we beat QPR 3-0.

My first kit was bought from Pilches (I think) in the early 1970’s, a Christmas present.

My eldest daughter is a big fan, the younger one less so although she has been to a few games and does have a season ticket! A pal and I share her ticket around and it gets used most weeks.

My father supported WisÅ‚a Kraków, a Polish club.  He came here during WW2.  My mother was a Londoner and supported Fulham, so I suppose it couild have been worse. (I once asked my mother why she had married a Pole.  She said it was because they got  to London before the Americans).

Thank God they had the good sense to leave London and move to God''s County. 

my dad is a big fan and took me to my first game in 1974 i think , we beat stoke 4-2 , also my grandad was too , used to go to most home games with him whilst he was able to go through from 77''s to the mid 80''s

i serve this guy at work and we alway talk about Norwich he is Ipswich and Millwall supporter but when he opened his wallet he had a Norwich season ticket in his name! what is going on!

[quote user="dylanisabaddog"]

My father supported WisÅ‚a Kraków, a Polish club.  He came here during WW2.  My mother was a Londoner and supported Fulham, so I suppose it couild have been worse. (I once asked my mother why she had married a Pole.  She said it was because they got  to London before the Americans).

[/quote]

That''s understandable....they were running from the enemy.

Yes my dad is a City fan, has gone off it in recent years, but bought me my first 5 season tickets as a kid..... his dad, my grandad, was also a city fan and went religiously for 40+ years before he became ill, his dad was also a city fan and used to take him to sit on the railway sleepers in the riverend.... he probably saw the nest.... not sure if it goes any further than that.

The other side of the family werent really city fans, although my grandad used to state his team as Norwich and went for a while whilst young.

The best thing is that my birth certificate states..... wait for it..... Carrow Road! My address at birth is given as xx carrow road, and that house remains there to be seen near the corner of the Jarrold stand and the Barclay stand today.....

I started off life as a United fan, when I was 6 Mum took me to Gunny''s testemonial, I came away a City fan.

grandad, dad, uncle, cousins, step-uncle and step-cousins all city fans.

first game was the norwich vs palace zenith data systems cup semi final first leg. Ian wright scored first for palace, with disco dale gordon equalizing!

[quote user="zemas tendon"]

This is like being in Norfolk....... Alot of Londoners!!

[/quote]

ZT - you don’t get out much do you? have you been to London, ever? Strange how most of our biggest away attendances are in the capital isnt it? Plenty of unofficial capital canaries pal.

back to the Q. 3 generations of fore fathers alls yella''s as am I (born in Norwich), but I cant see the same happening with my 4 year old? Born in Greenwich surrounded by Millwall, Charlton and the obligatory Arsenal/Man U, Chelski...but not worry I’ll do my best to bribe him somehow! His first game was last summers friendly at Dartford. I told him "they''re not all like this son"! Ironically our new league game was Col who, so wasn’t far off was it!?

my dad has a home and away season ticket has had for years , his dad and my other grandad were ncfc daft as well - worked teh scoreboard at the front of the old barclay for years , my mum and nanny used to go as well ( mum still has a season ticket ) various cousins aunts and uncles have season tickets to and two of my kids have season tickets as well - there is no one in my family who supports anyone other than NCFC

[quote user="Mister Gee-Bee"]

No, he''s Spurs. His grandad moved to North London from Devon and had a seat in the Director''s box. My dad went to games with one of his brothers in the ''50s and ''60s and can remember the City fans at the Lane from the ''59 cup game. His other love is bikes and that runs in both sides of the family. His other brother, who''s big into his bikes and doesn''t really care for the footy, has a son who went to high school in Ipswich, so my cousin is a scummer. None of my mum''s side are into the footy (or sport in general, besides the bikes with my mum''s brother).

I got into City slowly and surely thanks to my best mate, once my mum had moved me and my sister to Lowestoft, Suffolk (following living in East Harling, Norfolk with my mum''s parents and in Bocking, Essex when my mum and dad were still together). He used to show me old videos and test my city player knowledge with his Panini sticker collection. I used to just consider myself an England fan when growing up (I never went to Spurs with my Dad as I was only 4 when they split up), but overtime City started seeping more and more into my conscience. I didn''t go to a game (with my best mate) until ''96, missing out on all the glory years during my school days.

I don''t have any children, but if I did they won''t have a choice. My sister has a daughter and I''ve taken her to a few reserve, friendly and first team games. She was only 4 going on 5 for her first and she''s now turned 10. She''s City through and through and doeesn''t really need much encouragement from Uncle. Her mum can''t stand footy though!

[/quote]

Forgot to mention, regarding your dad taking you to games when you were a kid:

As I''d said, I''d never gone to games with him as a boy, but we''ve done a few recently since we''ve reunited; I took him to our last game at Layer Road - the bore draw - (it''s just down the road from Bocking, Braintree), he came up to Carrow Road for our last friendly vee Spurs and just recently he was mightily impressed with how we trounced Colchester at their new ground in such terrible conditions. He really enjoys listening out for all the chants as this is still a novelty for him with the modern game. My scummer cousin has taken him to Portaloo a few times previously, but there''s no doubting he cheers the Yellows on as a neutral (not really his second team or anything, I don''t think his generation do that sort of thing).

same here. My Dad took me in the 70''s. Barclay end, my hand in his left, Club/Courage crate in the right for me to stand on walking along the Wensum. One of my first memories.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="dylanisabaddog"]

[/quote]

That''s understandable....they were running from the enemy.

[/quote]

Offensive comment of the year so far, but allow me to have a go at beating it.

What are you doing on our message board you thick American ****.  Shame you weren''t somewhere very high up in NY on 11/09/01