Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Apparently Peter Cullum has returned to form too!

It''s not hatred of the man himself Bob… it''s a hatred of having our hopes raised all over again.Its not the disappointment I can''t handle, it''s that little ray of hope… cos we all know two things. 1) Delia doesn''t want to sell to him2) He could buy us for whatever ''she'' wants with the spare change from down the back of his sofa… he just chooses to play hardball all the time. Pefectly understandable but it won''t budge a woman will it? And so the frustration continues apace.[:#]

I''m not sure that we do know those two things though Andy. And that''s why there''s so many diverse and strong feelings. Because for every fan who "knows" Delia doesn''t want to sell there''s another who "knows" Cullum doesn''t want to buy. In truth I don''t think we know much at all.

[quote user="Andy Larkin"]It''s not hatred of the man himself Bob… it''s a hatred of having our hopes raised all over again.

Its not the disappointment I can''t handle, it''s that little ray of hope… cos we all know two things.

1) Delia doesn''t want to sell to him
2) He could buy us for whatever ''she'' wants with the spare change from down the back of his sofa… he just chooses to play hardball all the time.

Pefectly understandable but it won''t budge a woman will it? And so the frustration continues apace.

[:#]
[/quote]

Of course it may simply be that he''s not quite ready yet.

But he''s checked things out, has a pretty good idea of the lay of the land, tested the public reaction etc - so when he''s eventually ready.......

And he doesn''t want a seat up front anyway, so ......

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Bury Yellow wrote the following earlier:

Just a thought, but to those who still think he (Cullum) turned his back on NCFC, consider this; Tony Fernandez shows interest in the club and now we have the Bowkett/McNally show they quickly get him on TV to ensure that they, at least, are shown to be board members interested in him investing even if other members are still making excuses.

Now Bury, are you suggesting that our run of success this season under Lambert is disguising the fact that there is a significant lack of harmony amongst our board members? This could be worrying (or promising depending upon how you view it). If it is so could you please elaborate further?

Are you suggesting that Smith & Jones are uncomfortable with BowkettMcNallyLambert running the show and seeking/attracting the limelight? And that a faction of the board was not receptive to Fernandez in the same manner that they were apparently rather less than receptive to Cullum''s approach?

OTBC

[/quote]

I remember the visit of Mr Lotus (Tony Fernandez) when he attended the game on that Tuesday, and which featured on the local news of him being shown around by our Chief Exec.

I also remember noticing Tony Fernandez - who, during the game''s entirety, was sat on the back row of the Director''s box......whilst our majority shareholder and her hubby sat in their usual pews in the front row of the Director''s Box.....

Now, in business, if you''re courting a potential buyer or a prospective investor.....?

[quote user="Andy Larkin"]It''s not hatred of the man himself Bob… it''s a hatred of having our hopes raised all over again.

Its not the disappointment I can''t handle, it''s that little ray of hope… cos we all know two things.

2) He could buy us for whatever ''she'' wants with the spare change from down the back of his sofa… he just chooses to play hardball all the time.

Pefectly understandable but it won''t budge a woman will it? And so the frustration continues apace.

[/quote]

But he''s checked things out, has a pretty good idea of the lay of the land, tested the public reaction etc - so when he''s eventually ready.......

OTBC

[/quote]

Why would a man, who despite personal differences with our current board, and who is obviously good at making money out of sound businesses, want to invest (for that read waste!) any hard earned cash in a football club? It seems clear that the kudos of owning a club you support is not a good enough reason for Mr Cullum. It has to make commercial sense for him, and in the current climate, football doesn''t make sense.

BBB In answer to your questions, probably what Andy and Mellow have posted helps my points.

What I am saying is that I fear the Smith/Jones partnership will only sell at their price. The Bowkett/McNally side probably think the owners are being unreasonable and progress will not be made quickly enough.

My opinion is that Messrs Bowkett and McNally come from the major league of business and commerce and frankly dwarf our majority shareholders who uttered those now infamous words at last years AGM, ''We don''t what to do, what do you suggest?

My worst fear would be that Bowkett/McNally are trying to persuade the other two but will eventually realise, the lady''s not for turning, and walk.

Meanwhile I would hope that the board is reasonably united and will certainly put on that front if only because of the great work being carried out by Messrs Bowkett, McNally and Lambert.

" Now stop being a little bore, stop wasting space and go home and play with your lego. You could build a model of Portman Road and keep it under your bed since you''re so overtly obsessed wit Ipswich Town. Then you could take it out and kick it every morning when you get up."

Hit a raw nerve have I ?

Upset that a City fan takes delight in pulling p*** out our rivals.

Why might that be ? For the same reason you don''t go to City games perhaps ?

Could it be that until pushed, you haven''t really been honest about your true position. Rather, you have posed as a City fan in a way that inferred that you actually have been to games.

As to being a bore I would suggest your endless, tiresome snide comments about our club have bored the arse of most on here. Comments that appear not about anything that is currently going on with the club or the team but crap you have trawled up after what would appear to be daily searches through the internet.

Maybe you could answer as to why someone who doesn''t follow the club, supposedly lives abroad spends so much of his time hunting for rubbish to take a backhanded swipe at City.

Perhaps your interest in us is a bit too obssessive and you need to ''leggo''.

[quote user="City1st"]" Now stop being a little bore, stop wasting space and go home and play with your lego. You could build a model of Portman Road and keep it under your bed since you''re so overtly obsessed wit Ipswich Town. Then you could take it out and kick it every morning when you get up." Hit a raw nerve have I ? Upset that a City fan takes delight in pulling p*** out our rivals. Why might that be ? For the same reason you don''t go to City games perhaps ? Could it be that until pushed, you haven''t really been honest about your true position. Rather, you have posed as a City fan in a way that inferred that you actually have been to games. As to being a bore I would suggest your endless, tiresome snide comments about our club have bored the arse of most on here. Comments that appear not about anything that is currently going on with the club or the team but crap you have trawled up after what would appear to be daily searches through the internet. Maybe you could answer as to why someone who doesn''t follow the club, supposedly lives abroad spends so much of his time hunting for rubbish to take a backhanded swipe at City. Perhaps your interest in us is a bit too obssessive and you need to ''leggo''.[/quote]

I guess this type of diatribe is one of the alternative outlets to hooliganism these days.

Why is it I have a feeling that Her Majesty may soon be interested in you?

Dear oh dear.

OTBC

[quote user="Heresyourfathersgun"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

Why would a man, who despite personal differences with our current board, and who is obviously good at making money out of sound businesses, want to invest (for that read waste!) any hard earned cash in a football club? It seems clear that the kudos of owning a club you support is not a good enough reason for Mr Cullum. It has to make commercial sense for him, and in the current climate, football doesn''t make sense.

[/quote]

Because you can''t take it with you?

The need for a challenging hobby as one gradually eases into retirement?

OTBC

A hobby that has you posting on another club''s website at six in the morning !

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]Is it Cullum that''s worth £1.7bn or his Company? There is a difference...[/quote]

Well, according to The Times:

With a personal fortune estimated most recently at £1.7 billion, Peter Cullum, 59, .............

Presumably this figure is the sum of hjs personal wealth and his share of the market value of companies in which he has some form of ownership. I believe this is the way in which annual rich lists are normally constructed.

OTBC

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]Is it Cullum that''s worth £1.7bn or his Company? There is a difference...[/quote]

Well, according to The Times:

With a personal fortune estimated most recently at £1.7 billion, Peter Cullum, 59, .............

Presumably this figure is the sum of hjs personal wealth and his share of the market value of companies in which he has some form of ownership. I believe this is the way in which annual rich lists are normally constructed.

OTBC

[/quote]---Bly, I’m

not an egoist (well, no more than anyone else) but the easiest source of factual

information on Cullumgate is my website:

www.thecanarypurple.homestead.com

As far as Cullum’s wealth is concerned you will find that dealt with on Page

Two and in the Conclusion on Page Three, and to an extent in the Afterword on

Page Four. Since that was written it has been reported by The Independent and

in the trade press that Cullum may have lost £17m of his own money (not

Towergate’s money) through the failure of the financial services subsidiary,

which is mentioned in the Afterword. I should stress that Cullum didn’t as far

as I could see confirm or deny that story, so it should be treated with a

degree of caution. But the reports were in reputable publications. If true, of

course, then together with the £10m given to the Cass Business

School
that would make

his back pocket lighter by £27m.

The other point to make is that the £1.7bn

figure was arrived at during the height of the bull market, and is way out of

date. It would be nothing like that at the moment. But in any event it is not

Cullum’s theoretical wealth that mattered but what he had available to spend

and – crucially – how much of that he was prepared to spend.

The figure he arrived at was £20m plus some limited funding thereafter. By

contrast Marcus Liebherr spent £45m acquiring Southampton

before even thinking about future funding.

I think we should all wait for Tangy (our official C.G.F.P.A. representative) to decide of this is a genuine offer for our club before we unleash smudger with another "SACK THE BOARD" one man demo and NSICA advise us how to starve the club of revenue before we drive them out. We must be sure we''ve got it right before we unleash our fury on the wicked witch and her cronies!

If Tangy says "Joe''s the man", then perhaps we can turn the forthcoming civic reception at City Hall into a public hanging.

[+o(]

I love this from Feb 2008;

Last year he paid half of his £9.2million bonus into the trust. A deal with Candover could mean another boost. Mr Cullum says: “I will give away hundreds of millions because my children do not need it. Philanthropy to me is real and I want to use my wealth to make a difference.”

...and he fart arses around over a few million for the Club he is supposed to support?

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

I love this from Feb 2008;

Last year he paid half of his £9.2million bonus into the trust. A deal with Candover could mean another boost. Mr Cullum says: “I will give away hundreds of millions because my children do not need it. Philanthropy to me is real and I want to use my wealth to make a difference.”

...and he fart arses around over a few million for the Club he is supposed to support?

[/quote]

Never mind, Delia sent the successful useless billionaire away with a flea in his ear! That''ll learn him!

I also bet that selfish billionaire just wanted his money to be utilised on the football side of things.....When at that time, there were more pressing requirements off the pitch to be funded.....

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Peter Cullum is a cock.  Simple as.[/quote]

Well, he''s certainly got something to crow about....

Why is Peter cullum a cock?

No matter how much money you had, if I said to you my house is worth £200,000 but i will sell it to you for £1m would you buy it???

Isn''t that what happened with that Shinawatra guy at Man City? I heard it happened shortly after his assets were frozen...

[quote user="BigFish"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

From The Times of 24 February 2010:

With a personal fortune estimated most recently at £1.7 billion, Peter Cullum, 59, could comfortably afford to buy his beloved Norwich City, if the club hit hard times.

But yesterday, the acquisitive Norfolk-born billionaire, lifelong supporter of the Canaries and founder of the Towergate insurance empire, set his takeover sights on a different target. For a nominal sum, Towergate bought the John Charcol mortgage broker out of administration, taking with it IT systems and more than 100 staff and senior management, including John Garfield, the chief executive.

The takeover marks a return to form for Towergate, which Mr Cullum, a former marketing director at Hiscox, founded in 1997. Towergate’s financial services division, which three years ago unveiled ambitious plans to consolidate the market for financial advisers under Patrick Snowball, the former UK Aviva boss, was laid low by the credit crunch, itself opting for a pre-pack administration and abandoning plans for a stock market listing.

Link to full article:

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/article7038473.ece

[^o)]

Classic PR puff, probably had someone at Towergate write it.

Grow up and get over it, Cullum is yesterday''s news.

OTBC

[/quote][/quote]

I doubt it.  Any hack who googled Peter Cullum could get all the background to the Cullumgate debacle.  When it says his personal fortune was estimated "most recently" at £1.7bn, that''s the 2008 valuation, so it just means there isn''t a more recent one.  90% of this article is recycled, to pad out a story that could have been summed up in one sentence.

I don''t think anyone should jump to the conclusion that there''s anything new in the Cullum department.  If he wanted to flag up a renewed interest, he wouldn''t do it via the Times business section.

[quote user="City1st"]" Wonder how many games he''s been to this season?" Who BBB or Cullum I think we know the answer for one of them[/quote]

I haven''t been to any so far as I live abroad for most of the year.

You have a problem with that?

OTBC

[/quote]

Only that it is for most of the year......[:D]

The feeling within the Financial industry that companies such as Towergate are on a slippery slope - Internet aggregators such as "Compare the Market" or "Go Compare" are going to cause them a lot of problems.

I''d be surprised if Cullum doesn''t take his retirement soon!