Sign in to follow this  
Clean Shirt

Who the hell booed last night?

I don''t boo because it isn''t a pantomine, but I can see why people do and if you were there last night you would''ve known why people did!

I did not boo but there were a lot of people there using others season tickets being a night game. Can only assume that a lot of those last game was at beginning of season or last year.

I didn''t boo, but people were angry and I can understand why they did it.Lappin was terrible, Hughes had a mare, Rose was dreadful, Holt and Martin were trying, but nothing was coming off for them.McNamee was the only one who looked anything going forward.The defence (Rose aside) were the only ones I feel that deserved any praise in that first half.

The same people who cheer Delia one minute then call for her head the next!

Agree there is no point in booing as the only thing it does is get the players down whilst giving the opposition and their supporters a lift.

C''mon own up those of you that did... CLEAN SHIRT wants to cut off your testicles with a rusty pair of garden shears to ensure that you don''t do it again... hope he doesn''t get his shirt dirty!

I was angry too - at people booing. What message is that supposed to send to the team? "We are your ''supporters'', but if any performance falls below par we are going to boo you"? There was no suggestion that the team weren''t putting the effort in, and that to my mind is the only time they should be booed. We want the team to feel glad they''re at Norwich City don''t we? Not that they''re at a club with fickle supporters who (f-ing) love you one minute and get on your back the next. And it''s also not like Lambert needs telling that things aren''t going as well as they should - I think we''re all agreed he knows what he''s doing. So what purpose does it serve?

I heard booing behind me at halftime and looked round in astonishment to see who it was - some kid, who probably thinks it is a pantomime, and has learned from the last few seasons that booing is what you do if your team is 1-0 down. Sad.

I can see it last year cos we were w**k and have participated especially over that horrific spell when we were trying to get rid of roedent. But we are top of the league FFS just going through a spell of playing a bit poo but the results are still rolling in so I just cant see it myself

[quote user="Sephiroth Owa"]They''re: as in they are.There: as in, over there *points*.Their: Their possesion, their football team etc.Sorry, that just bugs the hell out of me.[/quote]

Probably need to stop reading forums then mate if you don''t wanna get bugged by it

Lst year was very different in that there were many times when the team just seemed to have given up, and we had a manager in Roeder who showed no respect for the fans. Now we have players who are working hard for the team and a manager who goes out of his way to give the fans credit. They''re doing their bit as best they can - and we are, as you say, top of the league! We should do our bit and give them support. If things are going badly, have a quiet moan, but leave the boos for the Theatre Royal in January...

The fans pay their money and if they wish to show their displeasure at yet another poor performance then that''s up to them and who are you to dictate what they should do. If I was at the game last night, I would have definitely let the players know what I thought of their first half performance.If you can clap a good performance at half time, then I see no reason why the opposite shouldn''t be allowed.

That''s the mystery solved then the pink''un initiated the booing glad to have cleared that up. Sorry for doubting the fans (perhaps brendan could learn from this?)

In all seriousness mazy run hit the nail on the head it is not as if we aren''t trying and that is what the boos should be reserved for

[quote user="Notts Canary"]If you can clap a good performance at half time, then I see no reason why the opposite shouldn''t be allowed.[/quote]Because you''re not ten years old, and you''re not at the Panto.Save such drastic measures when they''re called for - when the players have given up trying.  Whilst we''re performing badly and still winning, there''s really no point.

I agree notts you are perfectly within your rights to boo all I''m gonna say is if you do it without a real decent reason then you risk looking like a grumbly tit moaning for the sake of it. If you wanna look like this knock yourself out

People can boo if that''s what they want to do.  Just as long as they don''t flatter themselves that they''re the ''best fans in the world'' or some such meaningless guff. 

I too never boo. It''s disrespectful. I do, however, hiss when the opposition comes onto the pitch and occasionally shout "He''s behind you!", when a Norwich player is about to be tackled without him seeing or "Oh no he didn''t!!" when the ref. indicates a foul commited by a Norwich player.

[quote user="Clean Shirt"]I agree notts you are perfectly within your rights to boo all I''m gonna say is if you do it without a real decent reason then you risk looking like a grumbly tit moaning for the sake of it. If you wanna look like this knock yourself out[/quote]Losing 1-0 at half time (again!) to a bottom end of the table Southend in Division 3 seems like a decent reason to me. Let be honest here, the boos are not just from the game last but the fact we''ve been below par since the Brentford game. Maybe I just have higher expectations of Norwich than? I personally feel as a top of the league side we should be turning these sides over and not relying on last minute winners.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Notts Canary"]If you can clap a good performance at half time, then I see no reason why the opposite shouldn''t be allowed.[/quote]Because you''re not ten years old, and you''re not at the Panto.Save such drastic measures when they''re called for - when the players have given up trying.  Whilst we''re performing badly and still winning, there''s really no point.[/quote]Sorry to be pedantic EM, but i think it''s worth noting we weren''t winning at the time, and neither did we much look like we were ever going to make the breakthrough against a team in as poor a state as anyones in this league, at home, for a 2nd consecutive defeat (at both home and overall), and a 3rd in the last 4 games.So to an extent i understand the booing, as it''s now harshly going to be categorised under the banner of "booing a winning team".However i wholeheartedly agree with the sentiments behind the comments comparitively signifying the difference between a loss at home this season, and a loss at home last season. This is in which if you are to account for the entirity of the situation (i.e. we''re top of the league, and our team is putting the effort in), booing, although within everyones right at the time, was far from the neccessary course of action to take.If we happen to find ourselves drifting out of the play-offs, or comfortably in the relegation zone next season, with our players not putting anywhere near the required effort in, i''d condone us voicing our objections like this.... Otherwise? I''d prefer not to have to hear it again over the next two years.