Sign in to follow this  
Jarroldstander

New Seaon Ticket prices, 25% increase?

It''s a simple case of supply and demand.

We sell out just about every game at the current prices, so it makes sense that they should put the prices up.

It''s not great for us, but it''s certainly good business sense.

Welcome to capitalism, folks. ;-)

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]My ticket will be £450 to sit behind the home dugout right next to the players tunnel.Divide that by 23 games and it works out at £19.56p a game.In my eyes that is good value for money.[/quote]

On a retired copper''s scandalous pension maybe.......Self centred thinking once again with so many others struggling with rent/mortgages and such luxuries as food and heating......

God bless the luvvies........[N]

[/quote]

Sorry to disappoint you Cluck and i certainly do not want to ruffle your feathers but i pay full council tax and am yet to qualify for the winter heating allowance.

[/quote]

Paying our taxes is a duty.... being able to afford to support your own football club should be a right for all. Sadly this "I''m alright Jack" attitude has not only ruined the game... but society in general as well.

Quite what "winter heating allowance" has to do with the price of eggs I don''t know.... but as your pension is coming out of the pockets of others less well off you''re doing quite well already.........

[/quote]

And there was silly old me thinking for all those years i too was paying PAYE and NIC plus Police pension contributions.Cluck you are talking out of whatever it is you call your bottom.

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]My ticket will be £450 to sit behind the home dugout right next to the players tunnel.Divide that by 23 games and it works out at £19.56p a game.In my eyes that is good value for money.[/quote]

On a retired copper''s scandalous pension maybe.......Self centred thinking once again with so many others struggling with rent/mortgages and such luxuries as food and heating......

[/quote]

Sorry to disappoint you Cluck and i certainly do not want to ruffle your feathers but i pay full council tax and am yet to qualify for the winter heating allowance.

[/quote]

Paying our taxes is a duty.... being able to afford to support your own football club should be a right for all. Sadly this "I''m alright Jack" attitude has not only ruined the game... but society in general as well.

Quite what "winter heating allowance" has to do with the price of eggs I don''t know.... but as your pension is coming out of the pockets of others less well off you''re doing quite well already.........

[/quote]

Actually a police pension is one they pay into for themselves, for the force.  So neither you nor I pay towards that as such

[/quote]

Only a percentage like anybody else on the "Council Pension Gravy Train" final salary schemes.....Odd how so many of you get promoted right at the end of your career to increase your income.

Anyone who pays taxes in turn helps pay for your luxurious season ticket via your service wages and "allowances". So in reality all of your pension comes from the tax payer.......Nice work if you can get it.

No-one particularly objects just as long as you don''t "rub it in"........ 

[/quote]I thought basically, we all pay tax, which is spent on pensions.  Or do the Government have a special money tree for non retired coppers?

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Actually a police pension is one they pay into for themselves, for the force.  So neither you nor I pay towards that as such

[/quote]

Only a percentage like anybody else on the "Council Pension Gravy Train" final salary schemes.....Odd how so many of you get promoted right at the end of your career to increase your income.

Anyone who pays taxes in turn helps pay for your luxurious season ticket via your service wages and "allowances". So in reality all of your pension comes from the tax payer.......Nice work if you can get it.

No-one particularly objects just as long as you don''t "rub it in"........ 

[/quote]

Tilly will correct me if I am wrong here but I think they are phasing out the final sallery pension schemes.

You do rather get a bee in your bonnet Cluck. I don''t have a season ticket due to my work commitments having a shift pattern, and no-one to currently share a season ticket with so I can go to the games I can make. That and it would be a stretch to afford it what with being in my late 20''s having to pay off a student loan, mortgage and keep a car running and gradually do things to our house. However I do make an effort to get to what games I can and if I can''t to listen to it on the radio and then watch the highlights a couple of times.

That''s the beauty of football - it doesn''t matter how much you earn etc because the guys out on the pitch will be earning what most of us earn in a year in a month. If you are talking prem then a couple of days in some cases.

I just find this thread to have a few double standards in it.

During the summer the club said it didn''t have a lot of money to spend due to relegation but that due to relegation they accepted that they had let the fans down and so offered the season tickets a rebate for the poor performances all round last season. Those that didn''t take up the rebate option helped to fund the signing of Holt who has helped the team charge to the top of the table. Those that didn''t insist the club should have forked out the money for him rather than the fans that already had put in a lot of money even though the club said it had none/little.

I don''t have a problem with which option you chose - I have a problem that people are treating the rebate as something other than it is. It was like a discount due to relegation. So when people mention that it will be a bigger increase for them I would suggest that the reality is you have got a blinding deal with the way the season has gone so far, you are paying £85 to watch some good football. You paid £85 less last time which means you can use that £85 this season to make up most of the difference this time - where is the big deal?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And there was silly old me thinking for all those years i too was paying PAYE and NIC plus Police pension contributions.Cluck you are talking out of whatever it is you call your bottom.

[/quote]

But who paid you while you earned? I think you''ll find the tax payer had pretty much everything to do with it. I have very close personal knowledge of what a copper does for his/her inflated income...and just how hard they try not to do anything at all.

Public service employees really don''t have a clue about life in the private sector.... or what life is like in real life without the cosy protection of the tax payers "comfort" blanket around them until they drop.....

Like I''ve said... I''ve no great problem with it... but gloating about being able to pay for your season ticket with "ease" is less about reality and more about your cushy pension being paid for by others less well off......

Do we need to examine the Public Services pension "black hole".... and who will end up bailing it out? 

I don''t know about Tilly but I do think it would be a nice gesture if you lot were to all chip in and buy Ricardo''s season ticket for him. It''s the least you could do. But of course that would free up more of his disposable income to get "on it" with[B] So it could be counter productive[;)]

Now then Cluck this is my original post so it is good to see that you now see it as "gloating" that i could pay my season ticket with ease.Take your head out of your vent or whatever it is and get back to looking in your mirror with its little bell attached and eating Trill.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Now then Cluck this is my original post so it is good to see that you now see it as "gloating" that i could pay my season ticket with ease.Take your head out of your vent or whatever it is and get back to looking in your mirror with its little bell attached and eating Trill.

[/quote]

It''s gloating by any other name I''m afraid Til.... It''s clearly a "fair cop" and now you should just accept your misconduct verdict and be duly contrite......

Also I would be grateful if you would stop drawing attention to my vent as I find it very racist and sexist. The days of your institutionalised "Life on Mars" thinking are thankfully very much a thing of the past.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I don''t know about Tilly but I do think it would be a nice gesture if you lot were to all chip in and buy Ricardo''s season ticket for him. It''s the least you could do. But of course that would free up more of his disposable income to get "on it" with[B] So it could be counter productive[;)]

[/quote]A very sensible suggestion Nigel.In fact when poor old Ricardo got made redundant in 2006 things like 3 months severence pay and  redundancy for forty odd years service went right out of the window thanks to the fact that the private company I worked for went bust.I''m with Cluck on this one, people in the public sector don''t know how fortunate they are.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

A very sensible suggestion Nigel.In fact when poor old Ricardo got made redundant in 2006 things like 3 months severence pay and  redundancy for forty odd years service went right out of the window thanks to the fact that the private company I worked for went bust.

I''m with Cluck on this one, people in the public sector don''t know how fortunate they are.
[/quote]

Jesus Ricardo all i said was that paying £19.56p per game to have a Saturday afternoon out with mates watching my football team was good value for money.Cluck then gets a bee in his bonnet about public sector pensions and makes out my season ticket has been paid for by the taxpayer.However i am mindful of people who through no fault of their own get throw on the scrap heap so to speak before their time but it is good to see that you have recovered to the degree that you can drink the most expensive lager around at the moment.If my wife knew i was out drinking Peroni which is about £4 a pint she would go bonkers.

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But who paid you while you earned? I think you''ll find the tax payer had pretty much everything to do with it. I have very close personal knowledge of what a copper does for his/her inflated income...and just how hard they try not to do anything at all.

Public service employees really don''t have a clue about life in the private sector.... or what life is like in real life without the cosy protection of the tax payers "comfort" blanket around them until they drop.....

Like I''ve said... I''ve no great problem with it... but gloating about being able to pay for your season ticket with "ease" is less about reality and more about your cushy pension being paid for by others less well off......

Do we need to examine the Public Services pension "black hole".... and who will end up bailing it out? 

[/quote]

Well said, Cluck.If I donated a quid for every-time I saw a copper I''d save a fortune in taxes over the year.All we witness these days is increases in our costs and a decrease in normal policing.They''re good at speeding tickets though. 

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]A very sensible suggestion Nigel.In fact when poor old Ricardo got made redundant in 2006 things like 3 months severence pay and  redundancy for forty odd years service went right out of the window thanks to the fact that the private company I worked for went bust.I''m with Cluck on this one, people in the public sector don''t know how fortunate they are.[/quote]

Jesus Ricardo all i said was that paying £19.56p per game to have a Saturday afternoon out with mates watching my football team was good value for money.Cluck then gets a bee in his bonnet about public sector pensions and makes out my season ticket has been paid for by the taxpayer.However i am mindful of people who through no fault of their own get throw on the scrap heap so to speak before their time but it is good to see that you have recovered to the degree that you can drink the most expensive lager around at the moment.If my wife knew i was out drinking Peroni which is about £4 a pint she would go bonkers.

[/quote]Not getting at you personally Tilly. When you go from paying top rate tax to earning buggar all overnight, at age 61 it certainly concentrates your mind. At my local watering hole its only £3.40 a pint but I don''t drink much these days (I spill most of it LOL).

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

A very sensible suggestion Nigel.In fact when poor old Ricardo got made redundant in 2006 things like 3 months severence pay and  redundancy for forty odd years service went right out of the window thanks to the fact that the private company I worked for went bust.

I''m with Cluck on this one, people in the public sector don''t know how fortunate they are.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Not getting at you personally Tilly. When you go from paying top rate tax to earning buggar all overnight, at age 61 it certainly concentrates your mind.

At my local watering hole its only £3.40 a pint but I don''t drink much these days (I spill most of it LOL).
[/quote]

there are many of us ex serviceman and woman who were forced into ealy retirement, thing is though during the time you spend in the forces you are encouraged to take up pensions for such eventuallity,I myself started the pension at 15 and it followed me through to my civi life, but I got a sizeable pay out for an injury suffered in Belfast, my point here is I had to retire at 48 with heart disease, am I glad I listerned to my pay master all those years ago. no knocking anyone but life is what you make it and if you don''t prepare for wha lies ahead is not really anyone''s fault 

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

This is quite clearly untrue WAY. All final salary pension schemes have an element that is contributed to by the worker and another by the employer, and the employer generally contributes a higher percentage. The employer in this case is HMG and thus it is the taxpayer that contributes the employer proportion.  Policemen thus get a very good deal on their pensions as they still get highly subsidised and guaranteed pensions and retire early whereas those in the private sector are very lucky to have any pension at all let alone a final salary scheme, and many probably will never be able to afford to retire, even at 65.  In fact, many police employees retire early, take a nice tax-free pension lump-sum and then continue to work on contract basis doing virtually the same job as before.  

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think you should spend a night shift in Hackney, Tottenham or Brixton then, I can assure you that the ''inflated wages'' are not.

And as for his pension, do you know how much he paid in each month? It is a fair bit.

A very bitter man. I take it you were not excepted in the police for being a cock...

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Now look what you''ve started Til...... and it''s too late once you''ve nailed your colours to the mast.

Also while we''re at it....as coppers only have friends who were/are also coppers.... no doubt they are drawing a hefty pension and attending matches off the backs of others less fortunate too. All very cosy it is for you too I''m sure........

Good man Ricardo.... consider yourself a "true" grassroot supporter.  [Y]

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think you should spend a night shift in Hackney, Tottenham or Brixton then, I can assure you that the ''inflated wages'' are not.

And as for his pension, do you know how much he paid in each month? It is a fair bit.

A very bitter man. I take it you were not excepted in the police for being a cock...

[/quote]

I enjoy working for a living.... so why on earth would I want to join the police force? If I wanted to wear a silly hat, sit on my backside and drive around all day I''d buy an ice cream van.

Bitter my arse.....

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="Canaries in Bed"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I enjoy working for a living.... so why on earth would I want to join the police force? If I wanted to wear a silly hat, sit on my backside and drive around all day I''d buy an ice cream van.

Bitter my arse.....

[/quote]

And most coppers enjoy working too. But you''re correct, they only drive round, they never get out and deal with the gang fights, domestics and murders, they just drive round with their tall hat poking out of the convertable smiling and waving at little boys.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="Canaries in Bed"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Bitter my arse.....

[/quote]

And most coppers enjoy working too. But you''re correct, they only drive round, they never get out and deal with the gang fights, domestics and murders, they just drive round with their tall hat poking out of the convertable smiling and waving at little boys.

[/quote]

You''ve been watching The Bill too much I suspect..... or you want to be one when you grow up.

You''ll understand the reality the minute you phone them up and bleed to death waiting.....

Most coppers don''t know what work is, Canaries in Bed, and I think you''ve hit the nail on the head why many of us have little respect for them.

I want to be clear that my post is not directed at Mr Tilson ( he might be one of the 2 or 3 I really like), but I just couldn''t stop myself from posting because in general I really FFFFFFFFFFCKN hate coppers.  

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]A very sensible suggestion Nigel.In fact when poor old Ricardo got made redundant in 2006 things like 3 months severence pay and  redundancy for forty odd years service went right out of the window thanks to the fact that the private company I worked for went bust.I''m with Cluck on this one, people in the public sector don''t know how fortunate they are.[/quote]Sorry Ricardo but I am going to have to disagree here.I work for the local authority and so does my partner. We both took our jobs knowing what we were getting into, It''s naive to suggest that people like us don''t know how fortunate we are especially when we work with people who earn little or nothing through no fault of their own.To be honest not everyone goes for a job just because of financial perks. I didn''t go for the job because of the good pension scheme - I''m sorry but I don''t care how much I get in 40years time (I will be 67 nearly 68 then if they havn''t abolished retirement altogether!) if the job I am doing means nothing to me. Thankfully I have found a job that I enjoy. But what does make me laugh is that people who are in retirement now or approaching it going on about how little pension they are getting or how bad their pension is compared to others - had a look around recently? Pension schemes are all pretty pap for young people starting work or of my age.My step father paid into one all of his working life. He worked out, when he turned 60, that over the years he would have paid in a hell of a lot more money than he would get out. Shamefully he died aged 67 and so saw little of what he had paid into his pension anyway.Its all very well moaning about all of these things but at the end of the day if you have had a good wage more years than not then its better to think how lucky you are compared to those who don''t for varying reasons that are not their own fault. If I get to retirement age and complain that other people have done better than myself who is it I should really blame? Not them.As for the public sector - all of the workers are offered a good pension scheme from bin men to nurses to armed forces and police. And at the end of the day I don''t moan one bit because in my life I have friends across the whole breadth of public sector and not public sector work. There are pro''s and cons to both.I think attacking the police in this instance is pretty poor. They often risk their lives for people and their wellbeing - a good example being the policeman who lost his life when the bridge collapsed in the floods. Unfortunately that is part of their work. I will never forget being in the underground in London aged around 13/14 when their was an IRA bomb scare - who were the ones there getting everyone out safely? Who had formed a cordon around the area they suspected the device to be? If the device had gone off then they would all have gone with it.What Cluck has done quite successfully - once again - is to turn the subject of a thread and try to attack individuals.And by the way since when has ''vent'' been sexist or racist?At the end of the day what was said was that it equates to being £1 a game. The original poster was having a bit of a go about it because to them it will be more due to them taking out the rebate option - nothing to do with how much people earn or get for their pension or which pension scheme they are on, were on or will be on. And believe me if anyone has a right to moan about all of those things I think you will find its those of the younger generations!!!!Pension schemes? Try student loans (not complaining I knew about it and made the choice to go to uni), rediculous mortgage rates, expencive properties and higher unemployment for younger people. Think you have it hard - be thankful you aren''t starting out again. Personaly I am grateful for everything I get and have, I don''t want to live to be regretful - its all about ballance.

Quite moaning, the club needs the money, as do all clubs.  If its too much, do something else on a Saturday afternoon.

[quote user="Jarroldstander"]

Now correct me if i''m wrong but i keep hearing that the new season ticket prices are only a 6% increase, just £1 extra a game but doesn''t this only apply to season ticket holders who didn''t take the rebate?

My season ticket last season was something like £420 however i took the 20% rebate and got something like £85 back therefore meaning i only paid £335, perfectly reasonable considering we would be in League 1.  Now the new price for next year is £450! 

Last season £335

Next seaon £450

Increase = 25%???

Happy to pay more as we will hopefully be back in the Championship but i personally feel its quite a big increase in the price.  Unless i''m missing something and have got this totally wrong?

[/quote]

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]Good post, shame it will have a reply that is bitter and twisted by Cock.[/quote]

[:^)]

A bitter and twisted cock.?  Sounds like angry pig porn?

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]A very sensible suggestion Nigel.In fact when poor old Ricardo got made redundant in 2006 things like 3 months severence pay and  redundancy for forty odd years service went right out of the window thanks to the fact that the private company I worked for went bust.I''m with Cluck on this one, people in the public sector don''t know how fortunate they are.[/quote]Sorry Ricardo but I am going to have to disagree here.I work for the local authority and so does my partner. We both took our jobs knowing what we were getting into, It''s naive to suggest that people like us don''t know how fortunate we are especially when we work with people who earn little or nothing through no fault of their own.To be honest not everyone goes for a job just because of financial perks. I didn''t go for the job because of the good pension scheme - I''m sorry but I don''t care how much I get in 40years time (I will be 67 nearly 68 then if they havn''t abolished retirement altogether!) if the job I am doing means nothing to me. Thankfully I have found a job that I enjoy. But what does make me laugh is that people who are in retirement now or approaching it going on about how little pension they are getting or how bad their pension is compared to others - had a look around recently? Pension schemes are all pretty pap for young people starting work or of my age.My step father paid into one all of his working life. He worked out, when he turned 60, that over the years he would have paid in a hell of a lot more money than he would get out. Shamefully he died aged 67 and so saw little of what he had paid into his pension anyway.Its all very well moaning about all of these things but at the end of the day if you have had a good wage more years than not then its better to think how lucky you are compared to those who don''t for varying reasons that are not their own fault. If I get to retirement age and complain that other people have done better than myself who is it I should really blame? Not them.As for the public sector - all of the workers are offered a good pension scheme from bin men to nurses to armed forces and police. And at the end of the day I don''t moan one bit because in my life I have friends across the whole breadth of public sector and not public sector work. There are pro''s and cons to both.I think attacking the police in this instance is pretty poor. They often risk their lives for people and their wellbeing - a good example being the policeman who lost his life when the bridge collapsed in the floods. Unfortunately that is part of their work. I will never forget being in the underground in London aged around 13/14 when their was an IRA bomb scare - who were the ones there getting everyone out safely? Who had formed a cordon around the area they suspected the device to be? If the device had gone off then they would all have gone with it.What Cluck has done quite successfully - once again - is to turn the subject of a thread and try to attack individuals.And by the way since when has ''vent'' been sexist or racist?At the end of the day what was said was that it equates to being £1 a game. The original poster was having a bit of a go about it because to them it will be more due to them taking out the rebate option - nothing to do with how much people earn or get for their pension or which pension scheme they are on, were on or will be on. And believe me if anyone has a right to moan about all of those things I think you will find its those of the younger generations!!!!Pension schemes? Try student loans (not complaining I knew about it and made the choice to go to uni), rediculous mortgage rates, expencive properties and higher unemployment for younger people. Think you have it hard - be thankful you aren''t starting out again. Personaly I am grateful for everything I get and have, I don''t want to live to be regretful - its all about ballance.[/quote]I am rather struggling to see your point here Chicken. You say you work with people who earn little or nothing through no fault of their own and then later in your piece you say if people get to later life and complain that others have done better, they have no one to blame but themselves. Perhaps if you are talking about the disabled I can see your point but most people get as much out of work as they put in. People who push themselves deserve whatever they are able to achieve. Others settle for a more comfortable life and as far as I am concerned, thats o.k. too.The point Cluck made was that most public service pensions are far superior to private sector pensions yet these very pensions are paid for by workers taxes both public and private. Since the public sector only exists because of Private sector taxation one would be blind not to see the unfairness of the system. My last ten years of working in the Private sector meant wage cuts and deteriorating terms and conditions just to try and stay in business. Unfortunately this scenario is coming to a Public sector job somewhere near you because the present situation is unsustainable.Like you, I am also grateful for everything I have because I know I''ve earned it.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry Ricardo but I am going to have to disagree here.

I work for the local authority and so does my partner. We both took our jobs knowing what we were getting into, It''s naive to suggest that people like us don''t know how fortunate we are especially when we work with people who earn little or nothing through no fault of their own.

To be honest not everyone goes for a job just because of financial perks. I didn''t go for the job because of the good pension scheme - I''m sorry but I don''t care how much I get in 40years time (I will be 67 nearly 68 then if they havn''t abolished retirement altogether!) if the job I am doing means nothing to me. Thankfully I have found a job that I enjoy. But what does make me laugh is that people who are in retirement now or approaching it going on about how little pension they are getting or how bad their pension is compared to others - had a look around recently? Pension schemes are all pretty pap for young people starting work or of my age.

My step father paid into one all of his working life. He worked out, when he turned 60, that over the years he would have paid in a hell of a lot more money than he would get out. Shamefully he died aged 67 and so saw little of what he had paid into his pension anyway.

Its all very well moaning about all of these things but at the end of the day if you have had a good wage more years than not then its better to think how lucky you are compared to those who don''t for varying reasons that are not their own fault. If I get to retirement age and complain that other people have done better than myself who is it I should really blame? Not them.

As for the public sector - all of the workers are offered a good pension scheme from bin men to nurses to armed forces and police. And at the end of the day I don''t moan one bit because in my life I have friends across the whole breadth of public sector and not public sector work. There are pro''s and cons to both.

I think attacking the police in this instance is pretty poor. They often risk their lives for people and their wellbeing - a good example being the policeman who lost his life when the bridge collapsed in the floods. Unfortunately that is part of their work. I will never forget being in the underground in London aged around 13/14 when their was an IRA bomb scare - who were the ones there getting everyone out safely? Who had formed a cordon around the area they suspected the device to be? If the device had gone off then they would all have gone with it.

What Cluck has done quite successfully - once again - is to turn the subject of a thread and try to attack individuals.

And by the way since when has ''vent'' been sexist or racist?

At the end of the day what was said was that it equates to being £1 a game. The original poster was having a bit of a go about it because to them it will be more due to them taking out the rebate option - nothing to do with how much people earn or get for their pension or which pension scheme they are on, were on or will be on. And believe me if anyone has a right to moan about all of those things I think you will find its those of the younger generations!!!!

Pension schemes? Try student loans (not complaining I knew about it and made the choice to go to uni), rediculous mortgage rates, expencive properties and higher unemployment for younger people. Think you have it hard - be thankful you aren''t starting out again. Personaly I am grateful for everything I get and have, I don''t want to live to be regretful - its all about ballance.
[/quote]

Need I say more? [:|]  What world do some of you people inhabit?  Not flat by any chance is it?

As for you Canary In Continent.... Take your thumb out of your mouth if you want to play with the grown ups..........

Don''t look like your gonna get treated then Rickyyyyyy[:(]

There must be a dozen posters looking forward to your reports every Saturday. If they stumped up just twenty quid each for your ticket you could afford to turn your heating back on. Simple as that. Job''s a good''un!

They all want something for nothing..... as I said before, those of us who spend our hard earned at our football club are treated like second rate fans on here....... selfish the lot of ''em[:@]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Don''t look like your gonna get treated then Rickyyyyyy[:(]

There must be a dozen posters looking forward to your reports every Saturday. If they stumped up just twenty quid each for your ticket you could afford to turn your heating back on. Simple as that. Job''s a good''un!

They all want something for nothing..... as I said before, those of us who spend our hard earned at our football club are treated like second rate fans on here....... selfish the lot of ''em[:@]

[/quote]It was ever the case Nigel, no repect for their elders.Kids today ayyy.Looks like another evenining huddled round a candle, sniffing an empty Peroni bottle.