Sign in to follow this  
canary cherub

Blackburn fan dies

A 30-year-old Blackburn fan has died in hospital after being hit on the head by an object at the Stoke game.  No Stoke fans were involved, a Blackburn fan was arrested.  Not clear whether it was deliberate or accidental.

Terrible story.

Supposedly hit on the head with a bin. How could that be accidental? Sad though, especially as it was another blackburn fan. RIP.

It has been a while since we heard of any murders at football, shame. Very strange that it involved the same fans.

i can re-call many years ago in the barclay end the amount of coins thrown .... im glad most people see sense now .

this is such a waste of life through idiots ,

i saw a game last week when a player got hurt ,im sure it was manchester united game .... people like this should be banned for life since inocent people are getting hurt or in this case killed.

my thoughts go out to the mans family and having to deal with something that should never had happened at a game of football .

[quote user="singing canary"]

i can re-call many years ago in the barclay end the amount of coins thrown .... im glad most people see sense now .

i saw a game last week when a player got hurt ,im sure it was manchester united game .... people like this should be banned for life since inocent people are getting hurt or in this case killed.

my thoughts go out to the mans family and having to deal with something that should never had happened at a game of football .

[/quote]That was Bellamy, coins and bottles throw...though he didn''t half over react-good old Bellars [:)]

[/quote]That was Bellamy, coins and bottles throw...though he didn''t half over react-good old Bellars [:)]

[/quote]

The worst coin throwing I remember was when they in their wisdom decided to sit ManUre fans in the upper barclay, we had sharpened coins thrown at us, chairs ripped up and thrown at us and also being spat on.  Bloody animals they were.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="singing canary"]

[/quote]

The worst coin throwing I remember was when they in their wisdom decided to sit ManUre fans in the upper barclay, we had sharpened coins thrown at us, chairs ripped up and thrown at us and also being spat on.  Bloody animals they were.

[/quote] Yeah i had a hot drink thrown down on me! Then was told to "calm down" by the police!!

i recall that game as well ,the was just a fence between the away and home fans (the days of standing !!) . i recall watching the sheffield utd game and watching everyone being showered with 2ps and pennys with the edges sharpened ..

thank god things have changed.

I can remember going to a  Burnley v coventry game in the 70''s when they had  their old  terracing it must have been old  because most of the game  the burnley fans was breaking  lumps of concrete off their own terraces and  was  throwing them at the coventry fans, crazy times  they  was how  someone  was not  seriously  injured  I will never  know condolences  to the mans  family from  true football fans of all clubs

[quote user="canarycol"]I can remember going to a  Burnley v coventry game in the 70''s when they had  their old  terracing it must have been old  because most of the game  the burnley fans was breaking  lumps of concrete off their own terraces and  was  throwing them at the coventry fans, crazy times  they  was how  someone  was not  seriously  injured  I will never  know

condolences  to the mans  family from  true football fans of all clubs
[/quote]

Remember Hudds fans throwing lumps of their old Leeds Road terrace at us in the 80''s.

What about the ManUre fan that fell through the old Barclays roof (74-5 Div 2 was it?).