Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Norwich Player wages

I would be interested to know what the latest contracts of the most recent Norwich players are worth, particularly in the Mc Nalley era. The tide seems to have turned in terms of silly wages but how has/is that starting to impact on our club. Promotion appart this is probably the single biggest issue we need to get a grip of to secure the long term future of the club.

Well the club have talked about that for years then gone on to do the opposite. In the championship the Norwich wage bill has been consistently one of the highest despite average players. Who else would have given Worthington a £600 000 a year contract plus all the hangers on, putting players up at Dunston Hall etc

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Well the club have talked about that for years then gone on to do the opposite. In the championship the Norwich wage bill has been consistently one of the highest despite average players. Who else would have given Worthington a £600 000 a year contract plus all the hangers on, putting players up at Dunston Hall etc[/quote]And if Paul Lambert is on the same? Would you advocate cutting his wages?

I would be gobsmacked if Lambert was on anything like £600 000. £200 000 tops may not even be that much. Our total season tickets sales only bring in about £5m so the maths on a squad of 25 plus as well as managers, and others shows what we can really afford

I''m not disagreeing with you Yorky my friend. Just sayin'' it sounds like prudence. [;)]

But of course the years where we are paying those inflated Championship wages were  the years where we had those inflated parachute payments. Which is what they were for in the first place. This time, hopefully, we will hit the Championship with a team of hungry players aiming for success and the wages that go with it. And there will be other clubs, going the other way, having wasted that success and stuck with players on inflated Championship wages. Only WBA and Birmingham have bucked the trend in recent seasons. Newcatle may do the same.

So does anyone know what are first eleven might be on? Roughly?

[quote user="AVFC-NCFC"]So does anyone know what are first eleven might be on? Roughly?[/quote]No one knows.And anyone who hazards a guess will be doing just that, guessing.Or maybe someone who claims to know a big cheese will come in and make claims, whilst unable to reveal their "source"[;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="AVFC-NCFC"]So does anyone know what are first eleven might be on? Roughly?[/quote]

No one knows.

And anyone who hazards a guess will be doing just that, guessing.

Or maybe someone who claims to know a big cheese will come in and make claims, whilst unable to reveal their "source"

[;)]
[/quote]Or they will give you the figures that are used in Football Manager 2010!

[quote user="dhickl"][quote user="morty"][quote user="AVFC-NCFC"]So does anyone know what are first eleven might be on? Roughly?[/quote]No one knows.And anyone who hazards a guess will be doing just that, guessing.Or maybe someone who claims to know a big cheese will come in and make claims, whilst unable to reveal their "source"[;)][/quote]Or they will give you the figures that are used in Football Manager 2010![/quote]Hahahaha![Y]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

This time, hopefully, we will hit the Championship with a team of hungry players aiming for success and the wages that go with it.

[/quote]

Totally agree. Provided this group finishes the job and get us promoted, and our financial situation does not worsen, we have every reason to be optimistic for next year and a few more after that. When history is written, I just wonder if dropping down to the third tier for a season will go down as a saviour for NCFC. Long as it never happens again I can cope with it.

My mates mate is a mechanic and he had grant holts car in for a mot and service, he has a peugeot 307 which i was quite suprised at! Apparently he left a wage slip in the glovebox and it said per annum of £240k which is 5k a week

5k a week for Holt sounds about right, would imagine the first 11 are on between 3k-7k, but that is guessing a bit. We probably pay very little for Forster as he''s so young, even if we paid all his wages it wouldn''t be much more than 1k a week, Drury must pull over 5k, seeing as he''s been with us long enough to have earned one of the higher contracts, Doherty and Hoolahan will be our highest paid, probably 7k-9k a week. Smith, Adeyemi etc will be cheap as chips (relative), someone said 50k a year, which sounds about right at 1k a week for a talented player''s 1st/2nd professional contract. Martin''s new contract must have doubled or trebled his money, as he''d have still been on a contract from when he was a teenager. Hughes might earn a fair wedge as he was signed on a free.

No player at this level should earn over 150k pa. Typical first team players no more than 80k pa and the likes of young Adeyemi 30k pa.

That would be nearer to natural justice compared to other workers but of course football doesn''t work like that so supporters pay through the nose, players get rich and clubs go to the wall.

[quote user="kiwiNCFC"]My mates mate is a mechanic and he had grant holts car in for a mot and service, he has a peugeot 307 which i was quite suprised at! Apparently he left a wage slip in the glovebox and it said per annum of £240k which is 5k a week[/quote]That was unlucky............... I bet he really got screwed on the service bill.

[quote user="AVFC-NCFC"]So does anyone know what are first eleven might be on? Roughly?[/quote]

My own opinion, about £3,500 a week for each player (that is an average with some getting slightly more and some less).

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Well the club have talked about that for years then gone on to do the opposite. In the championship the Norwich wage bill has been consistently one of the highest despite average players. Who else would have given Worthington a £600 000 a year contract plus all the hangers on, putting players up at Dunston Hall etc[/quote]

You lot make me laugh. Who did this message board want? paul jewell? He wanted £3m and failed at Derby

Thank thre board for the prudence they showed otherwise we''d be £50m in debt, not £23m