Sign in to follow this  
WeAreYellows49

Norwich City v Hartlepool United unofficial match chat thread

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Hahaha how good is it to see our team winning again at home.  Is CR a fortress once more?[/quote]

Was just thinking the same thing, its great to have that feeling back. Well done boys! Will be glad when Holts back though.

We scarcely deserved anything from this, let alone a win.I know this won''t be met with a round of applause, and with 3 wins in row since his appointment i certainly can see why it won''t, but as far as the details are concerned i''m far from confident with Doc holding the armband.If i''m honest it''s about as belated i''ve felt after a win so far this season, while of course staying confident as far as the current campaign is concerned.

[quote user="Big Bad John"]We scarcely deserved anything from this, let alone a win.I know this won''t be met with a round of applause, and with 3 wins in row since his appointment i certainly can see why it won''t, but as far as the details are concerned i''m far from confident with Doc holding the armband.If i''m honest it''s about as belated i''ve felt after a win so far this season, while of course staying confident as far as the current campaign is concerned.[/quote]There''s always one I suppose. [:^)]

[quote user="Big Bad John"]We scarcely deserved anything from this, let alone a win.I know this won''t be met with a round of applause, and with 3 wins in row since his appointment i certainly can see why it won''t, but as far as the details are concerned i''m far from confident with Doc holding the armband.If i''m honest it''s about as belated i''ve felt after a win so far this season, while of course staying confident as far as the current campaign is concerned.[/quote]

Try not to be too negative, look at the bigger picture. We are top and got a result despite playing poor. Whilst the Doc is no Italian defender he has been in better form since nearly leaving. His goals have been welcome too!

[quote user="bloodwagon"]If we can play that bad and still win, we are not doing to bad are we ?
great result city, now to keep it going at Millwall
[/quote]

Totally agree

[quote user="Big Bad John"]We scarcely deserved anything from this, let alone a win.

I know this won''t be met with a round of applause, and with 3 wins in row since his appointment i certainly can see why it won''t, but as far as the details are concerned i''m far from confident with Doc holding the armband.

If i''m honest it''s about as belated i''ve felt after a win so far this season, while of course staying confident as far as the current campaign is concerned.
[/quote]

Belated?

Oh, cheer up John.  We have just won 11 home games in a row, an all time record!!! Some people are never happy.  44 points from 48 - phenomenal.

Have a drink[<:o)][B][pi][D][<:o)]

[quote user="Big Bad John"]We scarcely deserved anything from this, let alone a win.I know this won''t be met with a round of applause, and with 3 wins in row since his appointment i certainly can see why it won''t, but as far as the details are concerned i''m far from confident with Doc holding the armband.If i''m honest it''s about as belated i''ve felt after a win so far this season, while of course staying confident as far as the current campaign is concerned.[/quote]Its obviously not a permanent fixture though - only while Holt is out.

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Big Bad John"]We scarcely deserved anything from this, let alone a win.

I know this won''t be met with a round of applause, and with 3 wins in row since his appointment i certainly can see why it won''t, but as far as the details are concerned i''m far from confident with Doc holding the armband.

If i''m honest it''s about as belated i''ve felt after a win so far this season, while of course staying confident as far as the current campaign is concerned.
[/quote]

Its obviously not a permanent fixture though - only while Holt is out.
[/quote]

We can''t (and shouldn''t) just rely on one man

Possession (%) 55-45
Shots on target 4-7
Shots off target 3-7
Corners           4-4
Fouls               9-9
Yellow cards   0-2

Hartlepool had more shoots too and we still won, cant be bad

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Big Bad John"]We scarcely deserved anything from this, let alone a win.I know this won''t be met with a round of applause, and with 3 wins in row since his appointment i certainly can see why it won''t, but as far as the details are concerned i''m far from confident with Doc holding the armband.If i''m honest it''s about as belated i''ve felt after a win so far this season, while of course staying confident as far as the current campaign is concerned.[/quote]Its obviously not a permanent fixture though - only while Holt is out.[/quote]figured that was a no brainer ? obviously not though !Its a hard choice though if not Doc... who else ?Personally I''d have taken Rusty or Laps.... but that said.... im not Paul Lambert and Lambo obviously knows what hes up to !!Delighted Cody got a goal as predicted !Just doesnt put a foot wrong that lad !! Cult hero right there !!

[quote user="Barclay Boy"][quote user="Big Bad John"]We scarcely deserved anything from this, let alone a win.I know this won''t be met with a round of applause, and with 3 wins in row since his appointment i certainly can see why it won''t, but as far as the details are concerned i''m far from confident with Doc holding the armband.If i''m honest it''s about as belated i''ve felt after a win so far this season, while of course staying confident as far as the current campaign is concerned.[/quote]

Try not to be too negative, look at the bigger picture. We are top and got a result despite playing poor. Whilst the Doc is no Italian defender he has been in better form since nearly leaving. His goals have been welcome too![/quote]I wouldn''t doubt his ability and how much he''s contributed this season Barclay Boy. Been a massive asset as far as our defence is concerned [Y], it''s how i feel about how he and the team perform while he occupies the captaincy role that worries me slightly.By the way, sorry for the negativity guys, just feeling a little nervous is all.

We''re going to have to do alot better away at Millwall, but personally based on today''s performance I see a 2-0 win to Millwall on the cards.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Big Bad John"]We scarcely deserved anything from this, let alone a win.I know this won''t be met with a round of applause, and with 3 wins in row since his appointment i certainly can see why it won''t, but as far as the details are concerned i''m far from confident with Doc holding the armband.If i''m honest it''s about as belated i''ve felt after a win so far this season, while of course staying confident as far as the current campaign is concerned.[/quote]Its obviously not a permanent fixture though - only while Holt is out.[/quote]figured that was a no brainer ? obviously not though !Its a hard choice though if not Doc... who else ?Personally I''d have taken Rusty or Laps.... but that said.... im not Paul Lambert and Lambo obviously knows what hes up to !!Delighted Cody got a goal as predicted !Just doesnt put a foot wrong that lad !! Cult hero right there !![/quote]So did I but the context of the original post i quoted made it sound like Doc had been permanently given the armband. Im not sure who I would have given captaincy to if not Docs, Rusty is the only viable option that springs to mind. Cody is brilliant for us and has popped up with some important goals, cerainly one of my heroes!

[quote user="Notts Canary"]We''re going to have to do alot better away at Millwall, but personally based on today''s performance I see a 2-0 win to Millwall on the cards.[/quote]ridiculous post. Read through it again and come up with something better next time.

[quote user="Big Bad John"]We scarcely deserved anything from this, let alone a win.

[/quote]

Trying to understand how a person can feel belated. It''s a new one on me......a bit of Norfolk that I''ve missed....... A variation of deflated? Seriously, do people say this? I like it anyway.

[quote user="Big Bad John"][quote user="Barclay Boy"][quote user="Big Bad John"]We scarcely deserved anything from this, let alone a win.I know this won''t be met with a round of applause, and with 3 wins in row since his appointment i certainly can see why it won''t, but as far as the details are concerned i''m far from confident with Doc holding the armband.If i''m honest it''s about as belated i''ve felt after a win so far this season, while of course staying confident as far as the current campaign is concerned.[/quote]

Try not to be too negative, look at the bigger picture. We are top and got a result despite playing poor. Whilst the Doc is no Italian defender he has been in better form since nearly leaving. His goals have been welcome too![/quote]I wouldn''t doubt his ability and how much he''s contributed this season Barclay Boy. Been a massive asset as far as our defence is concerned [Y], it''s how i feel about how he and the team perform while he occupies the captaincy role that worries me slightly.By the way, sorry for the negativity guys, just feeling a little nervous is all.[/quote]

No probs Jon, I can see your point about the Captaincy but who else could Lambert pick? Rusty or Lapps maybe?

Don''t worry Jon, City will be back in the Champ next season, lets just hope there aren''t too many nervous finishes. OTBC

[quote user="fonejacker"][quote user="Notts Canary"]We''re going to have to do alot better away at Millwall, but personally based on today''s performance I see a 2-0 win to Millwall on the cards.[/quote]ridiculous post. Read through it again and come up with something better next time. [/quote]You fail to present any valid arguement, the only ridiculus post is yours. We have struggled today and at Walsall, that is clear and Millwall are a good team and we may not be as lucky against them. I eagerly await your insight...

[quote user="bloodwagon"]Think we will win at Millwall, think PL will have a talk to the team and sort it out.I dont have a worry about Millwall.[/quote]Millwall have an excellent home record, they we''re the ones to undo Leeds when they we''re in excellent form, I have every worry about Millwall.

[quote user="book end"]

[quote user="Big Bad John"]We scarcely deserved anything from this, let alone a win.I know this won''t be met with a round of applause, and with 3 wins in row since his appointment i certainly can see why it won''t, but as far as the details are concerned i''m far from confident with Doc holding the armband.If i''m honest it''s about as belated i''ve felt after a win so far this season, while of course staying confident as far as the current campaign is concerned.[/quote]

Trying to understand how a person can feel belated. It''s a new one on me......a bit of Norfolk that I''ve missed....... A variation of deflated? Seriously, do people say this? I like it anyway.

[/quote]If it happens to be wrong, feel free to insert a word more suitable to your liking, lord knows the amount of criticism and abuse i''ll get in return for making such an error. [:$]