Sign in to follow this  
The Walking Man

Beckford hands in transfer request.

Spain boy you said "unless you think league 2 Grant holt is any better?"

Well this League 2 Grant Holt fella seems to be knocking them in for fun....20 at the last count mate!!!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Spain boy you said "unless you think league 2 Grant holt is any better?"

Well this League 2 Grant Holt fella seems to be knocking them in for fun....20 at the last count mate!!![/quote]And he''s streets ahead of JB on assists too, altogether a much more complete player.

I think Leeds have more than enough of a lead already to worry about losing Beckford and losing the title.

I think that this wont mean Leeds will be out of the promotion race, but without Beckford they will loose that ''snatch a win from a draw player''... as we all saw from our vist up north. I think that while Leeds defence will stay strong their goals could be harder to come by and maybe the could go through a draw spell like charlton have of late. Could be a chance to snatch the tittle, though I still think they will be certain to go up!

[quote user="Rupethebear"]Champions!!![/quote]I''m going to say it as no-one else seems to have... SSSSHHHHHHHHH!!!! for pitys sake shhh!

I have said it before and I will say it again, unless you a pay a shedload of cash for a striker its unlikely he''s going to bed straight into a team and start scoring from match 1. I think Leeds will miss Beckford and their results could possibly dip while a new striker finds his feet.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Spain boy you said "unless you think league 2 Grant holt is any better?" Well this League 2 Grant Holt fella seems to be knocking them in for fun....20 at the last count mate!!![/quote]

I know I was being sarcastic. Either Hooper or Sharp would be a good replacement although long term Hooper is the one that Leeds should be looking for and now odds on favourite by a mile with Skybet to join us.(hmm do they know something!!)  Beckford handed in a request on the 30th, a week ago. I wouldn´t be surprised if Leeds have someone in this week. Either would be great but Hooper would be fantastic. He has a better first touch than Beckford,has pace and works a damn site harder plus has an eye for a lot of goals and proven at this level with 20 goals last season.  

I think you have been very naive spainboy, your constant ramblings concerning Beckford''s departure and it never going to happen when it was quite clear the possibility was looming over the horizon since the beginning of the season. Then your bullish approach to Leeds season so far - although I am not defending the same from some members on here in relation to ours - but surely you can stop being pig headed for a while? [:)] 

They''ll somehow manage to get £3m or something stupid, even though he''s not worth it. Fryatt is better and has a few years on his contract and he could be leaving for 3m - how do leeds do it?

Anyway, they''ll sign Gradel when beckford leaves and probably sharp and hooper, and all 3 would be silly to turn down Leeds.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]I think you have been very naive spainboy, your constant ramblings concerning Beckford''s departure and it never going to happen when it was quite clear the possibility was looming over the horizon since the beginning of the season. Then your bullish approach to Leeds season so far - although I am not defending the same from some members on here in relation to ours - but surely you can stop being pig headed for a while? [:)] [/quote]

Im not being big headed and I still honestly believe that he wont be sold unless a good offer comes in. This still stands.

On the OS it states that Beckford will only leave IF we get a good fee and replacements are lined up. Like your manager we also have a very intellegent boss who knows which player to get in.

Fortunately Beckford is not the match winner like he was last season and we have 10 other excellent players who are staying for sure.

I appreciate everyone''s optimism but if you think Leeds will sell Beckford and not replace him with another striker who could score at this level, you''d be naive. I''d be more concerned at them making a bid for Holt to be honest. :(

Well if Beckford puts in his transfer request it depends how professional he isHe might decide to brat it out and sulk thus not scoring , that way he can stay at LeedsIf  after scoring the winner vs arguably the best team in the English Modern Game his ego got on top of him Leeds are better off getting shot.If they do they will have options and if the Leeds boss was smart part of the Beckford deal would include at the very least the loan move of an up and commer who could get the job done for them.I doubt they would go for Holt, only he would cost them a lot and they would ( like us ) be after a budget striker.Lisbie and Barnard are names that come to mind ahed of Holt, perhaps even Chris Martin ahed of Holt !

Beckford''s been told that he would only be able to leave if Leeds received an acceptable fee and if they could find a replacement for him. If he does leave, I can''t see a Norwich player wanting to replace him at Elland Road. If he doesn''t leave though, I think that he may sulk in disappointment, reducing his form.

If Beckford stays then I can see him acrrying on scoring. He wont fluff it for himself in the summer window and will want to get the best deal possible. Beckford going wont be a quarter as bad to us if Lambert leaves you toi go to Burnley :). I cant believe how nailed on the bookies have him right now.