Striking like a lightning bolt

Scoring for fun that''s........

Grant Holt!!

Na na na na na na na

Na na na na na na na

Na na na na na na na

Scoring for fun that''s........

Grant Holt!!

I too think the "We f''in love Grant Holt" is very low rent. How about this inspired by King''s of Leon Your Sex is on Fire....

Woah!, Grant Holt is on fire
Woah!, and Wes is the supplier
Giving us the goals we desire

Woah!, Grant Holt is on fire
Woah!, and Wes is the supplier
Giving us the goals we desire

I heard "Grant Holt is Superman... Grant Holt is Superman..." at the Stockport away game, and felt at the time as I do now that that pretty much sums up the guy - admittedly it''s not too imaginative, but says all that really needs to be said.

[quote user="Anderz"]I heard "Grant Holt is Superman... Grant Holt is Superman..." at the Stockport away game, and felt at the time as I do now that that pretty much sums up the guy - admittedly it''s not too imaginative, but says all that really needs to be said.[/quote]

Its also what Shrewsbury fans used to chant for him so would simply be us copying their song.

Perhaps we could roll out the Iwan is a Welshman chant for Holty.

Grant Holts bl*8dy magic, he wears a magic hat, he plays for norwich city, he is a lovely chap, he scores em with his left foot, he scores em with his right and when we play the [Ipswich/Col U} scum he scores all f''ing night"

Triffic chant that when it gets going!

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[quote user="Anderz"]I heard "Grant Holt is Superman... Grant Holt is Superman..." at the Stockport away game, and felt at the time as I do now that that pretty much sums up the guy - admittedly it''s not too imaginative, but says all that really needs to be said.[/quote]

Its also what Shrewsbury fans used to chant for him so would simply be us copying their song.

Perhaps we could roll out the Iwan is a Welshman chant for Holty.

Grant Holts bl*8dy magic, he wears a magic hat, he plays for norwich city, he is a lovely chap, he scores em with his left foot, he scores em with his right and when we play the [Ipswich/Col U} scum he scores all f''ing night"

Triffic chant that when it gets going!

[/quote]

I like what you have done with the exchange of "bloody magic" for "Welsh man" above... but it should then go on to say that he lives next door to another City player in a Norwich Council Flat "he lives next door to Hoolahan in a Norwich Council Flat" for instance.

You still have the swearing in that song which the PC Brigade will not like, but it is a damn good song but yet again an old one!

Someone posted on here somewhere...He''s fatHe''s roundHe''s worth £3 million poundGrant Holt, Grant HoltI quite liked that one!

Another one, not sure if anything like this has been done before.

In the town where I was born

Lived a man called Grant Holt

And he scored all the time

For the team in yellow and green

He was signed by Bryan Gunn

From Shrews-bury F.C.

Then he got the armband

For the team in yellow and green

We all love the team in yellow and green

The team in yellow and green, the team in yellow and green

We all love the team in yellow and green

The team in yellow and green, the team in yellow and green

Without starting a war with those on here that just love to ridicule, How about re aranging Oh Huckerby, song, Holt is fast becoming the hero now so why not I''m sure Hucks won''t mind either

How about this one. In the same vane as the Ashley Ward chant (and Andy Cole etc).

Grant Holt, Grant Holt

Grant, Grant Holt

When he gets the ball he scores a goal

Grant Grant Holt.

Simples, and the single syllable name still works.

[quote user="richie"]How about this one. In the same vane as the Ashley Ward chant (and Andy Cole etc). Grant Holt, Grant Holt Grant, Grant Holt When he gets the ball he scores a goal Grant Grant Holt. Simples, and the single syllable name still works.[/quote]

Another thought is to the my old man tune,

"GRANT HOLT SAID'''', GIVE ME THE BALL, AND WATCH  ME PUT IT IN THE NET.

what about the whole shoes off thing...you know, shoes off if you love grant holt repeat ad nauseum with shoe up in air. Ok it sucks, just tohught it would be quite funny to do!

[quote user="Binky"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Must be some kind of "Go West"/"Grant Holt" possibilities.[/quote]Good shout Mr Chops. Think most want a "chant" rather than a song but this could provide both. There are 2 intro verses before the "Go West" anthem (you probably only need one of them) with each line beginning "Together" - that could be retained or "Canaries!" substituted for all or some of the "Together"s. Then the main verse to "Go West". The chanters could sing the "Together" (or "Canaries!") and "Grant Holt" while those who can, could sing the rest.
(Together) We can Fly So High(Together) City ''til we

die(Together) Grant Holt is our man(Together) We''re his greatest

fan

(Grant Holt!) He can run and run(Grant Holt!) And he

scores for fun
(Grant Holt!) Captain of our team(Grant Holt!) He''s a

goal machineToo complicated?  (btw - on You Tube there''s  simple hand-clapping intro to it...)
[/quote]

Quality Blinky....loving it!!! How can we get it to the terraces?

[quote user="Rocky Rocastle"][quote user="Binky"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Must be some kind of "Go West"/"Grant Holt" possibilities.[/quote]Good shout Mr Chops. Think most want a "chant" rather than a song but this could provide both. There are 2 intro verses before the "Go West" anthem (you probably only need one of them) with each line beginning "Together" - that could be retained or "Canaries!" substituted for all or some of the "Together"s. Then the main verse to "Go West". The chanters could sing the "Together" (or "Canaries!") and "Grant Holt" while those who can, could sing the rest.
(Together) We can Fly So High(Together) City ''til we

die(Together) Grant Holt is our man(Together) We''re his greatest

fan

(Grant Holt!) He can run and run(Grant Holt!) And he

scores for fun
(Grant Holt!) Captain of our team(Grant Holt!) He''s a

goal machine
Too complicated?  (btw - on You Tube there''s  simple hand-clapping intro to it...)
[/quote]

Quality Blinky....loving it!!! How can we get it to the terraces?[/quote]We can''t. No song on here will get picked up (there have been dozens) because not enough fans see them. Chants are spontaneous quite often - but not all catch on. Maybe if BBC Look East or someone ran a competition and got a group of  singers to sing one each night  for a week - and for fans to vote on their favourite. That way the best song or tune would rise to the top. No point in competing with OTBC though - that''s special. Perhaps a "promotion song competiton" could be run in a couple of months time? There are plenty of posters on here who can write creatively (this was Mr Chops idea not mine) but many would still prefer a simple chant anyway- with a bit of swearing thrown in for the fun factor of course. (Doesn''t follow of course that all players enjoy listening to their names amidst a load of swearing).

I agree the song is inane but.........Anyone saying he doesn''t respond is having a laugh. Millwall he was practically laughing near the touchline holding the ball up. Southend he was waving to the crowd at corners.

Songs need to be song in pubs or under the stands before games. It takes a couple to sing it on their own then the rest will follow simple

He''s big,

He''s bold,

He''s gunna win us gold,

Grant Holt, Grant Holt.

Me and Some mates made up a good one on the way to yeovil, we Sung it At southampton in the JPT and it caught on Quite well..... His Armband Shows Hes Yellow And green Grant Holt, grant Holt, His Armband Shows hes yellow and green Grant hot, Grant Holt, his Armband Shows hes Yellow and Green he is a F***** Goal Machine, Super Grant Holt Norwich''s Number 9! Na na na na na na na na na na (x2) :)