Sign in to follow this  
ncfc4life

Owain tudor Jones

What on earth is going on with him these days? Is he still injured as havvnt really heard anything about him for ages.Too be honest we should offload him in january. He is basically bottom of the pecking order and even when he did play at the start of the season diddnt seem anything special. And even before he came here he was constantly injured and seems to be the same these days

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]Gunn knew the guy was a sicknote but for some obscure reason still signed him during his panic buy session.[/quote]Gunn signed him as a first choice midfielder despite already having Rusty, Wes, Smith and Lappin and signing Gill and Hughes. The man was a buffoon.

[quote user="Larry David"][quote user="IncH_HigH"]Gunn knew the guy was a sicknote but for some obscure reason still signed him during his panic buy session.[/quote]Gunn signed him as a first choice midfielder despite already having Rusty, Wes, Smith and Lappin and signing Gill and Hughes. The man was a buffoon.[/quote]

Best central midfielder in the squad - shame about the injury proneness.Could still play a part in shutting your loose trap, Larry David.Seriously, if footballing brains were made of trees most of the posters on this message board would be rendered in the Antarctica.

[quote user="morty"]My, what a self important bell-end.[:)][/quote]Not kidding.Though i would agree Owain is a talented midfielder, and it would be mutually beneficial for both the club and Tudor-Jones if we were to allow him the space to develop and flourish without readying ourselves to pounce upon his errors.Then again, this is the nature of the football fan, and it''s not something me, you, or Shyster have been eternally exclusive from (so there is no need to start with all the pretentious drivel Shyster, OK? God knows we get enough of it on this forum anyway without you having a go).

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Larry David"][quote user="IncH_HigH"]Gunn knew the guy was a sicknote but for some obscure reason still signed him during his panic buy session.[/quote]Gunn signed him as a first choice midfielder despite already having Rusty, Wes, Smith and Lappin and signing Gill and Hughes. The man was a buffoon.[/quote]

Best central midfielder in the squad - shame about the injury proneness.Could still play a part in shutting your loose trap, Larry David.Seriously, if footballing brains were made of trees most of the posters on this message board would be rendered in the Antarctica.

[/quote]I''d love to be proven wrong but what exactly has he done to show that? And where did I question his ability? He has only played about 60 games in the last 5 years; how can that possibly make him the best midfielder we have? Real midfielders like Frank Lampard play 50 games a season..

[quote user="Larry David"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Larry David"][quote user="IncH_HigH"]Gunn knew the guy was a sicknote but for some obscure reason still signed him during his panic buy session.[/quote]Gunn signed him as a first choice midfielder despite already having Rusty, Wes, Smith and Lappin and signing Gill and Hughes. The man was a buffoon.[/quote]

[/quote]I''d love to be proven wrong but what exactly has he done to show that? And where did I question his ability? He has only played about 60 games in the last 5 years; how can that possibly make him the best midfielder we have? Real midfielders like Frank Lampard play 50 games a season..[/quote]LOL! Real midfielders like Frank Lampard play in the Premiership for top teams. Comparing Tudur Jones to him is rather unfair.What I saw of Tudur Jones impressed me. He broke up opposition play well and got himself stuck in. He seems a bit careless with his passing though, which is a big worry. I don''t disagree that at present he doesn''t deserve a spot in the team, but I think his age and ability means he''s a good player to have around.

the buffoon brought us holt askou and decided to keep martin .all the players you have mentioned have all played a part in a team that has surprised everyone this season .

i wouod say we are a much stronger team than last year wouldnt you..?

[quote user="TheGoogler"][quote user="Larry David"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Larry David"][quote user="IncH_HigH"]Gunn knew the guy was a sicknote but for some obscure reason still signed him during his panic buy session.[/quote]Gunn signed him as a first choice midfielder despite already having Rusty, Wes, Smith and Lappin and signing Gill and Hughes. The man was a buffoon.[/quote]

[/quote]I''d love to be proven wrong but what exactly has he done to show that? And where did I question his ability? He has only played about 60 games in the last 5 years; how can that possibly make him the best midfielder we have? Real midfielders like Frank Lampard play 50 games a season..[/quote]LOL! Real midfielders like Frank Lampard play in the Premiership for top teams. Comparing Tudur Jones to him is rather unfair.What I saw of Tudur Jones impressed me. He broke up opposition play well and got himself stuck in. He seems a bit careless with his passing though, which is a big worry. I don''t disagree that at present he doesn''t deserve a spot in the team, but I think his age and ability means he''s a good player to have around.[/quote]

What I mean is, central midfield is the one position where a player

should be fit enough to play game after game. There is plenty of

midfielders in The Championship and League 1 that can do this - Darel

Russell for example. I''d like to know what exactly Shyster has seen in OTJ to claim he is the best central midfielder at the club?

[quote user="Larry David"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Larry David"][quote user="IncH_HigH"]Gunn knew the guy was a sicknote but for some obscure reason still signed him during his panic buy session.[/quote]Gunn signed him as a first choice midfielder despite already having Rusty, Wes, Smith and Lappin and signing Gill and Hughes. The man was a buffoon.[/quote]

[/quote]I think these views are all rather harsh and some even miss out important facts.Tudor-Jones is an attacking midfielder, at the time he was signed Russell was looking to move on, Gunn was rumoured to be battling to keep hold of Hoolahan and Croft and Clingan had already left. Of the midfield we had from last season we only had Lappin who had mainly played in the reserves and Adeyemi and Smith who had played a handful of games between them.I think we are still yet to see the best of Tudor-Jones as injury seems to niggle him. He turned 25 in October and so to say that he has only played 60 games since his move from Bangor to Swansea in 2005 is actually rather harsh. He would have been around 20/21 when he signed for Swansea and he had played 96 games in four years at Bangor. You talking about a big step up in terms of football and also for a young player at the start of his time at Swansea who would probably been playing second fiddle to more experienced players. Look at Cody for example - he isn''t going to get buckets of appearences at the moment because he is still developing as a player and is not on the same level as Martin or Holt yet. He may well get his chance or he may have to go elsewhere to get it.From what I have seen of Tudor-Jones he has played a bit here and a bit there. Playing when coming back from injury is tough because you are not as sharp or as in form as the other players and your chance often comes when another player is suspended or injured. There is a lot of pressure on you to prove that you are better than them when you are not at 100% and the only way for a player to get back that sharpness is to play. Once he is back fit and gets his chance and perhaps a run in the team - then I will allow myself to consider how good he is. In the meantime I hope he has a swift return to fitness and is able to have his chance to prove any doubters wrong.I''d love to be proven wrong but what exactly has he done to show that? And where did I question his ability? He has only played about 60 games in the last 5 years; how can that possibly make him the best midfielder we have? Real midfielders like Frank Lampard play 50 games a season..[/quote]

The point is, he hasn''t been fit enough to play a run of games for 3 years now and he is only 25. What makes you think he will ever get that sharpness?

[quote user="seby1991"]What on earth is going on with him these days? Is he still injured as havvnt really heard anything about him for ages.Too be honest we should offload him in january. He is basically bottom of the pecking order and even when he did play at the start of the season diddnt seem anything special. And even before he came here he was constantly injured and seems to be the same these days[/quote]Oh dear oh dear! Here we go again. Remember Lappin? Martin & Spillane? And Doherty the complete Donkey. Even Nelson. And  Gill of course. Oh and last September Roeder was threatening to drop Hoolahan for lack of effort/end product.Oh I know Lappin was considered MoM yesterday by some, Martin and Spillane have done a bit too this season, Doherty has scored the odd goal (and stopped a few as well) and Nelson and Gill (much to everyone''s surprise) did OK yesterday - and a few even think Hoolahan may yet come good - but once they are at the bottom of the pecking order, let''s ship ''em out.Lambert''s big success has not been buying in players but building them into a squad and a team - and someone has to be at the bottom of the pecking order at any one time. I''d agree we need to strengthen the (central) defence and that may mean shipping out players to balance the books. But until Tudor Jones has recovered from injury and a fair assessment made (the couple of occasions I saw him this season he looked OK and his height looked useful) it''s wrong for anyone but Lambert to write him off. Only the manager can decide if there is something there for him to improve on. (Now, if only we had a match winner like Lee Croft in the side I reckon we''d be doing alright...).

[quote user="Binky"][quote user="seby1991"]What on earth is going on with him these days? Is he still injured as havvnt really heard anything about him for ages.Too be honest we should offload him in january. He is basically bottom of the pecking order and even when he did play at the start of the season diddnt seem anything special. And even before he came here he was constantly injured and seems to be the same these days[/quote]Oh dear oh dear! Here we go again. Remember Lappin? Martin & Spillane? And Doherty the complete Donkey. Even Nelson. And  Gill of course. Oh and last September Roeder was threatening to drop Hoolahan for lack of effort/end product.Oh I know Lappin was considered MoM yesterday by some, Martin and Spillane have done a bit too this season, Doherty has scored the odd goal (and stopped a few as well) and Nelson and Gill (much to everyone''s surprise) did OK yesterday - and a few even think Hoolahan may yet come good - but once they are at the bottom of the pecking order, let''s ship ''em out.Lambert''s big success has not been buying in players but building them into a squad and a team - and someone has to be at the bottom of the pecking order at any one time. I''d agree we need to strengthen the (central) defence and that may mean shipping out players to balance the books. But until Tudor Jones has recovered from injury and a fair assessment made (the couple of occasions I saw him this season he looked OK and his height looked useful) it''s wrong for anyone but Lambert to write him off. Only the manager can decide if there is something there for him to improve on. (Now, if only we had a match winner like Lee Croft in the side I reckon we''d be doing alright...).[/quote]I agreed with all of that right up until you branded Lee Croft a match winner lol.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]I hope the reference to Lee Croft was tongue in cheek.[/quote]

Mongoloid alert!  [:P]

On the subject of us having too many midfielders, you have all missed one out. This from Vital Football''s preview of tomorrow''s game:

Player to watch: Grant Holt

The experienced midfielder will try and

run the midfield for Norwich and will be looking to add to his

brilliant strike from the 2-0 win at Millwall.Whoever starts in midfield for the Saddlers will need to overpower his presence to win the game.

[quote user="Larry David"]The point is, he hasn''t been fit enough to play a run of games for 3 years now and he is only 25. What makes you think he will ever get that sharpness?[/quote]The fact that they appear to be different injuries and that the more recent injuries appear to be a result of him being brought back too quickly. Gill has been brought back in gently - as was Hughes when he was injured. I think the advantage we have at the moment is that the depth is allowing us to bring players back in slowly, unfortunately they cant all be brought in at the same time because there are only so many places on the bench.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Yellow Wall"]I hope the reference to Lee Croft was tongue in cheek.[/quote]

Mongoloid alert!  [:P]
[/quote]

You absolute arsehole, you should be ashamed of yourself

[quote user="NIN"]

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Yellow Wall"]I hope the reference to Lee Croft was tongue in cheek.[/quote]

Mongoloid alert!  [:P][/quote]

You absolute arsehole, you should be ashamed of yourself

[/quote]He knows no such thing.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Larry David"][quote user="IncH_HigH"]Gunn knew the guy was a sicknote but for some obscure reason still signed him during his panic buy session.[/quote]Gunn signed him as a first choice midfielder despite already having Rusty, Wes, Smith and Lappin and signing Gill and Hughes. The man was a buffoon.[/quote]

[/quote]

Ahem!

So what you saying shyster? Hes still the best midfielder in our squad, even though hes not in our squad? I dont care if hes is the best midfielder in our squad, i''d rather have Rusty, Korey, even Lappin ahead of him if we''ll get 40-50 games rather than someone who will only play 10-20 games,

[quote user="jed exodous"]So what you saying shyster? Hes still the best midfielder in our squad, even though hes not in our squad? I dont care if hes is the best midfielder in our squad, i''d rather have Rusty, Korey, even Lappin ahead of him if we''ll get 40-50 games rather than someone who will only play 10-20 games,[/quote]

Bumping old threads to prove a point is a thing I do, Jedi - it''s a terrible habit that I''d dearly love to break, but first I have to get something wrong. [:D]

But whats your point? Hes played 2 games and scored a free kick that should''ve been saved, (why couldn''t wycombe keeper been that poor against us)

Dont you understand my point? Is they why you cou;dn''t respond properley? OTJ is never gonna be fit enough to get a decent run in the team. Regardless of how good he is. If we had the chance to have Gerrard in the team but he could only play 10 games a season, what would be the point?

[quote user="jed exodous"]But whats your point? Hes played 2 games and scored a free kick that should''ve been saved, (why couldn''t wycombe keeper been that poor against us)

Dont you understand my point? Is they why you cou;dn''t respond properley? OTJ is never gonna be fit enough to get a decent run in the team. Regardless of how good he is. If we had the chance to have Gerrard in the team but he could only play 10 games a season, what would be the point?[/quote]

Couldn''t respond properly? You can''t even spell the f*cker.If you care to read the contents of this thread you will hopefully observe that I already stated that Tudur-Jones is injury prone - I also stated that he could come in useful by playing a part if he were to remain injury free - you''re assuming he will never string together a run of ten consecutive games, but that''s purely theoretical.So what''s your point?

My point is he was crap for the few games he played, then spent months on the sidelines injured, again, had a chance to impress Lambert in 2 cup games and failed, has done nothing to impress Lambert since, or impress him enough to even give him a place on the bench.

If there are clubs interested we should get rid of him. Our treatment room has had too many regular visitors over the last 5 years. We dont need him with his own table in there as well. Remember he was the 2nd most expensive signing of the summer, and hes given nothing back.