Sign in to follow this  
bristol_canary

Norwich City face fine over delay in releasing accounts

The positive part of me thinks that the timing may indicate new investment that we are keeping quiet about so we don''t see inflated prices in January, McNally comments regarding money still available and no need to sell certainly seem softer than the ''dire'' comments of the summer. The arrival of McNamee and Martin do not point to us being stony broke.

The negative part of me thinks were screwed and were hoping we can delay the bad news for as long as possible

The accounts relate to a financial year that ended six months ago, so a delay in releasing them (as opposed to the question of postponing the AGM) cannot be related to any new investment.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]The accounts relate to a financial year that ended six months ago, so a delay in releasing them (as opposed to the question of postponing the AGM) cannot be related to any new investment.[/quote]

Hmmmmm it''s an odd one, not related to investment, no need to sell the players which would indicate the club won''t fold.  Wonder what''s going on.

They don''t want the FA to know how rich we are with respect to the hearing about Col Who. Smaller fine and all that [;)]

Wishful thinking hey, but there is sure to be a reason for the accounts being late and as said if we were that broke, we wouldn''t be signing players!

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]The accounts relate to a financial year that ended six months ago, so a delay in releasing them (as opposed to the question of postponing the AGM) cannot be related to any new investment.[/quote]

Hmmmmm it''s an odd one, not related to investment, no need to sell the players which would indicate the club won''t fold.  Wonder what''s going on.

[/quote]Well, there is one obvious explanation, and that is that it is another typical example of Neil Doncaster spinning. Swamp the bad news (the accounts) with good news about a financial review and hints (or even news) about investment.Frankly the sooner he is kicked out and we get in a chief executive who is above that sort of thing the better!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]Well, there is one obvious explanation, and that is that it is another typical example of Neil Doncaster spinning. Swamp the bad news (the accounts) with good news about a financial review and hints (or even news) about investment.Frankly the sooner he is kicked out and we get in a chief executive who is above that sort of thing the better![/quote]Err, that''s irony, right ? [:)]  Nothing to do with not telling clubs our financial position before the January window then ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]Well, there is one obvious explanation, and that is that it is another typical example of Neil Doncaster spinning. Swamp the bad news (the accounts) with good news about a financial review and hints (or even news) about investment.Frankly the sooner he is kicked out and we get in a chief executive who is above that sort of thing the better![/quote]Err, that''s irony, right ? [:)]  Nothing to do with not telling clubs our financial position before the January window then ?[/quote]Possibly the merest hint of irony! But, to be serious, I doubt not releasing the accounts BY THEMSELVES has anything to do with the transfer window, because it is likely those accounts would show a "dire" (to use McNally''s word) position. If anything you would want to release the accounts now to show clubs and agents how badly off we were, and so keep prices down.On the other hand, IF there is some good financial news on the horizon for the future, then it would make sense to delay announcing that.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

Well, there is one obvious explanation, and that is that it is another typical example of Neil Doncaster spinning. Swamp the bad news (the accounts) with good news about a financial review and hints (or even news) about investment.

Frankly the sooner he is kicked out and we get in a chief executive who is above that sort of thing the better![/quote]

Err, that''s irony, right ? [:)] 

Nothing to do with not telling clubs our financial position before the January window then ?
[/quote]

No it''s to allow Bowkett and McNally to put the answers in place before anyone can ask the questions.

Restructure the 20mil debt and keep the banks/HMgovt as happy as possible.

Good day Mr Blah

As is usually the way on here, I suspect much is being made of relatively little. Companies file accounts late for lots of reasons, most of them not harbingers of the arrival of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

My business is much, much smaller and less complex than NCFC, but we often get involved in a bit of brinksmanship over deadlines because, whereas preparation of accounts is important in terms of creating a snapshot of where the business was some time previously( and a legal requirement!) , the actual day to day running of the business and the creation of profit and positive cashflow in the here and now is often more pressing.

As far as NCFC is concerned much has changed since the end of the accounting period and I hope that what we will be presented with is a scenario of progress from a "dire" situation to a much healthier one, whether or not that involves new investment, or simply the effects of cutbacks and new procedures, illustrated via the ongoing managment accounts.

By the time we read the accounts it''s old news. They are only of value for people to point to mistakes made in hindsight or good decisions made in hindsight. The figures will have been known to the last board as they were happening and the current board when they took over. Decisions will have been made long ago based on these figures.

My financial year ends in 5 weeks time. I already know what the general result will be. I am making decisions constantly based on these figures as they are happening and if I waited for the official result to be published I would surely be neglecting my duties.

Complete stab in the dark but if the club were prepared to take a loss on the land, could it be that we have/will be selling it providing a bit of cash for Lambert and covering some of the more imminent short-term debt repayments?  Obviously it would be wise to keep this quiet until after the transfer window....

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Complete stab in the dark but if the club were prepared to take a loss on the land, could it be that we have/will be selling it providing a bit of cash for Lambert and covering some of the more imminent short-term debt repayments?  Obviously it would be wise to keep this quiet until after the transfer window....[/quote]

Everything is rosy in the garden now isn''t it Mr. Carrow?

Or is it just that the gullible have been hoodwinked into believing this is so......once again?

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Complete stab in the dark but if the club were prepared to take a loss on the land, could it be that we have/will be selling it providing a bit of cash for Lambert and covering some of the more imminent short-term debt repayments?  Obviously it would be wise to keep this quiet until after the transfer window....[/quote]

Or is it just that the gullible have been hoodwinked into believing this is so......once again?

[/quote]

Birds of a feather.......

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I wish it were the case Nutless.......

If you paid attention you might learn something from Mr. Carrow.... but like all of your fellow sycophants it''s simply too complicated to take in.

Stick to the simple stuff eh?

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If you paid attention you might learn something from Mr. Carrow.... but like all of your fellow sycophants it''s simply too complicated to take in.

[/quote]

I have learned plenty from Mr Carrow Nora, and you believe it or not[:O]

Just not about football and our football club.....

This is more common than people think. Many companies delay releasing accounts to "boost figures" with fresh investment or contracts. Sounds promising tbh

[quote user="canarytom"]Perhaps now would be a good time to bring up Peter Cullum. Is he planning on investing in the club?[/quote]

What do you think?

Personally I very much doubt it, no question he has the wealth to invest despite pressing timesbut does he have the desire?

As much as I would like him too, I think he is too busy concentrating on his business. Hopefully, he will want a new hobby when he winds down his work commitments

[quote user="canarytom"]As much as I would like him too, I think he is too busy concentrating on his business. Hopefully, he will want a new hobby when he winds down his work commitments[/quote]

I totally agree with regards to concentrating on his current portfolio which is likely to be the case with anyone in business. I really can''t see any new investment unless it comes from someone already on the board with commitments to the club.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

More cloak and dagger stuff Nutless?

If it alludes to a personal "off forum" personality issue I couldn''t give a monkeys.....What''s said is clear and intelligent and that''s all I''m interested in.

I''ll leave the petty voyeurism to you and your ilk.

[quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If it alludes to a personal "off forum" personality issue I couldn''t give a monkeys.....What''s said is clear and intelligent and that''s all I''m interested in.

[/quote]

No..

I have learned to keep my focus on what I see on the pitch. We are after all a football club. But it then becomes apparent that you and your purists ilk are clueless. Basing your whole opinion on days gone by that are totally irrelevant to what we watch today.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Cluck the Purist...."]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No..

I have learned to keep my focus on what I see on the pitch. We are after all a football club. But it then becomes apparent that you and your purists ilk are clueless. Basing your whole opinion on days gone by that are totally irrelevant to what we watch today.

[/quote]

Awwwwwwww bless...... Nursey will be round in a little while to clean you up.

You do come out with so much **** Nutless........

[quote user="bristol_canary"]Maybe Delia is waiting to see how well her book sells over the christmas period?
[/quote]

After her TV show last week, a few of the supermarkets sold out of her main ingredients. She should start putting her name on things and she would coin it in!