Sign in to follow this  
Cullum Ave A Go If You Think Youre Ard Enough

Have the accounts been published yet?

[quote user="Puzzy magnet "]November 19th 2009 and no sign of ours yet....Tick, tock.[/quote]I guess the new guys aren''t quite as anal as the last one ?

[quote user="Desert Fox"]The club has until the end of this month. Even it is late the fine is tiny and often not collected.[/quote]

How long they technically have under the legislation is irrelevant. The point is they are being held back this year and there must be a reason behind it!

Total re-structure of finance of the club and want to present the accomplished situation at the AGM.

Vital that debt be "sorted" and once again re-phased. (specially the money for the Jarrold Stand.)

They can extend their year if they so wish (if they heven''t done it in the past ? years)

Feb''s AGM should be VERY interesting!

So there we have it. The reasons have been given but I wager by the end of the day there will be stories of whitewash spin and cover up by those who see the fans and the club as them and us. I will be at the AGM but as usual will find the most interesting part to be the football manager talking about football. I will understand less than half what I read in the accounts when they drop through my door and not much more when they talk about them. I doubt I am alone.

Did anyone else notice that 2pm Monday afternoon was changed to 7:30pm Tuesday evening. Much the reverse of reserve team football and at first glance a genuine attempt to make the AGM more accessible for more shareholders.

Them and us?

There is always the possibility that the auditors want to qualify their Auditors Report which could have huge ramifications for the future viability of the club. My guess is that that £2.5 million loan repayment due next year could mean that the club is not able to claim it is a going concern without the debt being restructered.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

So there we have it. The reasons have been given but I wager by the end of the day there will be stories of whitewash spin and cover up by those who see the fans and the club as them and us. I will be at the AGM but as usual will find the most interesting part to be the football manager talking about football. I will understand less than half what I read in the accounts when they drop through my door and not much more when they talk about them. I doubt I am alone.

Did anyone else notice that 2pm Monday afternoon was changed to 7:30pm Tuesday evening. Much the reverse of reserve team football and at first glance a genuine attempt to make the AGM more accessible for more shareholders.

Them and us?

[/quote]

Just as I trust Lambert, I also trust the NEW Board.[Y]

Its the Stowmarket Two I have a huge problem with!

From the club''s statement today:

"The football club is also delaying publication of its annual accounts until before the meeting, although they are due for submission to Companies House by the end of this month".

Whilst it is good that the club have now communicated the reasons why they are deferring the AGM (why couldnt they have done this in the first place?) I dont buy why the accounts should also be delayed. They are a historic record of the year to 31 May 2008 and the current restructuring of the debt will have no impact on the accounts which will have already been completed. The fact that they do not want to publish the accounts still makea me cynical that there is some bad news in there, which we will be ''buried'' when there is some good news to be published (i.e. the debt being restructured). 

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Them and us?

[/quote]

Just as I trust Lambert, I also trust the NEW Board.[Y]

Its the Stowmarket Two I have a huge problem with!

[/quote]

Fair enough Wiz[Y]

But what''s the huge problem[:^)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Ehhh?  The AGM is nomally held in the evening isn''t it, or it was when I used to go.  2pm is a departure from the norm afaik.

The last AGM I went to was the one where Roger Munby opened the proceedings by reminding us fans to be grateful that it was being held in Norwich at all, as "we could easily have it in London"  Them and us? [:S]

Hmmm . . . we''re "the best fans in the world" when everything''s hunky dory, but when the situation was absolutely dire and a small handful dared to point it out, the board retreated into the bunker and cheered silently while their big mate Mick Dennis earned himself a few more bob by slagging us off in the national press.

Them and us?  Let''s see if anything has changed.  I hope it has, but proof of the pudding and all that . . .

[quote user="whoareyou"]There is always the possibility that the auditors want to qualify their Auditors Report which could have huge ramifications for the future viability of the club. My guess is that that £2.5 million loan repayment due next year could mean that the club is not able to claim it is a going concern without the debt being restructered.[/quote]

I think that you might well be right.

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Ehhh?  The AGM is nomally held in the evening isn''t it, or it was when I used to go.  2pm is a departure from the norm afaik.

The last AGM I went to was the one where Roger Munby opened the proceedings by reminding us fans to be grateful that it was being held in Norwich at all, as "we could easily have it in London"  Them and us? [:S]

Hmmm . . . we''re "the best fans in the world" when everything''s hunky dory, but when the situation was absolutely dire and a small handful dared to point it out, the board retreated into the bunker and cheered silently while their big mate Mick Dennis earned himself a few more bob by slagging us off in the national press.

Them and us?  Let''s see if anything has changed.  I hope it has, but proof of the pudding and all that . . .

[/quote]

Of course you are quite correct that the norm for the AGM is an evening kick off however this years AGM was originally scheduled to kick off at 2pm.

Maybe they haven''t changed it to make it more accessible to "the best fans in the world". Maybe it just clashed with a reserve game.

[8] Us, and them
And after all we''re only ordinary men.

[;)]

[quote user="T"]

[quote user="whoareyou"]There is always the possibility that the auditors want to qualify their Auditors Report which could have huge ramifications for the future viability of the club. My guess is that that £2.5 million loan repayment due next year could mean that the club is not able to claim it is a going concern without the debt being restructered.[/quote]

[/quote]

Having read their explanation for postponing the accounts, it certainly sounds like it . . . oh dear [+o(]

The £2.5m loan to buy the LSE land was originally due for repayment in December 2008, so it''s been rolled over once already. 

I would suggest that going concern issues are a very possible reason for the delay. The

basic definition is that a company must be capable of

continuing in

business for the foreseeable future without the likelihood of

liquidation, ceasing to trade or seeking protection from those to whom

it is in debt.Not sure I''d be putting my name to any statement of the above if I were the audit partner!

As the loan is asset backed, it should not be a problem to roll it over again otherwise you need to hope that someone does has much as possible to publicise their culinary skills.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Of course you are quite correct that the norm for the AGM is an evening kick off however this years AGM was originally scheduled to kick off at 2pm.

Maybe they haven''t changed it to make it more accessible to "the best fans in the world". Maybe it just clashed with a reserve game.

[8] Us, and them

[;)]

[/quote]

It could also be because all these new high powered Directors work during the day. Or they can''t see to fish at night.

Where do you find all the glitter for your magic wand? Sprinkling Delia fairy dust over every post?[;)]

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="T"]

[/quote]

Having read their explanation for postponing the accounts, it certainly sounds like it . . . oh dear [+o(]

The £2.5m loan to buy the LSE land was originally due for repayment in December 2008, so it''s been rolled over once already. 

[/quote]

So how do all the other clubs manage to claim they are "going concerns"? How do that lot down the road get their accounts signed off? Backhanders maybe..... [:O]

[quote user="T"]As the loan is asset backed, it should not be a problem to roll it over again otherwise you need to hope that someone does has much as possible to publicise their culinary skills.[/quote]

So no need for us stupid ignorant now nothing peasants to worry about then!

Lets leave it all to the undeniable experts in finance and company working to sort out.

If they fail I still have a couple of blankets we can carry round the ground!!

Canary Cherub,

I am sure that the LSE loan was rolled over for two years. 

If it is a going concern issue, the commercial debt holders of the loan notes may be entitled to repayment or increased interest.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[8] Us, and them

[;)]

[/quote]

It could also be because all these new high powered Directors work during the day. Or they can''t see to fish at night.

Where do you find all the glitter for your magic wand? Sprinkling Delia fairy dust over every post?[;)]

[/quote]

The original date and time for the AGM was Monday November 30 at 2pm. The new date and time is Tuesday, February 2nd at 7.30pm.

What does that have to do with Delia?

You seem to be a very bitter and cynical person Mr Butler and my magic wand is much more fun than your wet blanket[;)]

Nutty,

It is my understanding that the original AGM still has to proceed. There will be an immediate motion to adjourn, which will be carried by the majority shareholders. This is why it is during the day - because it is a non-event.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[8] Us, and them

[;)]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The original date and time for the AGM was Monday November 30 at 2pm. The new date and time is Tuesday, February 2nd at 7.30pm.

What does that have to do with Delia?

You seem to be a very bitter and cynical person Mr Butler and my magic wand is much more fun than your wet blanket[;)]

[/quote]

I will need that blanket to collect all the coins we are going to need!

I am not bitter or cynical nor do I feel the need to jump to the rescue everytime someone has a point that does not match the clubs view.

The best fans in the world was the give away!!

[quote user="Desert Fox"]

Canary Cherub,

I am sure that the LSE loan was rolled over for two years. 

If it is a going concern issue, the commercial debt holders of the loan notes may be entitled to repayment or increased interest.

[/quote]

Thanks for that DF.  How did you find out btw, there hasn''t been a word in the press about it, was it in last year''s accounts?

[quote] I feel the need to jump to the rescue everytime someone has a point that does not match the clubs view.[/quote]You do, however, feel the need to jump to the rescue of anyone who holds an opposing point of view...