Sign in to follow this  
Cullum Ave A Go If You Think Youre Ard Enough

Have the accounts been published yet?

[quote user="Barbecued Bushmeat"][quote user="Desert Fox"]

Simon,

I would be highly surprised if the accounst were published at the end of this month. There are two reasons for this:

1. The club has until 10 months after the year end before they legally have to file, and even then, there is only a small fine for being late (see Gordon Ramsey)

2. I undertsood that the AGM has been put back to February and that the intended date for the AGM will be used simply to approve a motion to defer the AGM. As such, I would not expect them to publish the accounts at this meeting.

Being cynical, you could suspect that the deferral of the AGM and the accounts may be connected in that there is something not too nice to reveal. I dont like the fact that the revised AGM is after the close of the transfer window.

Only time will tell unless any of the better informed posters have any further information.

[/quote]

Marry your thoughts with cost cutting measures on reserve games,  the great skint debate is about to begin.
[/quote]

anyone who has digital radio might of noticed the news ticker thing that ticks along the bottom of the DAB Display on Saturday as well.... apparently, so im told it said, the club are "willing to listen to the right offer" for Holt.

[quote user="Puzzy magnet "]

[quote user="tom cavendish"]Perhaps there are talks about a takeover of the club and it will have to be put to an AGM?[/quote]

Correct answer.

[/quote]

I love how everything just descends into total speculation on here

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Barbecued Bushmeat"][quote user="Desert Fox"]

Simon,

I would be highly surprised if the accounst were published at the end of this month. There are two reasons for this:

1. The club has until 10 months after the year end before they legally have to file, and even then, there is only a small fine for being late (see Gordon Ramsey)

2. I undertsood that the AGM has been put back to February and that the intended date for the AGM will be used simply to approve a motion to defer the AGM. As such, I would not expect them to publish the accounts at this meeting.

Being cynical, you could suspect that the deferral of the AGM and the accounts may be connected in that there is something not too nice to reveal. I dont like the fact that the revised AGM is after the close of the transfer window.

Only time will tell unless any of the better informed posters have any further information.

[/quote]

Marry your thoughts with cost cutting measures on reserve games,  the great skint debate is about to begin.
[/quote]

anyone who has digital radio might of noticed the news ticker thing that ticks along the bottom of the DAB Display on Saturday as well.... apparently, so im told it said, the club are "willing to listen to the right offer" for Holt.

[/quote]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/norwich/8359529.stm

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]In the course of my work I have seen accounts being filed late on numerous occasions, and on every occasion it has been due to additional work being required from a financial reporting disclosure perspective and not because the auditors are suggesting a going concern risk.[/quote]Does anyone in here speak accountant ?  What does that mean in English ?[/quote]

Haha! The auditors wanted to understand some of the numbers better, as it wasn''t clear what they were/how they''d arisen (i.e. a deficiency in the company''s financial reporting system rather than a commercial issue). They didn''t have concerns as to whether the company was able to continue in business for another 12 months (going concern risk).

[/quote]I appreciate the explanation, just don''t let on I''m dumb ok ? [;)]

[quote user="Puzzy magnet "]

[quote user="tom cavendish"]Perhaps there are talks about a takeover of the club and it will have to be put to an AGM?[/quote]

Correct answer.

[/quote]

If you say so.

But no prospective new owner is going to make a formal bid without seeing the accounts.  So could delaying publication be a stalling tactic because someone "isn''t ready" to sell . . . no, surely not [;)]

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="Puzzy magnet "]

Correct answer.

[/quote]

If you say so.

But no prospective new owner is going to make a formal bid without seeing the accounts.  So could delaying publication be a stalling tactic because someone "isn''t ready" to sell . . . no, surely not [;)]

[/quote]I think you''ll find that it''s far more likely to be because of additional work being required from a financial reporting disclosure

perspective, actually (cheers simon ! [;)] )

Canary Cherub,

From the inormation provided by Simon above, the accounts may not be delayed as they are due to be filed by the end of this month.

The insinuation that the accounts would be delayed was due to me not realising that the new Companies Act has just come in to force and believing that the delay was connected to the deferral of the AGM. If the accounts are published by the due date, this means that there is another reason for the deferred AGM, although it is not clear why.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="Puzzy magnet "]

Correct answer.

[/quote]

If you say so.

[/quote]

I think you''ll find that it''s far more likely to be because of additional work being required from a financial reporting disclosure perspective, actually (cheers simon ! [;)] )
[/quote]

I agree.  I hope to be proved wrong, but an imminent takeover is extremely unlikely imo.

[quote user="canary cherub "]

I agree.  I hope to be proved wrong, but an imminent takeover is extremely unlikely imo.[/quote]

Absolutely, it looks like we have a fair chance of getting promotion, so why sell when the price might go up in June ?

[quote user="Desert Fox"]

Canary Cherub,

From the inormation provided by Simon above, the accounts may not be delayed as they are due to be filed by the end of this month.

The insinuation that the accounts would be delayed was due to me not realising that the new Companies Act has just come in to force and believing that the delay was connected to the deferral of the AGM. If the accounts are published by the due date, this means that there is another reason for the deferred AGM, although it is not clear why.

[/quote]

Thanks for that DF.  So we should expect the accounts within the next two weeks?  So much for T''s theory about not disclosing our financial situation until after the transfer window closes. [:P]

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="Desert Fox"]

Canary Cherub,

[/quote]

Thanks for that DF.  So we should expect the accounts within the next two weeks?  So much for T''s theory about not disclosing our financial situation until after the transfer window closes. [:P]

[/quote]

PS.  I thought T was all-seeing and all-knowing in financial matters?  How come he doesn''t know about the new Act, doesn''t it apply in Scotland (whoops!) [;)]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]I sound like a stuck....I sound like a stuck...I sound like a stuck...I sound like a stuck....I sound like a stuck....I sound like a stuck....I sound like a stuck....I sound like a stuck....I sound like a stuck....I sound like a stuck....I sound like a stuck....I sound like a stuck....I sound like a stuck...I sound like a stuck....I sound like a stuck... (you get the idea)[:P]

OTBC

[/quote]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="canary cherub "]

I agree.  I hope to be proved wrong, but an imminent takeover is extremely unlikely imo.[/quote]

Absolutely, it looks like we have a fair chance of getting promotion, so why sell when the price might go up in June ?

[/quote]

Very true from a shareholder''s point of view.  From a football point of view, it would be better if more money went into the club and less to the shareholders.

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

Very true from a shareholder''s point of view.  From a football point of view, it would be better if more money went into the club and less to the shareholders.

[/quote]But any money raised from the sale of the club wouldn''t be available for transfers anyway.  That would be like selling your house to pay your water bill.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But any money raised from the sale of the club wouldn''t be available for transfers anyway.  That would be like selling your house to pay your water bill.
[/quote]

I don''t understand. 

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But any money raised from the sale of the club wouldn''t be available for transfers anyway.  That would be like selling your house to pay your water bill.
[/quote]

I think Canary Cherub''s point was that if the prospective buyers have £100m in total to spend, then the cheaper the club is the more there is to put into the football team.

[quote user="Cullum Ave A Go If You Think Youre Ard Enough"]If only Archant weren''t in bed with the club now we might get them asking these kind of questions![/quote]There are some scheduled webchats with the chairman coming up on the canaries site soon, why don''t you ask him yourself ?

[quote user="SimonOTBC"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

[/quote]But any money raised from the sale of the club wouldn''t be available for transfers anyway.  That would be like selling your house to pay your water bill.[/quote]

I think Canary Cherub''s point was that if the prospective buyers have £100m in total to spend, then the cheaper the club is the more there is to put into the football team.

[/quote]Aah, when you put it like that, then yes.  But whoever takes it over will have to have serious money just to cover / guarantee the debts - I''m guessing that D & M would sell it to the "right person", whoever that is, for what they paid for it, same as Watling did.  But you''ll never know will it''s sold, and maybe not even then.

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

[/quote]But any money raised from the sale of the club wouldn''t be available for transfers anyway.  That would be like selling your house to pay your water bill.[/quote]

I don''t understand. 

[/quote]Sorry cherub, just me being thick as usual [:)]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But any money raised from the sale of the club wouldn''t be available for transfers anyway.  That would be like selling Norwich to buy Ipswich.
[/quote]

Well, if that''s the way you think Roy, then...........

OTBC

Read this post with interest and though I would add my two pence worth in reply to one of the earlier conspiracy theories. If the pushing back of the AGM to after the transfer window was some Machiavellian plot then surely it would suggest that there is not a mass exodus planned. If this was the case wouldn’t it be in the board’s interest to hold the AGM before the transfer window.

Of course there still could be a number of sales come January and the AGM will be uncomfortable for the board, I just look on these things as cock-up rather than conspiracy.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don''t understand. 

[/quote]

Sorry cherub, just me being thick as usual [:)]
[/quote]

Many a true word is spoken in jest.

OTBC

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="Puzzy magnet "]

Correct answer.

[/quote]

If you say so.

[/quote]

No, because as far as we know the accounts are not being delayed only the AGM. This gives a possible purchaser of the club time to see them before going to to delayed AGM where a take-over would then have to be approved.

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

When was the last time any money that could have gone into the club went into a Shareholders pocket [:^)]

Are the club holding back information from Shareholders or has the date not been reached where they have to publish the accounts[:^)]

Is the AGM postponed or is it that they have decided to have it later[:^)] Is  the AGM always in the Autumn or is it at other times[:^)] When was that AGM they held outside I seem to remember it was cold[:^)]

As a shareholder I have received no letter, has anyone else[:^)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Is the AGM postponed or is it that they have decided to have it later[:^)]

[/quote]

Go there Nige, that''ll stump''em.

OTBC