Sign in to follow this  
Cullum Ave A Go If You Think Youre Ard Enough

Have the accounts been published yet?

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="canary cherub "]

I agree.  I hope to be proved wrong, but an imminent takeover is extremely unlikely imo.[/quote]

Absolutely, it looks like we have a fair chance of getting promotion, so why sell when the price might go up in June ?

[/quote]

Very true from a shareholder''s point of view.  From a football point of view, it would be better if more money went into the club and less to the shareholders.

[/quote]

Is the AGM postponed or is it that they have decided to have it later[:^)]

[/quote]

Go there Nige, that''ll stump''em.

OTBC

[/quote]

I''ll turn up for the original date if anyone knows when it was[:^)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="canary cherub "]

I agree.  I hope to be proved wrong, but an imminent takeover is extremely unlikely imo.[/quote]

Absolutely, it looks like we have a fair chance of getting promotion, so why sell when the price might go up in June ?

[/quote]

Very true from a shareholder''s point of view.  From a football point of view, it would be better if more money went into the club and less to the shareholders.

[/quote]

When was the last time any money that could have gone into the club went into a Shareholders pocket [:^)]

Are the club holding back information from Shareholders or has the date not been reached where they have to publish the accounts[:^)]

Is the AGM postponed or is it that they have decided to have it later[:^)] Is  the AGM always in the Autumn or is it at other times[:^)] When was that AGM they held outside I seem to remember it was cold[:^)]

As a shareholder I have received no letter, has anyone else[:^)]

[/quote]

No, I haven''t had mine yet Nigel.

I suspect the figures are bad and they want to hold off telling us as long as they can.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Many a true word is spoken in jest.

OTBC

[/quote]Remember what I said about a wise man Bly ?  You still aren''t any wiser are you...

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

When was the last time any money that could have gone into the club went into a Shareholders pocket [:^)]

Are the club holding back information from Shareholders or has the date not been reached where they have to publish the accounts[:^)]

Is the AGM postponed or is it that they have decided to have it later[:^)] Is  the AGM always in the Autumn or is it at other times[:^)] When was that AGM they held outside I seem to remember it was cold[:^)]

As a shareholder I have received no letter, has anyone else[:^)]

[/quote]

No, I haven''t had mine yet Nigel.

I suspect the figures are bad and they want to hold off telling us as long as they can.

[/quote]

I don''t doubt they''re bad Rickyyyyyyy but they gotta tell us. My old grandad always taught me honesty was the best policy and that I''d always feel better if I owned up. He was right too. So I suggest they "come clean" as soon as!

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="SimonOTBC"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But any money raised from the sale of the club wouldn''t be available for transfers anyway.  That would be like selling your house to pay your water bill.
[/quote]

As far as I am aware the debts are secured against the club assets. they are not guaranteed by the owners of the club.

I think Canary Cherub''s point was that if the prospective buyers have £100m in total to spend, then the cheaper the club is the more there is to put into the football team.

[/quote]

Aah, when you put it like that, then yes.  But whoever takes it over will have to have serious money just to cover / guarantee the debts - I''m guessing that D & M would sell it to the "right person", whoever that is, for what they paid for it, same as Watling did.  But you''ll never know will it''s sold, and maybe not even then.
[/quote]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]Remember what I said about a wise man Bly ?  You still aren''t any wiser are you...[/quote]Which is not at all reminiscent of the exchange between famously witty barrister F E Smith and a judge...Judge: "Mr Smith, I have listened to you for an hour now and I am none the wiser."F E Smith: "Possibly not, my lord, but you are much better informed."

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="SimonOTBC"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

But any money raised from the sale of the club wouldn''t be available for transfers anyway.  That would be like selling your house to pay your water bill.
[/quote]

I think Canary Cherub''s point was that if the prospective buyers have £100m in total to spend, then the cheaper the club is the more there is to put into the football team.

[/quote]

Aah, when you put it like that, then yes.  But whoever takes it over will have to have serious money just to cover / guarantee the debts - I''m guessing that D & M would sell it to the "right person", whoever that is, for what they paid for it, same as Watling did.  But you''ll never know will it''s sold, and maybe not even then.
[/quote][/quote]

As far as I am aware the debts are secured against the club assets. they are not guaranteed by the owners of the club.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

Remember what I said about a wise man Bly ?  You still aren''t any wiser are you...
[/quote]

Dear oh dear, oh dear

[|-)]

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]Remember what I said about a wise man Bly ?  You still aren''t any wiser are you...[/quote]

Dear oh dear, oh dear

[|-)]

OTBC

[/quote]yes, that''s my username, and it''s meant to be self-deprecating.  You probably think self-deprecation means pooing your pants.

I was told by a source close to the club on Sat that there is an investor waiting in the wings with £30m-£40m to spend, but one or two things – or people – are holding it up…

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="SimonOTBC"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

[/quote]

I think that''s true, but I''m also sure that it''s written into the loans that they are repayable on a change of ownership. So they will need to refinance the loans or pay them off.

[quote user="SimonOTBC"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="SimonOTBC"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

[/quote]

I think that''s true, but I''m also sure that it''s written into the loans that they are repayable on a change of ownership. So they will need to refinance the loans or pay them off.

[/quote]

Yes I think there is a change of control clause but in reality i suspect a new owner would just need to satisfy the banks that their position is not going to be any worse off under the new regime. Which is why I think Cullum would not have had any problem reaching agreement with the banks.

[quote user="dizgoo"]

I was told by a source close to the club on Sat that there is an investor waiting in the wings with £30m-£40m to spend, but one or two things – or people – are holding it up…

Interesting and if true worrying that there is any kind of hold up when january is going to be crucial to the club!

[/quote]

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="dizgoo"]

Interesting and if true worrying that there is any kind of hold up when january is going to be crucial to the club!

I''m a shareholder and no-one''s told me about this yet.  Cannot happen unless us minority shareholders get involved.  Remember how long it took Carson Yeung to get control of Brum.  Actually I said that in the past tense - I don''t think it has completed formally yet!  Anyways, that will take near 18 months, and for any plc a change in majority control (>30%) will take at least a minimum of 3 months, because communicating with us minorities is not a quick job. So for 2 February to mean anything to do with a takeover, they should have started talking to minority shareholders at least three weeks ago.  

Talk of a quick takeover and then money being on the table are well wide of the mark.  Look at other recent takeovers, despite the takeover being confirmed, no money was in the bank in time for any transactions to happen within three months (in the case of Pompey two takeovers and still no money for transfers!).  Also remember when the share issue was used to finance promotion in 2003/4, the process began back in the summer and was only complete at the AGM then in November. 

I''ve heard nothing apart from the proposed adjournment of the AGM set for end November.  I agree the reason for this is confusing, but it has been done before and I seem to remember the reason then was put down to there being a double booking of the space they normally held AGM''s in.   Either the spin doctor has left the house, or it is to keep this forum focussed on other matters.

Whatever the reason for the postponement you have to believe it has nothing to do with selling major assets (players) if they are going to face the public 2 days after the transfer window closes (very brave if that is the case!).  Yes it is beyond plc filing deadline for the acounts so unless they actually plan to file late you have to assume finance not being around to keep the old girl going  is not the reason, unless they are accepting a qualification to the auditors report.  Us shareholders will know if we do not receive the accounts by the end of the month that something is amiss.

[/quote][/quote]

[quote user="shefcanary"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="dizgoo"]

I''m a shareholder and no-one''s told me about this yet.  Cannot happen unless us minority shareholders get involved.  Remember how long it took Carson Yeung to get control of Brum.  Actually I said that in the past tense - I don''t think it has completed formally yet!  Anyways, that will take near 18 months, and for any plc a change in majority control (>30%) will take at least a minimum of 3 months, because communicating with us minorities is not a quick job. So for 2 February to mean anything to do with a takeover, they should have started talking to minority shareholders at least three weeks ago.  

Talk of a quick takeover and then money being on the table are well wide of the mark.  Look at other recent takeovers, despite the takeover being confirmed, no money was in the bank in time for any transactions to happen within three months (in the case of Pompey two takeovers and still no money for transfers!).  Also remember when the share issue was used to finance promotion in 2003/4, the process began back in the summer and was only complete at the AGM then in November. 

I''ve heard nothing apart from the proposed adjournment of the AGM set for end November.  I agree the reason for this is confusing, but it has been done before and I seem to remember the reason then was put down to there being a double booking of the space they normally held AGM''s in.   Either the spin doctor has left the house, or it is to keep this forum focussed on other matters.

Whatever the reason for the postponement you have to believe it has nothing to do with selling major assets (players) if they are going to face the public 2 days after the transfer window closes (very brave if that is the case!).  Yes it is beyond plc filing deadline for the acounts so unless they actually plan to file late you have to assume finance not being around to keep the old girl going  is not the reason, unless they are accepting a qualification to the auditors report.  Us shareholders will know if we do not receive the accounts by the end of the month that something is amiss.

[/quote][/quote][/quote]

It''s the Joe Ferrari/Neil Doncaster school of communication i''m afraid....switch your phone off, bury your head in the sand and then tell "them" nothing.

Minority shareholders would be the last to know.

Yep, I am sure when something is happening you will be the first person Delia calls.

No-one is saying a takeover is imminent, just suggesting something is afoot dear boy.

[quote user="Desert Fox"]

Canary Cherub,

From the inormation provided by Simon above, the accounts may not be delayed as they are due to be filed by the end of this month.

The insinuation that the accounts would be delayed was due to me not realising that the new Companies Act has just come in to force and believing that the delay was connected to the deferral of the AGM. If the accounts are published by the due date, this means that there is another reason for the deferred AGM, although it is not clear why.

[/quote]

May be they want people at the AGM to be grovelling in thanks for NCFC signing some players during January 2010?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Is the AGM postponed or is it that they have decided to have it later[:^)]

[/quote]

Go there Nige, that''ll stump''em.

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Off the top of my head, I think its Monday 30th November at 2pm.

It will be good if someone can make it just to ask why the AGM is being adjourned until Feb. 2010.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="SimonOTBC"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

[/quote]

The last Annual Report (to 31st May 2008) gives the reader the information as to what the debts are secured against.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Off the top of my head, I think its Monday 30th November at 2pm.

It will be good if someone can make it just to ask why the AGM is being adjourned until Feb. 2010.

[/quote]

Maybe they could have a reserve match at the same time. Shall I bring all the grandchildren to meet Captain Canary?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Don''t want this most informative discussion concerning the accounts - to disappear off the radar.....just yet.[/quote]Ok, I''ll play - what possible motive could you have for keeping this current Mello ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"]Don''t want this most informative discussion concerning the accounts - to disappear off the radar.....just yet.[/quote]

Ok, I''ll play - what possible motive could you have for keeping this current Mello ?
[/quote]

Because, I do find it quite interesting....

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"]Don''t want this most informative discussion concerning the accounts - to disappear off the radar.....just yet.[/quote]Ok, I''ll play - what possible motive could you have for keeping this current Mello ?[/quote]

[/quote]Fag-packet Accounts ?  Borin'' that, surely...

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"]Don''t want this most informative discussion concerning the accounts - to disappear off the radar.....just yet.[/quote]

Ok, I''ll play - what possible motive could you have for keeping this current Mello ?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Fag-packet Accounts ?  Borin'' that, surely...
[/quote]

Speak for yourself.

OTBC