Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for the Academy with the Pink un Pickers.

This week I will join in with Norwich and Hissing Sid - I can''t see past Stevenage beating Hayes & Yeading.

Stevenage have started the season brightly, they have not yet lost at home (W3 D3) and need to win to keep up with Oxford whilst Hayes & Yeading are finding this league rather heavy going.

Stevenage v Hayes & Yeading - Home Win

Good luck Kev and to all the Pup''s.

Scottish league two for me this week...............

Although Arbroath have a reasonable away record so far, I can''t see them denting leaders Stirling''s defence somehow so.........

Stirling v  Arbroath............Home win.

Good luck Kev. [Y]

Right, I know I said I''d finalise the picks between 9 & 10, but I''ve had a spare couple of hours this afternoon to compile this.

And what a difficult job, so many fantastic Naps to choose from. But am I the only one in thinking its strange no-one has selected England? Its as if no-one knows they''re playing this weekend, because of this online pay per view no doubt!

As ever, there was no favouritism in the picks - each and every one of you have done your best, and these are the ones I think will do best:-

FRANCE v Faroe Islands - NCFC_Shaun, NCFCStar, Fonejacker, Norfolkbroadslim, DDD, Mr Bump, SDPete, Obiwan, Mr Chops, Scooby, GMF, P''boro, Hughesy, Kathy, Beau, Macs Perm 

SPAIN v Armenia - Davo, Graham Humph, Butler, Norfolkchance, Cityangel

IVORY COAST v Malawi - Yankee, NYC, Ryan, Fellas, Big Bob

SWITZERLAND v Luxemburg - Tilly [^], Yellow Fever, Panic

DEVERONVALE v Strathspey - Trent

GLENAVON v Lisburn Distillery - Leedscanary - My own Nap for the week, coming from the Irish League as all the nailed on Welsh Prem games are on Friday night.

So, there you go. Six really good selections in my eyes. The potential payout won''t be huge, but I know Billy Dixon will give us the best odds he can. Thanks in advance Billy.

Thank you all for your help in making my week an enjoyable one, and fingers crossed!

Leedscanary

[quote user="I am a Banana"]NN can you pick draws as a nap (bit of a gamble i know) or is it wins only?[/quote]You most certainly can. I dont recall anyone ever going for a draw, but theres a first for everything!

Im a bit worried about my nap of Deveronvale by the way Leeds/NN - As yet no price has been issued according to oddschecker. Usually ladbrokes and Skybet stick prices up Thursday/Friday morning but theres nothing as yet. Ill keep my eye on it.

Well done Kev![Y] These look really good to me and I''ll be ringing them through to Billy in the morning.

I''m glad you are enjoying your week in charge of the Free Bet. And we can all see how much effort you have made with these final selections. I know how much this all means to you and I want to see your name in Rays line of fame as much as you want it to happen. All you need now is to avoid that bad luck which is all I believe can prevent you giving us our fourth winning week this season.

Bugger, missed it again.NN, if I post my nap now, will it still count towards the overall League Table? May as well make it a bit of fun anyway...Has to be an easy win for France against the Faroe Islands for me....

[quote user="Trent Canary"]Im a bit worried about my nap of Deveronvale by the way Leeds/NN - As yet no price has been issued according to oddschecker. Usually ladbrokes and Skybet stick prices up Thursday/Friday morning but theres nothing as yet. Ill keep my eye on it.
[/quote]

i picked up a saturday football slip from Billys today and...i cant see it on there!

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="I am a Banana"]NN can you pick draws as a nap (bit of a gamble i know) or is it wins only?[/quote]

You most certainly can. I dont recall anyone ever going for a draw, but theres a first for everything!
[/quote]

cheers

i kind of fancied england to draw thats all

but my pick is bradford to beat crewe!

[quote user="Trent Canary"]Im a bit worried about my nap of Deveronvale by the way Leeds/NN - As yet no price has been issued according to oddschecker. Usually ladbrokes and Skybet stick prices up Thursday/Friday morning but theres nothing as yet. Ill keep my eye on it.
[/quote]

Yes it''s a concern Trent. I can''t find odds for the game listed anywhere. I did however find this list which attributes prices to Bill Hill : -

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?s=4025675c1ab5e5f7ccd298fc5bbfe628&showtopic=116294&pid=3867039&st=0&#entry3867039

However I can''t find the prices anywhere on Bill Hill''s site. If nothing better turns up then I shall take these prices as "kosher". Does 1/14 look about right to you Trent?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Yes it''s a concern Trent. I can''t find odds for the game listed anywhere. I did however find this list which attributes prices to Bill Hill : -

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?s=4025675c1ab5e5f7ccd298fc5bbfe628&showtopic=116294&pid=3867039&st=0&#entry3867039

However I can''t find the prices anywhere on Bill Hill''s site. If nothing better turns up then I shall take these prices as "kosher". Does 1/14 look about right to you Trent?

[/quote]

I''ve done a bit of googling and it seems the Highland League has been the speculation of a betting scandal this season [:|]

I''m sure Billy will give us odds on it, however if he wants us to change it please consider texting me for an alternative Nutty

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ladbrooke''s -Saturday 10th of October, 2009

TimeMatchHomeDrawAwayMore betsStats
15:00Glentoran vs Portadown 1/2 11/4 9/2

More bets
15:00Glenavon vs Lisburn Dist. 1/2 5/2 5/1

More bets
15:00Ballymena vs Dungannon 13/10 23/10 13/8

More bets
15:00Institute vs Newry City 5/4 23/10 13/8

More bets
15:00Crusaders vs Linfield 6/4 9/4 7/5

More bets
15:00Coleraine vs Cliftonville 6/4 9/4 7/5

More bets

And mine too - looks like it was a Highland League team that got accused of match fixing in the Scottish Cup. Think I''m getting paranoid!

And Cam - check your dates old boy. No Scots Prem this week due to Internationals, that fixture is next week.

It''ll all sort out Kev so don''t get paranoid. I need to be armed with a price when I ring Billy and if all else fails we''ll have to go with 1/14.

Sorry my nap is late, but had a very busy week this week.

I fancy Charlton to win at home tomorrow against Oldham.

As usual, good luck to all

I''m off to league 2 again this week and its got to be

DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE to beat Darlington.

Good Luck with your picks Leeds

It''ll all sort out Kev so don''t get paranoid. I need to be armed with a price when I ring Billy and if all else fails we''ll have to go with 1/14.

[/quote]

Betting must have been suspended, there are no prices anywhere.

Jellytot''s [^]birthday today, Tilly''s [^]and Muddy''s [^] tomorrow. Happy Birthday to you all and here''s to a winning week to celebrate with[B]

France to win for me, the very best of luck LeedsCanary!

Nutty, add my beautiful grand daughter''s name to your birthday list, it''s her first birthday today!! Now off to assemble the birthday cake....

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]France to win for me, the very best of luck LeedsCanary! Nutty, add my beautiful grand daughter''s name to your birthday list, it''s her first birthday today!! Now off to assemble the birthday cake....[/quote]

My 2nd Grandaughters first tomorrow. Must be something in the air.

Belated Happy Birthday to Jelytot and all with birthdays this weekend.