Sign in to follow this  
The Dog

Re: Interesting email from Mr Ross at Everton

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Oh dear, which sick individuals wished his kids would get cancer?[/quote]No-one. Just lying EverScum trying to win an argument.

Fans are capable of anything if angered enough, but one would hope that our own fans wouldn''t sink that low.  He can''t prove unless he has e-mails to prove it that he did get them, and we can''t prove that he didn''t.

I will be perfectly honest i wouldnt believe a word that lying sh1tbag says, he once said he heard the chanting himself and now its the journalists. make yr mind up Mr Ross

This guy Ross is a low-life scum.

It was he himself  who reported the alleged "rascist" chants by our fans at the time. Maybe he should have done the necessary research before publically critiscising our fans for this. He is after all a PR man a Goodison isn''t he?., and to now to lie about what happened 5 years on is pretty poor stuff.

Secondly , if that really is his genuine response to what is a reasoned OP e-mail, then he is even more pathetic than I first thought and shouldn''t hold the position he does at a premiership football club.

Trurely disgracefully,backtrackingly and dishonestly patchetic Ian Ross !!

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Lying that someone wished cancer upon your children would be the lowest of the low too.
[/quote]

I''m not suggesting that this guy is lying about recieving these letters (I don''t think even this piece of scum would stoop that low), what I am accusing him of is trying to shift the blame after all these years.

Ask yourself one question Mr.Ross, If it wasn''t you who was attributed as saying these things -why is it that you think the Norwich fans were incensed enough to send YOU such e-mails?

"I think you should seriously consider forwarding this correspondance to Everton F.C. This piece of sh!te holds an official PR position at that football club and should pay for this with his job!."

I think you seriously consider forwarding the emails to one of the national newspapers (Guardian/Times)

Your lack of knowledge about football astounds me......first off i will deal with it took Everton 10 years after everyone else to field their first black player......Mike Trebilcock was the first black player to score in a FA cup final in 1966 for Everton http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Trebilcock

Oh and could you post any links were it says Kevin Campbell Was racially abused at Everton by the fans

cheers

sorry about the post above this ..dont know what happened

[quote user="1878"]Your lack of knowledge about football astounds me......first off i will deal with it took Everton 10 years after everyone else to field their first black player......Mike Trebilcock was the first black player to score in a FA cup final in 1966 for Everton http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Trebilcock

Oh and could you post any links were it says Kevin Campbell Was racially abused at Everton by the fans

cheers

sorry about the post above this ..dont know what happened[/quote]Can you account for the fact that Mr. Ross is demanding an apology from Diouf, but refused to apologise to us for the allegations he made?

[quote user="1878"]Your lack of knowledge about football astounds me......first off i will deal with it took Everton 10 years after everyone else to field their first black player......Mike Trebilcock was the first black player to score in a FA cup final in 1966 for Everton http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Trebilcock Oh and could you post any links were it says Kevin Campbell Was racially abused at Everton by the fans cheers sorry about the post above this ..dont know what happened[/quote]

My lack of knowledge ?!?!?!

If your going to start an argument like this with me ,at least do your own f**king research beforehand. Quite why I should have to to it for you is beyond me!.

You asked for it ,so here it is, read and learn you idiot!.......

http://www.kickitout.org/news.php/news_id/1505

www.bluekipper.com/emails/emails77.htm

http://www.bluekipper.com/chippapers/03_04/league/villa(a).htm#mbe

www.toffeeweb.com/season/09-10/.../mailbagitem.asp?...

that''s just a couple of the dozens of links on the subject ,If you really want me find more for you ,I will.

as for Mike Trebilcock, well he was of mixed race.

My point was that after black players began to become prominent and pretty much every club in the 70''s/80''s , Everton followed suit about a decade afterwards, -I wonder why?!

Sadly I don''t think Norwich fans are above wishing such things on people.

"Where''s your Prossie''s gone?" For example.

I think I can help here.Shortly after the match took place I wrote to EFC and exchanged a number of emails with Mr Ross.  At first he was adamant that we''d been racist, while insisting that he still maintained a healthy regard for our club blah blah yaddayadda.  As things went on, and as I refused to back off, it became apparent that others at EFC might be beginning to distance themselves from him: just before everything went pear-shaped, their Chief Safety Officer agreed to take up the matter with his stewards, as he hadn''t personally heard anything untoward, and I sensed a possible breakthrough.However, I''d been posting all the correspondence on Wotb, having sworn everyone to secrecy.  Sadly, some (what''s the most offensive word I can post here?) of a Norfolk journo was also looking in, and published an unsigned article in either the EDP or this fine organ, giving Mr Ross'' email and postal addresses and exhorting all to "tell him what you think", which a lot of morons promptly did.  Mr. Ross immediately and understandably broke off contact, blaming me for the abuse.  I am still deeply angry about this.I still have all the correspondence.  He told me at the time that he HAD heard the racism.  But I think we should all let it go.  We know what we know.

So in summary what you are confirming is that Ross'' reply to the e-mail in the opening post about only being the "messenger" is in fact ,as we all knew, a complete and utter dispicable lie!.

Whilst I''m sure most Norwich have forgotton about something that happened 5 years ago, his other e-mail reply later in this thread of "enjoy Gillingham" shows his clear contempt and unprofessionalism about the situation even to this day.

If Ian Ross wanted to open up old wounds then he''s clearly going about it the right way!

Not quite.How long does it take we fans to forgive, say, an opposition player celebrating in front of our fans, or diving to gain a crucial penalty?  Do we ever forgive that?  Or do we despise player and/or club for decades?Well, Mr Ross has been abused by a lot of City fans, including one or some who wished cancer on his kids. In summary, what I''m confirming is that we should leave him alone.  I do fell responsible for the heat he received: in my naivity I trusted the people of Wotb and, while *they* didn''t let me down over the course of several weeks, I should''ve realised that before long some (worse word than in previous post) journalist would look in, ruin all my good work, and create a bad name for me personally.Well, life tends to arrange itself in such a way that chance meetings occur when strange coincidences come to light.  One day I may meet the journo who published the anonymous article.  In such an event I intend to punch him til he cries.

Sorry Suggett, but IMO this Ross guy is a liar: he was quoted directly in the press at the time and was happy to feed anti-Norwich stories to them - in his job he was in a position to spike the story at any time.

I''m not sure why we should believe this new line that people wished ill on his family either. A liar is a liar. It is not beyond this nasty man to have made it up.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Sorry Suggett, but IMO this Ross guy is a liar: he was quoted directly in the press at the time and was happy to feed anti-Norwich stories to them - in his job he was in a position to spike the story at any time.

I''m not sure why we should believe this new line that people wished ill on his family either. A liar is a liar. It is not beyond this nasty man to have made it up.[/quote]Because it''s not a new line.  It happened.

[quote user="Patriot15"]

http://www.nsno.co.uk/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?811119.0

Doesn''t take long to get around!!!

[/quote]

Interesting stuff!, seems like even the Everton fans dislike this character, some even describing him as "an embarrasment to their club".

One poster even goes on to suggest -as I myself did earlier in this thread -that he should pay with his job. I wonder if enough bad publicity toward this guy could seriously achieve this?!. I wonder what Everton FC would make of some of his dismissive comments?.

This guy was on talksport last Monday morning after the Diouf incident - I only wish I phoned the station imediately afterwards to point out what sort of person this is to the listening nation!

Well, Suggett, perhaps it did happen and perhaps not - to know the truth you would need to be Mr Ross himself. But to an extent it is irrelevant. Two wrongs never make a right but to my mind the thousands of supporters who were caused unnecessary grief by his actions far outweighs the couple of idiots who may have ''upset'' him with their response.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Well, Suggett, perhaps it did happen and perhaps not - to know the truth you would need to be Mr Ross himself. But to an extent it is irrelevant. Two wrongs never make a right but to my mind the thousands of supporters who were caused unnecessary grief by his actions far outweighs the couple of idiots who may have ''upset'' him with their response.[/quote]Or you could nip over to the Wrath and ask if anyone remembers. I just posted under ''Suggy'' back then, if I recall correctly.  I could even mail you the entire correspondence, though I probably won''t do that.  Who was caused unnecessary grief by his actions?  See, from where I stand, what we did to him was worse, regardless of whether or not he''s unpopular or unprofessional.Is anyone with me on this?  Or am I standing on a metaphorical haybale, reasoning with a metaphorical angry mob?  If the latter, I''m backing away right now.  I''ve seen the movies, I know how that usually works out.

I have to say for something that happened 5 years ago we do seem to making a mountain out of a molehill. Regardless as to the profssionalism of Mr Ross or otherwise surely it''s time to move on. If any Norwich supporters really have been caused unnecesary grief by this episode (5 years on!) then they really are sensitive souls. In another time and another place monkey chants could be heard around Carrow Road.

I don''t consider myself to be particularly unreasonable, nor do I particularly disagree with you Suggett, but I do see the two things with Mr Ross and Everton as being rather separate.

Ross was directly representing Everton FC and was quoted in the press claiming to have heard racist chanting by our supporters. That is fact. But it is also a lie. Quite reasonably, our supporters weren''t happy and asked for an apology, something we never got.

If some went into moron mode in response that is bad, but it is also something that is separate from the initial goings on.

The fact is that Ross seemed to gleefully use a lie about what amounts to us all in to make himself look big in the media, so it is hardly surprising if some will look on the current events with an element of satisfaction/smugness.

They are as wrong as he was but he represented an entire club. Ross seemed to gleefully use a lie about us all to make himself look big in the media, and it is not surprising if some will look on the current events with an element of smugness.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Sorry Suggett, but IMO this Ross guy is a liar: he was quoted directly in the press at the time and was happy to feed anti-Norwich stories to them - in his job he was in a position to spike the story at any time.

I''m not sure why we should believe this new line that people wished ill on his family either. A liar is a liar. It is not beyond this nasty man to have made it up.[/quote]Even if someone did say that (which as you say is highly debatable coming from a man of his character) then any normal person would just say to themselves "what a sick tosser" and move on. The only reason he brought it up was to try to change the subject, and looking at some of the responses on this thread, he succeeded. He''s scum, Everton are scum. My next most hated team after Ipswich, since I don''t know when.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Oh dear, which sick individuals wished his kids would get cancer?[/quote]Don''t get sucked in, sounds like a typical line from a Scouser to me, trying to get the World to feel sorry for them, it''s surprising they have time between picking pockets to be so cunning!   - usual Scouser thing, just ignore it