occasional decent individual performances for certain players. This

performance, like impressive performances do for us, have the annoying

prospect of being followed by average and dour play thereafter for at

least awhile. Charlton on the other hand will carry on with the same

efficiency and effectiveness, bar the occasional slip up, that will see

them occupy a similar place as to the one they are at for awhile now.That

is why we struggle to ever prove successful in the league these days,

while Charlton will continue to impose their dominance for this year at

least.It''s what makes winners, and we don''t have it.

We have a totally new squad that adapated to play for a new manager at a new team.Then, after a few weeks and a devestating 7-1 a new boss is bought in so people have to re-adapt , again.Stop nay saying and appreciate the fact that today we did not give up, but came from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 with the league leaders.Come back and moan in January if we are still adrift. I bet we will be just outside / inside play offs.And im still confident of a play off spot this season.Lambert will get the job done.

some people are so negative and depressing on here , we have come back from a poor start and 2-0 down against the top side in the league with a mix n match side and one not match fit player so its not a bad result at all really , try supporting the team and not having a dig

I think we''ll make the play offs come the end of the season. When we attack, we look dangerous. When you consider half this division is full of complete and utter dross, and believe me, we''re better than that dross, we can certainly get a top half finish, and I think push hard for a play off place. We''re a couple of assured players of genuine quality away from achieving automatic promotion sadly, but if we keep playing like this under Lambert, we can make the top 6.

that was a bloody good  result today and we will be up in the playoffs at least , its only september so stop writing us off and get behind them or DONT BLOODY POST

whilst we clearly have deficiences in our side, one also has to remember that we are playing a lot of academy kids and throwing them into an unsettled side.  Not having been at the game i dont feel able to comment on the performances (or lack of) of our players but id just like to say this....If we could have 11 Grant Holts in our side we would be right up there. He really reminds me of Iwan, not the greatest footballer we will ever see but with the desire and will to get in where it hurts and lay everything on the line for the side.

Ive gotta say, this season is the first in a few that ive actually been excited when Norwich attack !I actually feel like we have the capability of MAKING the chances, finishing them will come but we are actually producing.I also think if Grant Holt keeps this up he will be one the "New Hero''s" we have been waiting for

[quote user="Downloads"]

Doesn''t change the fact that John is probably right.

We are in massive trouble as automatic promotion is gone and play-offs (if we get there) are a lottery.

Next season won''t be any easier and we are in a financial mess big time if we don''t go up.

[/quote]

Disagree. Even if we don''t go up this season, I still think we''ll go up within two further seasons, simply because year on year, we have a bigger income than 95% of the teams in this division, hence we can attract players of higher quality. We appear to have a proper manager in place now, and things are on the up. The youngsters who have come in will only get better with more experience. So the future is looking good in that respect. Yes we may well lose the higher earners at the club if we don''t go up this season. But hopefully Lambert''s knowledge of the lower leagues will mean he can identify players of genuine quality to come in, and get rid of most of Gunn''s shockers he picked up in the summer.

maybe if nelson was playing instead of spillane we wouldn''t have conceded those sloppy goals.

it seems when spillane and askou partner up, they give away goals from sloppy defending.

[quote user="Downloads"]

We are in massive trouble as automatic promotion is gone and play-offs (if we get there) are a lottery.

Next season won''t be any easier and we are in a financial mess big time if we don''t go up.

[/quote]

Oh really? I thought that the play-offs were a series of matches played under the rules of the game. You are not the first to say that it''s a lottery (unless you have been repeating the phrase on here) and it is getting on my tits. If it was a lottery then why not just toss a coin to see who goes up?

I''m not claiming it''s a bad result. Of course it isn''t, it''s bloody brilliant, especially considering the position we were in. Christ.I''m just not going to get caught upon the bandwagon that i''ve been guilty of doing almost all my life.I feel there are a host of reason''s for why we are where we are, and they''ve been here for the past 5 years, and i''m not going to turn a blind eye to that following a wave of optimism over 1 very decent result over the course of 46 games. We have issues, and i personally have a few niggling doubts as to whether we''ve overcome them.(By the way, i posted this as a thread because i felt it would be ignored as a post on the match thread, and it''s subject is a little broad for such a thread. I''m guessing it will provide enough debate to act as a thread. If you disagree, report me, i''m not tottaly fussed to be honest, but anyone calling for me to die? I think you need to look at yourself, rather persecuting me. Does the world really need people with an attiude like that against people for expressing their opinion?)

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="Downloads"]

[/quote]

Oh really? I thought that the play-offs were a series of matches played under the rules of the game. You are not the first to say that it''s a lottery (unless you have been repeating the phrase on here) and it is getting on my tits. If it was a lottery then why not just toss a coin to see who goes up?

[/quote]

Err i don''t mean it literally is a lottery, but the form team doesn''t always go up, meaning, anyone in the play-offs can go up and can''t be assumed that we will be the team to go up.

I''m not calling for negativity at all here, and if anyone has indisputable proof that we will storm the league this season, so be it, and please prove me wrong. But i''m calling for a bit of realism, so we can have a bit of constructivity following a brief wave of euphoria after a brilliant result. Too many times we''ve fallen flat on our face after something like this.

no one can supply the proof you on about but there are some good signs showing since lambert took over and when we got everyone fit and he can pick his first choice then things will be looking better still , yes we have fallen flat plenty of times but then thats football and at least we are moving in the right direction and getting some consistency and a good team spirit , what would have happened a few weeks ago if we had gone down 2-0 certainly not a fightback like today and your original post was most definatly negative GET BEHIND YOUR TEAM

[quote user="John"]I''m not claiming it''s a bad result. Of course it isn''t, it''s bloody brilliant, especially considering the position we were in. Christ.I''m just not going to get caught upon the bandwagon that i''ve been guilty of doing almost all my life.I feel there are a host of reason''s for why we are where we are, and they''ve been here for the past 5 years, and i''m not going to turn a blind eye to that following a wave of optimism over 1 very decent result over the course of 46 games. We have issues, and i personally have a few niggling doubts as to whether we''ve overcome them.(By the way, i posted this as a thread because i felt it would be ignored as a post on the match thread, and it''s subject is a little broad for such a thread. I''m guessing it will provide enough debate to act as a thread. If you disagree, report me, i''m not tottaly fussed to be honest, but anyone calling for me to die? I think you need to look at yourself, rather persecuting me. Does the world really need people with an attiude like that against people for expressing their opinion?)[/quote]FWIW, I agree with you and completely understand why you wouldn''t want to get carried away.  We''ve all been there.  Norwich 5-2 Wolves, Norwich 2-0 Ipswich.  Even under Roeder when we came back from 2-0 down against the Scum to get a 2-2 draw - each time we think a new era is about to begin, and then the only new era is an era of even greater crapness than the previous one.Do I feel differently under Lambert?We''re in League one and in Hughes and Hoolahan he has two quality ball players.  In Holt he has a quality striker.  In Smith and Adeyemi we have quality youngsters coming through.  But that''s only half a team at best.  We have a long way to go, but I do think Lambert knows what he''s doing - time will of course tell, but I feel a bit like we showed some team spirit in the 2nd half today and that makes me proud.

[quote user="canarywales"]no one can supply the proof you on about but there are some good signs showing since lambert took over and when we got everyone fit and he can pick his first choice then things will be looking better still , yes we have fallen flat plenty of times but then thats football and at least we are moving in the right direction and getting some consistency and a good team spirit , what would have happened a few weeks ago if we had gone down 2-0 certainly not a fightback like today and your original post was most definatly negative GET BEHIND YOUR TEAM[/quote]Absolutely. Interesting closing paragraph to a Charlton based match report:"By all accounts, Charlton were the weaker side and displayed that this will indeed be a very long season for Charlton Athletic."

[quote user="canarywales"]no one can supply the proof you on about but there are some good signs showing since lambert took over and when we got everyone fit and he can pick his first choice then things will be looking better still , yes we have fallen flat plenty of times but then thats football and at least we are moving in the right direction and getting some consistency and a good team spirit , what would have happened a few weeks ago if we had gone down 2-0 certainly not a fightback like today and your original post was most definatly negative GET BEHIND YOUR TEAM[/quote]

Yes, there are good signs. I could of pointed to you an absolute ton of positive signs after our game with Wolves last season. In the past few years we''ve provided very decent fightbacks against very decent opposition.But being one that keeps his feet on the ground, i''m going to be realistic, and observe and analyse previous patterns in our performances, and this is my rational assessment upon the basis of previous evidence.At the moment, your opinion is only supported by hope of improvement, and a big change in our mentallity and attitude, like we''ve all been desperately hoping for for a number of years.Don''t have a go at me for actually being rational (however i am aware this is hard to do for some people after a result like this... But please, remain civil people please.

... And i AM getting behind my team. I always have. But i''m just debating the facts, and our prospects for the season.I thought this was a forum, but am i not allowed to do that on here then?[^o)]

[quote user="Downloads"]

[/quote]

Sadly its oh so true [:(]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="John"]I''m not claiming it''s a bad result. Of course it isn''t, it''s bloody brilliant, especially considering the position we were in. Christ.I''m just not going to get caught upon the bandwagon that i''ve been guilty of doing almost all my life.I feel there are a host of reason''s for why we are where we are, and they''ve been here for the past 5 years, and i''m not going to turn a blind eye to that following a wave of optimism over 1 very decent result over the course of 46 games. We have issues, and i personally have a few niggling doubts as to whether we''ve overcome them.(By the way, i posted this as a thread because i felt it would be ignored as a post on the match thread, and it''s subject is a little broad for such a thread. I''m guessing it will provide enough debate to act as a thread. If you disagree, report me, i''m not tottaly fussed to be honest, but anyone calling for me to die? I think you need to look at yourself, rather persecuting me. Does the world really need people with an attiude like that against people for expressing their opinion?)[/quote]FWIW, I agree with you and completely understand why you wouldn''t want to get carried away.  We''ve all been there.  Norwich 5-2 Wolves, Norwich 2-0 Ipswich.  Even under Roeder when we came back from 2-0 down against the Scum to get a 2-2 draw - each time we think a new era is about to begin, and then the only new era is an era of even greater crapness than the previous one.Do I feel differently under Lambert?We''re in League one and in Hughes and Hoolahan he has two quality ball players.  In Holt he has a quality striker.  In Smith and Adeyemi we have quality youngsters coming through.  But that''s only half a team at best.  We have a long way to go, but I do think Lambert knows what he''s doing - time will of course tell, but I feel a bit like we showed some team spirit in the 2nd half today and that makes me proud.[/quote]Thank god you posted Chops!I agree with you.I have a feeling Lambert has a good understanding of his job as well. But to be honest i felt that during Roeders 14 game unbeaten run in the Championship.It''s in the balance at the moment though, all is not bad (while all is not good), but the evidence to prove we''re going to be sucessful this season, as of yet, has not been provided.

From what I''ve seen so far this season, half of League 1 is complete dross. We''re talking the Hartlepools, Exeters, Yeovils, Wycombes etc. We''re light years ahead of them. If we can stay consistent and hard to break down, and with the luck that has been missing recently evening out against the better teams, I think we could just sneak into the play offs. But the youngsters need some help. Hopefully we can get some quality in on loan....

good summary i would say John, we NEED a striker who can finish and who has pace to partner Holt.

We dont have anyone who can fit that role! Could Hoolahan possibly play there?

I noticed Charlton have an ideal player for the position we dearly need to fill, with Mckenzie only on the bench!

A player like him or their Deon burton or Lisbie is what we need. But i highly doubt were gonna get one anytime soon!

I did think Smith had a cracking game and Semi also played very well.

If we can start taking our more chances alot more often, then we will climb this league in no time!

my opinion is based on the results since lambert took over and the attitude being shown by mcnally and the fact we finally seem to have someone running things who knows what they are doing

as for remaining civil since when has telling people to leave your country been civil , are you the prime minister by chance (just for ref i am english and originally from not far away fron norwich ) and does it really matter where our supporters come from anyway ?

your point about the forum defeats itself in that you are the one yourself that doesnt seem to like post of a different opinion to yours and i did give you constructive answers you obviously just didnt read them 

[quote user="John"]We''ve probably matched Charlton at the least today, i think thats fair to say, and the obvious difference between us is our inability to be clinical in the final 3rd, and their ability not to make a hash of things when it matters, but i believe the main difference today is that we''ve thrown the kitchen sink at Charlton to get a result... They''ve hardly stepped a gear from the casual play they were playing after the first goal.

Over our next couple of fixtures, we won''t build upon this, we''ll just sit back, with the occasional decent individual performances for certain players. This performance, like impressive performances do for us, have the annoying prospect of being followed by average and dour play thereafter for at least awhile. Charlton on the other hand will carry on with the same efficiency and effectiveness, bar the occasional slip up, that will see them occupy a similar place as to the one they are at for awhile now.

That is why we struggle to ever prove successful in the league these days, while Charlton will continue to impose their dominance for this year at least.

It''s what makes winners, and we don''t have it.
[/quote]

People obviously dont like what your saying John but I agree with your point. We have seen so many excellent performances against top  of the League clubs at Carrow Road which prove to be a flash in the pan. The result and performance today are not that relevent to the long term success or failure this season, it`s whether we can motivate ourselves to play like that on a regular basis, personally I dont think we can but would be delighted to  be proved wrong.

[quote user="canarywales"]

my opinion is based on the results since lambert took over and the attitude being shown by mcnally and the fact we finally seem to have someone running things who knows what they are doing

as for remaining civil since when has telling people to leave your country been civil , are you the prime minister by chance (just for ref i am english and originally from not far away fron norwich ) and does it really matter where our supporters come from anyway ?

your point about the forum defeats itself in that you are the one yourself that doesnt seem to like post of a different opinion to yours and i did give you constructive answers you obviously just didnt read them 

[/quote]

Your constructive post was posted in the very same minute as the post John made asking you to to leave the thread, so obviously he didn''t have a chance before posting, to read your post! He did respond to it afterwards, yet 2 minutes later you were still there calling him a Tw*t. I think you should take a chill pill.

Well, John I''m very impressed that you managed to get from Carrow Road to your PC & post this by 5.01pm! Well done, I value you opinion!! [:@]

[quote user="canarywales"]

[/quote]This isn''t the first time we''ve had people in control showing a clear understanding as to the job they have undertaken. They''ve shown initial promising signs of course, as Roeder and Gunn did. However i have chosen not to get caught up on the bandwagon this time. And for what it''s worth the evidence they have provided is by no means solid, they have made mistakes (and who knows? Maybe more damaging ones will begin to materialise as the season goes on, as they did under our previous 3 managers... Maybe not? But you really can''t say at the moment), and their ''success'' is only seen as such when supported by a huge amount of hope for change and a better future.After being threatened in the manner i was, i think you must have a lot of cheek to say that.Of course it doesn''t matter where you''re from, you''ve completely missed my point (why associate race with this? Thats a bit of the blue?), it''s your attitude to freedom of speech, and expression of ones opinion i want out of my society.I may not like a differing opinion (who does? Lets be honest...), but i''m happy to debate it.And you didn''t give me consructive answers (and i did read them). You''ve just given me a load of hyped up nonsense and abuse.... To be honest, i have no idea why i''m even bothering with you, you''re probably just going to insult and make wild accusations toward me again anyway....

[quote user="Iwan is God"]Well, John I''m very impressed that you managed to get from Carrow Road to your PC & post this by 5.01pm! Well done, I value you opinion!! [:@][/quote]Like i said on the match thread, i''m not claiming infallibility here. And if someone comes on here after having watched the game providing a better assessment of the game than i (which in truth is of little relevance to my point anyway, we only really need know to know we put in an impressive performance to debate this particular subject), then i am forever willing to submit to that.

[quote user="Canary Poirot"]From what I''ve seen so far this season, half of League 1 is complete dross. We''re talking the Hartlepools, Exeters, Yeovils, Wycombes etc. We''re light years ahead of them. [/quote]I don''t think we are that far ahead, to be honest.  Walsall were in there and if we can''t break them down and draw 0-0, we''re pretty much "dross" ourselves.