Sign in to follow this  
macdougalls perm

England vs Germany womens' final

Sorry to say I''ve got split loyalties here.  Dad from Norwich but Mum from Germany.  The clincher is that I was also born over there while my Dad was in the Army so it''s Deutschland uber alles for me.  Sorry!

It seems that Carney was so bad at playing in the mens game, he is now playing in the womens game, ENG 1-2 GER Boo!!

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Not interested, Women''s football is pathetically feeble,

I''ve also always questioned the motives of men who get involved with coaching womens football?

[/quote]

You''ve watched a lot of women''s football, have you? I suspect not.

As for men coaching in the girls'' / women''s game, there are a lot of men like me who do so because of their daughter''s involvement in teams. And I have to say that it''s much more enjoyable than coaching boys'' / men a lot of the time. No loud-mouthed prima donnas on the pitch, and players who want to listen to the coaching.

I have to say that your comments are sexist and ignorant.        

[quote user="Bongo Boy"]....I bet theres not a spare hairdryer or mirror in the  ground!! [/quote]errrr, notwe are more in the realms of pipes and tweeds suit hereperhaps ''Butch''  Wilkins might suit as a coach

[quote user="Dronny Canary"]

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]We are still 2-0 up on World Wars though...[/quote]

Wasn''t that more a case of Germany v Rest of the World?!

[/quote]

they started it  .. you can`t go goose stepping round europe and north africa and expect to get away with it indefinately  [:D]

[quote user="pennywise "][quote user="Dronny Canary"]

[/quote]

they started it  .. you can`t go goose stepping round europe and north africa and expect to get away with it indefinately  [:D]

[/quote]

Thank you, Basil Fawlty, but the Germans did not start WWI.

[quote user="Houston Canary"][quote user="pennywise "][quote user="Dronny Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

of course not it was those bloody trouble making poles  [:|]

[quote user="pennywise "][quote user="Houston Canary"][quote user="pennywise "][quote user="Dronny Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

sorry didn`t see the WW1  bit..  must wear my glasses more you are quite correct houston it was something to do with franz ferdinand  wasn`t it ? ..   [:D]

[quote user="B-ru"]

The trophy looks nicer than some of the German players...

[/quote]

I reckon that is pretty big and beautiful cup... about a EE? what do you think?

[quote user="pennywise "][quote user="pennywise "][quote user="Houston Canary"][quote user="pennywise "][quote user="Dronny Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

sorry didn`t see the WW1  bit..  must wear my glasses more you are quite correct houston it was something to do with franz ferdinand  wasn`t it ? ..   [:D]

[/quote]
 I was about to reply to the first comment but am glad I read the second one before I made an self righteous buffoon of myself.

Another good one by B-ru! Cheers!

[quote user="Houston Canary"][quote user="pennywise "][quote user="pennywise "][quote user="Houston Canary"][quote user="pennywise "][quote user="Dronny Canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
 I was about to reply to the first comment but am glad I read the second one before I made an self righteous buffoon of myself.

Another good one by B-ru! Cheers!

[/quote]

Whoever started it, just pointing out it wasn''t just England v Germany! There were a few other "participants"!

[quote user="Dronny Canary"]

Whoever started it, just pointing out it wasn''t just England v Germany! There were a few other "participants"!

[/quote]I believe ''England'' had a few Scots, Welsh and Irish pitch in to help from time to time making it altogether more of a ''British'' team event.[:S] They may even have had some help from other countries.......And FWIW seeeing as they only do ancient Egypt and the Tudors in history today:The asassination of Ferdinand by Princip in Sarajevo was simply the catalyst more than the actual cause of WW1 as the Balkan countries were basically just looking for an excuse to kick off anyway. It was actually Austro-Hungary who declared war initially but the first recognised large scale hostile action of the war was the German invasion of Belgium on the 4th August 1914, though Jerry had already marched into Luxembourg without resistance two days earlier.So while the others were still posturing Germany had invaded Luxembourg, Belgium and bizarrely parts of Africa and still found time to declare war on Russia.

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="Dronny Canary"]

[/quote]

I believe ''England'' had a few Scots, Welsh and Irish pitch in to help from time to time making it altogether more of a ''British'' team event.[:S] They may even have had some help from other countries.......

And FWIW seeeing as they only do ancient Egypt and the Tudors in history today:

The asassination of Ferdinand by Princip in Sarajevo was simply the catalyst more than the actual cause of WW1 as the Balkan countries were basically just looking for an excuse to kick off anyway. It was actually Austro-Hungary who declared war initially but the first recognised large scale hostile action of the war was the German invasion of Belgium on the 4th August 1914, though Jerry had already marched into Luxembourg without resistance two days earlier.

So while the others were still posturing Germany had invaded Luxembourg, Belgium and bizarrely parts of Africa and still found time to declare war on Russia.
[/quote]

"Don''t mention the War!"

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

"Don''t mention the War!"

[/quote]

( I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it).
[/quote]

"Are you Nelson in disguise?!"  HOOF