Sign in to follow this  
Canarydan82

The Season starts Saturday!

Over the summer being a Norwich supporter has been a rollercoaster.

The facts since the summer so far are, in order;

1. Gunn new manager

2. Mcnally and other new board members

3. Bye bye Clingan, Croft, Marshall, Pattison Etc

4. 12 new signings - See what happens with them

5. A great pre-season, very optomistic for league 1 promotion

6. A disaster on the first day of the season

7. A hug from Delia, never mind Gunn - vote of confidence

8. A convincing win over Yeovil

9. Bye bye Gunn? - strange?

10. A useful point at Exeter, but could of lost - mediocre performance

11. Paul Lambert manager - Thank god - watching from the stands

12. Awful display last night - Lambert making notes

13. Lambert in Charge today

14. Bye bye Butterworth & Crook?

Now despite all of the above over the last few weeks/months. I want to forget all about this, and move on. As a loyal city supporter I only want to concentrate on the future, not living in the past, sacking the board etc.

Lets forget the last 3 games.

The Season starts Saturday!

Anyone else feeling the same way?

I hope the team can have a similar mentality under Lambert. I doubt Southampton are writing off their promotion chances just yet and we are in a better position than them in the league...

The season started on the 8th August and come tea time Saturday we could already be 11 points adrift of Colchester,Leeds, and Charlton.That is the reality.[:''(]Lets hope Paul Lambert can do something with our shambles of a squad or we''ll be reading things like "well it was Gunns squad" come the end of the season as we stare another relegation in the face.

Good idea but I think you could well be making the same post in a month''s time and again at regular intervals throughout the season.

"Good idea but I think you could well be making the same post in a month''s time and again at regular intervals throughout the season."

Um... how many new managers are you predicting for this season then? Regular new managers? Thats a new one, even for us!

Has Pattison gone then? Where? For a fee?

Sorry, I''ve been on holiday for a couple of weeks but hadn''t picked up on this since I got back.

Oh, and yes the season HAS to start from Saturday, we''re already 8 points adrift from the top 3.

Nope. Sorry! The season started on the 8th. I wouldn''t expect a magic wand effect from Lambert either. Something we (and he too) now know is that the squad are not as good as we''d imagined and confidence is shot through. If he gets in there and we see changes in results from the off then good on him, but I''d be more patient with him than that!

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]The season started on the 8th August and come tea time Saturday we could already be 11 points adrift of Colchester,Leeds, and Charlton.

That is the reality.[:''(]
Lets hope Paul Lambert can do something with our shambles of a squad or we''ll be reading things like "well it was Gunns squad" come the end of the season as we stare another relegation in the face.
[/quote]

Well said, seems like some are in denial

I''m inclined to agree that it starts on Saturday. When Gunn was given the boot I thought we must at least have a new manager in place before the next home game. With the players uncertain over the goings on at the club and Ian Butterworth and Ian Crook unsure of their own futures, I think it''s fair to say they were probably struggling to get their heads into these games against Exeter and Brentford. If anything, ANY point/points we could get from those two games under the circumstances would be welcome and the Exeter point was basically a bonus! I think we''ll beat Wycombe. Hopefully the "new manager" effect will come through. I''ll take ANY Score against Wycombe so long as we win. I believe Lambert will have to work seriously hard on trying to restore players'' confidence before the game and the defence needs to be sorted out, but attacking wise I do think we''ve got enough in the tank to see us through. 

The season has to start on Saturday and with the right approach I''m sure it will. Ok, we only have one point from a possible nine, but there are still 129 points left to play for and so all is not lost by any means. Let''s help to give our brilliant new manager the best possible start by being positive. Negativity breeds negativity in my view.

Dunno if Lambert is our man but i know hes going to be damn better than Gunn.If i had £5 for everytime i thought that "This was the Norwich turning point" id be rich, we all had our hopes raised and hearts broken steadily every few months since the Worthy regime to be honest.OTBC, what can we do but hope !

My thoughts exactly Nexus... the season has to start for us on saturday and to be honest... we only have hope left... hope in that McNally has only just started stage one of his plan and that there is money left with him knowing Lambert was gonna be approached in the first place... oh how we can hope!

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]The season started on the 8th August and come tea time Saturday we could already be 11 points adrift of Colchester,Leeds, and Charlton.

That is the reality.[:''(]
Lets hope Paul Lambert can do something with our shambles of a squad or we''ll be reading things like "well it was Gunns squad" come the end of the season as we stare another relegation in the face.
[/quote]

Well said, Inch.

Its almost as if we are fighting a 10 point deduction without actually going into administration.!

I went to watch Wycombe play Southend last night and suffice to say if we not beat Wycombe we will be in trouble this season. They looked solid at the back but offered very little in midfield and up front. The goal they scored was from an ex Southend player (so bound to score anyway!)

[quote user="National express striking guard "]matty went to some south african side, no fee was mentioned.and yes, the season starts saturday, if we lose then, then we can moan and groan!!![/quote]

Thanks.

I agree, the season does now start Saturday.

In McNally we''ve now had one of the most significant changes at the club in many a year, we''ve now got a man calling the shots who only cares about football which is why i think people should allow themselves to hope a bit more this season, we''ve seen the kind of ruthlessness and quick decision making that we thought we''d never see at this club again.

Chin up guys theres 129 points to play for yet.