Sign in to follow this  
E I E I E I O

Will Lambert drop the Doc?

I think that everyone knows my point of view, of course we should get rid of the Doc,, play Askou and Spillane in the middle and number one priority find a decent right back. Has Lambert got the money who knows,but he and Culverhouse have enough about them not to be conned any longer.OTBC.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Sing up the river end "][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Snakepit boys"]After seeing his strikers at the mighty Colchester put 7 past us with the worst defending buffon at the helm. Surely our new man will spot that he is not actually a footballer and has been conning us under the trade descriptions act for the past 3 managers and years of wages!On this decision I will judge Mr Lambert, drop Doc and find a replacement as your number 1 priority and you will do just fine for me.If he remains then you are no better than the last 3 and I am afraid you will fail and meet the same demise as our other excuses for a manager.Your judgement with me cometh through the Doc.Please make it so and move our club forward![/quote]3rd place player of the season last year.  Man of the match vs Exeter according to the EDP.  But don''t let the facts stop your petty blind hatred.[/quote]3rd in the player of the year.I think its mainly the river end that votes.They have problems seeing the pitch let alone whos playing.They just voted for the outfield player nearest :).As he drops 20 yards behind everyone else it was him.Jokeing apart,Next time you go study his positional play and how far he does drop back,how quick he turns then tell me you think the same about him.Most of the last ditch challenges a lot of defenders would of stood up and cleared before he got there.Sorry never have and never will rate the guy.He trys, but sadly not good enough[/quote]All I''ll say is this: on a consistent basis, we concede fewer goals when Doc is one of the centre backs than we do when he''s not playing.    Statistics bear me out on this.

[/quote]And I''ll say is we have conceded far too many goals for too many

seasons and guess who has been the constant in all this. We need a

Taylor and Askou type pairing and then we will progress. Doc and A.N

other we will not!

Build from the back its the way we need to go!

Even Carl Cort is giving the Doc a hard time, how people defend him is beyond me.Gives away a dangerous free kick on the edge of the box, just rely on the opposition to miss!He actually makes my skin crawl!

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]Even Carl Cort is giving the Doc a hard time, how people defend him is beyond me.Gives away a dangerous free kick on the edge of the box, just rely on the opposition to miss!He actually makes my skin crawl![/quote]I have a little pang of fear when ever i hear his name on the ball :(It shouldnt be like that !!Already made a mistake as well as that fk

so the FACT that he ran straight into doc and made the most of it with doc no where to go hence why he didnt get booked as got nothing to do with it. the amount of people on here that obviously dont understand football and how to play makes me laugh

Do you ever go to games?

If you do i don''t know what games you have been watching go throw your ticket at someone on the bench and get banned do us all a favour.

Moaning and groaning when ever Doc gets the ball your the sort of person who voted that fat clueless winger Croft player of the season.

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]so the FACT that he ran straight into doc and made the most of it with doc no where to go hence why he didnt get booked as got nothing to do with it. the amount of people on here that obviously dont understand football and how to play makes me laugh[/quote]Did you see how quiet Ledley King kept Torres the other day? that is defending, The Doc is making Carl Cort sound dangerous!Why did you not apply for the managers job if you know everything.You make me laugh defending the un-defendable!

Croft was even worse, in fact they were all that bad anybody I know with any sense did not vote as the players were not worth a trip to the post box.Croft was absolutely Crap!

considering he got MOM at exeter doesnt sound to me like defending the undefendable, you obviously didnt see many games last season when i know its not the best example but was one of our better players and we would have been relegated long before Charlton if it wasnt for DocCort looked good at times last season when he was here but guessing you didnt see them either

from live coverage by Michael:Michael Bailey:  No

Jim, not especially. The CB pairing looks fairly solid. It''s the

central midfield pair that are struggling. I''d bring on Hughes second

half.
8:19
[Comment From Jim] Was Doherty having a mere when you wasnt updating?

back four look solid which includes doc!!!! according to my bro who is there gill hardly touched the ball, cody looking bit sluggish, whaley looking the livliest he has seen, should be 3-1 to us apparently

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]back four look solid which includes doc!!!! according to my bro who is there gill hardly touched the ball, cody looking bit sluggish, whaley looking the livliest he has seen, should be 3-1 to us apparently[/quote]That solid that we have conceaded yet another goal.Another league game without a clean sheet in division 3.

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]Doc will stay in the team and will prove that once again he will be one of our most consistent performers
[/quote]

Yep he is - consitantly bad

Another game in the league where we don''t have a clean sheet.

Its not Docs fault obviously, its everyone elses fault.

Well it seems pretty unanimous that its the midfield - those I know at the game, the radio AND the text summary all say that the back 4 was ok,  but the midfield offered no protection.  You keep hitting even the best wall with a small hammer and eventually it will crumble - the same with our midfield,  offer no proection and eventually we will conceed and because they cant get or keep the ball we wont score either.  Sound familiar?? 

No one pointingout the needless free kick conceeded for their winning goal??  In three days time that will have been doc that will... 

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Unless we go Askou - Stef i dont think we can drop Doc right yet [8o|]

BUT.... Lambert will get browny points from me if he does drop Doc.

Wonder who our new team cap will be ??

GRANT HOLT
GRANT HOLT
GRANT HOLT

[/quote]

I thought things had already gone askew?

Doherty was on top form today, we only let in 2 goals against the mighty Brentford. So far he''s played in all 3 league games and we''ve kept no clean sheets and conceded only 10 goals, keep up the good work doc!

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Well it seems pretty unanimous that its the midfield - those I know at the game, the radio AND the text summary all say that the back 4 was ok,  but the midfield offered no protection.  You keep hitting even the best wall with a small hammer and eventually it will crumble - the same with our midfield,  offer no proection and eventually we will conceed and because they cant get or keep the ball we wont score either.  Sound familiar?? 

No one pointingout the needless free kick conceeded for their winning goal??  In three days time that will have been doc that will... 

[/quote]God it is stubborn, defend them to the hilt NCFC fan idiots like you that make us the club we have become.Wake up and smell the cofffee. The wall is bloody non existant with this complete and utter joke for a defender playing in our side. Christ we are in the 3rd division they are not hitting it with a hammer they dont have one. They are probably using a leatherman and we are still conceding a Shit load of goals.People like you make me bloody angry!

What''s wrong with playing Cureton at CB?He made a bloody good job of keeping the ball out of the net last season.

For the twit who keeps ranting on about statistics prove D''OH-erty is great, consider the fact we lose way more than we win or draw when he plays.  The offense shuts down when he is playing because they have to spend so much time at the wrong end of the pitch. Even if your stats prove we conceded more goals when Taylor was back there with Shackell, the same stats prove we gained a heck of a lot more points with that duo in back and the offensive part of the game allowed to work properly.

How many relegations do you want him to anchor our defense to? How many negative goal differences do you want him to anchor our team to? His shocking blunders eliminate any good play he may have done during a game when a win becomes a draw due to him. Now as captain, the team is useless when we concede first.  The captain is not supposed to let this happen. He is cr@p as captain and a worthless pud as a defender.  I really wish I was wrong about him. 

After another scintillating evening’s entertainment in West London why of why do we persist with Gary ‘You can call me Muffin’ Doherty?

So long as a that lumbering oaf is playing we haven’t got a cats chance in hell, he is a liability and synonymous with failure and the continued decline of our club, replace him and we might yet have a fighting chance of getting something out of this season, persist and it will be another miserable season ahead. 

The midfield IS the problem area and has been for a very long time- despite us signing upteen useless freebies to try and solve the problem.

It says a lot when our BEST tough midfielder is 17 years old...

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]God it is stubborn, defend them to the hilt NCFC fan idiots like you that make us the club we have become.People like you make me bloody angry![/quote]You said yourself there were worse players last season, and this. Otsemobor, Croft, Fotheringham, Cureton etc etc. And now you''re blaming the whole mess on the one player that may have actually deserved to stay in the (shower of a) team over the course of the last few years!People like you, who think there''s a magic bullet and it only needs to kill Doherty to make the team play well, make me bloody angry. There''s 11 players. If you''re enough of a simpleton to believe that changing one player will make the team win, you''re even less intelligent than this thread makes you out to be.

Houston - I think you''ll find we lose way more than we win or draw whether Doc plays or not. Now I certainly wouldn''t build a team around him but if anyone thinks replacing him is the answer to all our problems they are in for a rude awakening.

Exactly what Mook and NN said.Funnily enough I thought the central defenders did reasonably well for most of the match but the midfield was a massive weak link, particularly in the second half. We just couldn''t get hold of the ball at all and they overwhelmed us. It was pretty pathetic to be honest. You could have taken out the Doc for any other of our defenders and the result would have been the same. Put a decent midfielder in there, on the other hand...