Sign in to follow this  
NCFCanary

Chinese Consortium takeover/investment imminent.

[quote user="NCFCanary"]

I don''t need to fight my case over this whole thread.. just wait until it breaks.

And be prepared for me to bring up this thread again !

[/quote]

Yep just like my take away.

Oh sorry should not have said that then again I might just have got away with it!

Anyone remember an asian comedy programme called "Goodness gracious me!" ????One could say it''s racism. I think not though. I think it''s called humour.CLICK

I notice there are a number of jokes at the chinese expense. Im not complaining but what I will say is in the past ive made off the cuff remarks about chinese such as "im having a chinky tonight", "gooks" and "slope eyes" and I get called a racist. Funny how the same people who call me racist are the same ones making these racist jokes.

[quote user="Messiah"]Anyone remember an asian comedy programme called "Goodness gracious me!" ????

One could say it''s racism. I think not though. I think it''s called humour.

CLICK
[/quote]

Was that the crap show with them pakis?

Yes, the scenes when they were in the restaurants was priceless, '''' so what are you doing tonight''''?  ''''We thought we''d pop out for an English''''.  lol

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Yes, the scenes when they were in the restaurants was priceless, '''' so what are you doing tonight''''?  ''''We thought we''d pop out for an English''''.  lol[/quote]

That scene was quite funny. P.S. When I said "paki" there should have been a wink like this....[;)] Apologies to anyone offended.

[quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle OBE CBE OAP"]

P.S. When I said "paki" there should have been a wink like this....[;)] Apologies to anyone offended.

[/quote]

Sorry Arthur but you''re nowhere near liberal enough to use racial epithets like that and then claim you were being ironic.

I can do it whenever I like of course because I''m a PC-loving, pinko Guardianista [;)]

Hi mate. I''m one of the drivers at NXEA and I''ve heard this one from a good source. I know there''s definitely been a Chinese businessman at the club regularly for the last month and he also has a colleague from the same company with him, who has ties to the local area. Just wondered if it was me you overheard???!

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle OBE CBE OAP"]

P.S. When I said "paki" there should have been a wink like this....[;)] Apologies to anyone offended.

[/quote]

Sorry Arthur but you''re nowhere near liberal enough to use racial epithets like that and then claim you were being ironic.

I can do it whenever I like of course because I''m a PC-loving, pinko Guardianista [;)]

[/quote]You''re more liberal than Prince William ?  Surely not ! [:o]

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle OBE CBE OAP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]You''re more liberal than Prince Harry ?  Surely not ! [:o]

[quote user="w1seguy"]Hi mate. I''m one of the drivers at NXEA and I''ve heard this one from a good source. I know there''s definitely been a Chinese businessman at the club regularly for the last month and he also has a colleague from the same company with him, who has ties to the local area. Just wondered if it was me you overheard???!
[/quote]

Nope not you sorry mate.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle OBE CBE OAP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You''re more liberal than Prince Harry ?  Surely not ! [:o]
[/quote]

I don''t think Prince Harry (we''ll ignore your original post [;)]) was attempting irony. In fact I''m pretty sure that he think that irony is that thing his servants do to put creases in his trousers [:D]

[quote user="NCFCanary"]

[quote user="w1seguy"]Hi mate. I''m one of the drivers at NXEA and I''ve heard this one from a good source. I know there''s definitely been a Chinese businessman at the club regularly for the last month and he also has a colleague from the same company with him, who has ties to the local area. Just wondered if it was me you overheard???![/quote]

Nope not you sorry mate.

[/quote]Sorry, my reply was supposed to be to "striking nxea guard"Wires crossed!

Roy has now been home for his tea and has said there is no truth in the rumour about the takeover!Well that concludes my investigations.Nothing doing from the "RayJoe" boys, so I''ll file this under BS but will gladly pump your hand if it all comes true OP!

[quote user="Andy Larkin"]Roy has now been home for his tea and has said there is no truth in the rumour about the takeover!

Well that concludes my investigations.

Nothing doing from the "RayJoe" boys, so I''ll file this under BS but will gladly pump your hand if it all comes true OP!
[/quote]

The BBC obviously want to keep it on the down low incase it compromises any takeover that may be affected if the story breaks too soon. Can see their reasoning for denying it all...

[quote user="avenging canary"]Bring back Jim Davidson, all is forgiven!! This isn''t cultural comment, harmless fun or ''life''. It is nothing short of small minded, ignorant racism. If joining in such shameful banter is to develop a sense of humour, I''ll do without.[/quote]

You''ve done without a sense of humor this long, why change now?

There are only 3 or 4 races on Earth. Chinese is not a race. It is not even A single culture or A single language. If the comments were about zipperheads or sneaky yellow devils, then that would be RACist.  They are about various aspects of various Chinese cultures or steroetypes associated with the Chinese specifically (not the Viet Namese, or Japanese or Thais).

Downloads, if you were to be fired for making light hearted banter, you would win a wrongful dismissal case easily, and your company would be shamed for being so reactionary.  We make jokes about ourselves all the time and nobody cries racism or anti- anything then. Why not?  Because we all know it is just some harmless jokes.  When we make them about someone else, the rules do not change. Or do they?  They shouldn''t, and I''m not going to pretend they do just because you want to. 

And you admit you get threads like this removed?  So you''re the wuss. We have been wondering. Thanks for the heads-up.

[quote user="NCFCanary"]

[quote user="Andy Larkin"]Roy has now been home for his tea and has said there is no truth in the rumour about the takeover!

Well that concludes my investigations.

Nothing doing from the "RayJoe" boys, so I''ll file this under BS but will gladly pump your hand if it all comes true OP!
[/quote]

The BBC obviously want to keep it on the down low incase it compromises any takeover that may be affected if the story breaks too soon. Can see their reasoning for denying it all...

[/quote]

Thats one reason, the other is you are talking out of your arse mate![;)]

I am really not! You couldn''t believe how frustrating it is to be classed as a worker from the rumour mill when what I have said i know has substance!! But then again why should people think that this isn''t just another sad pr**k on his computer with nothing better to do? Aaaah so annoying!! [8o|]

[quote user="NCFCanary"]

I am really not! You couldn''t believe how frustrating it is to be classed as a worker from the rumour mill when what I have said i know has substance!! But then again why should people think that this isn''t just another sad pr**k on his computer with nothing better to do? Aaaah so annoying!! [8o|]

[/quote]

So leave the thread now and if it happens then resurrect it, for now it''s just a rumour and nothing more.  If it ever was to happen and it was the Chinese as you so clearly state then I will be one of those to come and apologise.

[quote user="NCFCanary"]

[/quote]

It wasn''t a ''worker'' they were calling you..

[quote user="NCFCanary"]

[/quote]

[quote user="NCFCanary"]

[/quote]

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

There are only 3 or 4 races on Earth. Chinese is not a race. It is not even A single culture or A single language. If the comments were about zipperheads or sneaky yellow devils, then that would be RACist.  They are about various aspects of various Chinese cultures or steroetypes associated with the Chinese specifically (not the Viet Namese, or Japanese or Thais).

Downloads, if you were to be fired for making light hearted banter, you would win a wrongful dismissal case easily, and your company would be shamed for being so reactionary.  We make jokes about ourselves all the time and nobody cries racism or anti- anything then. Why not?  Because we all know it is just some harmless jokes.  When we make them about someone else, the rules do not change. Or do they?  They shouldn''t, and I''m not going to pretend they do just because you want to. 

And you admit you get threads like this removed?  So you''re the wuss. We have been wondering. Thanks for the heads-up.

[/quote]

Houston, please chalk this up as some kind of record WE AGREE!!

[quote user="NCFCanary"]

[/quote]

If I was you I think I''d leave it at that mate, you''ll never convince anyone on here you are telling the truth so if it does happen you can then give all the doubters as much stick as they''re giving you now. The more you try and convince people that you''re telling the truth the less they are likely to believe you.

[quote user="Larry David"][quote user="NCFCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Larry, have you developed a stammer?

Everyone of your posts is coming out three times,three times,three times.

[quote user="Larry David"][quote user="NCFCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

A figure of speech and i know what you are implying..