Sign in to follow this  
NCFCanary

Chinese Consortium takeover/investment imminent.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="NCFCanary"]

I am really not! You couldn''t believe how frustrating it is to be classed as a worker from the rumour mill when what I have said i know has substance!! But then again why should people think that this isn''t just another sad pr**k on his computer with nothing better to do? Aaaah so annoying!! [8o|]

[/quote]

So leave the thread now and if it happens then resurrect it, for now it''s just a rumour and nothing more.  If it ever was to happen and it was the Chinese as you so clearly state then I will be one of those to come and apologise.

[/quote]

Will do WAY [Y] I don''t know the time frame but after a few months this thread will be back [H]

[quote user="NCFCanary"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="NCFCanary"]

I am really not! You couldn''t believe how frustrating it is to be classed as a worker from the rumour mill when what I have said i know has substance!! But then again why should people think that this isn''t just another sad pr**k on his computer with nothing better to do? Aaaah so annoying!! [8o|]

[/quote]

So leave the thread now and if it happens then resurrect it, for now it''s just a rumour and nothing more.  If it ever was to happen and it was the Chinese as you so clearly state then I will be one of those to come and apologise.

[/quote]

Will do WAY [Y] I don''t know the time frame but after a few months this thread will be back [H]

[/quote]

I was ratherhoping that it would happen in weeks not months if it happens at all.

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="NCFCanary"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="NCFCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I was ratherhoping that it would happen in weeks not months if it happens at all.

[/quote]

Well one of the questions is have the shareholders been notified?  That''s the first question I can answer (but only personally), spoken to a friend who is a shareholder and he has not heard from the club at all.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="NCFCanary"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="NCFCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well one of the questions is have the shareholders been notified?  That''s the first question I can answer (but only personally), spoken to a friend who is a shareholder and he has not heard from the club at all.

[/quote]

How much notice would shareholders be given if something like this was going to happen?

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="NCFCanary"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="NCFCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Like i said it should be weeks but we know what our football club is like !! Unless something falls through or if Delia rejects their offer then this is happening.

Peace out [Y]

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Downloads, if you were to be fired for making light hearted banter, you would win a wrongful dismissal case easily, and your company would be shamed for being so reactionary.  We make jokes about ourselves all the time and nobody cries racism or anti- anything then. Why not?  Because we all know it is just some harmless jokes.  When we make them about someone else, the rules do not change. Or do they?  They shouldn''t, and I''m not going to pretend they do just because you want to. 

And you admit you get threads like this removed?  So you''re the wuss. We have been wondering. Thanks for the heads-up.[/quote]

Who is to determine whast is light hearted and who would be offended by what? I work for the government and it would definitely not be tolerated, that i can guarantee you. Of course i wouldn''t get fired first off, but if i continued to air views as these, i would be fired.

I''m no wuss, i''ll happily take it outside.

I wouldn''t ask for comments on this thread to be removed, it doesn''t interest me, but i have had a couple removed previously. Someone''s comments regarding females which was incredibly insulting, i love my wife and wouldn''t expect anyone to speak about a woman as they did and someone elses racist comment, which was more obvious than anything on this thread. I care not for what you think and would do the same everytime.

So in summary, go do one.

[quote user="Downloads"] I work for the government and it would definitely not be tolerated, that i can guarantee you. [/quote]

Ah, that explains it then - totally out of touch with what the majority of people in this Country, and that includes ehtnics, think.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

[quote user="avenging canary"]Bring back Jim Davidson, all is forgiven!! This isn''t cultural comment, harmless fun or ''life''. It is nothing short of small minded, ignorant racism. If joining in such shameful banter is to develop a sense of humour, I''ll do without.[/quote]

You''ve done without a sense of humor this long, why change now?

[/quote]

Without a hint of irony; priceless. I''ll ignore the Americanism.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

There are only 3 or 4 races on Earth. Chinese is not a race. It is not even A single culture or A single language. If the comments were about zipperheads or sneaky yellow devils, then that would be RACist.  They are about various aspects of various Chinese cultures or steroetypes associated with the Chinese specifically (not the Viet Namese, or Japanese or Thais).

Downloads, if you were to be fired for making light hearted banter, you would win a wrongful dismissal case easily, and your company would be shamed for being so reactionary.  We make jokes about ourselves all the time and nobody cries racism or anti- anything then. Why not?  Because we all know it is just some harmless jokes.  When we make them about someone else, the rules do not change. Or do they?  They shouldn''t, and I''m not going to pretend they do just because you want to. 

And you admit you get threads like this removed?  So you''re the wuss. We have been wondering. Thanks for the heads-up.

[/quote]

You keep telling yourself that; fingers in ears, ''lah, lah, lah''....

[quote user="w1seguy"]Hi mate. I''m one of the drivers at NXEA and I''ve heard this one from a good source. I know there''s definitely been a Chinese businessman at the club regularly for the last month and he also has a colleague from the same company with him, who has ties to the local area. Just wondered if it was me you overheard???![/quote]Oh so you''re one of those greedy buggers who ruined my train journeys for 5 days.  Well done to you.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="w1seguy"]Hi mate. I''m one of the drivers at NXEA and I''ve heard this one from a good source. I know there''s definitely been a Chinese businessman at the club regularly for the last month and he also has a colleague from the same company with him, who has ties to the local area. Just wondered if it was me you overheard???![/quote]Oh so you''re one of those greedy buggers who ruined my train journeys for 5 days.  Well done to you.[/quote]To be honest, I wouldn''t of expected you to congratulate me if your train journeys had been disrupted, but thanks all the same.....

[quote user="kdncfc"]

How much notice would shareholders be given if something like this was going to happen?

[/quote]An announcement has to be made to shareholders as soon as the club receives notification from a would-be buyer that they have a firm intention to make a takeover offer.

[quote user="Downloads"][quote user="Houston Canary"]Downloads, if you were to be fired for making light hearted banter, you would win a wrongful dismissal case easily, and your company would be shamed for being so reactionary.  We make jokes about ourselves all the time and nobody cries racism or anti- anything then. Why not?  Because we all know it is just some harmless jokes.  When we make them about someone else, the rules do not change. Or do they?  They shouldn''t, and I''m not going to pretend they do just because you want to. 

And you admit you get threads like this removed?  So you''re the wuss. We have been wondering. Thanks for the heads-up.[/quote]

Who is to determine whast is light hearted and who would be offended by what? I work for the government and it would definitely not be tolerated, that i can guarantee you. Of course i wouldn''t get fired first off, but if i continued to air views as these, i would be fired.

I wouldn''t ask for comments on this thread to be removed, it doesn''t interest me, but i have had a couple removed previously. Someone''s comments regarding females which was incredibly insulting, i love my wife and wouldn''t expect anyone to speak about a woman as they did and someone elses racist comment, which was more obvious than anything on this thread. I care not for what you think and would do the same everytime.

[/quote]

Who is to determine if a comment is light hearted, you ask.  Umm, I guess the people in on the conversation. Porbalby people observing it could tell too, by the body language.  You are confusing banter with, as you call it, airing views.  I seriously doubt anyone who made a joke here really was being offensive, and I am equally sure anyone of Chinese origin would not be bothered by the comments because they would know it was in jest. Only people who want to be victims and look for reasons to become one would be bothered by the chatter.

Having threads you find offensive removed definitely does make you a wuss.  Then announcing here that you do this makes you not only a wuss, but a Martin Prince quality wuss.  He''s the nerd in Bart Simpson''s class who does annoying things like reminding the teacher she forgot to assign homework. The tattle tale. The wuss.  Whhaaaaaaa, I don''t like it, so NOBODY should be allowed to see it.

Your approach is a very dangerous one. Limiting people''s freedom of expression in a forum like this is never a good thing. I love my wife, too, and I want her to know what people think so she doesn''t make bad decisions out of ignorance. Your protective approach only serves to make your wife more likely to be a victim, not less. 

I aprreciate the keyboard warrior approach you took in responding to me.  I can do that too but I find it embarrassing to make physical challenges to people I will never meet.  But if I did meet you, I''d kick your a__. [:D]

[quote user="NCFCanary"]

[quote user="Andy Larkin"]Roy has now been home for his tea and has said there is no truth in the rumour about the takeover!Well that concludes my investigations.Nothing doing from the "RayJoe" boys, so I''ll file this under BS but will gladly pump your hand if it all comes true OP![/quote]

The BBC obviously want to keep it on the down low incase it compromises any takeover that may be affected if the story breaks too soon. Can see their reasoning for denying it all...

[/quote]Or maybe you''re just a nasty little troll spreading pointless rumours.  Hmm, who can tell?And there are so many who want to believe...[img]http://paxarcana.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/scully_mulder.jpg[/img]

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Who is to determine if a comment is light hearted, you ask.  Umm, I guess the people in on the conversation. Porbalby people observing it could tell too, by the body language.  You are confusing banter with, as you call it, airing views.  I seriously doubt anyone who made a joke here really was being offensive, and I am equally sure anyone of Chinese origin would not be bothered by the comments because they would know it was in jest. Only people who want to be victims and look for reasons to become one would be bothered by the chatter.

Having threads you find offensive removed definitely does make you a wuss.  Then announcing here that you do this makes you not only a wuss, but a Martin Prince quality wuss.  He''s the nerd in Bart Simpson''s class who does annoying things like reminding the teacher she forgot to assign homework. The tattle tale. The wuss.  Whhaaaaaaa, I don''t like it, so NOBODY should be allowed to see it.

Your approach is a very dangerous one. Limiting people''s freedom of expression in a forum like this is never a good thing. I love my wife, too, and I want her to know what people think so she doesn''t make bad decisions out of ignorance. Your protective approach only serves to make your wife more likely to be a victim, not less. 

I aprreciate the keyboard warrior approach you took in responding to me.  I can do that too but I find it embarrassing to make physical challenges to people I will never meet.  But if I did meet you, I''d kick your a__. [:D]

[/quote]

You surely wouldn''t.

You live in your little small minded world of ignorance fool. You are like Homer Simpson, the one without a brain who says any old crap just because it comes into his head. Doooooh! The thick one.

Think there is a reason that people can''t just say what they want on TV or in the newspapers, especially preventing ignorant people who may have lived in redneck land? Wonder how you ended up there... Just because these boards are unmoderated, doesn''t mean anything should be on display. Pete, who moderates only what he reads, doesn''t even want swearing on these boards, so i would take it up with him if you don''t like the rules.

In summary, you are thick and needed schooling.

[quote user="Houston Canary"][quote user="Downloads"][quote user="Houston Canary"]Downloads, if you were to be fired for making light hearted banter, you would win a wrongful dismissal case easily, and your company would be shamed for being so reactionary.  We make jokes about ourselves all the time and nobody cries racism or anti- anything then. Why not?  Because we all know it is just some harmless jokes.  When we make them about someone else, the rules do not change. Or do they?  They shouldn''t, and I''m not going to pretend they do just because you want to. 

[/quote]

Who is to determine if a comment is light hearted, you ask.  Umm, I guess the people in on the conversation. Porbalby people observing it could tell too, by the body language.  You are confusing banter with, as you call it, airing views.  I seriously doubt anyone who made a joke here really was being offensive, and I am equally sure anyone of Chinese origin would not be bothered by the comments because they would know it was in jest. Only people who want to be victims and look for reasons to become one would be bothered by the chatter.

[/quote]Lol great post.Strongly suggest ''Downloads'' stops posting, starting to look like a complete fool.

well said, houston canary, downloads, grow up!People like you fail to see that the P.C. brigade is what is damaging our society beyond repair.

[quote user="Making Plans"]

[quote user="Downloads"] I work for the government and it would definitely not be tolerated, that i can guarantee you. [/quote]

Ah, that explains it then - totally out of touch with what the majority of people in this Country, and that includes ehtnics, think.

[/quote]Quality post mate!!Not sure if you meant ''Ethnics'' or ''Ethics'' but what does it matter as our Government is clearly out of touch with both.

Oh, so it''s the PC brigade which is damaging society beyond repair, and not the fact that everybody hates everybody else.  Intolerance will see humanity fail.  Long live the cockroaches, god''s next big thing.  Back to the cave for me, so long....

[quote user="Magraw"]Oh, so it''s the PC brigade which is damaging society beyond repair, and not the fact that everybody hates everybody else.  Intolerance will see humanity fail.  Long live the cockroaches, god''s next big thing.  Back to the cave for me, so long....[/quote]Yes!! That, the inward ever tightening surveillance culture and the overdependence on antibiotics from an early age which as you state (unknowingly) probably will ensure that the cockroach will further outlast mankind by rather a large number of years. Just wish you lot would grow up and realise this is real life and not some experiment in ''A'' level/GCSE Psychology. Do be careful in that cave there might be germs in there and we''re not very good at dealing with them these days are we??

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="Magraw"]Oh, so it''s the PC brigade which is damaging society beyond repair, and not the fact that everybody hates everybody else.  Intolerance will see humanity fail.  Long live the cockroaches, god''s next big thing.  Back to the cave for me, so long....
[/quote]

Yes!! That, the inward ever tightening surveillance culture and the overdependence on antibiotics from an early age which as you state (unknowingly) probably will ensure that the cockroach will further outlast mankind by rather a large number of years. Just wish you lot would grow up and realise this is real life and not some experiment in ''A'' level/GCSE Psychology. Do be careful in that cave there might be germs in there and we''re not very good at dealing with them these days are we??
[/quote]

Well said

[quote user="Houston Canary"][quote user="Downloads"][quote user="Houston Canary"]Downloads, if you were to be fired for making light hearted banter, you would win a wrongful dismissal case easily, and your company would be shamed for being so reactionary.  We make jokes about ourselves all the time and nobody cries racism or anti- anything then. Why not?  Because we all know it is just some harmless jokes.  When we make them about someone else, the rules do not change. Or do they?  They shouldn''t, and I''m not going to pretend they do just because you want to. 

[/quote]

[/quote]

With the right to freedom of expression comes the responsibilitiy to endeavour not to offend where possible.

Should anyone be able to express anything with no regard for what is acceptable? How about those who state that the USA brought 9/11 on itself due to its foreign policy? Clearly not. You can''t play the feedom of expression card without this caveat.

I think this is a case where many will have to agre to disagree. I just feel that some of the comments were crass at best, offensive at worst.

Think i will just beg to differ too, the thread is going nowhere but in circles and completely O/T. Apologies to anyone who may have been offended by my postings!

Lets just hope there is someone on this planet no matter who they are that can save the club from financial and football meltdown, altho we don''t even all agree on that   lol

I blame Shacks, Ryan [juanvelesco], Bly Bly Bly and all the other loony lefties and Guardianistas who are always worrying about if others are worrying without actually asking if they are worrying!....[;)]

I saw a comedian the other week on tv, and he said about people being offended by things.  "So your''e offended....and....what actually happens?  You''re just offended, it doesn''t change anyhing and nothing actually happens...you''re just offended".  Thought it was quite funny and very true. 

The thing that annoys me about the whole racism and PC debate is that it seems to be completely 1 sided. If you are a young white hetrosexual male you get blamed for basically everything and never make a claim of racism against you. Is this because everybody who is not a young white hetrosexual male never says or does anything racist? I doubt it very very much. Are young white hetrosexual males never a victim of racism or intimidation by people from other ethnic groups? Now I know thats not the case. So why do people from other ethnic groups have to go on and on about being victims but the young white guys dont. And if they did they would probably be accused of being racist, like I am about to be no doubt.