Sign in to follow this  
NCFCanary

Chinese Consortium takeover/investment imminent.

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]The thing that annoys me about the whole racism and PC debate is that it seems to be completely 1 sided. If you are a young white hetrosexual male you get blamed for basically everything and never make a claim of racism against you. Is this because everybody who is not a young white hetrosexual male never says or does anything racist? I doubt it very very much. Are young white hetrosexual males never a victim of racism or intimidation by people from other ethnic groups? Now I know thats not the case. So why do people from other ethnic groups have to go on and on about being victims but the young white guys dont. And if they did they would probably be accused of being racist, like I am about to be no doubt.[/quote]

Chris Rock [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7b2oCYgfik]tells it like it is[/url]. [:D]Racism?

I have many good friends who are Indian, Pakistani, Irish, Portuguese etc.

I''ve worked for a major US Company & a major Japanese Company and I''ve worked with blacks, whites, Chinese, American, Japanese, French, Belgians, Germans, Spanish, Scots and many others from a whole host of Countries, ethnic backgrounds, religions etc.

In all honesty, I''ve never known any of these friends/colleagues/work mates to be upset or offended by the type of stuff posted earlier in this thread. In fact, I''d go as far as to say that they too can see the funny side of such things & they take it with a pinch of salt. As long as it''s kept to good humoured banter and they can give as good as they get, which they can and do, then there are no problems.

It''s just a few do gooders, people who think they''re more important than they are and people who have nothing better to do, who try to stir up trouble over such things.

Yes there are limits but nothing in this thread gets close to them.

[quote user="DGC"]well said, houston canary, downloads, grow up!

People like you fail to see that the P.C. brigade is what is damaging our society beyond repair.
[/quote]

Thanks for speaking up DGC, Buckethead and others.  I hate being the only one willing to speak up against this assault on our freedoms.  Downloads and his ilk try to cow us into submission with cries of racism, but when it is not racism (it hardly ever is racism) I don''t want to let the ignorant walk away thinking they have accomplished something.  Speaking up against lunacy ROCKS!

Now it''s kickoff time, so we can all unite under the desire to see Wycombe beaten intosubmission!

Gonna let it drop idiot? I can trade insults with you all day if you want, or we can leave it be and just talk footy. Nothing against you, i would just rather talk footy with you than this crap all day long.

Can we find something to agree on?

Like being pleased about Doc being dropped?

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="CaptnCanary"]The thing that annoys me about the whole racism and PC debate is that it seems to be completely 1 sided. If you are a young white hetrosexual male you get blamed for basically everything and never make a claim of racism against you. Is this because everybody who is not a young white hetrosexual male never says or does anything racist? I doubt it very very much. Are young white hetrosexual males never a victim of racism or intimidation by people from other ethnic groups? Now I know thats not the case. So why do people from other ethnic groups have to go on and on about being victims but the young white guys dont. And if they did they would probably be accused of being racist, like I am about to be no doubt.[/quote]

Chris Rock [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7b2oCYgfik]tells it like it is[/url]. [:D]

Racism?
[/quote]

Now imagine a young white hetrosexual male trying to do that same sketch. You think the audience are laughing?

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Listen to this.

Spot on in my view.
[/quote]

There is definately a place in this world for Political correctness. It is as he says just a case of being polite and nice to people of all backgrounds. Its the ''gone mad'' bit that annoys me. And trust me, there are many many cases where it has gone completely mad.

I''d love to hear if anyone can give any examples of a few cases where the young white hetrosexual male is the victim rather than the accused. PC''ness has made the system unfair and lopsided against the young white hetrosexual male. As well as the Chris Rock sketch posted above there is another one where he talks about whether White people can use the ''N'' word. How is that right when one group can use a word yet another group cant without being persecuted? How is that equality?

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="CaptnCanary"]The thing that annoys me about the whole racism and PC debate is that it seems to be completely 1 sided. If you are a young white hetrosexual male you get blamed for basically everything and never make a claim of racism against you. Is this because everybody who is not a young white hetrosexual male never says or does anything racist? I doubt it very very much. Are young white hetrosexual males never a victim of racism or intimidation by people from other ethnic groups? Now I know thats not the case. So why do people from other ethnic groups have to go on and on about being victims but the young white guys dont. And if they did they would probably be accused of being racist, like I am about to be no doubt.[/quote]

Chris Rock [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7b2oCYgfik]tells it like it is[/url]. [:D]Racism?[/quote]

Now imagine a young white hetrosexual male trying to do that same sketch. You think the audience are laughing?

[/quote]I haven''t listened to the Chris Rock piece as I''m listening to the match, but you seem to be making the point that things should be the same for white heterosexual males as black men. What you seem to have missed in your cosy little world is that life is very different for the majority and minorities. Once all prejudice is eliminated, then we will all be free to take the p*ss out of everyone else. Until then, to laugh at minorities is to collude in prejudice.If you or your family or friends were refused employment, housing, schooling and so on because you were different, things would look very different to you - and you would find it hard to raise your voice when you were laughed at for fear of looking humourless, chippy or uppity.If I''ve misunderstood what you or Chris Rock are saying, apologies. If not, perhaps you could try and think what things are like for people who live in a very different set of circumstances to yours, even if it does require a little effort or discomfort on your part.

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="CaptnCanary"]

Chris Rock [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7b2oCYgfik]tells it like it is[/url]. [:D]

Racism?
[/quote]

[/quote]

I haven''t listened to the Chris Rock piece as I''m listening to the match, but you seem to be making the point that things should be the same for white heterosexual males as black men. What you seem to have missed in your cosy little world is that life is very different for the majority and minorities. Once all prejudice is eliminated, then we will all be free to take the p*ss out of everyone else. Until then, to laugh at minorities is to collude in prejudice.If you or your family or friends were refused employment, housing, schooling and so on because you were different, things would look very different to you - and you would find it hard to raise your voice when you were laughed at for fear of looking humourless, chippy or uppity.

If I''ve misunderstood what you or Chris Rock are saying, apologies. If not, perhaps you could try and think what things are like for people who live in a very different set of circumstances to yours, even if it does require a little effort or discomfort on your part.
[/quote]

Of course I am talking about how things are in this country. In other countries where White people are in the minority then maybe things are different. I dunno as I''ve never lived in that situation. What I am saying is that in this country things have gone too far in terms of what you can and cannot say to the extent that the majority are blamed for everything and attacked for being racist at the slightest hint of using the word ''Black'' or ''Coloured'' even in a totally non-racist context. I do not know of a single case where somebody in the majority group have made a similar complaint against a person in a minority group. I am certain this is not because people in the minority groups are not racist. I think it is because people in the majority group fear that the situation will be turned around on them and that they themselves will be accused of racism if they complain about it. Norfolk is not exactly majorly ethnically diverse so maybe I don''t see things that happen in other areas. But do you know of anybody from an ethnic minority being accused of racism by a white person? I haven''t but I regularly hear minorities complaining that they are persecuted and down-trodden. Why is this?

[quote user="Downloads"]

Gonna let it drop idiot? I can trade insults with you all day if you want, or we can leave it be and just talk footy. Nothing against you, i would just rather talk footy with you than this crap all day long.

Can we find something to agree on?

Like being pleased about Doc being dropped?

[/quote]

This thread is for other than football. That''s why it''s called "other than football".

But YES indeedy do, I was thrilled to see D''OH-erty on the bench, not starting and certainly not being captain.

Of course I am talking about how things are in this country. In other countries where White people are in the minority then maybe things are different. I dunno as I''ve never lived in that situation. What I am saying is that in this country things have gone too far in terms of what you can and cannot say to the extent that the majority are blamed for everything and attacked for being racist at the slightest hint of using the word ''Black'' or ''Coloured'' even in a totally non-racist context. I do not know of a single case where somebody in the majority group have made a similar complaint against a person in a minority group. I am certain this is not because people in the minority groups are not racist. I think it is because people in the majority group fear that the situation will be turned around on them and that they themselves will be accused of racism if they complain about it. Norfolk is not exactly majorly ethnically diverse so maybe I don''t see things that happen in other areas. But do you know of anybody from an ethnic minority being accused of racism by a white person? I haven''t but I regularly hear minorities complaining that they are persecuted and down-trodden. Why is this?

[/quote]Undoubtedly minorities are racist too. I have a friend who has mixed race parentage and he says his mother is outrageously rude about people from another country near to her homeland, and that this is utterly normal for her compatriots. Does that make it OK? Not in my book.The reason minorities complain they are persecuted and down-trodden is because they ARE persecuted and down-trodden! Things have improved tremendously, because people have made the efforts to make racism and prejudice unacceptable, but it is still the case that minorities find it harder to get housing, jobs and education and experience violence and abuse purely because they are different. That does not happen to white, middle class, heterosexuals to anything like the same extent. Reactionaries like our American friend  - who resent being told what to do because they are either too lazy to acknowledge the experience of people who exist in a different world to them, or because they simply don''t care - delight in dragging up stories of Winterval, chalk boards and so on to whip up the "political correctness gone mad" defence, but these examples are a tiny minority and many, if you make the effort to look into them, are distortions of the truth. The overall effect of a culture where it''s not OK to distinguish between minority characteristics is one where people are treated on their actual qualities rather than stereotypical prejudices - whihc surely is a positive thing?

Spot on in my view.
[/quote]

There is definately a place in this world for Political correctness. It is as he says just a case of being polite and nice to people of all backgrounds. Its the ''gone mad'' bit that annoys me. And trust me, there are many many cases where it has gone completely mad.

I''d love to hear if anyone can give any examples of a few cases where the young white hetrosexual male is the victim rather than the accused. PC''ness has made the system unfair and lopsided against the young white hetrosexual male. As well as the Chris Rock sketch posted above there is another one where he talks about whether White people can use the ''N'' word. How is that right when one group can use a word yet another group cant without being persecuted? How is that equality?

[/quote]

How about a young white female who got spat at and called white honky trash?  That was me, and guess what?  I got a right rollocking because I pushed the black girl out of my face to stop he spitting at me again.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="CaptnCanary"]

Spot on in my view.
[/quote]

[/quote]

How about a young white female who got spat at and called white honky trash?  That was me, and guess what?  I got a right rollocking because I pushed the black girl out of my face to stop he spitting at me again.

[/quote]

Thats exactly the sort of thing I am talking about in the red part of my previous post above WAY. The whole thing has gone too far in my opinion so as to impose upon the rights of the majority and make us scared of even using the word Black or similar. I assume the girl you are talking about got away with it scott free?

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="CaptnCanary"]

[/quote]

Undoubtedly minorities are racist too. I have a friend who has mixed race parentage and he says his mother is outrageously rude about people from another country near to her homeland, and that this is utterly normal for her compatriots. Does that make it OK? Not in my book.

The reason minorities complain they are persecuted and down-trodden is because they ARE persecuted and down-trodden! Things have improved tremendously, because people have made the efforts to make racism and prejudice unacceptable, but it is still the case that minorities find it harder to get housing, jobs and education and experience violence and abuse purely because they are different. That does not happen to white, middle class, heterosexuals to anything like the same extent. Reactionaries like our American friend  - who resent being told what to do because they are either too lazy to acknowledge the experience of people who exist in a different world to them, or because they simply don''t care - delight in dragging up stories of Winterval, chalk boards and so on to whip up the "political correctness gone mad" defence, but these examples are a tiny minority and many, if you make the effort to look into them, are distortions of the truth.

The overall effect of a culture where it''s not OK to distinguish between minority characteristics is one where people are treated on their actual qualities rather than stereotypical prejudices - whihc surely is a positive thing?
[/quote]

If you are referring to me, I have no idea what Winterval is or what chalk boards have to do with anything. However, regardless of what they are in terms of this discussion, political correctness HAS gone mad. Just the name of it makes it sound nefarious.  Is the reason you see so many non-whites when in London these days because they have not been able to find any housing and are therefore outdoors all the time, homeless? NO!  If that was the case, they would not be moving there, would they.

To solve that perception, all that''s needed is more political correctness. They are no longer to be referred to as homeles but as "outdoors men".  Isn''t it difficult for pretty much anybody to find decent housing in London, anyways? Maybe Londoners hate EVERYONE!

[quote user="Houston Canary"]This thread is for other than football. That''s why it''s called "other than football".[/quote]

Doesn''t make sense... for me it is... Main Discussion - Norwich City.

[quote user="CaptnCanary"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="CaptnCanary"]

Spot on in my view.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thats exactly the sort of thing I am talking about in the red part of my previous post above WAY. The whole thing has gone too far in my opinion so as to impose upon the rights of the majority and make us scared of even using the word Black or similar. I assume the girl you are talking about got away with it scott free?

[/quote]

Well she played the race card of course, I got diciplined and she indeed got away scott free.  This was done in a room full of staff both black and white people I hasten to add.  But the HR department had to take her side.