Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

Theoklitos released...

The ball well when he did save it yesterday.. his distribution was about the only good point of his performance, his kicking was strong and stayed on the pitch... just seen the goals again and apart from the 3rd they were almost all his fault!

jas :)

In the pre-match warm up me and my mates commented on how many times he spilled the ball with mediocre shots being struck straight at him.  He didn''t fill me with confidence at all, but i didn''t expect him to be that s***.  I did feel slightly sorry for him and hope he can pull through it.  Certainly wouldn''t start him he needs some reserves games to build up some match confidence again, cos the defence wont have any in him just as much as he wont have any in his defence.

jas, when we were talking about David marshall the other day you said we have been crying out for a keeper like Theo for years.....you were right I was crying watching him.

P.S. I didnt think that much of his kicking either if im honest.

[quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle"]

jas, when we were talking about David marshall the other day you said we have been crying out for a keeper like Theo for years.....you were right I was crying watching him.

P.S. I didnt think that much of his kicking either if im honest.

[/quote]

Lol Arthur! i remember it well... sadly it was misguided optimism.. oh well We have been waiting for a Keeper like Alnwick for years.... ;)

Just seen them again too. The third, its as if Nelson is playing peek a boo, hiding behind the forward - not even challenging the ball.

The seventh was awful defending and can''t be his fault - saying that if he plays again - i''ll be in shock

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

The ball well when he did save it yesterday.. his distribution was about the only good point of his performance, his kicking was strong and stayed on the pitch... just seen the goals again and apart from the 3rd they were almost all his fault!

[/quote]

Did you actually WATCH the replays again Jas? If so then how the hell was Semmy not the main culprit for Goal 1!!! Sure this Aussie / Greek geezer should have headed / punched the ball away but he was put in a terrible position with that joke of a back pass.

He should have done better with Goal 2 but, again, you seem to excuse the Titanic we have at the back named Donkerty. From the moment Lisbi turned him inside out there was only one place the ball was going.

Goal 3 - agreed, woeful defending

Goal 4 - it was a cracking freekick which he actually went for instead of being rooted to the spot and pointing at other players like the ''legend'' Greeeno used to do!

Goal 5 - both Lord Nelson and Donkerty were beaten in the air with consummate ease leaving the keeper with no chance although I do feel he maybe could have come off his line and challenged. 

Goal 6 - ''his fault'' - HOW??

Goal 7 - awful defending by Drury and Lord Nelson leaving the keeper once again totally exposed.

The guy had a poor game but to be slaughtered like this by you and others when a realistic analysis clearly shows atrocious performances from all 4 defenders in front of him, is bang out of order and simply not supported by the evidence. 

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

the times he caught the ball he just released it to his right or left backs!to me doesnt seem confident enough to kick it out of his hands!yes off the ball he was strong and stayed in play!!!

[quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Did you actually WATCH the replays again Jas? If so then how the hell was Semmy not the main culprit for Goal 1!!! Sure this Aussie / Greek geezer should have headed / punched the ball away but he was put in a terrible position with that joke of a back pass.

He should have done better with Goal 2 but, again, you seem to excuse the Titanic we have at the back named Donkerty. From the moment Lisbi turned him inside out there was only one place the ball was going.

Goal 3 - agreed, woeful defending

Goal 4 - it was a cracking freekick which he actually went for instead of being rooted to the spot and pointing at other players like the ''legend'' Greeeno used to do!

Goal 5 - both Lord Nelson and Donkerty were beaten in the air with consummate ease leaving the keeper with no chance although I do feel he maybe could have come off his line and challenged. 

Goal 6 - ''his fault'' - HOW??

Goal 7 - awful defending by Drury and Lord Nelson leaving the keeper once again totally exposed.

The guy had a poor game but to be slaughtered like this by you and others when a realistic analysis clearly shows atrocious performances from all 4 defenders in front of him, is bang out of order and simply not supported by the evidence. 

[/quote]you have got to be related to skippy or just plain blind if you can say only one goal was his fault

My thoughts on his performance would be:Goal 1: Primary fault is certainly with Semmy, it was a woeful backpass. To be honest I think Theo was shaping up to parry an expected shot from Lisbie, who appears (from the replay angle anyway) to attempt to control and miss the ball, which resulted in it bouncing embarrassingly over Theo. I''d need a better angle to be sure, he could possibly have done better, but I think the fault lies elsewhere.Goal 2: Doherty is caught and Nelson manages to be slower than Doherty, which is impressive. Lisbie is allowed to cut in too easily. The shot is decent enough and the save is okay, but really I would have hoped he would hold the ball. However it must be said that neither Nelson or Drury were anywhere near Platt, so I think overall you''ve got to be faulting the whole back line for that one.Goal 3: I think Theo is slightly more culpable here - the cross is in the area where a good keeper could have plucked the ball out of the air. However the back line again was woeful - aside from the goalscorer there were two colchester players who missed the ball who were in front of their man. Any one of them could have scored, but I think he could have made it to the cross.Goal 4: Here he is fully to blame. It''s a decent enough free kick but take a look on the replay where Theo is standing. It''s a pretty central free kick, yet he''s so far across it''s no wonder he got nowhere near the shot. Sitting in the Upper Barclay for that one I recall that it wasn''t a shot that thumped the corner, but was one that any keeper standing in the right place would have reached with little effort.Goal 5: The defending is poor, but again here Theo is the prime culprit. The shot is straight above his head and he really should be getting a hand on it. Reflex saves are vital and he could have done better.Goal 6: It''s a decent strike and although I thought at the time that better positioning might have led to a save (it''s not a screamer into the corner) the replays don''t show a wide shot so I can''t be sure so I wouldn''t condemn him for it.Goal 7: Primarily the fault is the ease at which the defence were carved open, however the pace that the ball was moving at pretty much meant that a cut back was inevitable and Theo should have stayed on his line. However the rest of the defence were standing around motionless so I think it''s more a problem with the back line.Overall I think he can take the major blame for one of the goals, Semmy can take major blame for another and the rest were the result of a team working hard together to be as woeful as possible.

[quote user="Tickers"]My thoughts on his performance would be:

Goal 1: Primary fault is certainly with Semmy, it was a woeful backpass. To be honest I think Theo was shaping up to parry an expected shot from Lisbie, who appears (from the replay angle anyway) to attempt to control and miss the ball, which resulted in it bouncing embarrassingly over Theo. I''d need a better angle to be sure, he could possibly have done better, but I think the fault lies elsewhere.

Goal 2: Doherty is caught and Nelson manages to be slower than Doherty, which is impressive. Lisbie is allowed to cut in too easily. The shot is decent enough and the save is okay, but really I would have hoped he would hold the ball. However it must be said that neither Nelson or Drury were anywhere near Platt, so I think overall you''ve got to be faulting the whole back line for that one.

Goal 3: I think Theo is slightly more culpable here - the cross is in the area where a good keeper could have plucked the ball out of the air. However the back line again was woeful - aside from the goalscorer there were two colchester players who missed the ball who were in front of their man. Any one of them could have scored, but I think he could have made it to the cross.

Goal 4: Here he is fully to blame. It''s a decent enough free kick but take a look on the replay where Theo is standing. It''s a pretty central free kick, yet he''s so far across it''s no wonder he got nowhere near the shot. Sitting in the Upper Barclay for that one I recall that it wasn''t a shot that thumped the corner, but was one that any keeper standing in the right place would have reached with little effort.

Goal 5: The defending is poor, but again here Theo is the prime culprit. The shot is straight above his head and he really should be getting a hand on it. Reflex saves are vital and he could have done better.

Goal 6: It''s a decent strike and although I thought at the time that better positioning might have led to a save (it''s not a screamer into the corner) the replays don''t show a wide shot so I can''t be sure so I wouldn''t condemn him for it.

Goal 7: Primarily the fault is the ease at which the defence were carved open, however the pace that the ball was moving at pretty much meant that a cut back was inevitable and Theo should have stayed on his line. However the rest of the defence were standing around motionless so I think it''s more a problem with the back line.

Overall I think he can take the major blame for one of the goals, Semmy can take major blame for another and the rest were the result of a team working hard together to be as woeful as possible.
[/quote]

Thank you Tickers - more deatil and some variation on my thoughts nut in essence we agree. If any keeper has such a rubbish defence in front of him he will let in goals - FACT.

[quote user="Tickers"]Goal 4: Here he is fully to blame. It''s a decent enough free kick but take a look on the replay where Theo is standing. It''s a pretty central free kick, yet he''s so far across it''s no wonder he got nowhere near the shot. Sitting in the Upper Barclay for that one I recall that it wasn''t a shot that thumped the corner, but was one that any keeper standing in the right place would have reached with little effort.[/quote]Agree with this. On the replay it appears to hit the back of the net somewhere near the corner, but because it was curling away that means it passed him much more central. Definitely expect your keeper to save that IMO.

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

[quote user="Tickers"]My thoughts on his performance would be:

Goal 1: Primary fault is certainly with Semmy, it was a woeful backpass. To be honest I think Theo was shaping up to parry an expected shot from Lisbie, who appears (from the replay angle anyway) to attempt to control and miss the ball, which resulted in it bouncing embarrassingly over Theo. I''d need a better angle to be sure, he could possibly have done better, but I think the fault lies elsewhere.

Goal 2: Doherty is caught and Nelson manages to be slower than Doherty, which is impressive. Lisbie is allowed to cut in too easily. The shot is decent enough and the save is okay, but really I would have hoped he would hold the ball. However it must be said that neither Nelson or Drury were anywhere near Platt, so I think overall you''ve got to be faulting the whole back line for that one.

Goal 3: I think Theo is slightly more culpable here - the cross is in the area where a good keeper could have plucked the ball out of the air. However the back line again was woeful - aside from the goalscorer there were two colchester players who missed the ball who were in front of their man. Any one of them could have scored, but I think he could have made it to the cross.

Goal 4: Here he is fully to blame. It''s a decent enough free kick but take a look on the replay where Theo is standing. It''s a pretty central free kick, yet he''s so far across it''s no wonder he got nowhere near the shot. Sitting in the Upper Barclay for that one I recall that it wasn''t a shot that thumped the corner, but was one that any keeper standing in the right place would have reached with little effort.

Goal 5: The defending is poor, but again here Theo is the prime culprit. The shot is straight above his head and he really should be getting a hand on it. Reflex saves are vital and he could have done better.

Goal 6: It''s a decent strike and although I thought at the time that better positioning might have led to a save (it''s not a screamer into the corner) the replays don''t show a wide shot so I can''t be sure so I wouldn''t condemn him for it.

Goal 7: Primarily the fault is the ease at which the defence were carved open, however the pace that the ball was moving at pretty much meant that a cut back was inevitable and Theo should have stayed on his line. However the rest of the defence were standing around motionless so I think it''s more a problem with the back line.

Overall I think he can take the major blame for one of the goals, Semmy can take major blame for another and the rest were the result of a team working hard together to be as woeful as possible.
[/quote]

Thank you Tickers - more deatil and some variation on my thoughts nut in essence we agree. If any keeper has such a rubbish defence in front of him he will let in goals - FACT.

[/quote]

Probably agree with that assessment. If there is a rubbish defence then they allow the pressure on the goalkeeper, if you analyse every goal that is scored the vast majority of the time you can pick faults in the goalkeeper''s ability. I''m still willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, he was voted twice goalkeeper of the year in Australia. Also think of players such as Gomes at Spurs and even Iwan Roberts both endured torid starts to their careers at Spurs and here but both went on to prove they are good enough. Give him time and the backing and his class will (hopefully) shine through.

Its easy to blame the keeper and yes he had a absolute stinker, but it qould be wrong and very dangerous to overlook the fact that the defending was totally inept also. To be honest that Otsemabor guy and Doherty were completely out of there depth in my opinion. It quite surprises me some of the comments on here in support of Doherty last season, as a neutral i can tell you opposition teams look at your line up in the hope he IS playing, Saturdays game highlights the fact he really is past his sell buy date, just my opinion. (Please take Mcauley of us FFS).

I''m blaming money in football for all seven goals.

It''s ruining the game you know.

Just another point to note, but I belive he may be unused to this type of ball I saw this the other way around when an english keeper came to oz, they use heavier balls which bounce differently on the hard ground unlike them light things we use making them easier to catch as they don''t bounce out of your hands. It''s no excuse but is a factor that may come in to affect when the ground is damp in the winter.

Even when the defense is crap, such as the last 4 seasons for NCFC, the goalie is expected to make at least SOME of the saves he is confronted with.  TheKLITorus didn''t seem to do that. 

My anguish is caused by the line up we have for the defense, headed by dork #1 Jerry Donkey.  Why are we so blind as to not see what a joke he is?  No other team wants him, but we start im whenevr possible. His supporters harp on about how he has to cover for other inepts, but nobody ever suggests that maybe they are out of position because they are covering for him. I mean, how could our defense be so record breakingly bad for so long and he not be partly to blame?

HOWEVER, The-Shite-on-us was brutal, too.  Get rid of both of them, or at least have them play some reserve games.  Then bring The-liabilty back if he deserves it over our other 2 capable keepers, and keep D''OH''!-hurt-us on reserve or dump him. 

Nobody could do as poorly as they did Saturday.  New captain, new goalkeeper,  whole new attitude!