Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Norwich League 1 Champions v England World Cup Winners 2010

[quote user="Big Bob"]Norwich of course, unless i could have Norwich finishing 2nd and England World cup champions [:D]
[/quote]

Haha great minds!

Will Scotland be in South Africa next year McCanary?  I quite undersatnd your decision not to support England... but what if the question...

Norwich League 1 Champions v Scotland World Cup Winners 2010

BOTH. If I must choose one, then England. City are almost certain to go up within the next ten years, but how long have we been waiting for another England success?? 43 YEARS!!

I have season ticket for city and go to approximately 5 away games a season, i also follow England to european and world cup events (not married and no kids before you ask). I have to say, when asked the question club or country, i say club everytime, but on this specific question, in my life time i''d love to see England raise the trophy next year.  If the question was Norwich Champions League Champions v England World Cup Winners, then i''d go for the Champions League, they are the highest achievements in retrospective tournaments.

England without shadow of a doubt. A once every four years chance to achieve something we haven''t achieved in 44 years???

Club every time. The over-inflated expectations, idiotic behaviour of some supporters and general media hype serves to make me less rather than more interested in the England football team. Having said that, you can''t help being swept up in it when we do do well!

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]

Will Scotland be in South Africa next year McCanary?  I quite undersatnd your decision not to support England... but what if the question...

Norwich League 1 Champions v Scotland World Cup Winners 2010

[/quote]

Not going to happen though, is it?  [:D]

As a Scot, the journey through the competitions, highs and lows and REALISTIC expectations of our chances is what keeps us goiing! We are a small nation who over achieve every so often and delight in those moments. We don`t believe we are the best in the world unlike another nation close by (!!!!) who are totally overrated and heve achieved nothing recently despite being hyped beyond belief.

The Media crap surrounding England just makes me laugh.

So it`s the club. My adopted club from the age of 11 who are more likely to succeed....but I`ll be happy with runners up too!

OTBC

England with no hesitation. In my lifetime I''ll never see it I imagine so I''ll go for that please. Even if we didn''t run in 2nd in the league or win the playoffs we''d have a good shot at it next year. But an England world cup win whilst I''m on the planet to see it..... ooooooh yeah!

City every time. Hell, i''d take a City top 6 over an England world cup win.

Too many overhyped, overpaid idiots with an overinflated sense of their own importance in the England squad. It really does make international football boring after a while...

[quote user="question mark"]City every time. Hell, i''d take a City top 6 over an England world cup win.

Too many overhyped, overpaid idiots with an overinflated sense of their own importance in the England squad. It really does make international football boring after a while...[/quote]Yeah but there''s millions of fans that don''t believe any of that "best league in the world" Sky Sports crap BUT STILL would love to see England do well.Who cares that they''re overpaid? What''s the difference between 5k a week and 200k a week? Either way we''re never gonna earn that much! All top level footballers are overpaid, and so will Norwich players be if they ever got promoted back to the Premier league. Will you stop caring then?

Good point Mook.

England for me. It''s quite interesting to see the football shirts that people wear to England games-hardly any Premiership shirts but lots of Championship, League 1 & League 2 shirts.

Without a doubt England. Norwich winning the 3rd division would be wonderful but lets be honest its not really that great an acchievment. The world cup is special,if england were to win, the passion and excitement that would sweep the whole country is something that i would love to see,and would probably never see again in my lifetime.

But if you were talking about Norwich winning the premiership or the champions league then i might have to think a little bit harder about that.

195k, Mook.

But seriously, our international football side seems to me to epitomise everything that is wrong with football.

It makes it very difficult for me to get excited about them and actually support the team, at times.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]

it says what it is Big Bob, so you would prefer England to win and City to be runners up?

[/quote]

Yeah, anyday. Norwich finishing second means we still gain promotion. England finishing second means they gain nothing. Therefore with England first and Norwich second we win both ways ...

''?'' with regards to your first post, you could quite easily have said the same thing about Norwich last year... no commitent to the cause.

The press have a field day with England, and it really doesn''t matter on what sport they are covering, doing well and they get praise, doing sh*t and they get slagged off.  We ourselves get fu*ked off with Archant at the best of times and their inept coverage of the ''board and players''.  I believe every man that pulls on the England jersey does so with pride.  We ARE a great nation, especially when you consider our size.