Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Norwich v Colchester U player ratings

Theoklitos - 1 - didn''t get sent off.  On the negative side, there were the four goals he was to blame for and the sense of unease which spread throughout the back 4.Otsemobor - 2 - hopeless blunder for the 1st goal, nothing else of note, ponderous and slow and looks every inch a League Two playerDrury - 3.5 - got forward to fill in from Hoolahan''s inside runs, did little wrong but for a former captain was notably quietNelson - 3 - looks old, slow, creaky and a liabilityDoherty - 3 - was old, slow, creaky and a liabilityTudur-Jones - 3 - a big unit without any finesse or passing ability.  Runs around a bit, sweats a bit, gave up.Gill - 3 - sideways and out of play.  Sideways and out of play.Hoolahan - 3 - too many touches, too much time spent on the ball, not enough incisivenessWhaley - 3 - if he''s the entertainer we''ve been waiting for, then we might as well give up now.Martin - 5 - not his fault, put himself about but couldn''t do anything with zero service.Holt - 4 - looks a bit fat, ran around a lot, harsh deal from the ref who let more physical challenges go unpunished from Col U.Subs:McDonald - 6 - looked hungry and full of runningAdeyemi - 6 - as above.  These two must come into the starting lineup.Fat lads running on pitch to deliver season ticket to Bryan Gunn at 0-4 down: 4 - stay on your feet, son, or you become a figure of fun.

[quote user="End of the Roedent"]You sure comedy keeper was worth that much?[/quote]Well, he didn''t kill anybody, or spread swine flu throughout the stadium, or soil himself, so I think 1/10 is about right.

[quote user="End of the Roedent"]You sure comedy keeper was worth that much?[/quote]I think 0''s all around would be more accurate.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="End of the Roedent"]You sure comedy keeper was worth that much?[/quote]Well, he didn''t kill anybody, or spread swine flu throughout the stadium, or soil himself, so I think 1/10 is about right.[/quote]

But how can you be so sure?

Sorry I thought they were all minus numbers!! that would have been closer to the truth - 1 for Theo

Absolute 5hit

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="End of the Roedent"]You sure comedy keeper was worth that much?[/quote]Well, he didn''t kill anybody, or spread swine flu throughout the stadium, or soil himself, so I think 1/10 is about right.[/quote]

Are you sure he didn''t soil himself? Sounds like he bricked it everytime the ball entered our half of the pitch?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]The only 2 players that come away from that match with any credability are Cody Mac and Hooly.[/quote]Adeyemi did well too I thought.  Hoolahan wasn''t at his best.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]The only 2 players that come away from that match with any credability are Cody Mac and Hooly.[/quote]

Adeyemi did well too I thought.  Hoolahan wasn''t at his best.
[/quote]

Agreed.

Adeyemi can do something going forward, Gill can''t - he''s all sideways.

Cody has the pace and tenacity to cause problems and score goals. Can''t say the same of Martin though, he hasn''t got the presence or pace to play upfront like that.

Cant totally blame the keeper, Not his fault the defence was crap !Lisbie was stood on the shoulders of Nelson and Doc the whole time and outpaced them the whole time

Theoklitos - excellent, was very commanding and vocal and really organised his defence. Great handling and distribution too.Otsemobor - what can I say that hasn''t been said already? Lightning fast, both in body and mind. Reads the game well and always supports the attack wherever possible.Doherty - Captain Fantastic himself. A real inspiration at the back. An absolute rock who just couldn''t be beaten. Who needs John Terry?Nelson - another solid, commanding centre-back. Didn''t put a foot wrong and awesome distribution too.Drury - reassuringly solid. Patrolled the left flank admirably. Superb tackling and some great crosses too. Always switched on.Whaley - he has a great cross on him. Really gets involved and is always alert down the right-hand side. Takes a mean corner too, and he seems to have a decent shot on him.Gill - who needs Mark Fotheringham when you have quality like this? Used the ball well, set many attacks in motion. A real playmaker.Tudur Jones - really stamped his mark on the match. Very physical and does the simple things well. Stopped their guys from playing their own game.A very imposing and intimidating figure.Hoolahan - very skilful and constantly beat players without doing too much. A real threat in the area on top of that. Played a pivotal role today.Martin - chased everything down, great movement and some superb shooting. Really benefited from his time at Luton. A much better player.Holt - the star of the show. Great technique and balance; never fell over once. Held the ball up superbly and won everything in the air. Excellent work ethic, as well.Subs:McDonald and Adeyemi struggled a bit really. But coming into that game was hard and to stand out amongst so many first-class displays was always going to be difficult. Still, weren''t as up for it as the others and didn''t show much confidence or quality.Referee - excellent, used common sense and really let the game flow. Players respected him right from the off.And finally, Gunn, our manager - just superb. With his tactical genius and his motivational skills, he is definitely the man to lead us back to the promised land. This guy is a legend and together with his superb signings, will be a brilliant manager for us.Overall - a great, exciting performance full of goals. On this evidence we will surely win the title with ease. Roll on the rest of the season.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Cant totally blame the keeper,
Not his fault the defence was crap !
Lisbie was stood on the shoulders of Nelson and Doc the whole time and outpaced them the whole time
[/quote]

I''ve tried saying on here a few times that Lisbie is always a threat with his pace. A lot of people seem to think he''s rubbish but at this level he''s going to cause lots of teams plenty of problems.

Defence was dire, ''keeper was even worse.

Lisbie was stood on the shoulders of Nelson and Doc the whole time and outpaced them the whole time
[/quote]

My 88 year old granny could outpace them two, if they continue to play together we''ll get done for pace every week. I am not Docs biggest fan but his defending was terrible even by his standards today and the rest of the defence were just as bad.

Theoklitos was an abolute disaster in goal. What a waste of money. How can a former goalkeeper in Brian Gunn pick out such a useless t****r to be our number 1.

I''m sure the Otsemobor who played against Wigan was abducted by aliens and replaced by this waste of space. The first goal was one of the biggest jokes I think I have ever seen.

Having two of the leagues slowest defenders in Doherty and Nelson really was a stroke of genius by Gunn. Both absolutely useless, especially Nelson, who I also blame Butterworth for - for obvious reasons.

Drury didn''t have a clue what he was doing. Enough said about him.

What a dissapointment Whaley was. Actually, did he play at all? I can''t remember seeing him do anything.

Another way Gunn showed his tactical expertise was through creating the central midfield partnership of Tudor-Jones and Gill. Both defensive midfielders. The only time we''ve been succesful in my life time was when we had Damien Francis as a box-to-box attacking midfielder chipping in with his fair share of goals. SO REPLACE HIM!!!!! Gill was awful and couldn''t pass to save his life. And how so many people felt they were right to have a go when I critisized Tudor-Jones is beyond me. I think you all stand well and truly corrected - thankyou very much.

Hoolahan was the only good player on the pitch. It would be a miracle if he wants to stay after that shambles.

Martin tried but isn''t really up to it. Nevertheless, he was far from the worst player on the pitch.

As for Tudor-Jones, I think my criticism of Holt was justified today as well. Fell over all the time and no way does he look like a twenty-goal a season man.

The two men that ran on the pitch - 9 out of 10. Well done, made today worth while. The only reason you don''t get a ten is because after throwing your season ticket at Gunn you looked for the nearest player to criticise - which happened to be Hoolahan. Anybody but Hoolahan, lads!

As for Bryan Gunn, how is he still our manager? What a joke. His signings all look useless, his tactics were useless, etc. As for substitutions, if 5-0 down at half time isn''t bad enough to make ONE CHANGE, THEN WHAT THE BLOODY HELL IS!!! I''m not even going to start on the fact that he somehow didn''t use all three substitutions ... The Gill/Tudor-Jones and Nelson/Doherty partnerships, for the reasons stated above, are unbelievable... truly unbelievable.
The worst thing about him today was, it took them to score THREE GOALS before Gunn got off his seat to say anything to his players - and even then all it appeared he was doing was clenching his fists and saying ''come on'' ... or something. Absolute joke.

Oh, and one last thing. FAO Shyster and any others for the criticism I got the other week. I think I''ve been proven correct. You don''t need to say any more. Thankyou.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Theoklitos - excellent, was very commanding and vocal and really organised his defence. Great handling and distribution too.

Otsemobor - what can I say that hasn''t been said already? Lightning fast, both in body and mind. Reads the game well and always supports the attack wherever possible.

Doherty - Captain Fantastic himself. A real inspiration at the back. An absolute rock who just couldn''t be beaten. Who needs John Terry?

Nelson - another solid, commanding centre-back. Didn''t put a foot wrong and awesome distribution too.

Drury - reassuringly solid. Patrolled the left flank admirably. Superb tackling and some great crosses too. Always switched on.

Whaley - he has a great cross on him. Really gets involved and is always alert down the right-hand side. Takes a mean corner too, and he seems to have a decent shot on him.

Gill - who needs Mark Fotheringham when you have quality like this? Used the ball well, set many attacks in motion. A real playmaker.

Tudur Jones - really stamped his mark on the match. Very physical and does the simple things well. Stopped their guys from playing their own game.A very imposing and intimidating figure.

Hoolahan - very skilful and constantly beat players without doing too much. A real threat in the area on top of that. Played a pivotal role today.

Martin - chased everything down, great movement and some superb shooting. Really benefited from his time at Luton. A much better player.

Holt - the star of the show. Great technique and balance; never fell over once. Held the ball up superbly and won everything in the air. Excellent work ethic, as well.

Subs:

McDonald and Adeyemi struggled a bit really. But coming into that game was hard and to stand out amongst so many first-class displays was always going to be difficult. Still, weren''t as up for it as the others and didn''t show much confidence or quality.

Referee - excellent, used common sense and really let the game flow. Players respected him right from the off.

And finally, Gunn, our manager - just superb. With his tactical genius and his motivational skills, he is definitely the man to lead us back to the promised land. This guy is a legend and together with his superb signings, will be a brilliant manager for us.

Overall - a great, exciting performance full of goals. On this evidence we will surely win the title with ease. Roll on the rest of the season.
[/quote]

Have you been out in the sun eating mushrooms?

[/quote]

Yes, this was exactly the problem. We can''t afford to play them both or maybe either of them.

Spillane and Askou scenes as they have kept Doc and let Stefanovic go.

I don''t wanna blame the midfielders or front men. You need to have confidence in the men behind you, so you can have the confidence to create. It was completely all of the back 5''s fault. Completely.