Sign in to follow this  
Pi$$ed As A Mattress

Difference between a fan and supporter?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

That may be so Mr Carrow. And saviours are extremely rare. Are they really likely to pop up every so often at our own little Carrow Road sanctuary. Was the great Bob the Builder a saviour when he ran Sir Arthur out of town all those years ago? And did we need salvation after the wicked reign of Big Bad Bob anyway? If you believe we did then who was that saviour? If you believe we were saved by Watling from Big Bad Bob and the wicked Smith & Jones were orchestrating it from behind the scenes it can only be true is if:-

a) You believe that Smith & Jones rode into town, took Geoffrey Watlings family hostage for 18 months until he met their demands to sell them the club on the cheap despite the huge interest from half the county to pay more.

Or....

b) Smith, Jones, Watling and Armstrong were in cahoots and set the whole thing up.

a) is extremely unlikely but b) is a possible.

[8]Here''s to the god of the present
Here''s to the god of the past
Here''s to the hope in the future he brings
We will sing to him, sing to him
On the savior''s day

[/quote]

I don`t think the word "saviour" can sensibly be applied to anyone connected with NCFC, but then i`m not the one doing that am i?  Do you agree with the two posters earlier in the thread who basically wrote as fact that "Delia saved the club" and belittled anyone who didn`t agree with them?  If not, why not argue with them and not me for pointing out that they are blatantly wrong?

I  was simply replying to your post Mr Carrow which was on page 6 of this thread. It seems we agree that nobody can be described as our "saviour". My views on this have been well documented over the years.

As for your a''s and b''s I would think ''a'' is more plausible although I''m not sure I believe it. However I do remember talk about the shares being available in smaller packages for a year before Watling sold the lot to Smith & Jones. So in essence they were probably not available to anyone else as a controlling stake. Which brings us nicely to my a''s and b''s................

I have no axe to grind over this. And certainly none with my friend The Butler. But the post immediately above Purples quite succinctly shows how these divisions appear on this board just to satisfy the trolling of sad individuals who have no relevant input of their own.

[/quote]

Oh dear... Now we know why she got her Y-fronts in such a twist over the PURISTS don''t we?....You really have got a slate missing somewhere haven''t you? 

Look out Butler or he''ll have you wearing the burqa next....

[quote user="St. Cluck"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

I have no axe to grind over this. And certainly none with my friend The Butler. But the post immediately above Purples quite succinctly shows how these divisions appear on this board just to satisfy the trolling of sad individuals who have no relevant input of their own.

[/quote]

Oh dear... Now we know why she got her Y-fronts in such a twist over the PURISTS don''t we?....You really have got a slate missing somewhere haven''t you? 

[/quote]

No Cluck wrong on that count.

Nutty and I may disagree on many subjects (football related) but that is what being a fan is all about.

20 thousand all seeing a "different game" at the same ground and all with differing ideas.

That does not stop my respect for his opinion and I hope his for mine.(he is wrong most of the time[;)])

If you have seen me in shorts then a burqa is preferable to a mini!![:D]

PM sent to The Butler at 11:45 this morning that obviously wasn''t received and I''m putting it on here in it''s entirety which was probably what I should have done in the first place. I''m glad The Butler posted what he did tonight without reading my PM.

My Friend .....

I carefully worded my post because I was deliberately conscious of not calling your honesty into question. The first two paragraphs of my post were obviously directed to you to make that plain. Only the last line was to Purple because the article by Gordon Bennett is very interesting. I have many more like that, and yes without speaking directly to Robert Chase and others the only way to build a picture of what happened is to read what was said or reported at the time. The history of our great club interests me and I know enough to understand that everything is not black and white. I am ridiculed on here as being some kind of happy clappy delia loving fan where as if you read my posts I have no more or less respect for her than I do Big Bob. Sir Arthur was my man! Looking from the outside as a football fan it was only him of all the chairmen who managed to put football first but even he fell foul of the fans on occasion for selling "the family silver".

Anyway, the real purpose of this PM is because although, as I said, I have a big interest in the clubs history I also have a huge interest in maintaining friendships with people I meet through all walks of life. The pink un messageboard has brought together and forged friendships between people whose common bond is their football club. You and I are part of that. I am not going to be party to a public falling out that will only satisfy those trolls who hide behind usernames setting fan against fan. I know you questioned my morals too but to be fair I was only turning the joke back on to the troll who started it.

My friendship with you is more important to me than finding out whether Watling & Armstrong or Smith & Jones plotted behind the scenes to remove Chase but between you and me I doubt any of ''em are saviours.

Take care my friend, be lucky and see you soon,

Eddie.

[/quote]

Nutty, oh dear, oh dear, I can''t even pay someone a compliment without being attacked by you my friend! I cannot respond with any bickering, because I have adopted the policy put forward by Phat Canary in an excellent recent post, concerning ceasing any more tiresome bickering. I am born again and saved you see. In any case other posters on here have absolutely slaughtered you in a far more articulate and devastating way on this MB than I could ever hope to. I think that you will find the post from an Ian James was intended to be far more divisive than my modest little post, so why did you not direct your vitriol towards him? Because it didn''t fit in with your agenda. Look I will save you some trouble, I think you are just a desperate attention seeker, posting tirelessley all day long in the hope that someone, somewhere will take notice of you. So the worst thing anyone can do is respond to you. I therefore solemley promise with immediate effect NEVER to read or acknowledge/respond to any more of your posts ok? Now you direct your wit and wisdom towards everybody else. Fill your boots....

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Nutty, oh dear, oh dear, I can''t even pay someone a compliment without being attacked by you my friend! I cannot respond with any bickering, because I have adopted the policy put forward by Phat Canary in an excellent recent post, concerning ceasing any more tiresome bickering. I am born again and saved you see. In any case other posters on here have absolutely slaughtered you in a far more articulate and devastating way on this MB than I could ever hope to. I think that you will find the post from an Ian James was intended to be far more divisive than my modest little post, so why did you not direct your vitriol towards him? Because it didn''t fit in with your agenda. Look I will save you some trouble, I think you are just a desperate attention seeker, posting tirelessley all day long in the hope that someone, somewhere will take notice of you. So the worst thing anyone can do is respond to you. I therefore solemley promise with immediate effect NEVER to read or acknowledge/respond to any more of your posts ok? Now you direct your wit and wisdom towards everybody else. Fill your boots....

[/quote]

But this is bickering, extremely tiresome and another unreasonable rant. The post immediately above Purples was about skin, custard and nerds. It had nothing to do with you. I bet you think everything is about you.. you''re so....[8]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Lord Norwich,

I have an opinion, yes, everyone has, they are like bumholes, everyone has one.  Don''t like it, then don''t read it.

And FYI I don''t do bu****it, I tell it how it is, sometimes that may offend, but hell mostly it''s respected.

Thank you, good afternoon [:)]

[/quote]

Don''t do bu****it, my ar$e!

You WAY were the one who started that ridiculous ''I''ve got a secret'' rumour just a couple of weeks ago, and collared that great buffoon First Wizard to join your little cabal. Why did you do it? Because you hunger for respect on this forum and want to play with the big hitters. So you think you have respect? You gotta be kidding, girl. You follow posters around like a lost lamb trying to find its way home. Fact is WAY, this secret rumour thread and all the bu****it that came with it proves you are nothing but a TROLL.

[quote user="Rock the Boat"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Lord Norwich,

I have an opinion, yes, everyone has, they are like bumholes, everyone has one.  Don''t like it, then don''t read it.

And FYI I don''t do bu****it, I tell it how it is, sometimes that may offend, but hell mostly it''s respected.

[/quote]

You WAY were the one who started that ridiculous ''I''ve got a secret'' rumour just a couple of weeks ago, and collared that great buffoon First Wizard to join your little cabal. Why did you do it? Because you hunger for respect on this forum and want to play with the big hitters. So you think you have respect? You gotta be kidding, girl. You follow posters around like a lost lamb trying to find its way home. Fact is WAY, this secret rumour thread and all the bu****it that came with it proves you are nothing but a TROLL.

[/quote]

That''s more than a tad harsh. I''m pretty sure that the "I''ve got a secret" rumour didn''t start with WAY, although they (yes, there are two of them) were passed some information subsequently. As for the rest of your post, you are entitled to your opinion, but I suspect that most regular posters enjoy their contacts with WAY and  gladly give them the respect that you say they "hunger for". I know that I do, at least. The fact is that there has been a lot of personal stuff floating around in the last few weeks and none of us can claim complete innocence in that, but I would have to say that, in my experience, WAY tends to be one of the most friendly and cheerful posters on here.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Rock the Boat"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Lord Norwich,

[/quote]

[/quote]

That''s more than a tad harsh. I''m pretty sure that the "I''ve got a secret" rumour didn''t start with WAY, although they (yes, there are two of them) were passed some information subsequently. As for the rest of your post, you are entitled to your opinion, but I suspect that most regular posters enjoy their contacts with WAY and  gladly give them the respect that you say they "hunger for". I know that I do, at least. The fact is that there has been a lot of personal stuff floating around in the last few weeks and none of us can claim complete innocence in that, but I would have to say that, in my experience, WAY tends to be one of the most friendly and cheerful posters on here.

[/quote]

Crawler!

It''s only because you want somewhere to stop for a free cuppa between Kings Lynn and Norwich[;)]

Fully agree with you sentiments Beau, us grandparents have got to stick together!

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Rock the Boat"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Lord Norwich,

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Crawler!

It''s only because you want somewhere to stop for a free cuppa between Kings Lynn and Norwich[;)]

Fully agree with you sentiments Beau, us grandparents have got to stick together!

[/quote]

So are we gonna have a grandparents group now[:^)]

No.5 is due in October[<:o)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Rock the Boat"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Lord Norwich,

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Crawler!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Funnily enough that''s exactly what my wife asked me.[6]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Rock the Boat"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Lord Norwich,

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Crawler!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Congrats on that NN. I''m just a starter in the grandparent stakes compared to your good self and the Butler. Of course, he is so much older than me........[;)]

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Congrats on that NN. I''m just a starter in the grandparent stakes compared to your good self and the Butler. Of course, he is so much older than me........[;)]

[/quote]

Thanks Beaus

Butler is so much older than all of us[:O].....

...''cept Lapp[;)]

[quote user="Rock the Boat"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Lord Norwich,

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh do stop showing yourself up please.  I didn''t start any rumours as it goes, and what I knew did indeed come out in the press months after I knew about it.  Ask any of those I told about it at the time, they too knew what was going on, including Pete from the webteam. 

As I said I don''t do bull, I only deal in the truth, my my you are an angy little person aren''t you? lol sad that anger will destroy you in the end. 

And lol @ the troll comment, how old are you??? 15,16?

[quote user="St. Cluck"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Although you took it well Butler... it wasn''t a directed at you at all I can assure you!

Sometimes those who constantly flick pebbles at others and then run to mother need a boulder on their head. I''ve met dozens of them during my lifetime and can spot them a mile off. NN is an absolute gem..... ex civil servant or council employee no doubt.

Like I say .... he''ll have you in a burqa next time you stray from the inner circle and then your legs will never see the light of day again! [;)]

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Rock the Boat"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Lord Norwich,

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thank you Beau, you have my respect too.  Hey, glad I manage to brighten the place up a little, and I am no different in person than I am on here.  [:D]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

Thanks Beaus

...''cept Lapp[;)]

[/quote]Good grief!How old are all you people???I had you all down as in your thirties with Beauseant recently tying the knot and all that...

[quote user="LQ"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

Thanks Beaus

...''cept Lapp[;)]

[/quote]

Good grief!

How old are all you people???

I had you all down as in your thirties with Beauseant recently tying the knot and all that...

[/quote]

lol amazing isn''t it how words can make you think a person is a certain age.

I''m just a happy person, and lifes too short to not laugh out loud or PMSL [;)]

I''m over 40, I have children and grand kids, one due on Valentines day next year, but my oh my I am young at heart.

[quote user="St. Cluck"][quote user="St. Cluck"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Although you took it well Butler... it wasn''t a directed at you at all I can assure you!

Sometimes those who constantly flick pebbles at others and then run to mother need a boulder on their head. I''ve met dozens of them during my lifetime and can spot them a mile off. NN is an absolute gem..... ex civil servant or council employee no doubt.

Like I say .... he''ll have you in a burqa next time you stray from the inner circle and then your legs will never see the light of day again! [;)]

[/quote]

It may surprise you Cluck that I belong to no group, inner circle, district line or any other society! (temp member of the elite Purist group)

I express my views, have a laugh when I can and go MY WAY(thanks Frank)

As for my legs seeing daylight, they stay hidden until I hit the Algarve and then dazzle all with there briliance (white) until they look native again!

It''s the BBQ summer that''s done for them this year[:D]

[quote user="LQ"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

Thanks Beaus

...''cept Lapp[;)]

[/quote]

Good grief!

How old are all you people???

I had you all down as in your thirties with Beauseant recently tying the knot and all that...

[/quote]

Less of the personal ageist remarks or you will go over my knee young lady! (oh yes I could)[;)]

Sometimes I feel like I''m in a Carry On film...[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Beauseant"]Congrats on that NN. I''m just a starter in the grandparent stakes compared to your good self and the Butler. Of course, he is so much older than me........[;)][/quote]Thanks Beaus

...''cept Lapp[;)][/quote]Well, I''m not saying anything about Butler..........

....I was always told to respect my elders! [;)]

[quote user="LQ"]Sometimes I feel like I''m in a Carry On film...

[;)]

[/quote]

Is that Babs Windsor, Joan Simms or Charles Hawtry?

Carry On at your Convenience?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="LQ"]Sometimes I feel like I''m in a Carry On film...[;)]

[/quote]

Bab''s Windosor? [:D]

[/quote]Only when I turn the old Nawf Laandan accent on![:P]