Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

We've REJECTED a bid!

That''s right, we''ve REJECTED Burnley''s bid for Russel.I must say, that''s unusual for us. The first sniff of cash and we normally rip their hands off (and maybe we should of done for Russel). Either way, it''s nice to see we''re being a bit more controlling in the transfer market.

I''d actually pay to see him out of here.Will be a bit annoyed if rejecting that bid results in him staying here though. Let''s hope they come back with an improved offer or at least a take it or leave it with the 500k.

[quote user="McCanary"]I`d let him go for two bob and a big apple!![/quote]If the offer was the reported 500k, then i am very surprised we didn''t take it. Unless it was a stupid amount of installments.

Rejecting bids, making bids and taking our time over medicals. Why was it so hard to do this sort of thing a year ago? Interesting how a tight budget does not have to diminish protocol along with expenditure. Something Roeder would have done well to adjust to in his time at the helm.

[quote user="Romantic"]Rejecting bids, making bids and taking our time over medicals. Why was it so hard to do this sort of thing a year ago? Interesting how a tight budget does not have to diminish protocol along with expenditure. Something Roeder would have done well to adjust to in his time at the helm.[/quote]Agreed!

[quote user="hogesar"]That''s right, we''ve REJECTED Burnley''s bid for Russel.
I must say, that''s unusual for us. The first sniff of cash and we normally rip their hands off (and maybe we should of done for Russel). Either way, it''s nice to see we''re being a bit more controlling in the transfer market.
[/quote]

McNally was probably laughing too much to say yes!

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="hogesar"]That''s right, we''ve REJECTED Burnley''s bid for Russel.I must say, that''s unusual for us. The first sniff of cash and we normally rip their hands off (and maybe we should of done for Russel). Either way, it''s nice to see we''re being a bit more controlling in the transfer market.[/quote]

McNally was probably laughing too much to say yes!

[/quote]Speaking of McNally, just like the Fakenham game he was walking around chatting to fans. Seems a nice bloke!

If we have rejected a £500,000 bid for Russell then i seriously doubt that we are selling Clingan for anything less than £750,000.

[quote user="Romantic"]Rejecting bids, making bids and taking our time over medicals. Why was it so hard to do this sort of thing a year ago? Interesting how a tight budget does not have to diminish protocol along with expenditure. Something Roeder would have done well to adjust to in his time at the helm.[/quote]

We actually have a chief executive now who knows what he''s doing in the transfer market unlike Doomy

I think the Clingan deal will contain a sell on clause and perhaps a few other add ons such as play-offs/promotion and appearences.I think the point here is that they dropped their own valuation of Russell by £250k and Gunn is rightly pointing that out. And it could be in silly installments.I think anything £600k+ would get him. I should imagine the only extra bits in there would be if they stay up. There would be little point in a sell on clause.

can''t really understand the hostility to Russell. Yes he had a bad season last year, but there weren''t many who didn''t! The fact that Burnley are prepared to part with money for him should indicate that he could do a job for us in the 3rd division at least. Burnely do not appear interested in signing McVeigh however.....

I agree BB. He was not up to scratch at times, but then he was pushed from pillar to post by GR. He does have a wee bit of a problem with his tackles, but he does put in 100%.

Saying all this, I still think we should except a bid of around 400k, besides the last time he left us, we got promoted...

But I on''t think it is right to be slagging off players.

[quote user="hogesar"]That''s right, we''ve REJECTED Burnley''s bid for Russel.I must say, that''s unusual for us. The first sniff of cash and we normally rip their hands off (and maybe we should of done for Russel). Either way, it''s nice to see we''re being a bit more controlling in the transfer market.[/quote]

the bid was probably £250k